• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hopes for 2.5 HD

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
They added in some load times to the first game's cutscenes, so you shouldn't have to worry about BBS being too long or too short.

They inserted load times into KH1? Do you remember any specific instances this happened?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
My only real hopes were for new Namine, Kairi, and Riku models because Kairi's and Namine's bodies was disproportionate and Riku's face was disproportionate. But if Re:MIX I.5 is any indication we're not getting any.

*creys*

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Disproportionate, how?

Seriously never once noticed.

They added in some load times to the first game's cutscenes, so you shouldn't have to worry about BBS being too long or too short.
Funny thing is is that I feel those load times were perfect already. Just long enough to prepare me for a cutscene.

Guro540

Online Mirage Arena, switchable color pallets (I prefer my Unversed to be blue), new area in the game where you can take on old boss fights that have upgraded stats (like a tournament version of DDD's secret portals), and capes.

Ruran

Awards
Disproportionate, how?

Seriously never once noticed.

Funny thing is is that I feel those load times were perfect already. Just long enough to prepare me for a cutscene.

Namin%C3%A9_fade.jpg

SoraTheyNeedMe610.jpg

SPINES DON'T WORK THIS WWWAAAAAAAYYY! Q_Q

The crook of Kairi's (and Namine's) back is all the way up on their rib cages. While "Canyon Back" is supposed to be seen as attractive on women, and while some women are like that, Kairi's and Namine's are insanely deep. For all intensive purposes they shouldn't be able to breath. Hmm...maybe that's really why Kairi was panting after fighting off those Heartless, she wasn't exhausted, it was just the scoliosis catching up to her.

For some reason I couldn't find a profile picture of Namine but they use the same model. This is something that's always bothered me about their models and I'm hoping they'll fix it in KH3 (since 2.5 probably won't give us new models. There's bull shots and new renders to look forward to at least).

Riku's face being "disproportionate" was more hyperbole on my part but nonetheless, KH2 Riku's face could use some tweaking.

How can you miss those giant feet? Also, dem eggheads.

This as well to an extent but I can brush off the big heads as classic animu style and the "feet" not really being big, but the shoes. For the most part. Namine has rabbit feet but her's are the only ones we've been able to see "bare" more or less. It's a stylistic choice though.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
How can you miss those giant feet? Also, dem eggheads.
Yeah, but that is classic cartoon proportions. where is that inconsistent? I feel like I'm missing something.

SPINES DON'T WORK THIS WWWAAAAAAAYYY! Q_Q

The crook of Kairi's (and Namine's) back is all the way up on their rib cages. While "Canyon Back" is supposed to be seen as attractive on women, and while some women are like that, Kairi's and Namine's are insanely deep. For all intensive purposes they shouldn't be able to breath. Hmm...maybe that's really why Kairi was panting after fighting off those Heartless, she wasn't exhausted, it was just the scoliosis catching up to her.

For some reason I couldn't find a profile picture of Namine but they use the same model. This is something that's always bothered me about their models and I'm hoping they'll fix it in KH3 (since 2.5 probably won't give us new models. There's bull shots and new renders to look forward to at least).

Riku's face being "disproportionate" was more hyperbole on my part but nonetheless, KH2 Riku's face could use some tweaking.

This as well to an extent but I can brush off the big heads as classic animu style and the "feet" not really being big, but the shoes. For the most part. Namine has rabbit feet but her's are the only ones we've been able to see "bare" more or less. It's a stylistic choice though.
Oh man. ok gotcha.

I thought you were talking about some sort of inconsistency before. I can see now what you meant. Even in a cartoonish game, a human has to look like they can you know, breathe. I honestly never noticed before. Too in the moment. At the very least, they're still alike.

And I really couldn't see much under Riku's hair. Lol Didn't they have to make his eyes bigger to accommodate?

Also, I'm gonna go Grammar Nazi on your ass for a moment, and say that it's a common mistake to use the phrase "intensive purposes". It's actually "Intents and purposes". I'm guilty of that too, so don't take it too seriously.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They inserted load times into KH1? Do you remember any specific instances this happened?
Um, moving between rooms, loading cutscenes etc.
I think all they did is add a spinning blue heart, and maybe an extra second or two of load times.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, but that is classic cartoon proportions. where is that inconsistent? I feel like I'm missing something.

I was actually more or less joking, but cartoon or not it's disproportionate. Like anything else super-deformed, it's labeled as such for a reason, even if it looks cute. The shoes hide the actual feet, but honestly, since everyone grows into more normal looking beings (sans Rurans example a la Kairi KH2), I just took it as them maturing into adults, like kids who grow into their giant ears, teeth, etc.

