• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Glimpses of Darkness *rp thread*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
~Crash Landing~

Cam leaned up against the wall, a few yards away from the ongoing fights, exhaustion making his arms and legs feel heavy. "I really need a boost in healing." He mumbled. Lifting his right hand up, he wiped away the dirt and sweat clinging to his face, his green eyes squinting tiredly up at the Lightside aka Corbinek lighting up like a star going nova. As he made his way slowly around, using the wall for support, the sound of a voice shouting nearby; startle him into knocking into the wall and hitting his forehead hard. "Tch...god, that freaking hurts!" Cam exclaimed, burning up in frustration and rubbing his forehead, trying to get rid of the pain. Next, the sound of feet come running in his direction made him move into the shadows, watching the military force known as Soldier try to handle the situation.

"Could this day get any worse? I feel like a criminal watching them come running," Cam scowled. Looking back at Corbinek, seeing the lightning magic the members of Soldier threw at him be redirected at the lesser beings of heartless and turn them into ashes.

"They should of been here from the start. Instead of making us get our hands dirty-?!"

Having taken a shorter route in the direction of the assemble, the debris of what was left lying on the ground was easily overlooked when Cam's eyes fell upon the girl with a gun pointed straight at her forehead, looking frighten as her eyes were focused on the man with an afro; after being thrown forward by some members of Soldier. Helicopters whirling overhead, made it hard to hear what was being said. Quickly taking in his surroundings, noting the slight possibility of being spotted by Soldier and being engaged in battle, weren't the best of odds. Especially if they were to gang up on him up with their massive swords, and kill him. He highly doubted they'd even bother asking him if, he were a civilian of Midgar or not. He's just collateral damage as far as they are concerned.

It wasn't hard to put two and two together. The afro man had tossed a familiar looking coat away from his person and the girl, had to have something to do with that Keyblade; that had been out of control. No longer in sight. The scorch marks left on the ground from it showed just how powerful the Keyblade had been and the severity of the situation before him was. "What do I do?" He thought to himself, no longer able to tell who the real bad guy was in all of this.

"I can't just stand here... And not do anything." Cam muttered, quickly making up his mind under the pressure of his surroundings and doing the right thing in his heart; knowing he wouldn't have any regrets from what he was about to do. "Heh...I wouldn't be me, if I weren't." Cam thought, feeling his lips form into a smile, heart racing and his fists clenching in excitement. Moving forward with a purpose, he spotted a fallen potion that was left behind by a smaller form of heartless, and downed it in one gulp. Feeling the effects of the potion rejuvenate him, he reloaded his arrow guns with magic and took a deep breath...

"I'm...NOT THAT KIND OF GUY WHO CAN WATCH SOME GIRL BE PICKED ON!" He screamed. Charging forward, Cam leapt over the glint of metal come swinging down at his torso, the screeching sound of a sword missing it's target gave him the boost in confidence he needed as he raced up the platform two at the time, pointing the arrow gun straight at the gun the afro man held at his side and pulled the trigger; a gust of wind followed by a sharp object dislodged it out of afro man's hand.

He wasn't done yet. Not even close. Cam drew his arm back, slugging Sazh in the stomach and twisted around on his heel, grabbing hold of the girl's wrist, tugging her along behind him down the platform stairs as he was confronted by Soldier. "When you see an opening... Run." Cam whispered to her, deflecting a sword trying to pierce his heart with his left arrow gun, gritting his teeth by the weight of it and pushing it back with all his might; green eyes flaring angrily at his enemies.

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
-Confrontation-

"Okay, you were asking me my name?? Asking me why I'm ruining the city with Corbinek here??"

"Oh I see..." Was the only thing Renn could say after that response. His fear had been slightly dispelled that the Lightside or rather Corbinek was actually trying to help out the city by giving the transformed heartless new power and awareness that rivals a sentient being.

"I'm sorry about that assumption Reforge... it's just that Corbinek almost crushed me under his foot while I was clearing out heartless on the ground... but I knew something was amiss when I saw it's own kind turned against it. and What was that about incinerating me? and you're a keyblade wielder? so why aren't you with the rest of the students and the masters like my own? I bet you'd make a great mentor based on what you manage to do... I mean tier four spells? holy cow..." Renn just kept ranting on and on and on and that was one of his problems. But he wrapped up his rant and said: "Honestly I feel kinda jealous of your skill and I'd like to one day take you on one-on-one... now... how about we start our friendly rivalry on a light competition? up until the battle is over, kill as many heartless as we can and the one with the higher score wins! also and kills from corbinek don't count since he's his own being. Starting... now!"

He jumped down off Corbinek's shoulder and fell on his feet back to earth as he used the energy of zero gravira to stop him just a foot above the ground. He soon dove right back into the fray killing the tiny kitten heartless.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
-Question Marks and Exclamation Points-

Lightning's Thundaga spell hit true on it's mark, as the meteors disappeared, returning to it's host. Landing on the ground, the teenager's head swiveled in tandem with the ice rocks, pale blue eyes following them to their destination.

"So Lightning,"

The being chimed from waves of feet away. How did he know her name? She hadn't really remembered this enigma before, but apprently he knew her name. Had they met before?

"How have you been doing?? Do you even remember me?? I suppose I look a lot different than when we were in Valhalla but believe it or not, its me...Reforge."

Valhalla? Reforge? The person LOOKED familiar...but the teen couldn't decipher where she knew him from. How did he know her. She gave him an incredelous look, at an obvious loss for words. What was she supposed to say? Reforge had quickly diverted his attention to a Heartless, reducing it to black powder before turning back to the pink haired teenager.
"I'm about to go show off, here take my blessing before I go. Catch ya later!!!"

A power began to swell inside of her, the ground shook and streaks of thunder began to crackle and surge around the teenager. What was this...was this a new Paradigm shift? Reforge was all but gone as a golden aura began to surround her. Her pink hair had began to take a more golden hue.

