• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► Govt/Corp and Your Rights - ACTA Dead in EU!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Re: CISPA - SOPA 'security' edition

Because our government seems to be more focused on protecting corporate interests than the rights of its own citizens. >_>

Why can't the just leave the internet alone? I mean, it's the World Wide Web, not the America Wide Web. Everything they are trying to do has a very high potential of doing things outside US jurisdiction. >_>

Shinjuku

Entrapment

I agree with Mirby, but as we continue forward into the future it doesn't look that bright actually it looks smelly lol.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Isn't this the bill where your ISP will literally NOT let you use the internet if they find you pirating stuff UNTIL you sign some sort of agreement? Apparently, it's going to take effect sometime in June or July.

If the internet rallies up against this like it has done before, then I'm not worried...otherwise I'm fucked lol.

But in reality, unless the Federal Gov't intervenes, bills like this will continue to pop up every so often.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

Oh hello SOPA, I knew you weren't gone forever. ^^

In all seriousness, the government is after our internet freedom YET AGAIN! It's probably not gonna get the same amount of heat as with what SOPA had gotten since it's not threatening to shut down websites or whatever. However, I do expect some sort of negative press from SOME websites. I guess we'll find out.

State

Awards

According to an "expert" in "Real Time With Bill Maher", there are two main problems with the U.S. getting its hands on the Internet; one that I don't remember and that 80% of the world wide piracy happens in China. What's the use of eradicating a 20% when you've got bigger problems?

Gram

Banned
Awards

212879.gif
hello sopa whats it been couple months?
they aint ever gonna stop.....

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

Do they ever give up on trying to take our freedom away from us? Man, that's the problem with this world: even if I move away from the US, like to Australia or Europe, they have such a tight fist around worldly matters that I'll never get away from these stupid idiots. I mean, I love my country and all the values it used to stand for, like freedom for all and liberty and whatnot, but it's been so corrupted and twisted that it's just a piece of crap now. And it's all the politicians in this government and the stupid people who voted for them.
But that's the problem: all the candidates we're given to vote for suck, no matter if they're Democrat, Republican, or even Independent. Bleh, I'm sick of this. Let's all build an outer space station far away and get off this blasted rock. :(

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.

This is really starting to just get hilarious. These guys seriously don't give up, and I foresee things continuing in this manner until either the public gives in or these guys run out of "new, different ideas".

KH Warrior

These things are just stupid and depressing and whats worse is that this is going to keep happening until something majorly crazy starts and by the time they realize it, it's to late for them to fix it.

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Originally Posted By: Alaude Drenxta

This is really starting to just get hilarious. These guys seriously don't give up, and I foresee things continuing in this manner until either the public gives in or these guys run out of "new, different ideas".

That's if the public even knows in the first place or actually cares. I don't think people realized a lot of file sharing sites after megaupload going down have officially closed up shop.

More than likely they'll find out when it's too late like everything that happens in this country. I also foresee them giving in cause no matter what they'll sugar-coat it into something eventually that will be deemed a good measure or something like that.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

[video=youtube;j6BKU9mCnn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6BKU9mCnn0[/video]

axel95

Awards

Hello SOPA, it's been a while. I noticed you attempted to clean yourself up. I don't think that will make people like you more.

Seriously though, when is the government going to stop attempting to take away the freedoms that our Constitution guarantees? It should be a requirement that in order to hold office, you have to pass a Constitution test. If you fail said test, you don't get to hold office. That could help our government out a lot!

Shinjuku

Entrapment

They'll stop when they feel like they have control over people. In a way a world like Metal Gear Solid 4 has where only a select few have access to anything at best.

In their minds they probably think this is a good thing that's the horrible part about all this.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Seriously though, when is the government going to stop attempting to take away the freedoms that our Constitution guarantees?
When lobbyists are outlawed and corporate donations are made illegal. When politicians can no longer be bought and have no choice but to actually represent the people that supposedly elect them.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

So uh, this passed.

Shit.

nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

Welp, I enjoyed it while it lasted. If this gets vetoed I will forever be in Obama's debt (hah).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back