• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Important notice regarding Starlight Keyblade in KINGDOM HEARTS 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
I agree with Audo.

Also guys, if I recall correctly we got 3.6k Jewels from completing all those mini games. Without the Starlight Code we would have played it too.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I literally just finished the last challenge right before coming here.

Enfy

Why is everyone acting like you got tricked into playing? They didn't say how you can get it otherwise, this doesn't mean you can earn it in-game, for all you know it could mean it'll be available as paid DLC or something. Why not wait and see what other means it's available by before assuming the worst?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
To those complaining about the Kingdom Classic games used to unlock the keyblade:

They're in KH3 also so that would have been a good way to get in some practice before hand.

To those complaining about UX:

I don't blame you. No reason that they're making it illegal in more and more countries. Never in US tho, cheating others out of their hard earned money is the nature of capitalism.

To those complaining about SE marketing:

Can you blame them? They just lost two countries worth of players and because of leaks it was discovered that you didn't need the code anyway and word on the internet spreads fast.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Why is everyone acting like you got tricked into playing? They didn't say how you can get it otherwise, this doesn't mean you can earn it in-game, for all you know it could mean it'll be available as paid DLC or something. Why not wait and see what other means it's available by before assuming the worst?
this fandom runs on sodium chloride

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This doesn't change the fact that they outright lied.
Secondly, yes. People were tricked into playing because many players did so under the promise they would be getting an exclusive Keyblade.

If they were upfront from the beginning then this wouldn't be an issue.

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
This doesn't bother me. I knew the Starlight keyblade would be available to get either later in the game or DLC. Getting it early was pretty much my goal from the get go.

NoWay

Awards
I didn’t even try to achieve it :D
I tried playing Classic Kingdom for the sake of trying but I failed completely. :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Secondly, yes. People were tricked into playing because many players did so under the promise they would be getting an exclusive Keyblade.

It's exactly this. There wouldn't be an issue if they hadn't worded it and advertised it in a way which suggested that this Keyblade would only be achieved through a code you get from playing UX.

Master Alkar

Wait, so I completed those obnoxious mini games when it wasn't technically the only way to get Starlight? I mean it felt good to finish them all and I have the code but this is just silly

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
Wait, so I completed those obnoxious mini games when it wasn't technically the only way to get Starlight? I mean it felt good to finish them all and I have the code but this is just silly

It's the only way to get the Starlight keyblade early instead of later in the game. That was the point of the mini games.

Enfy

First, I'm not convinced they outright lied. They lowered the required scores, which says to me that not many people were doing it (or fewer than they expected), and this change (that it's not exclusive) says to me that the score requirement change still didn't get them the numbers they wanted, so they're adding another way to get it (probably just paying for it). Less of an outright deception, and more a change of plans.

I really don't understand the anger about being "tricked." Considering the likely alternative way to get Starlight is just buying it as paid DLC, I can't possibly get mad at them for "tricking" me into getting it the free way. Worst case scenario? I would have gotten it in the game (probably for doing the same type of minigames), but instead I wasted a couple hours over a few months playing dumb minigames. Really doesn't seem like a big deal.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
In the end I'm glad this Keyblade isn't a time-exclusive deal, that's great for people who might want to get this keychain in the years to come.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
First, I'm not convinced they outright lied. They lowered the required scores, which says to me that not many people were doing it (or fewer than they expected), and this change (that it's not exclusive) says to me that the score requirement change still didn't get them the numbers they wanted, so they're adding another way to get it (probably just paying for it). Less of an outright deception, and more a change of plans.

I really don't understand the anger about being "tricked." Considering the likely alternative way to get Starlight is just buying it as paid DLC, I can't possibly get mad at them for "tricking" me into getting it the free way. Worst case scenario? I would have gotten it in the game (probably for doing the same type of minigames), but instead I wasted a couple hours over a few months playing dumb minigames. Really doesn't seem like a big deal.

I won’t clarify more without being in the spoiler section, but no. That isn’t what is happening. The plan did not change. This was always intended, they just outright lied and deceived players.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah so I love the Classic Kingdom games so I am not upset that I played them a lot or anything, but this is a crappy move. It does come off like they just really wanted more downloads.

Honestly I also would have been fine earning it in game if that's the case, so I dunno how I feel about that aspect. But oh well, too late now I guess.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
In the end I'm glad this Keyblade isn't a time-exclusive deal, that's great for people who might want to get this keychain in the years to come.
So whenever I can be able to re-download this game (don't have space for it), I'll have a chance to get it whenever?
Sweet.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
So whenever I can be able to re-download this game (don't have space for it), I'll have a chance to get it whenever?
Sweet.
Starlight Codes stop being issued through KHUx this April, so no. Rather it's saying there are other ways to get it.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I don't understand the outrage, this doesn't seem like a lie to me.
If I'd paid money for it and then was told: "Actually, you can earn it in game for free." Then I would be mad.
But instead I wasted an hour or so at worst playing games I'd have played anyway, even if they had said it was unlocked in game.

Is it annoying? Kind of, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Back