• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Google to Steal all your Facebook info and share it with everyone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
As of today, Facebook will automatically index all your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this option, go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Search --> then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet and dident mention this when they gave notice on the updated privacy settings a few days ago

Public Search Results
Allow search engines to access your publicly available info and any information visible to Everyone

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah I read the noticed about the updated policies but it dident mention a thing about indexing

IT can only index things that you leave open to the public. So if all your items are set to "friends only" it can index that but it can still take several things. Just to be safe just take indexing off completely

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Ahh I heard about that. Wasn't so sure if it was true so I searched myself to see if it was legit. It was.
But now I'm protected c:

αsiя

space coke
Wow is such a coincidence that today i joined facebook
so i havent have any ifo updated and will probably never use it

Pianoajd2

On the Facebook site:

"There have been misleading rumors recently about Facebook indexing all your information on Google. This is not true. Facebook created public search listings in 2007 to enable people to search for your name and see a link to your Facebook profile."

Hmmm...

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
On the Facebook site:

"There have been misleading rumors recently about Facebook indexing all your information on Google. This is not true. Facebook created public search listings in 2007 to enable people to search for your name and see a link to your Facebook profile."

Hmmm...

I dont see that anywhere on facebook, Mind linking us to this info disproving this rumor

H

Haxon

I will have to fix that tomorrow at a friends house cuz my computer doesnt let me... the damn thing barely works :23:

Also there was a pop up about it when I signed on yesterday I think, but my computer wouldnt let me choose

Smoofy

Dogs Eating Dogs
Awards
The Roleplay Section. I seldom venture out.
Worried about privacy? Your information is safe.
There have been misleading rumors recently about Facebook indexing all your information on Google. This is not true. Facebook created public search listings in 2007 to enable people to search for your name and see a link to your Facebook profile.

Taken from my own Facebook Privacy settings page.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I dont see that anywhere on facebook, Mind linking us to this info disproving this rumor

I think it was a pop-up from what I can re-call when I saw the message as well. So he's not the only one who seen it.

But here's what it said:

Worried about search engines? Your information is safe.
There have been misleading rumors recently about Facebook indexing all your information on Google. This is not true. Facebook created public search listings in 2007 to enable people to search for your name and see a link to your Facebook profile. They will still only see a basic set of information.

Last edited:
S

Shadow Soldier

I just got that message too.

I never touched my Privacy Settings at all until you mentioned this, and that message popped up. Somebody likes spreading rumors about facebook. I blame that creator of Myspace.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Thanks for the warning, may it be necessary or not.

Better to be too careful than less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back