• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~ If You Listen Closely ~ Original Romance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Well, in a typical Japanese school there would be teachers for different homeroom classes. The students stay in the classroom for the whole entire school day while teachers do the rotating to teach the other classes.

Hmmm...which brings up my second question: Are there set homeroom teacher(s) for the senior class or should I just make up a teacher so I can finish my first post?

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Okay, either you've done your research or you've been to school in Japan, Reika.
The former. I'm basically some what of a Japanophile to some extent. It would be my dream to have achieved the latter though.
Hmmm...which brings up my second question: Are there set homeroom teacher(s) for the senior class or should I just make up a teacher so I can finish my first post?
There are three-years in total for high school (and junior high) which would be labeled first-year, second-year, third-year. I'm still slightly confused on how the english dub come by the second-year labeling for translation since some take it as sophomore or junior.

But these three years of high school, all homeroom teachers should have different ones each year but when moving up the grades, if you have a certain homeroom teacher at your first-year year, they would be teaching your specific year too. But it's not like you would have them for the rest of your high school life; it would be possible for a student not to have their first-year homeroom teacher be their second or third year homeroom teacher. I'm not saying that it's not possible to have them again.

Just think of the middle school system here; your stuck with your specific teachers for the two years spent there yet there are also other teachers that don't teach you but other classes which would make up, in total, half the teaching staff for the classes. The other half would be the ones that are still teaching their kids from last year.

Asking who the set teachers are in this rp-story wise, it's best to ask snowy.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I have always wanted to be a student in Japan... There were even times when I thought to go over there and fake bein' a first year since I was about 6 feet even then. I could probably pull it off too. And all that I know about their school system I learned from anime/manga and video games.

I don't know what the third year homeroom teacher is, but the second year is male. But Reika, don't forget that there are schools, just like here in America, where the homeroom teachers are set and you're stuck with them for your entire high school life unless you transfer out. That's how my high school was because there are schools that use the alphabetical system using Romanji. Other than that, it's just as you say.

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
I have always wanted to be a student in Japan... There were even times when I thought to go over there and fake bein' a first year since I was about 6 feet even then. I could probably pull it off too. And all that I know about their school system I learned from anime/manga and video games.

I don't know what the third year homeroom teacher is, but the second year is male. But Reika, don't forget that there are schools, just like here in America, where the homeroom teachers are set and you're stuck with them for your entire high school life unless you transfer out. That's how my high school was because there are schools that use the alphabetical system using Romanji. Other than that, it's just as you say.
Excuse me? I'm stuck with the same teachers my whole entire high school life...!? God damn...

Romajii (mistakenly spelled with an 'n' due to mispronunciation >.> had to point that out) is basically just Japanese using alphabetical letters which also includes marking long and short vowels, sometimes written/typed as a double letter/associating vowel. For example, "Shirō" would be simplified as "Shirou" or "Yū" would be "Yuu" due to the emphasis of the pronunciation. Though it won't always be the case since there have been times where the given word would be spelled with a double letter/associating vowel as a correct spelling.

Dee

Bronze Member
Name: Yuki Kimura.

Grade: 11th.

Appearance:
anime_girl_fav4236.jpg

This is Yuki's casual look, she doesn't really wear anything overly flashy. Although she normally wears black, most of her out of school clothes are quite modest and tailored nicely. Once out of school she changes into her normal clothing.

Personality: Yuki has a calm, quiet personality and she never tries to draw too much attention to herself. She normally keeps to herself, but sometimes that’s not always possible. Especially when your looks constantly get in the way. People assume because Yuki is good- looking that she’s an idiot or other various stereotypes.

Bio: Yuki had a normal childhood. She was her parents only child, this was hard on Yuki because she was always alone. Thankfully her grandmother lived with the family. She always tried her best to keep Yuki happy by telling her stories about her childhood and by giving Yuki anything she desired. Yuki made up for not having siblings by trying to make friends, but this didn’t work because kids were always so ignorant and shallow. Soon Yuki’s parents decided to move and she will now be attending Aijo Kotogakko. Yuki is excited to be in a new place, she hopes that it will give her the chance to make friends and gain some real life experiences.

Dislikes: -Lazy people.
-Junk-food.

Other: Yuki does work for some of the elderly people in town, so she has gotten to know people around the town and some of their grandchildren that attend Aijo Kotogakkko. It also earns her extra money that she can save or use for whatever she wants.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
This rp looks very fun I would like to join if thats okay

Name: Django Sanata
Grade: 11

Appearance: Signature of coarse without the metalike arm and hes actual six ft with short blonde hair. He wears the 11th grade Black uniform the way he suppost to but every now and then he messes the collar up.

Personality: Being a strange type of guy Django is always appearing out of nowhere when people lest expect him. Always on the look out for something mischevios Django is also a great friend defending those he cares for.

Bio: Being a transferr student from another school Djangos parents had decided he was better then the school he was already going to. Django at his last school wasthe track teams lead marathon man also showing why he was said when his parents gave him the new.

His mom works as a preistess at a temple south of Tokyo while his father is a business lawer showing why his parents are always saying he should be doing good everytime he got in trouble at school.

Likes/Dislikes
like:
Pizza
sneaking up on people when they lest expect it.
Dice
singing

Dislikes:
Rowdy people
Bullies
Stuck up girls
Mirrors

if I need to work on anythin please tell me.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
At least I gave a reason for pickin' it. It's the same as Sophmore/Junior year and I had too much fun back then not to rp for that year.

Oh yea! Hey, Snow? Exactly what clubs are already in existence? Somethin' tells me that Kendo is one of them, which is a good thing because I might have my guy join that one.

Last edited:

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
I haven't set any teachers but from now...
10th Grade: Mr Akiba
11th Grade: Mr Kagawa
12th Grade: Mrs Endo.

Feel free to add honorifics if ye wish, but I won't get strict either way.

Clubs? Right then:
Literature Club
Art Club
Sport Club - all-rounder. Most sports undertaken.
Kendo Club (;D)

If you want others, just ask and I'll add them to the list. If no-one joins a club, it won't be used. :D

Oh, and an apology: I've been very busy and sick for a few days now. University kicks my ass - animation is haaaaard DX So yeah, forgive me. Feel free to interact and such as much as you wish if I'm not around.

<3

EDIT: Provided other people join the two clubs, Yoichi shall be in Sport, and Subaru shall be in Kendo. I'll swap em if no-one else joins those clubs.

Last edited:

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
Although I'm not going to make my character go to any clubs due to work, maybe, on her days off, she might sneak around and take interest in Kendo...
That aside, is that really all the clubs for now? I know that there would be other clubs as well (student council, music club, computer club, tea ceremony, etc.) in a Japanese school, but it's just a hypothetical question.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Oh, and I also agree with what Reika said about a Student Council. You can't have a japanese school without a student council. XD

Awards
Thanks for all the help ^^ I've been rather busy myself. At least now I can finish my first post lol As for clubs...I'll have Seta be in the Literature Club. Though, I may want to add a club...I'll need to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back