Feeling the power surge through her, she deemed the power a new Paradigm shift and scanned the battle field. A large white creature had taken to the field being attacked by multitudes of Heartless. The heroes of legend had arrived as well as some wretched Keybladers, one whom removed the keyblade that was the source of all this. Looking at a few of the remaining Heartless, Lightning decided she would eradicate them. Disappearing and then reappearing just a few feet before the first Neoshadow, she impaled the Heartless with the Blazefire Saber, before charging a Thundaga spell through the blade, which surged and exploded into a wave of electricity, reducing the NeoShadow to black dust. Lightning moved similarly through the ranks, appearing and eliminating a heartless, becoming almost a golden blur. Pain shot through her in the middle of the battle field and with a scream, she unleashed a wave of electricity before slowly falling to her knees.

"W-what?" She muttered. The aura dissipated, and her hair fell to it's usual pink. Sweat blanketed her forehead. She clenched her jaw. What happened? Had she not been strong enough to sustain the form? She had felt practically exhausted. She struggled to stand, putting a hand on her knee as one Heartless closed in behind her to take advantage of her shortage of wind.

"D-darn it..." She muttered, crawling back and pointing the Blazefire Saber at the creature.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
-Damsel in distress-

"Twenty two." Renn said as he passed Lightning and swiped at the heartless with one swing of his keyblade. It managed to grab the blade mid jump and push off surprisingly then 6 other neoshadows besides the one Renn was looking at surrounded them both "Ok Deadpool... your turn!" He tossed his keyblade as he triggered the personality shift to Deadpool.

"Here comes trick raid people!" The Keyblade spun towards the Neoshadow and split him in half but suddenly it disappeared as it passed through, then the same keyblade had seemed to spawn clones of itself to hit the other 6 heartless and produce the same result as what the initial did and his keyblade returned to his grip. "Twenty-nine now... This game with Reforge is fun Renn!"

Inside their jointed mind Renn responded:
"Quit it Deadpool, you're gonna make us look insane in front of the girl we just saved!"

Deadpool turned around and looked at Lightning as no more shadows seemed to surround them. "Hello uh wait... hasn't Renn seen you before? You hang with Cid a lot?"

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~- Weather Man Called for a Twister -~

Par for the course, the plans to travel by gummi to the rally were derailed as a girl fell into Sora's lap from out of the blue. After a panicked request for help, the girl hauled the Keyblader through a portal with her, and Lily was nearly certain that the passage led to Midgar. After a quick quip from Ven about backup for the backup, the blond darted through after the other two. Looking back to Aqua, Lily said quickly, "Stand by to shut this thing down while I check how bad things are; I'll keep the portal open for when you guys need to come through."

Yeah, she just loved how them coming through wasn't 'if', but 'when'.

It took Lily only a moment to bolt through the tunnel, the darkness caressing her like an old friend. But where the portal's darkness felt like a summer night, what greeted her on the other side felt the stinging bite of winter night. Her eyes darted about, taking in the bedlam caused by the Heartless. Ven, Sora and the girl Harmony dove straight into the fray, varying degrees of resentment and agitation in their eyes, but Lily hung back a moment, assessing the situation. Her suspicions confirmed, Lily sent the message to Aqua, her thoughts traveling across the link that the Pack and those connected to it shared.

Shut the bird down, Aqua; we need you guys now.

Understood. Be there in a moment.

"Really Ven? I thought you were stronger than that!"

Lily felt Riku come out of the portal behind her before she'd heard him speak. Leaning back for a moment, she let her back rest against his chest for a brief instant, gathering strength from the small contact. She felt him exhale into her hair, acknowledging the touch before she pulled away, her shoulders set. "Is there any chance of asking you to do this?"

"Yeah, I think I can, but I need you guys to take up points." Turning around, Lily saw the others come streaming out of the corridor; Crowley rushed off, no doubt eager to vent his too many people frustration on the Heartless. Looking around the group, Lily singled out Riku, Aqua, Vesper and Anise. Turning back to Riku, she spoke quickly, silver already creeping into her eyes. "You know how this goes. Find your point and anchor it. I sense Zack and Cloud here; get the message to them and have them take the last two points. Tora, Ari, get whoever you need to together to help you distract the Lightside and the other Heartless until we're ready. Hurry!"

Everyone bolted off in opposite directions, intent focus clear on their features. Letting a gust of wind magic tear through her immediate vicinity, Lily cleared the Heartless that were around her away before setting up a barrier in a five foot perimeter around herself. Reaching into the pouch at her side, she pulled out a piece of chalk; kneeling, she drew a six pointed star, then etched a circle around it. Placing her hands on either side of the circle, Lily heard the whispers start up in her mind as she pulled on that familiar vein of black magic. Softly, she started singing under her breath.

Dry lightning cracks across the sky...

~- See Your Face at Every Turn -~

Aqua raced off, sharpening her focus until she entered into her Spellweaver command style. Feeling the light form around her Keyblade, she threw it out, watching as it spun into one of the lion Heartless. The beast let out a roar, whipping around with a paw raised, ready to retaliate, but Aqua was ready. Pulling on the arcane thread, she snapped her Keyblade back into her hand, then threw it out again, the magic along its edges practically singing. The teeth of the blade met with the monster again, but this time, she forced light magic into the beast, causing it to twist in a convulsion; with an agonized roar, the lion disappeared, the brilliance of the light too much for it.

Do you still have the same dream?

Pain threatened to bubble up, but she kept it tamped down. She couldn't give in now; soon, yes, but not yet. Aqua squinted, the glow from the Lightside dazzling her as she ran past it. She sensed a powerful energy coming from a source that wasn't the Lightside, but for the moment, she didn't investigate it; there'd be time enough for that later. For a brief moment, she thought she saw Renn race past her in the direction she'd just come, but Aqua let that thought slide from her mind; she had a point of power to establish, and she knew Renn could care for himself. After all, she'd taught him well.

Hadn't she?

Aqua stopped in her tracks, a distinct, vibrating hum traveling up her legs from the earth. Recognizing the signal of the point, she knelt down, placing her hands against the paving stones. Calling up her magic, Aqua readied herself to anchor the setting. Closing her eyes, she let the trigger memory that she needed drift up.

Six months. It had been six months since the final battle with Xehanort. You'd think the pain would begin to fade by now, right? That's what she kept telling herself, anyway.

She didn't think it was working.

