• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How long should it take a PSP to charge?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What PSP do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
Don't think this thread's been started. It didn't show up so i was just wondering how long it should take the PSP to charge? And once it is charged, about how long does the battery last before you have to recharge it? Just got the PSP and i don't really know much about it. Does it vary with different PSP's?

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Eh mine lasts a pretty long time, 8-10 hours? Maybe. I guess it depends on what you're doing as well. Also not very long to charge fully, I usually leave mine in over night, and it's always charged by then, I'd say 3 hours tops?

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I only have a 1000 that I got on Christmas of '05 and idk if my battery is getting weaker or something but it only takes 30 minutes to charge. Im not sure how long yours will take since im guessing its new but it should take probably an hour to two hours to be fully charged. But you can play it while its charging, theres no harm in doing that. Also if you go all the way to Settings, on the left side of the XMB Bar, and go to System Settings and find Battery Information and it tells you the percentage of the Battery life, how many hours are left, the power source, and if your using it.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Mine took about three hours to charge and I have the PSP Slim. I think it depends on what version you have though.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
^ yeah my 2000 has the same case too.

3-4 hours of charge time and i can only play it for roughly the same amount (4-5 hrs). and even less if i'm playing with full sound and brightest screen setting. :/

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I have a 2000, I believe. Takes a two to a few hours, though at times I'll just play it before then or on the charger. I'm nto complaining though, it's pretty fast at the time,

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i do that too. playing while charging for moar gameplay. though i'm a bit worried about what will happen to my unit if i do it all the time. hmm.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Two Words. Custom Firmware. Insanity you can have N64 games on a PSP and they run great. I have gameboy games, NES games, File Sorters, PSP Write (Basically Microsoft Word on PSP- I even typed a paper on it once), A Bible on it, High Speed Internet Browser, CWCheat and loads more.

αsiя

space coke
It ttakes my PSP about 2 hours and i get to play for around 6 hours

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
Two Words. Custom Firmware. Insanity you can have N64 games on a PSP and they run great. I have gameboy games, NES games, File Sorters, PSP Write (Basically Microsoft Word on PSP- I even typed a paper on it once), A Bible on it, High Speed Internet Browser, CWCheat and loads more.
This isnt relavent at all.....

And sadly i dont even have a psp :( but i use my friends a bunch and i think he has the 2000. I think it takes 2 1/2-3 hours to charge and you can get in about 5 hours of play time. but mostly we just play with it on the charger

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This isnt relavent at all.....

And sadly i dont even have a psp :( but i use my friends a bunch and i think he has the 2000. I think it takes 2 1/2-3 hours to charge and you can get in about 5 hours of play time. but mostly we just play with it on the charger

Well the poll question asked about what kind of PSP you have.

Anyway, it takes my psp about an hour and a half to charge and stays on for two and a half hours.

Malevolence

Raw Life
I have a psp slim (2000) and I switched my original psp (fat) battery with my slim and now it's more efficient.

Don't think this thread's been started. It didn't show up so i was just wondering how long it should take the PSP to charge?
The battery takes about 1.5 hours to fully charge.
And once it is charged, about how long does the battery last before you have to recharge it?
Battery life on average is about 4.5–7 hours depending on screen brightness, WLAN settings & volume levels etc.
Just got the PSP and i don't really know much about it. Does it vary with different PSP's?
All the PSP's are issued with Li-lon batteries. The PSP-1000 series had 1800mAh batteries, while PSP-2000/PSP-3000 were issued with 1200mAh (due to making the PSP slimmer, the capacity of the battery was reduced by 1/3 of it's size; thus decreasing battery life), but you could upgrade any of the PSP series to a 2200mAh battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back