• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Hey you guys....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
So it's pretty rare for me to post in this section of the forums cause i usually figure my stuff out by myself. I don't really like asking for help.

But anywhom,
I'm stuck in a situation where I REALLY don't know what to do or say. And I need your guys' suggestions cause i can't figure this out.

The thing is, I'm making a move to Utah this Apr 1st. I already bought the ticket, about to start packing, putting my 2 weeks notice at work. I'm taking care of it basically. That's not the problem however the thing is.

I don't know how to say goodbye to my best friend.
We've been best friends for almost 4 years. She has always been there for me, as so have i. We have such a close friendship it's hard to imagine life without each other. She really cares for me, and makes it to spend almost everyday with me. I love her as well. Like, nobody has ever been there for me like she has. We met when she was just a freshman in high school, we were in band class, played the same instrument (Clarinet), and have been talking since. And now, she's a senior in high school, ABOUT to graduate, WANTS me to be her prom date (and yes, she has a boyfriend but taking me instead). And we had all these plans for the summer, like go beach-hopping this summer (go to a different beach everyweek and stay there), I'm already in college, but this fall she wanted to attend the same classes as me, and we were gonna start college partying. Her 18th bday is gonna be this year, and she wanted me to take her to a strip club (lol), spend this christmas/ new years eve together. On sept 6th it'll be our 4th yr of being friends.

I mean, this isn't forever. I know we'll still keep in touch and i'll eventually come back to california since I got family here as well. But It's just physically I'm not going to be there with her. And I know she's not gonna take it easy. I'd rather not even tell her, but I know I have to. The thing is I don't know how to. I don't want to see her cry, It's gonna hurt and I'm gonna miss her so much. I want to be there when she walks the stage on graduation day, but i'm not. And that's gonna kill her, cause I'm the only one that's been with her since she started high school and wants me to watch her end it. And I'm really bummed I'm not gonna be there to see that.

If this trip were optional, I wouldn't do it.
I gotta do what I gotta do to make ends meet. I have a job offer from my uncle over there as a security for Salt Lake City Airport starting at 12$/ hr. While I'm here in CA, Working at a Jack in the Box for 8.15$ and only working 2 days out of the week. And I need them monies. That's NOT gonna cut it for me, and i go to school so there's gotta be one way or the other I have to pay it.

I mean, meanwhile over there I'm going to live with my aunt and uncle, the college is only 2 blocks away, and the airport a couple miles away. So pretty much I'm gonna be all set. I gotta start over. Cause Cali ain't doing it for me anymore, living is too expensive and its going to be VERY hard trying to find a job. So I technically have no choice. :/

I guess the question is, How would you say goodbye to your best friend?

me & yvette.
picture.php

.... yes i know.

- nelly <3

thnx for any help you guys.

D

Deleted member 74488

Well I moved schools and states before. Basically just tell her the truth, pour out your whole entire feelings. That was I have done. Though I admit I am no longer as close to those two friends as I once where, sometimes it just happens. But if your friendship is strong enough, it should last the distance.

Penance

Just tell her, do something really fun and then say your goodbyes. That's it. No easy way.

Fortissimo

Something like that happened to me. My best friend and I were really close and had been though a lot of crap together and he constantly tells me that I saved his life. Well, he got into some trouble and had to move out of state to live with his dad. I was heart broken, but he never said goodbye. At first I thought it was because he didn't care or was scared to, but now i know he didn't say good bye because it wasn't the end of our friendship. In fact, our friendship is stronger today than it was when he was here and i get to see him every now and then. So if you want your friendship to continue, you don't have to say goodbye. Just tell her that you're going to be farther away and just explain the situation. It will most likely upset her, but thats when the strength of friendship is tested. And it's not like you guys will never see or hear from each other again. And after the move, arrange days maybe once a month or something when you two can visit each other, or send boxes to each other. I hope this helps.