Aqua heard wolf song at her back as she walked toward her destination. The Pack still mourned those they'd lost to Xehanort, just as she did; but tonight was one of the last nights that they'd all sing for Isa, Amaranth and Terra. Tomorrow, Riku and Lily would be made the Alphas, and the former Alphas memories would finally be laid to rest. It was their tradition to hold the ceremony where the last Alpha had died, so that's why they were all back in the Keyblade Graveyard again, even though it was the last place any of them wanted to be ever again.

Reaching her destination, Aqua stopped, her heart freezing in her throat. She couldn't do this; how had she thought she could? She was almost ready to turn back when she felt a soft brush of fur against her side. Looking down, she saw Vesper looking up at her, sadness and a deeper, hidden pain haunting his eyes. That peek into his heart brought her resolve back. He needed this as much as she did.

Raising her hand, Aqua closed her eyes and let her heart connect to Vesper's heart and Terra's memory. For a moment, she drew on this three way link, letting all other thoughts slide from her mind. But then, she felt a heavy weight form in her hand, and she opened her eyes. She looked at Ends of the Earth, and had to hold back a sob.

Terra's last stand.

Turning the Keyblade so it was facing down, Aqua sunk the teeth of the sword into the ground, then found herself on the ground next to the memorial as her knees gave way. Moving in closer to her, Vesper put his head on her shoulder, and she threw her arms around his neck, burying her face in his fur as hot tears coursed down her cheeks.

She'd been crying ever since.

Tears slid down Aqua's face again, and she felt the magic reach its peak. Centering, she cried out, "Sorrowful waters!" Water rushed up in response to the command, the Flood spell taking out countless Heartless and clearing the area around her. Sending out more magic, she anchored the point.

"Your turn, Lily."

~- I Stayed Alive for You -~

One good thing could be said for this flood of Heartless. People were less likely to notice the huge wolf in their midst, allowing Vesper to keep on as straight a path as possible as he made his way to his anchor. Passing Zack along the way, Vesper used the Pack link to nudge the SOLDIER into action. Lily's got a plan for getting rid of the rest of the Heartless, but she needs a couple extra point anchors.

Hey, you know me; I live for the adventure! I got no problem helping the Alpha out with her plans.
Zack threw a smirk over his shoulder at the wolf as he streaked past, letting Vesper know that he'd heard him.

Then get going; your point's in the opposite direction!

A stage soon come into view for Vesper, although only a small slice of it; the rest of his vision was obscured by the SOLDIERS that were surrounding two kids. What had happened to SOLDIER? The group had been famous in its heyday, and Zack had done what he could to preserve its integrity, but the Mako infused warriors had fallen a long way. Snarling, Vesper used his momentum to knock down four of the men, attracting the attention of the rest of them in the process. Noticing that one of those kids was the girl that had fallen onto Sora, Vesper growled, "Hurry up, will you? Get out of here!"

Having gained the attention of SOLDIER, Vesper raced off again, giving the kids the breathing room they'd need to hopefully get out of there. Racing up and across the stage, Vesper saw a man standing up there; a strong feeling that this man was responsible for the rally filled Vesper, and the wolf decided that a little bit of malicious fun might be in order. A snarling bark tore itself free as Vesper jumped at the man, every indication that he was going to attack Sazh given. Instead, the wolf sailed past him, landing on the other side of the stage. Message delivered, Vesper started running again, the magic of the mark pulling him on.

Finding his point, Vesper came to a stop and began drawing energy in. Feeling both darkness and light bubbling beneath the surface, he waited, letting the Heartless around him come closer of their own volition, attracted by the sudden surge of light. Once they were within two feet of him, Vesper released the energy, howling as the combined twilight energy tore through the Heartless around him, decimating them.

Vesper shoved magic down into the point, anchoring the power there and feeling that Aqua had already done the same with hers. His eyes roaming over the outskirts of the battle field, Vesper kept a wary eye out for Heartless as he thought, You're turn...

~- Red Line Overload -~

Zack ran past the Heartless, striking out at them with the Buster Sword as they came too close. On the one hand, Zack was surprised that Cloud had returned the sword when he'd taken up the Fusion Blades. But Zack was grateful all the same; the sword had been a gift from Angeal, the last one Zack received before his mentor had died. That was probably why Cloud had returned it. He knew how much it meant to Zack.

A Leo roared up on him, and Zack spun around, already swinging, wolf silver and Mako high in his eyes. Adrenaline fuelled the swing, adding to the man's already considerable strength. Cleaving the beast in two, he swung back to the front, prepared to continue following the magic...

"Shit!"

And he turned straight into the lunge of another Leo! With insufficient time to raise a proper block, Zack crossed his arms in front of his face, prepared to weather the assault and then dish out proper retribution on the beast. He heard a soft whistle of air, and the beast went down, an arrow sticking out of its side. Lowering his hands, Zack just had enough time to see the back of a familiar head of silver hair before the archer was swallowed up by the crowd. Hadn't Cloud said Firion stayed behind to watch over Raine and Letty? If Firion was here, Zack just knew Raine would be too. Looked like Cloud was gonna go papa wolf soon...

Finding his point, Zack filled himself up with magic, levitating slightly as he did so. He held the arcane power within himself as long as he could, letting it build up, while trapping the Heartless swarm beneath him in a large glyph.

Show me the true power of SOLDIER!

Zack smiled at the memory of Genesis' command. Unable to help himself, Zack shouted, "Mind your own business!" Releasing the energy, he let magic surge through the glyph, decimating the monsters trapped inside its barrier.

Talk about a Heartless Apocalypse!

Dropping back to the ground, Zack threw the magic needed into anchoring the point. Keeping a close eye out for Raine and Firion, he said to himself, "So, that's Aqua, Vesper and me done. Who's our next contestant?"

~- Demented? Just a Little Bit -~

Leo, Neoshadows, plain old, itty bitty Shadows... Come on, these things were kiddy stuff! A Neoshadow jumped at Anise, and she dove underneath it, Crystal Light forming in her hand as she swung up; hooking the teeth of the blade into the Heartless' belly, she threw it away from her before coming to her feet again, picking up momentum as she went.

