• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How I Divorced Kingdom Hearts (Please Don't Blame Goofy)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Re: How I Divorced Kingdom Hearts (Please Don't Blame Goofy)

. Also, I don't understand the camera hate. I played through without even realizing there WAS a camera you could control, and after I found it, I loved it, more so than any other camera mechanics in the series (on that note, I detest KH2's camera).

You're allowed to have preferences, but in terms of objective game design, KH2's camera is better because it's much easier to control and actually lets you see what you are doing. This is not something you can argue.

I couldn't care less about the lack of Final Fantasy cameos in recent games (Why should I? This isn't Final Fantasy. There's nothing wrong with a game standing on its own without relying on cameos by famous characters).

Are you familiar with how Kingdom Hearts was originally pitched to people? It was sold as Disney meets Final Fantasy. Maybe it doesn't matter to you but the fact is that the FF-esque JRPG aesthetic and character cameos were part of what sold the game to a lot of people. By straying further and further away from this, the games just betray the expectations of people who got into the series that way.

I've also gotten into how I think the Disney aspect in the series is being grossly mishandled, so really, what do you have left? personally, i think the kh original plot is sophomoric and poorly written, filled with juvenile dialogue and bad characterization. i don't know why anyone would stick around just for that.

Maybe I just don't know what a 'good' game is, but last I checked, that's a subjective term. KH is entirely good to me. But moving on.

Enjoyment is pretty much entirely subjective. Game design isn't. I would not say Kingdom Hearts games are very well-designed.

Last edited:

Kevin Perez

My worthless two cents:

KH1 was great; challenging, captivating, charming. It remains my favorite game in the series, as well as my favorite game of all time. Also, I don't understand the camera hate. I played through without even realizing there WAS a camera you could control, and after I found it, I loved it, more so than any other camera mechanics in the series (on that note, I detest KH2's camera). Except maybe Days'. Which brings me to my next point.

I LOVED Days. Loved it. I loved exploring the backstory of previously established characters, and you know what else? I loved Xion. I went into that game believing she would be worthless and useless and came away sympathizing with her probably more than any other character. I enjoyed the gameplay, the awful graphics, and the story. It is my second-favorite entry.

In general, I like the button mashing KH is known for. It's perfect for someone like me, who cares more about plot than gameplay anyway. Maybe I just don't know what a 'good' game is, but last I checked, that's a subjective term. KH is entirely good to me. But moving on.

Kingdom Hearts has indeed changed over the years, but I don't think it's lost the feel and atmosphere I originally adored about it. Or, well, I didn't think that until I played 3D. Now, I'm not entirely sure. I guess for me it'll depend on how much they use the time traveling element in the future, because, like someone's already said, it just doesn't fit in the universe well, or at least my interpretation of it.

I couldn't care less about the lack of Final Fantasy cameos in recent games (Why should I? This isn't Final Fantasy. There's nothing wrong with a game standing on its own without relying on cameos by famous characters). They are not what make KH memorable for me. The actual original story is. The plot is in and of itself a puzzle, one I am eagerly anticipating the solution of. I don't care if I have to wait another five years for KH3. I'll be here, loving what I’ve got, flaws and all.

Oh, and one last thing: I hate Zelda.

That is all.
I agree with you in regards to the Final Fantasy aspect. I mentioned in my previous post that the characters have always been cameos in this franchise and Kingdom Hearts is definitely NOT as cross over with Final Fantasy. One thing Nomura and Square Enix do get credit, from me at least, is they make very good non-Disney based worlds. I would actually prefer if they put more effort into that and find a way to integrate Disney to the general storyline. FF cameos can be seen as a secondary issue.

but the fact is that the FF-esque JRPG aesthetic and character cameos were part of what sold the game to a lot of people. By straying further and further away from this, the games just betray the expectations of people who got into the series that way.
Then those types of fans really should've jumped ship a long time ago, honestly. Those character cameos have mostly always been from Final Fantasy VII and VIII. Last time I checked there are 13 installments and they can't use other FF characters that aren't from different installments?. The only games that truly have suffered in the lack of Final Fantasy characters have been, at this point, hand-helds, that have been mostly been the side games. The numbered installments, the original and II, always have had a sizable amount of characters from Final Fantasy. III will mostly likely go back to its "traditional roots". I really think some people are being dramatic about the lack FF and exaggerating the so-called sway it as well.