Oriax

Break it to her easily. Don't just come out and say it. I'm sure she will understand - you just have to tell her the truth, it will be difficult but it's better than lying to her and she is your best friend, hopefully she will understand.
I hope everything goes well for you. :)

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Something like that happened to me. My best friend and I were really close and had been though a lot of crap together and he constantly tells me that I saved his life. Well, he got into some trouble and had to move out of state to live with his dad. I was heart broken, but he never said goodbye. At first I thought it was because he didn't care or was scared to, but now i know he didn't say good bye because it wasn't the end of our friendship. In fact, our friendship is stronger today than it was when he was here and i get to see him every now and then. So if you want your friendship to continue, you don't have to say goodbye. Just tell her that you're going to be farther away and just explain the situation. It will most likely upset her, but thats when the strength of friendship is tested. And it's not like you guys will never see or hear from each other again. And after the move, arrange days maybe once a month or something when you two can visit each other, or send boxes to each other. I hope this helps.
OMG I LOVE THIS.

So I ended up telling her over the phone that i'm moving and why I'm moving.
I even redirected her to this link so she can read the thread herself.

Yeah, we talked about it... She was alittle upset, but I was crying even more than her lol.
But we were talking about our future. She's gonna get a webcam and we gonna be skyping each other when we can. text each other like we do every day and talk on the phone atleast once a week.

I'm gonna come back in June 26th to help my mom move out, so ima gonna stay here for a couple of days, of course i'm going to make time to see her. And then if I have enough money I'll come back for the week of her birthday (nov 20th) before I go to Seattle. And we agreed on spending the summer of 2011 together, she'll spend half the summer at my place in UT and I'll spend the last half of the summer in CA with her. And on our anniversary (9/06) she said: It's okay we're both going to be on skype webcam and sit infront of a cake and blow a candle lol.Meanwhile she's gonna be getting a job and hopefully by jan of 2012, we're going to be moving in together.

I know she's sad, but she tells me CHILL i'm worrying about nothing, of course me and her are still going to be the best friends for life. I was so relief she didn't take it horribly as i thought.

So I'm not going to say goodbye when I'm at the terminal of the airport.
It's just going to be a hug and a kiss saying, "I can't wait to see you, again."

Thnx again everybody for the suggestions and the support once again. :)

NumberVIII

I'm sorry, this has got to be hard for you. I'm glad everything worked out though.

My best friend in 6th and 7th grade moved to Missouri, and I knew she was moving but just didn't know when. So, I went on vacation with my family to Nova Scotia to visit other relatives there, and I bought her a souvenir, and when I came home, one of her other friends told me she was gone.

She just up and left. And she told her other friends, but not me. I was planning on throwing her a surprise going away party, or doing something really fun and special our last day together, but no. She just left and didn't even tell me. It was awful.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm sorry, this has got to be hard for you. I'm glad everything worked out though.

My best friend in 6th and 7th grade moved to Missouri, and I knew she was moving but just didn't know when. So, I went on vacation with my family to Nova Scotia to visit other relatives there, and I bought her a souvenir, and when I came home, one of her other friends told me she was gone.

She just up and left. And she told her other friends, but not me. I was planning on throwing her a surprise going away party, or doing something really fun and special our last day together, but no. She just left and didn't even tell me. It was awful.
Well that's ugly on her part. And I can imagine how tough it was for you. Sorry to hear that. But that's just middle school friends. Thought I had my suppose best friends back in middle school, but when i was a sophomore (when i met yvette) our first words of exchange. I already had a very positive feeling about her, and ironically i was listening to my iPod at the time with my left bud only on with the song playing, 'We're going to be friends" by the White Stripes lol.

So there can be friends for the moment, but you'll know when a true friend comes along :)

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Don't pull what my bestfriend did on me...
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD!"
"Hey thanks man, your spending the night right?"
"Yeah...but I'm leaving early tommorow morning."
"Oh? Why?"
"I'm moving...far away."
"Oh...Wow...Happy Birthday me."
=/

riley_anime

Don't pull what my bestfriend did on me...
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD!"
"Hey thanks man, your spending the night right?"
"Yeah...but I'm leaving early tommorow morning."
"Oh? Why?"
"I'm moving...far away."
"Oh...Wow...Happy Birthday me."
=/

wow that shit sucks :( at least you prolly get to party hard that night

J

J!GGLES

So it's pretty rare for me to post in this section of the forums cause i usually figure my stuff out by myself. I don't really like asking for help.