Her stride eating up ground fast, it wasn't long until Anise saw Renn bending over a girl with pink hair. Throwing out her senses a little, Anise realized that his aura had shifted to his Deadpool personality. He seemed absorbed in talking to the girl, and after a moment, Anise realized it was Lightning; she'd seen Lightning training with Cid a couple times when Riku had brought her along when he'd needed to talk to Cloud and the others.

Noting the Leo that was about to sneak up on Deadpool, Anise quickly formed a handful of red crystals. Blowing on them, she threw them at the feline, waiting until they'd landed in the inky fur before activating the magic. With a howl, the Heartless went up in flames, its sneak attack stopped before it even began. Running by close enough that she could cuff Deadpool over the head, Anise snapped, "Hey, flirt later, Headcase! We've got Heartless to take care of before you try talking to cute girls!"

Anise kept going, not waiting for his return comment. And besides, she knew it'd be some kind of good natured, sarcastic jibe anyway; they'd been training together under both Aqua and Riku for a while now, and had developed a rough around the edges combo of friendship and rivalry. She knew the nickname wouldn't get him too out of joint.

Digging her heels into the ground, Anise skidded to a stop as she found her point. Throwing out more crystals, she set up a mine field for any Heartless stupid enough to try and come near her. Slamming her hands into the ground, she funneled magic in the spot, anchoring the circle. Sensing that Aqua, Vesper and Zack had already set their anchors, Anise knew it was just Cloud and Riku that had to haul ass now.

"Two to go..." she muttered, the excitement of battle shining in her eyes.

~- Too Much? Or Not Enough? -~

Cloud felt it as soon as Lily come through the portal. He was a Secret Keeper, one who had Wild Magic in their veins, but unable to Shift because the magic was too thin. He had greater strength, speed and stamina; his senses of hearing, sight and scent were sharper, and he basically had many of the Pack's greatest strengths without their drawbacks. But he didn't have the ability to Shift, and neither did Raine or Zack; so both Strife siblings and Zack kept watch over the outskirts of the Pack, keeping the majority of Statics from discovering the identity of the Shifters.

So it wasn't any surprise to him when he heard the Alpha's voice in his mind, asking for a little help with a spell. Nodding his head, Cloud just barely registered Kari's hasty call of farewell. Just as well for him; he'd been growing tired of her little game, and he had been on the point of breaking it off himself. Turning around, Cloud was just about to go the short distance he needed to when he stopped dead in his tracks, fury and anxiety playing a cruel game of tag in his chest.

"What the hell are you doing here, Raine?"

Spinning to face him, the other blond locked eyes with him, blue meeting blue in clear challenge. When it was clear neither one of them was going to back down, the woman responded tersely, "What do you think I'm doing here? Firion and I decided to bring the cavalry, okay? Letty's with Maria at our place, but Guy and Leon came with us. Squall's down for the count, in case you hadn't noticed; and Rinoa's all kinds of pissed because of that! She's likely to tear a new one for the guy in charge of Hikari if she can get her hands on him."

Cloud still wasn't pleased. He was just about to say so when Raine used a favorite tactic of hers and cut him off. "Cloud, I'm twenty-seven. I can look after myself, and you guys could probably use the help of a Natural against these jerks. Thanks for worrying about me, but I have a right to protect your back just as much as you have a right to protect mine, okay?"

Conceding the argument, Cloud asked, "Tidus and Taiyou here?"

"Course they are; I think I saw them heading off to give Aerith a little cover for her spell work. Yuna too. Now, stop talking and get back to your mission! Don't you have a point to anchor?"

A reluctant grin spread across Cloud's face at Raine's feisty attitude. Facing the direction he needed to go, he needed just a few strides to reach the point, the magic thrumming up his legs telling him to stop where he needed to. Raising the Fusion sword, he concentrated, focusing his magic. Feeling the magic build up, he raised the sword over his head and bellowed, "Stars! Rain down!"

A gale of small meteors fell, crushing several Heartless; a moment later, a wall of flame rippled over them as Raine made good on her promise of watching Cloud's back. Acting quickly, Cloud funneled magic into the point, bringing the total anchors to five.

Lowering his sword to give his shaking arms a break, Cloud stood still for a moment, trying to catch his breath. His heart was pounding, nearly fit to burst right out of his chest, and he felt a fine sheen of sweat on his brow. Gulping air, he let himself rest for a moment, cursing his luck.

Talk about one hell of a time to catch a virus.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
- Awww spaghetti and crudballs!-
Deadpool retreated into his portion of the shared consciousness briefly to say something to himself. Nice one Anise. And soon returned to the action. He turned to Lightning again as they were soon surrounded by leo heartless. "C'mon Pinky, I need your help here..."

Three small leo heartless charged right for Deadpool but in the brief time that Anise had saved both him and Lightning he swapped his commands for Cure, Trifire, Sliding Blizzard, and in case things got hairy, His influence passing through the dark corridor gave him the one trigger command he needed to release Cloud's physical side. Dark haze. And what a time it was... because the "Simba" of this pack of heartless walked up behind them.

Deadpool recalled a moment from south park, and in his best Cartman impression said: "Oh... Fuck."

But he knew the larger lion heartless was on the last of it's nine lives... He could possibly manage defeating this wave without either Light or him getting banged up too badly. The three previously mentioned Leo's charged him and he shrieked: "You'll be well-done!" that stopped them in a straight horizontal position then his eyes focused on the farthest right of the three heartless... then pointed his keyblade the other direction and he said: "Fur-Eeze!" And an ice ball jumped out from his keyblade's point and landed on the heartless his keyblade pointed at and obliterated it then slid along the ground through the other heartless and defeating both the one in the middle and the one Deadpool focused on and his eyes turned to the big leo once again... this time the lumbing heartless managed one last charge and the iceball hit it's left leg, Atleast from his perspective anyway, and forced it to capsize, crushing the leg that had fallen in on toward the torso. Deadpool could feel the burning rising up in him. "hmmm ok! Random attack time! who wants barbecue heartless?" he said as command style enveloped him in a burning aura.