It never bothered me, but those watermelon heads were hard to miss lol

Ruran

Awards

Oh man. ok gotcha.

I thought you were talking about some sort of inconsistency before. I can see now what you meant. Even in a cartoonish game, a human has to look like they can you know, breathe. I honestly never noticed before. Too in the moment. At the very least, they're still alike.

And I really couldn't see much under Riku's hair. Lol Didn't they have to make his eyes bigger to accommodate?

Also, I'm gonna go Grammar Nazi on your ass for a moment, and say that it's a common mistake to use the phrase "intensive purposes". It's actually "Intents and purposes". I'm guilty of that too, so don't take it too seriously.

Inconsistency between Kairi and Namine?

I don't remember if they made his eyes bigger in KH2, I think it was in 3D they had to make his head smaller?

How embarrassing~(Intents and purposes)
That's duly noted.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Inconsistency between Kairi and Namine?

I don't remember if they made his eyes bigger in KH2, I think it was in 3D they had to make his head smaller?

How embarrassing~(Intents and purposes)
That's duly noted.

In 3D they did make his head smaller, but I can't see how they could've used his KH2 design-in KH2, no less-without compensating for that hair.

I was actually more or less joking, but cartoon or not it's disproportionate. Like anything else super-deformed, it's labeled as such for a reason, even if it looks cute. The shoes hide the actual feet, but honestly, since everyone grows into more normal looking beings (sans Rurans example a la Kairi KH2), I just took it as them maturing into adults, like kids who grow into their giant ears, teeth, etc.

It never bothered me, but those watermelon heads were hard to miss lol
Ok yeah. Without an audible tone of voice, it's easy to mistake a joke for a serious statement.

No need to be embarrassed. Like I said it's an incredibly common mistake. The reasons I'll link here
Onswipe

Last edited:

revanvssora

I hope they fix the weird mechanic in II, where you can only beat a boss by finishing a combo on them. It can be quite annoying to try to do that, especially in a Cup where there are multiple bosses on screen.

AlbertJ

Awards
I hope that BbS is balanced a bit more. I know commands like Mega Flare were nerfed for the western release but it was still very overpowered. That along with using Thunder Surge made the game way too easy, especially since you could get it fairly early in the game. I think they could even balance out the commands a bit more by making regular attacks with the keyblade stronger since they did very little damage compared to the commands. Another thing I would like to see, although I doubt this one will happen, is for the passive abilities to be gained through leveling up instead of being the byproduct of a command meld. Leveling up felt a lot less special in BbS compared to KH and KH2 because of this.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So...sorry if this has already been mentioned to death, but if Re:Coded is just cutscenes, I wouldn't mind if you could got rewards for watching them all (like how they give you cards in CoM, if you watch all the Days ones). Commands, for instance, would be a truly awesome award, I think. Especially since Re:Coded and BbS had the same style gameplay:) I would love it if Exo Spark (a command I always loved in Coded) became accessible in BbS, but these are just my two cents. :p You don't have to agree with me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
After replaying BBS right after DDD and re-experiencing BBS's lack of a 'skip healing commands' feature I can say now my biggest hope is they add this to bbs. Dx

Squabble

I hope they fix the weird mechanic in II, where you can only beat a boss by finishing a combo on them. It can be quite annoying to try to do that, especially in a Cup where there are multiple bosses on screen.

Agreed, I always found that annoying.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
After replaying BBS right after DDD and re-experiencing BBS's lack of a 'skip healing commands' feature I can say now my biggest hope is they add this to bbs. Dx

D:

DDD definitely spoils one in some aspects.

I uniformly staggered my Surges and healing commands when fighting Mysterious Figure. There were so... so many times I wish I could have had the chance to do damage when the small window of opportunity came up but dared not scroll past Curaga lest my sweaty thumb slip right past the command I needed.

Gram

Banned
Awards
D:

DDD definitely spoils one in some aspects.

I uniformly staggered my Surges and healing commands when fighting Mysterious Figure. There were so... so many times I wish I could have had the chance to do damage when the small window of opportunity came up but dared not scroll past Curaga lest my sweaty thumb slip right past the command I needed.

lol I know the feeling, I dont think I ever got the chance to use anything other than cures.

Agreed, I always found that annoying.

Seconded, I hated how you need to use a combo finisher or magic to finish off a boss. Especially when most was immune to magic.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Yeah, having the "explosion" combo finisher helped a lot for me, but it was still annoying.

As for me...? Hmmm. While riding the Heartless with the detatchable head at Pride Rock, I'd like the stomping shockwaves to not hurt my pals. It might've been a glitch for me, but still. It made me feel terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back