• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Health thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
So we're not all certified doctors here but I figured, we could give each a little bit of advice here and there regarding health issues.
I don't want this thread to become just about me, so post away for those needing a little help with issues here and there. Be creative! (but don't fake your illness) remember, were just here to help each other out) health is a sensitive subject, so please be corteous and respectful.

I'll go first:

KHI,
I'm not the one to complain about anything but something is really bothering me. Recently I've embarked a journey of wanting to loose weight. Now I don't want to say "I can't" because I know it's possible. It just seems.... Difficult right now.

Every time after I finish working out, I get massive hungry and I don't even know why. I try to follow a healthy diet but sometimes I just end up pigging out on junk food after a good workout. And I know, for a fact, I will never lose a pound living this way.

Anybody have any advice on how to stop this awful habit?
- If it helps my workouts consist of a 45 min jog in the grueling heat and some muscle toning here and there.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Every time after I finish working out, I get massive hungry and I don't even know why. I try to follow a healthy diet but sometimes I just end up pigging out on junk food after a good workout. And I know, for a fact, I will never lose a pound living this way.

It's because of how much carbs your burning, it's natural to be hungry afterwards. You'll lose weight, but I suggest getting a hundred calorie snacks, to snack on or some gum to chew. It will help take some of the hunger pangs away.

JustSnilloc

Weight loss (put simply) is a calorie and nutrition game. The rules are you have to keep getting the nutrition you need and end the day with a bare minimum of 1100 calories.

Now personally I've researched, put into practice, and learned what works... Everyone's different though, so -insert obligatory results may vary here-

First thing's first, calorie consumption and burning calories. Your body needs 1100 calories a day, no exceptions, this means after all the calories you consume during the day and all the calories you've burned you'll end up with at least 1100 calories

Second, eat nutritious food. This includes your body's daily needs for things like fats, carbs, sugars, proteins, etc... Just don't over do it, but definitely don't under do it (-One time I was trying a "no fat" diet and it worked terribly, as soon as I added fats to my diet I was losing weight again, if that tells you anything about it's impact)

Third, eat foods that will keep you full- This is probably the biggest one for those of us who tend to stay hungry. A great breakfast food I've found is Mini Wheats (frosted or unfrosted), they taste great, they're great for you, and they keep you full... Fiber bars are helpful too

Other advice would just be to eat a good sized breakfast, that'll help keep you more full throughout the day and thereby less hungry. Also make sure you don't over do your workouts.

That's all I can think of atm

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Yeah, chewing gum works wonders when you're trying to avoid over eating or needless snacking on junk food. I've lost about 20lbs the last two months, feels good, good luck.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
You will naturally have a bigger appetite the more active you are, because your metabolism is getting more active and requires more fuel. Dieting isn't always about eating less, it's about what you eat and the frequency of what you eat. You will not get fat off a diet of fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, if you're active, no matter how much you try. Stop binge-eating junkfood; it's an awful habit that too many American families have been complacent with.

If you're a typical American (who eats an alarming amount of refined carbs and sugars), follow these principles and pounds will come off by themselves. This video will change your life

And it references at one point, this diet (which according to these doctors, will reverse type 2 diabetes in a week because it restores insulin balance):
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
In addition to what everyone else said, I believe protein is a really good thing to focus on, as it definitely helps fill you up and keep you full. Personally, when I cut out pretty much all the junk food and soda, really fixed up my diet, and drank lots of water everyday, it got a bit easier to keep out the junk food. When I kept it all up for about a month, I started to really want a soda again. When I did drink it though, it made me feel a bit sick. So it does get easier with effort you put in.

I actually need to get back into my diet and exercise routine. I've been wanting to put on a little bit of weight so I don't look as slim. Anyways, good luck to you~

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
In addition to what everyone else said, I believe protein is a really good thing to focus on, as it definitely helps fill you up and keep you full. Personally, when I cut out pretty much all the junk food and soda, really fixed up my diet, and drank lots of water everyday, it got a bit easier to keep out the junk food. When I kept it all up for about a month, I started to really want a soda again. When I did drink it though, it made me feel a bit sick. So it does get easier with effort you put in.