The Heartless rose to it's feet again slowly and Deadpool now had the eye of a certain other cat in his pupil metaphorically as he wanted to roast this large Leo rotisserie style

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------

The claws marks raining down across Corbenik’s body allowed beams of light to suddenly erupt from the wounds, causing the multitude of Heartless to quickly move, some not doing just that and falling free from the giant of light in howls of pain. While the largest of the lion Heartless was much too heavy to stay on the Lightside’s chest, its huge claws forming the long grooves allowed the beast to quickly reach the centre of the large giant, the comet formed core. This seemed to be the lion Heartless’ focus now, barring its mouth full of teeth as well as its claws into the hard rock shelled core. Even as Reforge worked in combination with Corbenik to create a build up to a spell, the massive Heartless continued to claw and bite the comet, chipping away at it slowly but still successfully.

It wasn’t till the light intensified greatly as well as the explosive eruption of light and ice magic emerged that the mighty lion Heartless was finally defeated, burning into wisps of darkness by the very end, the chunks of the core missing the only sign of the Heartless ever being there. Watching everything unfold from her view overlooking the city, the masked woman held the mighty staff tightly as even from so far away the sight of the Heartless being incinerated was clear to see. The eye that first appeared on the staff at the appearance of the tendrils still remained, clearly seeing farther than even the masked woman’s own eyes yet somehow allowing the figure to see through its singular gaze all the same.

Even with the appearance of SOLDIER to combat the still spreading Heartless that survived Corbeniks power, it seemed the creatures were still capable of multiplying rapidly. While many continued to fight against anything that stood against them, there was still the few that latched their teeth around the stray pockets of the populace, disappearing into the darkness once more with only the glow of their bright purple eyes the last sign of them in the shadows.

The head of the large staff suddenly flared once more into life. While the single eye continued to stare out towards the giant of light, and the thick mist billowed out in a constant stream, it was the several clasps that were to show their true purpose now. Erupting from each of the clasps ends, large tendrils appeared, just like those that had first tried to coil around Corbenik’s legs. It was at that moment that the eye in the centre of all this grew larger and more focused on what was in its sight.

A growing sense of power was the only sign of what was about to occur, along with a feeling that whatever it was, there was no way to actively stop it. Appearing through the strange tears that appeared around Corbenik, not only along the ground but throughout the space around the giant as well, the same tentacles as before made a reappearance this time much larger and much more aggressive than the first time. While the light from Corbenik had a sudden effect on the tips of the tendrils, causing the darkness embodied appendages to burn and fade to dust, it proved to not be as effective this time around, as the once burned tips erupted and split into a fresh batch of tentacles, like that of a legendary Hydra.

Coiling at first around Corbenik’s legs and arms, the growing amount of tendrils multiplied like a virus, soon anchoring the great giant to its spot for the whole city to be a witness to what was about to happen. While many of the tentacles continued to hold the Lightside down, many more still remained, twisting and flailing as they rose higher into the air around the giant and Reforge before making their move. Darting with purpose, the tendrils pierced through the comet core of the giant, not only from the front but also behind, as if to meet somewhere in the middle of hard rock and ice. Dust and shards of the comet were violently gouged out with each successful stab of the tentacles, and with more joining the others that were already embedded deeply, it wasn’t long until the might comet core began to show cracks.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
-Dangerous Damsel-

"Twenty two."
Someone had defended her. Lightning scrambled to her feet, taking the opportunity to catch her breath and get her guard back up. The person who saved her seemed to be a male, instantly he became suddenly more rambunctious, exclaiming the name of an ability before turning to look at her. And then she spotted it. The wretched weapon that was the cause of her misfortune. Her eyes went wide with disgust, as she spotted the man's keyblade.

"Hello uh wait... hasn't Renn seen you before? You hang with Cid a lot?"

She scoffed before dusting herself off. What did he know about her master? She took a mental note of his name. And then another: Was he referring to himself in the 3rd person?

"I didn't ask for your help." She retorted, completely ignoring Renn's inquiry. L-look out!" She cried, beginning to push away the Keyblader. Another Leo was about to strike Renn from behind, however someone else had beaten Lightning to the Heartless. It was a girl. Who were these people? There were so many fighters on this battlefield. Lightning pondered why Heartless still remained.

"Hey, flirt later, Headcase! We've got Heartless to take care of before you try talking to cute girls!"

Lightning's eyes widened again, this time from embarassment. Was that comment aimed at her? She blushed, before trying her hardest to straighten her face again. She wasn't cute! She was supposed to be tough! Menacing! Awe inspiring and fear inducing! Although she appreciated the fact she was thought of as cute.

Growls trailed to the girl's ears as the final waves of Leo Heartless surrounded Lightning and Renn. Lightning swung her gunblade around causing it to shift into Gun mode. Pressing a button, an empty magazine ejected from the hilt of her blade, as the pink haired teenager pushed in a fresh magazine to replace it. Swinging her blade around once more, she reverted it back into Blade form, preparing for another scuffle with the Heartless.

"C'mon Pinky, I need your help here..."

"My name is Lightning, and let's get one thing clear," she spat. "I have no intentions of assisting a Keyblader. I will help you to protect the people of Midgar and to repay you for saving me back there. Just be sure to keep that accursed weapon away from me."

It was clear to anyone who hear her that she wasn't the fondest of Keyblades. The way she said keyblader was filled with scorn. She felt a little bad for speaking to Renn in such a manner, but she didn't approve of his choice of weapon. Those things were evil. If she needed any proof, look at what they've done to Midgar! To Twilight Town. To Serah.

Charging forward,the teenager spun around, holding her blade out, creating a circular form of defense and offense. It unleashed a shockwave against three similar Leos, knocking them off balance and into the air. The Grav-Con unit should've recharged by now, and she flicked her wrist against her side, activating it. Gracefully moving from the floor into the air she slashed at one of the Leo, before leaving a Ruin spell on it to explode when she jumped off. Using that first Leo as a catapult, she slashed at the second as she moved passed it, twisting her body and using the gravity to push her back in the direction of it, switching to Gun form and firing three bullets at the heartless. She landed back to the ground and deactivated the Grav-Con Unit, before turning around and unleashing a Thundaga spell on the trio of Heartless.