Last edited:
Awards

You're allowed to have preferences, but in terms of objective game design, KH2's camera is better because it's much easier to control and actually lets you see what you are doing. This is not something you can argue.

Are you familiar with how Kingdom Hearts was originally pitched to people? It was sold as Disney meets Final Fantasy. Maybe it doesn't matter to you but the fact is that the FF-esque JRPG aesthetic and character cameos were part of what sold the game to a lot of people. By straying further and further away from this, the games just betray the expectations of people who got into the series that way.

Enjoyment is pretty much entirely subjective. Game design isn't. I would not say Kingdom Hearts games are very well-designed.

I didn't find KH2's camera easier to control, yes, I'm aware of the original pitch, but I didn't get into the series because of Final Fantasy (bold...?), and I fail to see how any part of this isn't subjective. Does that mean my argument isn't legimate, or...what? Is it disregarded because it isn't based off of a single definition of an undefinable word?

FF+Disney made an interesting combination that was pulled off surprisingly well in the first game, but why should they continue to make those two elements the main focus of a series that has its own plot and its own characters? I don't see the point. If you want an FF-esque game, here's an idea: play Final Fantasy ._. I can understand disappointment in this area, but not annoyance.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I fail to see how any part of this isn't subjective

Cameras are supposed to help you see what you're doing and make it easier for you to see different parts of the environment. kh2's camera IS better at this. i'm not really sure how you could say it's the best camera in the series considering kh1's camera got stuck on walls ALL THE TIME, was way too close, and you had very limited control over it. it was just a textbook example of bad camera in videogames, show it to anyone who's familiar with 3d game design and they will tell you that it's bad.

you can prefer kh1's camera to kh2's, that's your prerrogative, but in terms of actually doing what it's supposed to be doing it's not subjective that kh2's is better.

Last edited:

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

I never noticed the problems with the camera in the first game until someone spoke about it. But thinking the camera in the first game is better than KHII's is very silly.

The right-stick is practically designed for camera control.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I'm not sure if "convoluted" is necessarily the right world to describe KH, it's more like "complicated". "Convoluted" implies that the story is extremely complex and hard to follow which it isn't, not in broader strokes, but it tries to layer itself with so many plot points and that's what makes it confusing. And it's not layered in a good way. As mentioned before, there's nothing wrong with a story being complicated and it's not so much an issue of simple stories vs. complex stories, it's that KH...doesn't do complex stories well. Throwing in a bunch of plot points, characters, and bloating the mythos doesn't make a "deep and intricate" story, not if it's badly executed, it the case of KH it's just becoming an uninteresting mess that doesn't make me hope up and down in anticipation for the next game. KH's attempt at depth is superficial and unengaging and suffers from trying too hard.

It's not a matter of personal preference, I actually prefer stories that are more on the complex side, but some stories work better when aimed in a certain direction. I think KH is a story that just didn't need to be this complicated. It's a cross over series marrying Disney and Square, it practically came with a built in background from premise alone, the original story just needed to build on that. Which it sort of did at first until it became a monster and I can see why so many people think KH should stray from Disney. It's built such a huge mythos on it's own that Disney (and by extension, Final Fantasy) have been pushed to the background because for all intensive purposes those elements are all but useless to the story bar from giving it a platform.

Nowwa days it's much less about interacting with Disney characters and exploring their worlds with them than they are filler to occupy space because the core story and the characters have diverged so much. With that the charm and atmosphere the first game built up (KH1 slut praising fufufu!) is gone and KH is essentially a mediocre shonen anime that you can interact with.

And then good lord, the characters! For better or worse the characters have stayed relatively simple as far as character development goes, which I don't think it necessarily a bad thing, but most of them lack characterization to at least make up for it. Some characters are as old as the series and haven't aged well while others are babies that didn't even have a chance. Many of the new protagonist post KH1 are essentially copies of SRK with slight personality variations and or recolors but an ounce of the character but in the mean while are screaming that they're "there own people" (not literally *in most cases*) despite having little variation. Bar from a small handful of characters I don't care about most of them.

For me, I'm mostly sticking around to see through what I started to the end (KH3 is the end, this "saga" business doesn't exist) and to see what happens with the few characters I like. Then I jump ship.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This is because of Goofy isn't it? That dog has had your attention since the start of the series! you don't pay attentiuon to me celtis! did you see my new shirt? i did my hair different too and asll you said was "lol chaser i love goofy".
Well kupo you celtis. why donr you go to Goofy and walk him instead!!!

