• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Having tried BBS for a while all I have to say is..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I don't think I can play this anymore. :<

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun as hell and the graphics are amazing for the PSP. It seems to be a huge and expansive game. It's better than....the other KH games o_o

That's the problem though, it's too big for the PSP. It feels like a console game shrunken to a handheld. The issue with that, though, is for spending time with like a 30-hour PSP game, I've found my big hands to be really uncomfortable with the PSP for long periods of time. I never appreciated the DS until now, but the PSP's wide, fat, oddly shaped design with the power switch oh-so-dangerously close to the fingers clutching onto the system in hopes it doesn't slide out of your hands, makes it difficult for me to get comfortable with.

Anyone else get really annoyed with the PSP?

For a moment I wish I had a PSP 3000 so I could plug in a dualshock, plug the PSP into my TV, and pretend it's a PS2.

I never really noticed this before, but then again, this is probably the "biggest" PSP game I've ever played. Most of my crap is LocoRoco and Patapon and stuff lol.

Guess I better get used to it for MGS Peace Walker...

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
For a moment I wish I had a PSP 3000 so I could plug in a dualshock, plug the PSP into my TV, and pretend it's a PS2.

thats what im going to do

though i do think this game would of been better on a different console

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I don't think I can play this anymore. :<

Don't get me wrong, the game is fun as hell and the graphics are amazing for the PSP. It seems to be a huge and expansive game. It's better than....the other KH games o_o

That's the problem though, it's too big for the PSP. It feels like a console game shrunken to a handheld. The issue with that, though, is for spending time with like a 30-hour PSP game, I've found my big hands to be really uncomfortable with the PSP for long periods of time. I never appreciated the DS until now, but the PSP's wide, fat, oddly shaped design with the power switch oh-so-dangerously close to the fingers clutching onto the system in hopes it doesn't slide out of your hands, makes it difficult for me to get comfortable with.

Anyone else get really annoyed with the PSP?

I never really noticed this before, but then again, this is probably the "biggest" PSP game I've ever played. Most of my crap is LocoRoco and Patapon and stuff lol.

Guess I better get used to it for MGS Peace Walker...

I never had a problem with playing on the psp for a long period of time, maybe it just depends on the size of one's hand or something.

Puklthynot

You also have to consider that the newer versions of the PSP are a little smaller, and have hardly any small indents for the fingers to slide into.

The PSP-1000 (Phat), is a lot thicker and provides better control, I would imagine the PSPGo would also have the problem of cramping a person's hand, especially an adult sized hand.

I figured that would be the problem, the same happened to me and Crisis Core, it's hard to play a good handheld game, the playing positions become uncomfortable.

Awards
Oh the power switch. I thought I was the only one who had that problem. I HATE IT SO!
But, it doesn't stop me. I've played countless hours of Dissidia in prep for Birth By Sleep.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Wait, Wait, Wait. I know you can use the PSP on the TV, but you can use the Dualshock on it? How does this work?

ispoiledmyself

for me the only problem with the psp is the stupid power switch. i mean really? why on the side? why not on the top? i have turned on so many games in accident just because of the placement of the power switch. really annoying...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You also have to consider that the newer versions of the PSP are a little smaller, and have hardly any small indents for the fingers to slide into.

The PSP-1000 (Phat), is a lot thicker and provides better control, I would imagine the PSPGo would also have the problem of cramping a person's hand, especially an adult sized hand.

I figured that would be the problem, the same happened to me and Crisis Core, it's hard to play a good handheld game, the playing positions become uncomfortable.

Ooooh, I see. Okay I did not know that cause I have PSP 1000.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I have smallish hands so I don't really feel anything wrong with it. I thought the 1000 fit in my hands quite nicely. The 2000 was a little smaller but I still got used to pretty quickly.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I have a 1000 and my hands are pretty small, so I've never had any problems with it.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
i have a 2000 and i have well, iuno what type of hands i have. small i guess, but playing instruments make my hands different somehow.. iuno how to explain it. but im use to "holding on to stuff" so that i won't be gripping it but so it won't slip and fall either [violin]

but yeah, sometimes the psp is annoying. like i want to play in my bed, but i can't hold it down like a regular ps2/3 controller because if i do, then i can't see the screen that well.. or it just hurts my arms to keep holding it and stuff >~<

and then the power switch >~> ughh..

but im glad you love the game! it makes me think that ill love the game as well! :D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have piano hands and played the violin, so holding it is okay...just that my fingers are long so sometimes I feel like the size of the PSP is odd. The switch does piss me off though...and I hate how wide it is sometimes. (Lol, I play my friends PSP when I can steal it)

αsiя

space coke
I know what you mean. This is more because of the shape the PSP is designed, and I'm assuming you don't play the PSP that much. I'm going through the same thing while I'm playing the game and my hands get sore after a while and that's because this game consists of pressing all the buttons (shoot lock to me was a break for my hands). I even think having the action to "X" will be worser. Also playing the Ruble Races is a fucking torture.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
yeah i don't like the "lifting my arms for 5 hours" while playing a game thing >~>

ugh iv been getting lazy, i think it's annoying to even press X and then press O when playing dissidia.. T__T just switching from one button to another is hard!

i play violin and piano too, so yeah i get what you're saying bout fingers... sometimes my hand cramps when pressing like "L and X" or other combinations like that though.. >~> the shape is kinda weird [mostly the bottom corners where you can hang stuff on [which i do hang a bunch of stuff on there] and the power switch/charger area]

baw i guess ill just play dissidia or another game during summer to get used to the psp feel.

i don't use my psp for gaming that much. i always use it at night for playing music, but that's it. >~> sometimes i play it, like once a week or less ill play a game on there.. but usually i use my ps2 -__-

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm assuming you don't play the PSP that much.

Yeah...I don't. Lol.

I'm going through the same thing while I'm playing the game and my hands get sore after a while and that's because this game consists of pressing all the buttons (shoot lock to me was a break for my hands). I even think having the action to "X" will be worser. Also playing the Ruble Races is a fucking torture.

Oh gosh this is what I mean. Most other PSP games have me maybe go one direction with the analog stick and tap a button.

With this it's OMG L+R LOCK ON NOW DASH RUN AWAY CIRCLE CIRCLE RUN AWAY X HOLD DOWN CIRCLE + L + R SHOOT LOCK RUN AWAY TRIANGLE TRIANGLE DOWN TRIANGLE SQUARE SQUARE X CIRCLE RUN AWAY PAN CAMERA TO THE LEFT CYCLE THROUGH ATTACKS OMG NO you're dead. Then again I'm also playing Proud Mode.

It's a lot of stress for my hands when trying to hold my arms up in the air to see the screen, or crane my head downwards to see it on my lap, and play what is essentially a wide, polished stone.

Also Aqua holy poop you're back. Welcome.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
hi dogen :D

i think my biggest annoyance w/ psp is lifting my arms or looking down to see the screen and stuff. >~>

and if i lay on my stomach and play the game like that it still sucks cuz i can't move my hands as well and end up dieing >~>

baw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back