Hazen Gregory

doWnloAd ProgoNOSKES 99% cOMplETeD
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
"This is nearly over, I might as well send you somewhere that you can have a lot more room in pal." Reforge had somewhat ignored Renn after his proposed challenge to see who could kill more heartless. These days kid's minds were backward. "What does that guy not see that I just killed 713 of these things, both big and small??"

Corbinek's body thrummed in response, he was able to talk via a mental link to Reforge as they'd become summoner and creature pair. "I am getting a bit tired, I'm not used to really being on this physical type of world just yet." Solider arriving hadn't changed the situation too dramatically, there were still heartless running about and the many different people in Midgar continued to fight them all, some of them gaining an upper-hand while others didn't. Casting Holy Bolt had caused even more strain on Corbinek due to the dual incantation used to produce the spell, "Okay I'm going to head to Valhalla, a place like that will be much easier for me to get around in and restore my reserves, I'll see ya next time....huh??"

Already beginning to fade away back to another realm, Corbinek had barely noticed the tendrils of darkness trying to wrap around his body. He started to panic and pulses of light started to erupt from him, completely incinerating some of them. It was a lost cause however, his magic was nearly depleted and the masked one from across the hilltop was using quite a bit magical essence to pour the essence of darkness from its staff.

"Is any of that really necessary??"

Reforge's eyes opened again in a scowl as the tendrils thickened even as they were destroyed and started attacking the comet core. "Heyy...stop that!!! You're going to hurt Corbinek!!!" Chunks of it had already been taken out, each piece that fell made Corbinek cry out in agony, the loss of his magic already had him tired and now this was happening.

"Ahhhh it hurts, please make it stop!!!" Reforge knew that Corbinek had already taken too much. He wasn't about to risk refueling the core, as that might disrupt the very fabric of the Lightside's being and destroy him completely rather than helping. In this instance the core was the tether causing the pain to Corbinek because Reforge had used it to bond the two of them together, the more damage it took the greater pain Corbinek experienced. Without wasting further time pondering how this masked person was manipulating darkness so well, Reforge pulled the comet apart himself, thus severing the bond between he and Corbinek.

Ref sighed, as Corbinek started to shine brighter and light began spilling forth into the city like when he originally formed. "You okay??"

"Yea, I'm heading back. Next time we should..." Corbinek didn't even have time to finish the sentence, his Lightside body detonated in a massive blast of holy force that erased the entire form of the tentacles that had been attacking it, such an affect was like several master wizards casting Holy Bolt all simultaneously. It was a dazzling light show but also a force more than deadly to creatures of darkness, even the being on the hilltop would have to feel its effects. Reforge saw that during the detonation a large portion of the expelled holy force had been directed at the masked person on the hill.

With Corbinek now resting back in Valhalla and most of the heartless obliterated by the efforts of SOLDIER, Reforge, the keybladers and other random people, Ref decided that he'd just go investigate. Nobody else had been smart enough to go after the source the entire time. "Eh I suppose the keyblade being removed was a great help...but still." Reforge flew over to the large hill over looking the city, and stopped directly in front of the masked person. As before, he felt an odd sensation, his senses were saying that he knew this person.

Suddenly everything clicked. "Are you serious?? DANU!?!?! IS THAT YOU UNDER THAT MASK!?!?!?"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Watch Out You Just Might Go Under -~

Rinoa glared at the man across from her, waiting for him to say something before the girl put in her own two cents. Listening as Trisha made her point known, Rinoa nodded in agreement with the girl's words. Watching as she left, Rinoa remained quiet for a few moments before focusing back on the man in front of her; pointing her gunblade she said, "She's right, but I don't trust you at all sir." Turning her back on him, she grabbed Squall and called her wings, taking to the air she searched for a relatively safe area for the time being.

Finding an alcove that had somehow remained untouched by combat, she dropped down and put Squall down. Brushing back some of his hair, Rinoa frowned before she turned around and took to the air again, anger coiling in her chest as she made her way back to the war zone. Dropping down again, she caught a glimpse of Kuja fighting off some more heartless; trying to stay out of their range as the Angel of Death cast one powerful spell after another. Tapping into her anger, Rinoa shouted, "That's enough!"

Snapping her wrist toward him, Rinoa sent a blast of wind and holy magic to attack the creatures; which considering of her berserk state, made quick work of them. Running over to check on him, she reached out a hand and quickly used a healing spell to take care of his injuries. "Thanks, I owe you one."

Shrugging her shoulders, Rinoa teased, "You can thank me later, Kuja. Besides, the satisfaction of needing to save you is thanks enough!" Earning her a grin and a mock one fingered salute; hopping backward so her back was to his, Rinoa looked around her, searching for nothing in particular. Watching a wall of flames go rushing past her, she glanced at Lea and smiled at the pyro, relieved that he was okay and not at all surprised that he decided to show up now. Dropping toward the ground, Rinoa placed her hands on the ground and smiled slightly as the tremors started to sweep out around her; knocking the heartless to the ground as they lost their balance.

Watching the irritated look that flashed in Lea's green eyes, she laughed when the pyro tumbled to the ground, cursing up a storm under his breath. Waiting until the spell ran its course, she stood up and walked over to check on him. "You doing okay?" She asked, holding out her hand in an offer for him to take it even as they both scanned their surrounding area for any more heartless.

"Rinoa, guys! We need some help!"

Turning to look at Comet, she nodded her head and quickly headed over to the group; already noticing the tranquil fury that flickered in Tora's gaze. Nodding again, Rinoa motioned to the area around them and said, "Me and the guys have got this area covered, do you want some help with that Lightside?"

"Yeah, that's the plan, sorceress."

Rinoa's eyes snapped to Aries just as she used her telekinesis to throw a sign into some air pirates; before the blond dropped to the ground, looking a little tired from the use of her powers. Smirking, Rinoa chirped cheerfully, "Well, let's stop talking and get going!" Without wasting anymore time they made their way (granted by splitting up to cover more ground) to the center of the mess.

Back to the Lightside.

~- The Way We Were Before -~

Comet scrambled for an answer, shocked by the sudden turn of events. Watching Ven walk through the portal, he ducked over toward the control panel and started typing away; putting the gummi ship on auto-pilot and putting the distention in for Midgar. Turning to the rest of them, he nodded and followed them through the portal; and straight into trouble, like always. Raising an eyebrow, Comet listened to the orders that were being shot off; nodding his head in acknowledgment; he took off after Tora and Aries to give them some extra backup.