(And I will actually read this thread LATERRRR!!!)

Awards

Cameras are supposed to help you see what you're doing and make it easier for you to see different parts of the environment.

KH1's camera DID help me. But, once again, I was accustomed to not even using the camera by the time I found it. I played the game just fine without it, so, obviously, having it ONLY helped. KH2's was, for lack of a better word, wonky, and I disliked having it on the analog stick. It messed me up every single time @_@

*sigh* My point is that this argument is just as much valid as yours, his, and hers. You can't call it incorrect simply because you don't agree with it. Logic doesn't work that way. So I will say that I think it was designed better, because, to me, it was T.T And, for the sake of accuracy, I did not say it was the best (that would be hypocritical of me, after claiming 'good' is undefinable), but that I preferred it (it being the shoulder button control, as opposed to the analog control).

I'll...I'll just leave now. Carry on.

NocturnalMelody

I've always loved the series, and still do, and will stick through it till the end.
But that doesn't mean I can't see the glaring flaws the plot has and is continuing to make with Dream Drop Distance.

My biggest issue at first was Xion's existence...actually the entire plot of 358/2 Days for that matter. Not only did Xion's character and backstory rub me the wrong way, the whole game was so lazily written and made things even more complicated than they had to be.

Dream Drop Distance, as much fun as I had playing it, had me facepalming at the plot. So Xehanort knew everything ALL ALONG before it happened? Time travel? ...What? Since when was time travel ever involved in all this? Everything just gets more and more needlessly confusing and muddled.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com

After having read both the first and the second article, I can see where you're coming from. I, too, have had my share of problems with the Kingdom Hearts games. Quite honestly, 3D was my least favorite of the games. The story was convoluted to begin with and then they didn't bother to explain it well to make it less convoluted. The story has always been complicated, even from the first one, but with each game, it becomes harder and harder to figure out where certain things tie in. Each time a new game comes out, I have to play the game that came out before it just to understand what's going on. It used to be that I enjoyed that, but it has gotten tiring, what with all of the side games. Yes, BBS had an important story line, and I enjoyed the game too much to care that it was convoluted, but you're right, Days and Coded were both unnecessary in the long run. That doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy them anyway, for the sheer fun factor.

Every game has its bad parts. Kingdom Hearts 1 was great, like you said, and I enjoyed the slight puzzle strategy that was encountered in each world (like Deep Jungle's potion cooking and Hollow Bastion's maze) that has since been taken out of the series, but it also had its bad parts. I think part of me liked Kingdom Hearts 2 so much simply because the beginning didn't feature Sora. Some people didn't like Roxas, but I did, at least for the first few days before he got whiny. I have since changed my mind where Sora is concerned, but when I first played KH, I hated his cheerfulness and ditzy manners. He was annoying. Every one is going to have different opinions on what is good and what isn't. In order to bring about KH2 and KH3, Nomura had to make the story more convoluted, had to bring in more enemies, had to bring back characters that fans obviously enjoyed (because that brings in more money and SE is a business, even if some fans blame and thus don't like ditzy fan girls. Sorry, but we spend our money on these too, and since KH is Disney based (mostly princess-based at that), the fan base has a large girl population. Not saying that guys don't enjoy it, but, come on, it's Princess Disney, especially the first one). If Nomura didn't make it more complicated, would we have enjoyed a sequel as much? We can say what we dislike about this and what they should have done instead, but another story line would have had its problems, too. Nothing's perfect.

That said, for all of its problems, for all that it is too easy, for all that Disney seems to have taken a backseat where story is concerned, I still love the games. I will always buy a game when it comes out, and I will always play it, and enjoy it. Even though I didn't like 3D by the end, I still enjoyed the general feel of the game and I loved getting to play as both Sora and Riku, even though I missed Donald and Goofy (something that I wouldn't have said after the first game. I always hated Donald). And Flowmotion was just awesome, after you've played the entire game through with it. I've since tried to play other games from the series, both console and handheld, and each time, I try to bounce off a wall and get frustrated when it doesn't happen. So, in the end, each time a game comes out, I remember what I like so much about Kingdom Hearts. It begins, and ends, with Sora's cheerful, ditzy smile. There's the charm that I will always love about KH, and I couldn't care less if Disney ever ended up in another game now. I have much more invested in terms of interest with Sora.

And, since my eight year old niece was next to me when I read the article, here's some words from her. She probably would have written even more than I had she not had to go to bed.