But anywhom,
I'm stuck in a situation where I REALLY don't know what to do or say. And I need your guys' suggestions cause i can't figure this out.

The thing is, I'm making a move to Utah this Apr 1st. I already bought the ticket, about to start packing, putting my 2 weeks notice at work. I'm taking care of it basically. That's not the problem however the thing is.

I don't know how to say goodbye to my best friend.
We've been best friends for almost 4 years. She has always been there for me, as so have i. We have such a close friendship it's hard to imagine life without each other. She really cares for me, and makes it to spend almost everyday with me. I love her as well. Like, nobody has ever been there for me like she has. We met when she was just a freshman in high school, we were in band class, played the same instrument (Clarinet), and have been talking since. And now, she's a senior in high school, ABOUT to graduate, WANTS me to be her prom date (and yes, she has a boyfriend but taking me instead). And we had all these plans for the summer, like go beach-hopping this summer (go to a different beach everyweek and stay there), I'm already in college, but this fall she wanted to attend the same classes as me, and we were gonna start college partying. Her 18th bday is gonna be this year, and she wanted me to take her to a strip club (lol), spend this christmas/ new years eve together. On sept 6th it'll be our 4th yr of being friends.

I mean, this isn't forever. I know we'll still keep in touch and i'll eventually come back to california since I got family here as well. But It's just physically I'm not going to be there with her. And I know she's not gonna take it easy. I'd rather not even tell her, but I know I have to. The thing is I don't know how to. I don't want to see her cry, It's gonna hurt and I'm gonna miss her so much. I want to be there when she walks the stage on graduation day, but i'm not. And that's gonna kill her, cause I'm the only one that's been with her since she started high school and wants me to watch her end it. And I'm really bummed I'm not gonna be there to see that.

If this trip were optional, I wouldn't do it.
I gotta do what I gotta do to make ends meet. I have a job offer from my uncle over there as a security for Salt Lake City Airport starting at 12$/ hr. While I'm here in CA, Working at a Jack in the Box for 8.15$ and only working 2 days out of the week. And I need them monies. That's NOT gonna cut it for me, and i go to school so there's gotta be one way or the other I have to pay it.

I mean, meanwhile over there I'm going to live with my aunt and uncle, the college is only 2 blocks away, and the airport a couple miles away. So pretty much I'm gonna be all set. I gotta start over. Cause Cali ain't doing it for me anymore, living is too expensive and its going to be VERY hard trying to find a job. So I technically have no choice. :/

I guess the question is, How would you say goodbye to your best friend?

me & yvette.
picture.php

.... yes i know.

- nelly <3

thnx for any help you guys.

This is adorable you guys! My best friend aka GiRLFRiEND pouring her heart out for me haha! She's scared me enough times with this HORRIBLE news but this time its going to be for reals :/ Well all i can say is i wish you the best with this time we will spend apart but i know in the end we will be reunited and all those plans we made about moving in together one day will come true :]

Don't worry babe we'll keep in touch like you said. I guess this is just part of growing up. People will come and go out of my life but in the end i know your the one that will always stick with me forever.

im gonna miss you hoe. love ya! xoxoxo
as for now lets enjoy our last days togther.

- your best friend forever

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
This is adorable you guys! My best friend aka GiRLFRiEND pouring her heart out for me haha! She's scared me enough times with this HORRIBLE news but this time its going to be for reals :/ Well all i can say is i wish you the best with this time we will spend apart but i know in the end we will be reunited and all those plans we made about moving in together one day will come true :]

Don't worry babe we'll keep in touch like you said. I guess this is just part of growing up. People will come and go out of my life but in the end i know your the one that will always stick with me forever.

im gonna miss you hoe. love ya! xoxoxo
as for now lets enjoy our last days togther.

- your best friend forever
Always.

No post has ever made me cry until now.

:)

love ya too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back