• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► iPhone 5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
What is the point of having thousands upon thousands of songs with you at all times?

I have like 5 albums on my iPhone and I'm totally content with just listening to that. If I get bored of one, I can trade it out for another album. You're never going to listen to thousands upon thousands of songs.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
It's really just a matter of convenience (and preference). Some people (like me) listen to hundreds of songs a day, quite easily. And since what I feel like listening to changes rapidly depending on my mood, it's just nice to be able to have as much of my library on my device of choice that I can. Coming from the 32 GB iPhone 4, it was getting very annoying having to remove material to put new shit or something that I felt like listening to on my phone, especially since these whims usually come at a time when I'm not actually able to just whip my MacBook out and do so (such as when I'm walking home/to school/on campus/out and about in general).

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
It's always nice to be prepared. Besides, I do more things on my iPod/SII that requires the memory. I recorded my favorite band's performance at a concert and it took up a whopping 4 gigs of space. I have a couple of apps that are about a gig in size, and I'm currently watching all 4 seasons of Justice League. Believe it or not, the gigs add up. Heck, I've only 500 songs in my library and it's about 4 gigs.

But more importantly, the real reason I'm peeved is because the iPhone/iPod Touch are severely overpriced. A 32 gig iPod SHOULD NOT cost $299. They've stayed at that price for a couple of years now.

D

Deleted member 36435

What is the point of having thousands upon thousands of songs with you at all times?

I have like 5 albums on my iPhone and I'm totally content with just listening to that. If I get bored of one, I can trade it out for another album. You're never going to listen to thousands upon thousands of songs.
Because why not? It is so much more convenient for me to have all of my music already than it is to have to swap it out preemptively.
Also, with phones having a resolution of 1280 x 720 nowadays, large movie file sizes are becoming more common, get a couple of those and a bunch of TV shows and you can fill up a lot of space, very fast.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I guess I just never find a reason to need tv shows or movies either. There's rarely a time where I'm on my own awaway from home without my laptop so I have all my shit with me anyway. Idk when I'd ever need to watch something like a movie on my phone

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I agree with you in that regard, Celtis, but you've gotta understand people have different experiences. For some people, it is perfectly conceivable to sit and watch an entire movie/a couple of episodes on a phone. Therefore, why not give people the option of doing so if they need it? For people like you who don't need that much space, there are cheaper and smaller alternatives. Everybody's happy.

Blobbit

Awards
I preordered my 16 GB white iPhone 5 from Verizon around 7 pm on the 14th. It's apparently coming on the 28th even though we haven't received any confirmation email or cc charge. The wait is killing me D: Hopefully the 16 GB will be enough. I have about 25 GB of music but I'm probably only going to sync a few of my playlists onto my phone for when I go running and whatnot. The rest is staying on my 4th gen iPod touch!

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
My point is, though, when do you ever have the opportunity to sit and watch a whole movie on your own where you aren't around a computer or laptop or tablet or something

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My point is, though, when do you ever have the opportunity to sit and watch a whole movie on your own where you aren't around a computer or laptop or tablet or something
I did it with Inception....

Anyways, my brother got one of these 5's on day 1 I think cause he works at apple and can just walk in there and get one.
Anyways, he's liking it. I think he said the speed of it is much better.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Come to the Middle GA(not the name of it just general location) where I'm at in college and you'll see why the Internet on campus is so garbage I could watch 30 movies before I wait for a 300MB file to finish downloading. It's not a joke now I may be overdoing more like at least 8 movies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
It takes me 2 hours to commute to school, and another two when I come back home.

A couple episodes of Justice League makes the commute soooo much more bearable.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
The most recent product I've had from Apple was the iPod mini, lol. I guess I'm still stuck in last decade.

D

Deleted member 36435

Why spend more money on a tablet/laptop when I can get a phone that can do it all?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I agree with you in that regard, Celtis, but you've gotta understand people have different experiences. For some people, it is perfectly conceivable to sit and watch an entire movie/a couple of episodes on a phone. Therefore, why not give people the option of doing so if they need it? For people like you who don't need that much space, there are cheaper and smaller alternatives. Everybody's happy.

this. I'm a person who can watch tv stuff on my Droid.

I draw the line at theatrical movies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Watching a movie on the bus from my town to Sydney on my iPod was wonderful. And it got my friend into The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
It's not drastically better than the battery of the 4S, just a bit better. Considering it's using LTE as opposed to 3G this time, that's actually a good thing. I've never had an issue with the battery life of my iPhone's.
That's a plus...
I'm probably gonna get the new iPod Touch but i was curious how well the battery life was specially that it is using LTE antenna. One of the things that i never like about android was the overall poor battery performance in just about all of their devices. Given that a lot of it has to do with the kernel and firmware you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back