By the way, I do like DDD, but it had some un-challenging moments, like Hockomonkey's brute form. The strategy is to use fire magic when the battle starts. Then hit it. Most of all, I had no need for the potions I bought. He was just too easy. Then there are the moments that are too hard at the wrong time, like Rinzler. His reverse gravity was hard and so was his dive attack. Over all, I half agree and disagree with the article and I do think that Kingdom Hearts is an overall good series, although Days needs some work.

Awards

Awww come on guys! Kingdom Hearts’ narrative is great because it’s stupid. It’s glorious, melodramatic schlock. This is a universe where Donald Duck, Goofy, and Mickey Mouse are not only playing dramatic roles, but are also waging a war against freaking Ming the Merciless. Of course it’s stupid and don’t you dare try and take that away from me. I NEED THIS!! Despite all the silliness, they remain relatively consistent in regards to the rules of the universe and how things work making the story fun to speculate and debate over. It may be a bit hard to explain on paper with all the body switching and what not, but if you witness it all in context it’s really a pretty straight forward story.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to say the game is anywhere near perfect. As for the game play, I can agree that it’s a pretty one note experience, but it’s flashy and entertaining and sometimes that’s enough. In games like Kingdom Hearts, gameplay isn’t really something I take into account. Maybe it’s because I consider myself a borderline casual gamer, but It’s just fun roaming about in films from my youth, kickin’ some butt as the Keyblade Master with my horribly out of place companions. Sure, Days and Coded were superfluous and a bit tedious, but they’re going to be replaced by video files in the upcoming remasters anyway and I think they will be better off for it. In conclusion, Kingdom Hearts is a tidal wave of silly nonsense that I could never stop loving if I tried.

Last edited:

Xbladewielder

Awards

True, the gameplay is getting a little boring, but the system for CoM was unique. I still sort of play KH, but may stop unless it becomes more interesting. The plot is also getting more complicated. First it's hearts, then nobodies? Then suddenly, just for bbs, there's the unversed. Then, suddenly in 3d, they start talking about time travel? For some parts, I agree. Except for CoM, all ur really doing is pressing x. If KH gets better gameplay, then I think it'll be worth trying

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Well, I can't say I agree with this editorial on the whole, but after some of the downright embarrassing developments of KH3D, I'm inclined to see the reason behind the widely held opinion that KH's story has gone to the gutters. As far as I'm concerned, its only remaining potential at this point rests in its execution of various characters' roles: I happen to be a Roxas, Xion and DAYS fan who has been excited at seeing that story thread expanded; and one thing DDD got totally right was its utilization of Riku, which was ironically the aspect of the game I was most apprehensive about seeing as I didn't really view him as a substantial character prior. But once Young Xehanort started explaining things about Sora's clothing design (really, Nomura?) I knew the plot was finally starved of innovation and momentum. It was only a matter of time given how many stalling tactics have been enforced in order to make up for the great time void that is Versus but Square, Nomura, et al have truly run the story aspects of the games into the ground. All I want from KH3 is to see a resolution for these characters that's meaningful and heartfelt.

One thing that does bother me, though, is the constant bickering over repetition of Disney Worlds, which is almost always (as here) coupled with a desire to see the Worlds have cohesion with and relevance to the overarching plot line. You can't have it both ways. A large part of the meaningfulness of the Disney Worlds, on the whole, is the connections that the main characters have with the Disney characters, especially as this applies to Sora. Thus, having the Worlds reappear is one of the most reliable manners in which to make them relevant to the main plot; characters such as Peter Pan and Hercules (and their respective Worlds) are important to Sora and should, by extension, be important to the player because there's an existing relationship to everything that has happened and is happening (that is, when Nomura isn't shooting himself in the foot with memory resets and the like). Having new Worlds is great, yes, but it's not always effective as far as the internal mythos of the game is concerned. With DDD it worked in large part because, to be honest, DDD is just a lot of fun-to-play filler given weight by deus ex machina plot contrivances and hamfisted retconning (and anyone who knows my former opinion on this matter knows just how I am eating my own words right now); but even that game relies on recurring characters like Pinocchio and Tron in order to bring the game full circle as part of the larger chronicle that is Sora's journey.