I actually need to get back into my diet and exercise routine. I've been wanting to put on a little bit of weight so I don't look as slim. Anyways, good luck to you~

Well protein's good but you gotta use it. If you don't use it your body just passes it out in urine.

also i do not belueve 100% of what dogen said, there are some dudes i work out with that all they eat is junk foods, and they were not jacked to begin with too but they are now, i think it also depends on genetics

I didn't say that you can't get jacked eating junk food. Your results will just be slower and not as impressive as those on a proper diet. Regardless, depending on the junk food, it's simply not good for you, so I don't see what you're disagreeing with, honestly. And once you reach middle age, most bodies probably won't be able to impressively strength train under simply a junk food diet. Most of strength training comes outside the weight room after the lifting....with diet and proper rest.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
It's because of how much carbs your burning, it's natural to be hungry afterwards. You'll lose weight, but I suggest getting a hundred calorie snacks, to snack on or some gum to chew. It will help take some of the hunger pangs away.
I'll keep that in mind, I mean - I tend to think I'm already in a healthy diet (which I am, I eat lots of Salads/fruits, nuts and grilled chicken.
I drink atleast 10 glasses of water per day. But I'll definitely take the gum thing into consideration. Plus when your mouth is minty, and when you try to eat other foods. It makes them taste a little bit tasteless lol.

Weight loss (put simply) is a calorie and nutrition game. The rules are you have to keep getting the nutrition you need and end the day with a bare minimum of 1100 calories.

Now personally I've researched, put into practice, and learned what works... Everyone's different though, so -insert obligatory results may vary here-

First thing's first, calorie consumption and burning calories. Your body needs 1100 calories a day, no exceptions, this means after all the calories you consume during the day and all the calories you've burned you'll end up with at least 1100 calories

Second, eat nutritious food. This includes your body's daily needs for things like fats, carbs, sugars, proteins, etc... Just don't over do it, but definitely don't under do it (-One time I was trying a "no fat" diet and it worked terribly, as soon as I added fats to my diet I was losing weight again, if that tells you anything about it's impact)

Third, eat foods that will keep you full- This is probably the biggest one for those of us who tend to stay hungry. A great breakfast food I've found is Mini Wheats (frosted or unfrosted), they taste great, they're great for you, and they keep you full... Fiber bars are helpful too

Other advice would just be to eat a good sized breakfast, that'll help keep you more full throughout the day and thereby less hungry. Also make sure you don't over do your workouts.

That's all I can think of atm
I love fiber bars! I always keep a stock in my pantry, I feel a little bit more full when I eat those.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but as you said in order for a good results one must eat a healthy breakfast.
My schedule is, I work by night from 0830 pm until 7am, I sleep from 08am till 0200 pm, after 2pm I eat my lunch (which is usually something light), at 6pm I'll eat dinner (whatever my aunt cooks for the day) it can very but I always try to keep it at a decent size proportion.) at 7pm is when I'll go workout, come back, take shower and stuff- I start working at 0830pm and I'm usually 'okay' the first 2 days of my workweek. But after that I feel like I start losing it, I'll follow the regime as I explained in the top, but on the 3rd day, I start getting cravings and such, and I usually follow up with Coffee (which let's face it, I add SUGAR into it and toast) multiple times for the night until my shift is over.

Ever since I started working graveyards I've found it really difficult to work out a 'normal' eating schedule. So breakfast varies, I can't even remember the last time I've had something decent when I woke up.

Of course, I try not to overdo my workouts. I don't have a gym access right now, so mother nature will do. To top it off, the average weather here during summer is 85F+ So that's a no brainer, don't want to pass out of over and heat exhaustion

You will naturally have a bigger appetite the more active you are, because your metabolism is getting more active and requires more fuel. Dieting isn't always about eating less, it's about what you eat and the frequency of what you eat. You will not get fat off a diet of fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, if you're active, no matter how much you try. Stop binge-eating junkfood; it's an awful habit that too many American families have been complacent with.

If you're a typical American (who eats an alarming amount of refined carbs and sugars), follow these principles and pounds will come off by themselves. This video will change your life

And it references at one point, this diet (which according to these doctors, will reverse type 2 diabetes in a week because it restores insulin balance):
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I'm watching this video and I am keeping some things in mind. My family yes, we do carry junk food around. And every time I'm here, I always find it hard to lose weight. I've never had this problem. ever. before. in my life, So it's getting kind of tacky.

As mentioned before, I'm basically screwed on the Paleolithic lifestyle, I sleep during the daytime. So that's what probably alters my effects on binge eating after a workout.

