• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

High School - 1957 vs. 2010

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b
Obtained from: http://www.larrysfunnybone.com/2010/...-1957-vs-2010/

Because it is educational, and intorasting.

Scenario 1:
Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck’s gun rack.
1957 – Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack’s shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2010 – School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1957 – Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2010 – Police called and SWAT team arrives — they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it

Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
1957 – Jeffrey sent to the Principal’s office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2010 – Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor’s car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 – Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
2010 – Billy’s dad is arrested for child abuse Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy’s sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy’s mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school..
1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock
2010 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
Pedro fails high school English.
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
2010 - Pedro’s cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro’s English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2010 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents — and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny’s dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should hit every email inbox to show how stupid we have become!

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All except scenario 7 are true.

The kid would get arrested for having firecrackers in the first place since in some states it is against the law to have them, even during 4th of July.

Awards
Johnny is a pretty big wimp, crying in high school over a scrapped knee... Scenario 2 happened a lot at my middle school, and a few times in my high school. Never was THAT big a deal.

Anyway, it's pretty spot on.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Hehe. You should see NZ.

Scenario 1:
Jimmy enters a convenience store holding a machete demanding money or he will start slashing. Curtis, the shop owner picks up a hockey stick from behind the counter and begins to beat jimmy back, until he leaves the store.
1957: Curtis is in the local paper as a brave defender of his property, risking his life to stop a frequently occuring crime.
2010: Straight to jail for assault. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
Leaving Curtis' wife to protect the store as he is unable to, while the angry jimmy is still on the loose.

Xorne

All except scenario 7 are true.

The kid would get arrested for having firecrackers in the first place since in some states it is against the law to have them, even during 4th of July.
Thanks for bringing up this point. I'm relocating in a few weeks to a new state and just found out fireworks are legal there 'cause of you. :D

All scenarios seem to be a bit on the extreme end, but I can see the points being made (by most of them). Also, I always make friends by fighting them first. How else are you going to know who'll have your back and be useful otherwise? ;)

Awards
My dad used to carry a gun in his car at all times when he was in high school, and nobody ever thought twice about it. The principle even found out about it and let him keep it.

Pura

Haha, none of them are true here. (If you have Aspirin you are searched for drugs? What? I get constant headaches and always have painkiller on me - my school doesn't give it to you, but you're allowed to bring your own).

And no one here has guns. (Well, they do, but I think it's a lot harder to get a gun here than in America, so it's not a common thing to have unless you live on a farm or have hunting as a hobby).

But it sounds like stuff that people these days would over-react to :/

Xorne

Haha, none of them are true here. (If you have Aspirin you are searched for drugs? What? I get constant headaches and always have painkiller on me - my school doesn't give it to you, but you're allowed to bring your own).

I remember back in 2003 or 2004 my high school mentioned we weren't supposed to have aspirin on us... but that didn't stop most of us nor did anyone search us if they saw us take aspirin. I think my college may have had some comment about it but, again, it's aspirin...

I am sure if you had a bunch of pills loose in a bag and it seemed suspicious . . . maybe then you'd be searched. I think that one was a bit of a stretch here.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I'd have to agree with this.

When I was in first grade, I was trying to teach my friend some karate moves. When he failed to block the punch I sent at him, he got hit in the nose and he started bleeding. Now, we were best friends. There was no animosity between us and even after I punched him, he just got a few napkins and it was all fine. But I got sent to the Principle's Office and was warned that if something like this occurred again, I would be expelled. They then called my mom and told her she might want to look into counseling.

I was in FIRST GRADE.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
probably because they thought you were sending a 'bad example' for the younger kids.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
i once redirected some guy's attack into his friend when he tried to rush punch me and i got suspended for 3 days. was all like "nigga what that was my charizard card"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back