Basically, I agree with many others in that I think it would be great if KH could return to being a freewheeling adventure about a Keyblade wielder traveling through various Disney worlds on a Gummi Ship and locking/unlocking doors while battling classic Disney villains. I don't mind a wider mythology to that (much like The Legend of Zelda or Doctor Who has), but it definitely didn't need something like the Xehanort plot/character to make it enjoyable, and I would argue it's more of a detractor at this point. I mean, you can condense everything of substance that's happened over the past five (FIVE!) games (maybe excluding Birth By Sleep) into one or two installments; and if you left out some of the time travel and Attack of the Clones nonsense, you would probably have a superior tale to boot. Personally, I think that's precisely what the next HD collection should do.

I don't mean to say that I hate the games or that I don't think they're fun. I still think they're a step above most other ongoing video game series and, as I said above, I'll play whatever arrives in the interim before KH3 just out of interest in the characters (probably). Truthfully, I'm likely being overcritical in hindsight and letting some of the small, awfully executed elements overshadow some of the great things the games (yes, all of them) have accomplished, so I'm willing to own that. I'll continue to support the series and love what I love about each game, because there's so much there to enjoy; and the things I don't, I'll accept with a sigh (and a rant on the Internet) and move on.

Hedgehogs Boost

Hilariously enough, young Xehanort has become one of my favorite Villains in the series even though his role in the mythos is a mess. :p

Also i wouldnt be upset about a few worlds returning. Theres one more aladdin movie not used,Tron doesnt seem done and Port royal and Halloween Town I just want to see return. lol

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Okay the worlds issue for me it's about how much potential these worlds have. Looking back at KH1 Aladdin's World and compare it to KH2 it's terrible because at least with KH1 like people have mentioned there was exploration to the game although little.

In Kh2 I thought they would expand on that, but it seems like they say fuck it.

Hedgehogs Boost

Okay the worlds issue for me it's about how much potential these worlds have. Looking back at KH1 Aladdin's World and compare it to KH2 it's terrible because at least with KH1 like people have mentioned there was exploration to the game although little.

In Kh2 I thought they would expand on that, but it seems like they say diddly it.
Eh, to me Agrabah didn't feel as Boring compared to 1. 2's had a large city to look at. 1's just felt to me a little bland. Anyway I still would like to know how they would handel King of thieves if they used agrabah one more time.

Sorarocks93

Awards

so basically I'm the only person here who plays the series for the original characters/plot/whatever and doesn't really care about the Disney stuff

Hey, I'm with you here. Honestly if they made a Disney character the protaginst of this game I wouldn't be here now. I probably wouldn't have touched the games. I played KH because of my love for Final Fantasy games.

And now KH is my most favorite franchise I have played and will remain so. Yes sure Donald and Goofy are cool but they are just for sidekicks. I'm happy Nomura has decided that this will be always Sora's story.

Anyway, I liked KH1 the most because it was darker than KH2. Although that doesn't mean I don't like the franchise anymore.

Everytime there is a new trailer I get chills when I see it. Not to mention that I have watched all the non-console game opn youtube because I just can't wait to see the story. TBH I think the story has gotten way better. KH had a simple story, but everything after KH2 changed and became more epic.

I'm surprised to see so many people here dislike the newer games.

I believe Kingdom Hearts 3 will be like a crossroads. Many people will have to choose between 2 paths. Whether they leave the series or continue even further and stay for the next saga.

I have already chosen my path.

MikhaliX

To be honest, I think the Disney stuff really ruins it for me because the worlds and character models are really sub-par. Donald and goofy are so bland that they could be easily replaced by any character. *possible spoilers* And they will. They're gonna' trade Goofy and Donald for Riku and Kairi because they can weild keyblades now. *end of spoilers*

I would have liked to see more of Olette, Heiner, and Pence because they're original characters and I cared for them more than I ever had for Goofy and Donald. They could have been more than just Roxas' imaginary friends.

The plot is pretty weak for a Square title. If I could give the plot a face, it's like Star Wars that made love to Harry Potter series. Why? Keyblades=Lightsabers, Dark vs. Light, Orgasm XIII=Horcruxes. I would't say they ripped off of it or something but you can easily draw parallels between them.

The problem for me is that, the plot is so short. And when I mean short, I mean, if you only count the important parts. The story is actually pretty short. They could have easily stuffed two or three plots of the different games into one game. Days could have easily been put in KH2 or Re:Chain of Memories. Because as far as I have noticed, the only parts that matter in the games are the Beginning and the End. Get off Island/Town, visit didney worls and then go into dark world. Next game.