Bukkake Sensei said:
Less cardio and more weight training.
Well doesn't cardio but fat more easily?

also i do not belueve 100% of what dogen said, there are some dudes i work out with that all they eat is junk foods, and they were not jacked to begin with too but they are now, i think it also depends on genetics
Ahhh, when I was from ages 17-19 I literally lived in a gym. I did ALOT of Cardio, work out up to two hrs per day and switched on muscle toning. Man, I was in shape! My diet consisted of protein shakes and salads. And I really did lose alot of weight then.

However now, I'm nearly 21 - my body has changed alot and my body just doesn't have the same capability anymore. I'd like to get it back to that though lol.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Looking at the first post, it made me think about how I've been wanting to lose weight myself. I don't really eat much, sometimes I only eat once a day. But the things that I eat are loaded with calories so I know that I get the suggested 2000 or so a day. My issue lies in the fact that I lose interest in working out. The act itself isn't too much of a problem for me, sit-ups I can do easily while push-ups I do have problems with. I just lose interest.

JustSnilloc

Looking at the first post, it made me think about how I've been wanting to lose weight myself. I don't really eat much, sometimes I only eat once a day. But the things that I eat are loaded with calories so I know that I get the suggested 2000 or so a day. My issue lies in the fact that I lose interest in working out. The act itself isn't too much of a problem for me, sit-ups I can do easily while push-ups I do have problems with. I just lose interest.

There isn't a "need" to work out if you want to lose weight, it's recommended though

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
There isn't a "need" to work out if you want to lose weight, it's recommended though
Differ. How are you gonna burn calories while sitting on your butt?
Unless if you're just not gonna eat which I can't do. I'd love to lose weight without working out, but I know that's never gonna happen.

Lol you don't have to be awake during the day to take principles from the paleolithic diet though xD
WELL...... maybe I'm just making up excuses and need to gain my self-control once again D:

Running with your iPod on Blast while listening to the latest Dance Music totally gives me motivation.
Find your source to motivated you to work out. I know that's what I need in order to keep me going. I love running, nothing feels better to me than my heart pounding and sweat beads dropping down my face. In all honestly I am NOT in shape right now, but I'm trying to. I've gotten a bit lazy the past couple months and my body just can't take it anymore. If I don't work out and eat crap food. I'll start feeling like crap. My circulation gets pretty bad (my feet gets swollen) not terribly bad, but they start hurting if I don't follow one or the other or both. And I HATE the feeling of being bloated.

So all in all, find your motivation - and break up your meals. Explore healthier options/snacks. (love love love celery with light ranch or peanut butter).

Hope this helps.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'm young and have a high metabolism. I eat when I want and how much.

Last edited:

JustSnilloc

Differ. How are you gonna burn calories while sitting on your butt?
Unless if you're just not gonna eat which I can't do. I'd love to lose weight without working out, but I know that's never gonna happen.

If you know how many calories a day you burn naturally (that is without extra effort, what your metabolism takes care of and what not) then you could build a weight loss plan around that... We actually burn more calories naturally than we give ourselves credit for most of the time (of course you always have people that do the opposite too)

What I really mean is: it's perfectly viable to lose weight this way, however it too has it's downsides (one being what a lack of exercise gets you: out of shape). All in all, trying to lose weight with diet and exercise is the healthier option by far

Trag

Bronze Member
I haven't touched any shitty foods in over 8 months, same with sodas. I have a mountain dew on rare DnD sessions but for the most part, I've never been healthier. Working out is tons of fun, and the results are bitchin'. This is a good thread, healthy lifestyles are the best lifestyles.

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
Fun Fact: Losing weight by means of starving yourself is actually very counterproductive.

Sure, you’ll lose fat if you eat very little or stop eating altogether in the short run, but in effect what you’re doing is lowering your metabolic rate i.e. slowing down your calorie burning machine, and cannibalizing your own muscle tissue, meaning you’ll be less efficient in burning said calories. Why is your body doing this?

Because your body doesn’t realize that you’re dieting to shed a few pounds; it can’t tell the difference between starving to death and a self-imposed crash diet. Your body does the above as a means to conserve energy.

So the next time you eat, don't be surprised if you gain weight much, much faster, not to mention it'll be much harder to lose it. :)

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I can't gain weight to save my life D:

I've been 185 since my junior year in high school and I have to gain ten pounds by the Fall. Definitely impossible.

JustSnilloc

I can't gain weight to save my life D:

I've been 185 since my junior year in high school and I have to gain ten pounds by the Fall. Definitely impossible.

You sound rather musclebound... o_O How tall are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back