• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Hunter x Hunter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Hunter x Hunter TV Anime Series Confirmed for This Fall - News - Anime News Network

So yeah, with the manga's return (this August, if I remember correctly), they've been promoting the crap out of this series, and now they are throwing in a new anime to boot.

I never got into the series, so I never understood the hype surrounding it, but I'll probably give the new anime a try.

EDIT: If you want to watch this show legally like a good human being, you have options. Specifically, this option:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/hunter-x-hunter

They got other stuff too. It's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Re: New Hunter X Hunter Anime for this Fall

Yeah. heard a lot of stuff about this series, some good, some bad (most of it is about Togashi being a lazy ass really) and I've thought about reading it at some point.

Is this anime a new season of new project? Because if its a new project, might just watch that instead.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Author is the same as Yu Yu Hakasho. I find it incredibly weird this was announced, because I just watched the first episode of the original anime like over a week ago. I'll give it a try, I only got one episode in and it's an incredibly old anime. It looked like some sort of alteration on Toriko from what I saw.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

I have heard a lot of comparisons towards Toriko when it comes up to a certain hunting arc in HxH.

I can't say for sure though.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I've only watched one episode of it, and this is an old anime so obviously not a very strongly following version, but it was a LOT like Toriko. Toriko felt much better mostly because the main character of Toriko was grown up and had an understanding of the world around him, whereas HunterXHunter felt.. well, the opposite.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

It sounds so weird to compare HxH to Toriko considering that the former was first serialized about a decade prior. Seems like the opposite should be happening, idk

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Seriously what the hell you guys, you can't compare the two. The story in HxH is far more complex than Toriko's (granted, Toriko doesn't try to be that) and came years before it. SMH and Gon may be a child, but he's shown on numerous occasions an intelligence that rivals most adults, but that's just me showing my love for the series ignore this

It's weird to hear it's coming back though. I'd pretty much given up hope of the manga ever being updated again. What took Togashi so long? The first big hiatus was for the birth of his child, understandable. The second one ...illness...ok I guess it's possible for someone to be sick for over a month sure why not ... The third time....no damn reason at all. And it was the longest hiatus yet. He broke it up by giving us a few chapters to tide us over, but that's still beyond not cool. I'm kinda skeptical he'll stick around long.

But ignore the old anime, guys. Read the manga. Togashi's art is a thing of wonder that cannot be replicated in animation, and the story's great. It's one of those rare serials that has the potential to go on forever and never be dull.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Well you gotta realise that neither myself, Nevermore and Pinwheel have read HxH at all and have extremely basic knowledge on it so you can't get on us for something we're only speculating at.

What took Togashi so long? He's a lazy bonk is what. His obsession with Dragon Quest takes priority over his manga, I'm guessing the only reason he's back now is because Jump forced him to via some money means about not selling his new volumes till he starts serilaisation again.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

I'm not getting on to you, I am just disappoint.

And I did some research, the most popular theory about this hiatus is that he's lazy. However the most logical (and most likely) is that he's just run out of ideas. Yu Yu Hakusho had a very steady update rate. Though after he had his baby, he also apparently became a total perfectionist about his pages, opting to do it without assistants (thus cutting his production time in half) and even completely redrawing chapters for the graphic novel version (wasting his time, and Jump's). Combine that with him being out of ideas, I can somewhat see why he's been out of it for so long. An artists who's lost his mojo is a head case waiting to happen. I'm still skeptical about this return, though.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

He redraws them for the volumes because what he submits to Jump tends to be the bare bones sketches most times. The art towards the end of Yu Yu Hakusho was horrible, remember reading the last chapter and seeing this shoddy art.

Its not the most popular theory, its basically fact. In past Jump columns he has commented on playing through the first Dragon Quest dungeon emphasis on dungeon and racking up 100 hours. Face it, the dudes lazy.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

Finally. It's been what? Almsot a year since the last chapter? IDK.
Really like the characters although honestly i cant remember any names now. How sad.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

Ah fantastic news.

Even better as I've recently picked up HunterxHunter and am about 100 chapters in.
Brilliant series, always thought that people were probably overeacting about it as a whole, but I was wrong.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

^If not for the ridiculous hiatuses I'd consider HxH on even playing field with One Piece. Togashi has a knack for making even the smallest characters extremely fleshed out.

The new chapter's out. A little preachy, and absolutely no action (a surprise for what's supposed to be a triumphant return), but still good. The next chapter aught to be awesome.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards

Hype Hype Hype 8D !!

I'm so glad that it won't be short lived XD, I wish there was some trailer so I could see some awesome art 83. *coughkorapikaandgonandkilluacough*

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website

tumblr_lsv7ip0unb1qc237vo1_500.jpg

So the new anime started earlier this month and is several episodes in. Anybody been following it? If so, what's the verdict?

And in the manga, after that very poor ending to the Chimera Ant arc, things are getting pretty awesome again with Ging FINALLY playing an active role in the story and Hisoka reemerging. Here's hoping Togashi's got what it takes to make this series great again.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I've been watching it (just about to watch episode three, actually).

So far, I really like it. It moves along at a fast clip, but oh man is the writing for this series absolutely fantastic. Like, it makes scenes that would be cliche in other shounen series outright impressive just by the strength of the dialog and the progression of the events.

From what I heard, the original anime's pacing was really slow by comparison, so it's probably a Dragon Ball Z vs. Dragon Ball Kai sort of thing (except that this is actually getting redrawn and whatnot).

Esso

Fire Breaker

I'm watching it too. Gotta admit I was a bit skeptical on whether or not I'd be interested enough to follow through with it, but episode 2 did an awesome job in convincing me. Makes me feel even better that we won't have to worry about issues following source material for the time being, given that the manga has about 300+ chapters already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back