And whats worse, they stretched out and spread the plot in different consoles. Oh my god. All my money. I bought a PS3 thinking that they'd make a PS3 release because KH 1 re:Chain, and 2 were on the PS2 BUT BOY WAS I WRONG. PS3's almost at the end of its life cycle and all I'm getting is that HD 1.5 which I am unfortunately going to buy because I still do love this series despite all the sins its committed against me.

Here is the summary of my general impression of the individual games in the series:

Kingdom Hearts- awesome game, horrible red shorts. I loved this game because it had so many secrets and so many things to do. There were trinities, dalmatians, secret bosses in different worlds. I would go so far as to say that this game was the best thought out among the series.

Chain of Memories- The plot was a STUPID LIE. "Lose something to gain something?" That's bullshit, they were just gonna' turn Sora into a vegetable and reboot him with Windows XIII. I loved Riku's story though and how he stopped being a cast member from the exorcist and he also wasn't whiny and annoying in that release was also nice. Also, I hate using cards for doors because there was one time I was stuck looking for a card with value of 3. It took me two hours to find it and progress.

Kingdom Hearts II-Thank god they changed his costume but I wish Kairi stayed in her uniform. In fact, Kairi's design was way better in the first game. Combat was fast but was too easy (except for Sephiroth). Last Boss battle was truly epic. The dragon, fly buildings, and the Advent Children-esque duel with Xemnas made me ROCK HARD. The only problem was that there weren't that as many secrets or secret bosses hidden in the game. NAMINE>KAIRI because she just can't pull off that Salmon one piece.

358/2 Days-Roxas writing in his diary for over almost a year. Only notable thing was that Xion was cute (because I hate Kairi's KH2 model) but they took that from me too because they turned her into a man then into a robot. Guh. Battle was really boring. The only good thing about this game was that there was multiplayer competitive coop.

Coded- Didn't bother but I watched it on youtube. The game just tells you to play Birth By Sleep.

Birth By Sleep-Really fun for a while. I like how there's a versus mode and it gave the plot a little more substance. Still not that many secrets other than Command Combinations and two secret bosses that are BRUTALLY DIFFICULT. I never got to defeat the mysterious figure skater. The game felt too short as well. I mean, I beat the game at level 35 in proud mode. *shrugs* The plot was like Star Wars too because you start out in a Jedi Academy and Xehanort is about the same physical and evil build as Palpatine. Aqua is also my true love.

3D-I like this about as much as I like Kingdom Hearts II. The levels were amazing. It felt like playing Megaman Legends with MegaMan X jumps. The plot wasn't so bad either. Xehanort also pulled a Voldemort except a little more evil because he likes to put his soul inside living people instead. They also gave Orgasm XIII more importance because they didn't just stand around and wish they had feelings. My only gripes with it was that why the hell did they give Ultima Weapon after the secret boss? I mean, after you beat the secret boss, there's really nothing left to hit your keyblade with so why set up Ultima Weapon as the prize? The secret boss wasn't so hard either because of one word: BALOONGA.BALOONGA.BALOONGA.BALOONGA.BALOONGA.BALOONGA.BALOONGA. In fact, you can just about kill all the bosses with that one command if you just load an entire deck with it and one curaga.

Overall, I love the series but why the fuck did it take 11 years to get to this point? I was the same age as Sora when the game came out for the love of fuck and now I'm 23.

Nomura, if you can hear me through KHInsider, please release FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII and KINGDOM HEARTS III on the PS3. THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT THE DAMN THING.

stardustfire

I'm sorry but i disagree with this entire thing i think the story is perfect in every possible way and i love how many twist and turns there are and i also love complex stories like that it just makes it more interesting after you are done playing the main story. But the ONLY THING that i dislike about kingdom hearts is the constant grunting wile in battle... I'm sorry Sora but you don't need to grunt with every step you take haha And i guess i also agree with the fact that re-coded shouldn't have been a game but every series has its flaws and they would never learn if it was to perfect.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Eh, to me Agrabah didn't feel as Boring compared to 1. 2's had a large city to look at. 1's just felt to me a little bland. Anyway I still would like to know how they would handel King of thieves if they used agrabah one more time.

So you rather look at a city that has no exploration vs. one that did? Don't try to sit here and tell me that KH2 Argabah had exploration cause it didn't in fact none of the game did. That's why it was criticize the hell and back as being a straight line.

Also judging from recent entries into the game Argabah would have been as bad as KH2 version with King of Thieves and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back