Chuckling darkly, Comet watched the anger flash in Tora's eyes as he ducked under a Neo Shadow and hit it in the side; knocking it off balance and causing it crash to the ground. He had only about two seconds to jump away before it was set on fire. Turning a worried look on Tora, he muttered, "Who poured water on a grease fire?" Only to dismiss his startled question and continued following the girls, providing cover fire for them and trying not to get hit in the crossfire.

Reaching a section of the town, he cocked an eyebrow and looked at the ones gathered in the area, a cranky Rinoa included. "Rinoa, guys! We need some help!" He called, ducking as Aries sent a drain pipe soaring over his head. Twisting to look at her; he raised an eyebrow in question and shook his head at the sheepish grin she had on her face as the blond shrugged.

Riku, you owe me big time. he hissed mentally, before he straitened to his full exchange; keeping his attention on looking for threats as the girls exchanged words. He saw the annoyance in Tora's eyes, along with the fact she was ready to kick all of their butts when Rinoa chimed in that maybe they should get going. Nodding in agreement, Comet took off with the others; keeping close to Tora to try and get her to calm down. Pulling up short, he rolled his eyes and raised his hand, a moment later he'd shot off a blast of dark energy. Knocking off some loose rubble, he watched as it fell and crushed some shadow heartless; earning a icy glare from Tora.

"Really? Is now the time to get mad about that?" He asked, slightly exasperated at her weak spot for cute things showing up than. After a few minutes of silence, Comet started running again, not even bothering to flinch under Tora's icy glare. Sure, she was mad at him right now, but she'd get over it; or at least that's what Comet was hoping for. Hitting the center square, Comet looked around them, spotting the Lightside he watched as everyone almost spread out to take care of it.

"Wait, I've got a feeling it's going to leave soon." He said, watching as it thrashed about because of the darkness clinging to it. Then, sure enough it faded away, leaving behind a bright flash of light that destroyed many creatures of the dark; even leaving Comet to fidget from slight discomfort. Blinking a couple of times to clear the spots from his vision, Comet reached out a hand and slipped it into Tora, giving it a quick squeeze to let her know it was okay; he wasn't surprised when she shook her head in answer.

Exhaling to get rid of some pent up frustration, Comet tapped into the link and sent to Lily, Your turn, Lil. Although, out of curiosity, is there anything else you need us to do?

~- You'll Be Safe Here -~

Riku raced through the streets, remembering his orders from Lily. Watching the sky for a signal that the others had gotten their points anchored, Riku was surprised at all when he'd felt the surge in power. Dodging a member of SOLDIER, he swung out with his arm and hit them hard in the back; causing them to stumble forward and fall to their knees. Ducking a swing at his head, Riku quickly snapped his hand up and grabbed his assailant's arm and twisted it just as he brought his knee up to hit them in the stomach; causing them to drop their sword.

Grabbing it from where it'd fallen, Riku rammed it into their gut, knocking the air from their lungs and causing them to fall to their knees. Cocking his head to the side, Riku threw the weapon to the side before he stepped around them and continued searching for the anchor. He forced his mind to focus, to block out anything that'd be a distraction to his current goal; including his friends. Sensing the power point to the right, Riku bolted in that direction, weaving between different people until he came to the desired spot.

Putting on the brakes, Riku nearly fell from his momentum, crouching down to check what type of magic was needed for this point. A smirk flitting across his face, Riku looked around at the Heartless that appeared in the immediate vicinity. So, he had to clear out some small fry before he could anchor the point? So be it. Tapping into the arcane magic, he said calmly, "Diaga Solas." Snapping his hand out, he watched as holy rained down on his opponents; tearing through the heartless with ease.

Feeling the itch spreading across his shoulders, Riku shook his head to dispel it before he funneled light magic into the spot. Nodding in satisfaction, Riku shifted and curled up to wait for the spell to finish, yet at the same time he was keeping an eye out for any other threats or allies that might be in need of assistance. It's your turn Lily, he said across the link.

~- Fire in Our Eyes -~ ((OOC: Lunar has given me permission to PP Harmony for Kari's segment.))

Kari danced out of the way of a swipe from a Leo heartless, this was getting dull. And one look in Cloud's direction told her everything she needed to know, he wanted to break the game off. "How about we drop it for now, Cloud?" She wasn't surprised when he nodded his head, and it didn't take either of them long to go in different directions. Picking her way through the chaos, Kari ignored the members of SOLDIER that went rushing past; instead she absentmindedly focused on the stray heartless that attacked her.

Noticing that Sazh had decided to get involved with the fight, she cocked her head to the side; watching the situation for several minutes. A smirk briefly drifted across her face as Vesper went soaring past Sazh, delivering her message and giving the two kids that'd been surrounded enough time to run. She didn't bother looking at the newest recruit to her group as they walked up to her, obviously looking for orders. "Take some other members and surround the boy, the girl needs to continue her conversation with the Master." She said dryly, before quickly walking over to the targets location. Hopping up onto the steps, she reached out and grabbed the girl's arm, leaning in close Kari hissed in her captive's ear, "Resist and you'll regret it, young lady."

She wasn't surprised when the blond glared at her, fury and fear shining in her eyes. Dragging her back up on stage, Kari shoved her toward the floor, harder than was truly necessary. She didn't show any sign she heard the hostage gasp of surprise and pain; instead Kari watched calmly as the Lightside disappeared and there seemed to have been a reduction in heartless; not that it was extremely obvious. Without looking at Sazh she asked in an offhand manner, "So, do you think we'll be able to convince the remaining citizens that keybladers are dangerous?"

~- I Could Be Senseless -~

Ven gave chase to the boss heartless, only to lose track of it after it disappeared around a corner. Growling in frustration, Ven felt the flare of anger coil through him, the darkness lurking just beneath the surface beckoning and calling to him. Dismissing its summons, Ven looked around him, there where no heartless here; just civilians and fighters trying to protect the civilians. Sighing in frustration, Ven turned to leave until something caught his attention, turning back around he cautiously made his way toward it, curiosity getting the better of him. Ducking down an alleyway, Ven's eyes scanned for anything out of the ordinary.

