• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how important do you think the circle pad will be for kh3d?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Overall, yeah. The difference wouldn't be much. But it'd still be better, in my opinion anyways. With BBS, I was annoyed at the fact tha Lock-On, Shotlock, and Camera were all assigned to just those two buttons.

It didn't hinder nor make the gameplay harder in an unfair manner, so that point is moot.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
BBS and Days did fine without it. No reason to expect any different from DDD.

There's an extremely large amount of people who would beg to differ. The camera controls were terrible in both titles. Yeah, the quality of the games wouldn't change drastically, but the quality of the gameplay would. It's the little things bruh. As for not hindering the gameplay…uhh, it did. Not to mention it makes playing the game more uncomfortable. Like I said, little things like that matter.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
There's an extremely large amount of people who would beg to differ. The camera controls were terrible in both titles. Yeah, the quality of the games wouldn't change drastically, but the quality of the gameplay would. It's the little things bruh. As for not hindering the gameplay…uhh, it did. Not to mention it makes playing the game more uncomfortable. Like I said, little things like that matter.

That's where I disagree. I had no problems with the camera in BBS, and I understand that some other people did, but the gameplay was mostly easy and monotonous in both. Such a little thing wouldn't have made it any better, nor more enjoyable.

By default the PSP has uncomfortable controls for these types of games, and even if it had the 2nd analog stick, it'd still be awkward. The DS on the other hand, it can probably, almost be said the same thing.

Those "little things" won't help much when the layout isn't ergonomic. Now, I could be wrong and without the circle pad pro the game has horrible controls, but I like to think it's optional for a reason.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
And I'm the only person in the world who actually enjoys L+R camera controls. Sigh.

I'll probably still get the CPP just for the option of using it in the event that this game is ridiculously hard or frustrating without it.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I thought BBS and Days did fine without the second analog stick so DDD would also play fine. Really it would only improve the gameplay though, so I'll be using the CPP when the game comes out.

Kingdomon

Well, it's not really important, but would be a little more confortable for me to move the camera and stuff.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I will get it only because I want all the options open to me when I play the game and I want the game to be at its best when I play it (I prefer analog camera controls so that there is no messing up when it comes to locking on and camera direction)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Eh as far as the second stick goes i can live without it. The camera was just fine in bbs, had no problem with it and i expect the same in DDD

MadasaHatter

No, those are the NYKO battery packs you're thinking about.

You sure? According to the product Description on amazon:

New Right Circle Pad
New ZR and ZL Buttons as triggers on the shoulders
Uses 1x AAA battery; approx. battery-life: up to 480 hours

Amazon.com: Circle Pad Pro - Nintendo 3DS Accessory (3DS console not included): Video Games
EDIT:Nvm, looks like it's just for the actual add on and not the 3DS itself

I'm definitely getting it when I get my 3DS, always hated the R L controls, so annoying!!!

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Nope, but then again, I can work with both without complaints.

I don't think it comes down to complaining, but more like preference. There was nothing wrong with Days or BbS, and with the consoles layout, I can't see the camera working any other way. However, people always have preferences, and in this case, most people prefer the analog stick because it allows you to pan the camera up and down as well as left and right.

UltimaJackpot

I'm hoping that the add-on allows for the shoulder buttons to be used for scrolling through commands (similar to how Re:Coded worked) instead of the D-Pad. It seems like scrolling through them with the D-Pad would be even more uncomfortable than it was in BBS since the placement of the D-Pad relative to the analog pad was switched around between the PSP and 3DS.

KevVentus

Maybe command selection can be used by the touch screen? Using the D-Pad would indeed be awful... nay, unplayable

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The title says it all. Do you think it will be completely necessary to 3d or do you think that it is just extra. Im asking because im wondering if i should buy it when i get kh3d.

Simple,

Without: BBS Camera
With: KH2 Camera

Pick your choice. BBS/KH1 camera is frustration. KH2 is the one everyone loves

KevVentus

I'm replaying KH and the camera is actually pretty tolerable. It's a different story with the 3DS though because of the placement of the L and R buttons

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Simple,

Without: BBS Camera
With: KH2 Camera

Pick your choice. BBS/KH1 camera is frustration. KH2 is the one everyone loves

I'm going to join the minority here because I prefer using the shoulder buttons for the camera rather than another analog.

KevVentus

I'll just do a test run when the game finally comes out

If I need the circle pad, I'll get it

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I actually like the fact that you didn't have to press so many buttons for BBS. And I think it just worked, especially for Shot Lock. Pressing the L button twice to lock on didn't really matter to me either. And I do prefer shoulder buttons rather than the analog because it just felt right, if that makes any sense. The only thing that I don't like about it though is that if the shoulder buttons gets messed up your pretty much screwed with almost all of the game mechanics.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think I gonna buy the extra circle pad but I'm not sure about the price. I'm guessing it's around 10-30$ in which case I'll buy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back