• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► iPhone 5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
That's a plus...
I'm probably gonna get the new iPod Touch but i was curious how well the battery life was specially that it is using LTE antenna. One of the things that i never like about android was the overall poor battery performance in just about all of their devices. Given that a lot of it has to do with the kernel and firmware you are on.

It should do fine. I've had the 2nd gen, 3nd gen, and currently own the 4th gen iPod Touch. I have absolutely no calms about any of their battery lives at all. I listen any from 1-4 hours of music, and watch maybe about 20-160 minutes of video on my iPod Touch daily and (depending on the screen brightness) it only loses anywhere from a quarter to half of it's battery life.

As long as you know/learn how to manage battery life, you shouldn't run into any problems.

State

Awards
Anyone with a iPhone4/S here? During the first days of the 5's release, people in my country were encountering a problem, and it was that their 4 versions were randomly turning off after the 5's release. My brother's phone turned off and I know of three other close individuals to us that also did the same thing. Inclusively, a radio show over here did a poll on twitter and a lot answered that they've encountered the same problem. This started happening back at Monday.

Anyone know something?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I was considering returning my S3 for another phone (the only other thing out worth changing for is the iPhone 5) because my battery was terrible (well, at least only as good as my 2 year old Droid X).

But then I realized why my battery was getting sucked so badly. There are developer options that let you limit the amount of tasks running at once; you can even have a live update on CPU usage. So I limited the S3 (also learned that the home button leaves tasks in standby, while the back button exits them) and now the thing lasts quite a while.

Neat that they give you the options to control your phone.

D

Deleted member 36435

You're using Geekbench as your proof? Lmao nice joke. But nah. There are MULTIPLE benchmarks that confirm the iPhone 5 is faster.
see, i provided a source
you spewed shit from your mouth again and then said "your source sux!!!"

Geekbench is considered a pretty good source for benchmarks, as their name implies and in fact there are benchmarks where the iPhone 5 passes the S3 and vice-versa.
Except, you made a ridiculous claim with the intent to start some sort of argument without providing any evidence whatsoever. Then when your claim was challenged your retort was so ridiculous I'm not sure if you can even consider it a retort.

Benchmarking can also be considered a silly thing as they often don't take into factors most users will be including with their use and often just take raw specification benchmarks, which is contradictory to your claim even more than "specs don't matter." Which is the most retarded thing said this year. To imply that specifications on what is basically a tiny computer make no difference is just insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
D

Deleted member 36435

these show it is behind:
Benchmarks show iPhone 5 trailing Galaxy S3 | ITProPortal.com
iPhone 5 Vs. Samsung Galaxy S3: The Galaxy S3 Is Faster Than The iPhone 5 : Tech : Latinos Post
iPhone 5 vs. Galaxy SIII Benchmark [Performance]

IT IS AS IF BENCHMARKS AND SPEED TESTS ARE PURELY USED FOR REFERENCE POINTS AND RARELY MEAN ANYTHING BECAUSE THE RESULTS OFTEN VARY TOO MUCH

Jesus christ, please read, I know it may be difficult but you gotta do it, man.

I'm not even arguing that one is better than the other, I'm just pointing out how inane and pointless your claim was.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Pretty much

What_s_the_best_way_to_milk_a_sheep_-10915.JPEG

Blobbit

Awards
The iPhone 5 is my first smartphone but I can confirm the battery life isn't a problem. It lasted the entire day for me and I was using LTE data throughout the day and also taking a lot of pictures at the fair. I really like the phone just because I don't need to carry around my iPod Touch anymore.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
I think the 4" to 4.3" screen size is perfect. I recently got the iPhone 5 after having been a Droid X user for 2 years, which had a 4.3" screen.

I do quite like iOS, despite claims of it being stale. I can see where people would think that, but since this is literally the first iPhone I've ever had, I'm really enjoying it. Though who's to say what kind of phone I'll get in 2 years' time when my contract is up.

By then I might be looking into Windows Phone 9 or 10 or whatever number they'll be at.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
It's not necessarily taking a step back. Plenty of people have expressed the opinion that they think it's too large. Some of us like smaller phones.
For samsung to downgrade the GSIII screen from 4.8" to 4.0" and keep the name GSIII which is their flagship tag would be a downgrade imo. That like apple taking the the iPhone5 and making the screen 3.5" again and calling it the iPhone5(s) lol. but in all seriousness they should just give it a different name with slightly different specs... It would be a waste to make a new sku just for a smaller unit.

I do quite like iOS, despite claims of it being stale. I can see where people would think that, but since this is literally the first iPhone I've ever had, I'm really enjoying it. Though who's to say what kind of phone I'll get in 2 years' time when my contract is up.

By then I might be looking into Windows Phone 9 or 10 or whatever number they'll be at.

Though i love android i also like IOS because it just flat out works... it doest have the perks of android but it also doesnt feel like a beta product either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back