Hearing a soft giggle from somewhere, Ven looked around him, trying to find the source of giggling. "Hello, is someone here?"

"Is someone here?"

Frowning at the mocking voice, he adjusted his grip on Lost Memory before he continued walking along, eyes scanning his surroundings. Sensing something behind him, Ven spun around to see that nothing was there; yet why did he feel like something was watching him, waiting for the smallest opening to strike? Rubbing his arm and brushing it off as him being paranoid, he froze as he sensed someone behind him again and heard the giggling again. "You're scared, aren't you?"

"I'm not scared!"

Cringing at the laughter that rang out around him, Ven wanted nothing more than to turn and run from this place. He didn't know what or even how, but whatever he was talking to, it wasn't right. Whipping around as something sneaked up behind him, Ven felt a surge of panic when the space was empty again. Feeling something slam into his back, Ven stumbled forward a few feet. Whipping around to see that no one was there, Ven quickly spun around and ran in the opposite direction, adrenaline pushing him forward until he was out of the alleyway. Not bothering to slow down, Ven continued running until he was forced to stop because he couldn't run anymore.

Putting his hands on his knees, he took in several deep, shaky breaths as his eyes took in his surroundings. Spotting Aqua, he smiled weakly as he made his way over to her. Feeling exhausted, Ven looked her up and down for any obvious injuries and asked, "How are you holding up? Where's Vesper at anyway?"

~- You Were The Blanket Holding Me Tight -~

Serah ran through the trees, stumbling as her feet found rocks or tree roots. Hearing the sound of feet running behind her, the twelve-year-old felt a scream start building in her throat. Stumbling again, she threw her hands out to try and catch herself if she fell. She quickly decided she hated this world, whichever one it was. Her eyes snapped from side to side, trying to find an area where she could duck off and hide in. Hearing a twig snap behind her, Serah pushed herself to run faster, despite her muscles screaming that they hurt and they wanted a break from running.

"Claire!" She called, hoping that maybe her sister was nearby so she'd hear her.

After several seconds with no answer, Serah felt the disappointment settle in again. No one had seen Clarie, and she was positive that if she was here, someone would've seen Clarie. Serah squeaked in surprise as she went sprawling to the ground, looking over her shoulder to see what had caused her to trip, she felt her heart jump into her throat as the monster stalked closer to her. Scrambling to her feet, she yelped as she tumbled back to the ground; feeling the pain radiating from her ankle she whimpered softly.

"Fly away!"

Surprise springing to her eyes, Serah twisted around to she who'd spoken. The monster was gone, and a blond wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans stood in front of her. The first thing she noticed were the two daggers he was wielding, which made her recoil and stare at him in fear, the second thing she noticed as the tail the blond had. Curiosity overriding her fear and caution, Serah reached out a hand toward his tail and was shocked when her fingers brushed it and touched the soft fur. No way, it's real! She shouted mentally, grinning in spite of herself, she flinched as he spun around and snapped, "Don't touch it!"

Backing away from him, Serah wrapped her arms around her knees and looked away, a quiet sob escaping her. "Wait, please don't cry! I didn't mean to yell, it's just people have this uncanny habit of pulling on it because they want to see if it's real." The man explained quickly, approaching her to see if he could do anything to help her. Sobbing, Serah brushed away her tears and looked up at him, trying to get her emotions under control so she didn't lose it in front of a stranger.

"My name's Zidane Tribal, what's yours sweetie?"

Looking at him uncertainly, Serah said cautiously, "Serah Farron."

The warmth in his eyes and smile chased away her fear and uncertainty, replacing it with a warmth she hadn't felt for the past couple of years. Taking his extended hand, Serah pulled herself to her feet and nearly fell into him. A frustrated look coming to her eyes, she glared down at her ankle like it was to blame for her klutzy behavior, which considering how swollen it was...it probably was to blame. "Come on, let's get you fixed up and then we can talk." Nodding in agreement, Serah limped after him and was glad that they didn't have too far to go to get to the next town.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
~Into the Frying Pan~

Cam gritted his teeth in annoyance when more Soldiers kept replacing each other, regrouping and assualting him from all angles. Making it much more diffcult to be the hero, having to double his efforts in protecting the girl behind him; that he had went through all that trouble of rescuing. Using his left arrow gun to deflect the flying bullets being fired by Soldier, he watched small sparks fly off of his arrow gun and the bullets fall away, hoping none of them strayed and grazed any allies of his. "I've about had it with the lot of you!" He complained, lifting his right arrow gun up and getting ready to pull some heavy whoop ass of magic on all of them until... A streak of silver flew past him and knocked four pairs of Soldier away from him.

"What the-?!" He exclaimed, looking off to the side to see a silver colored wolf look up at him, growls coming from its throat and giving him a pointed look to get going.

"I don't get what's going on," Cam smiled thoughtfully, "Should we ever meet again, I'll have to properly thank you."

With that said, he turned to see how the girl behind was faring until he noticed some Soldiers had manage to separate him from her. "Tch...Damn it!" He quietly cursed beneath his breath, having trouble fending off more bullets and watching the girl be spoken to by a woman; who didn't look like she was there to assist either of them.

More feet thunder his way, coming to a direct stop and forming a circle around his person. A frown etched it's way onto his face, as he took one long look at his perdiactment; growing angrier at the sight of Soldier completely surrounding him with their guns pointed at him. "Put your hands up!" One of the Soldiers had spoke up, shifting their gun rifle and looking ready to pull the trigger.

However, one of the Soldiers had snuck up behind him; using the blunt edge of their gun and swung it into his head; the sound of the gun smacking into Cam's skull was loud enough to cause cheers amongst the group of Soldier. All the while, searing pain at the back of his head made Cam growl, his green eyes burning in pain, becoming unsteady on his feet but, refused to give into blacking out. After a few heartbeats later, did the Soldiers stand there in surprise when Cam hadn't fallen down yet.

"What the hell? Do it again, Soldier!" Exclaimed one of the other look alike Soldiers surrounding him.

The Soldier standing directly behind Cam drew the gun back, then with enough muster of strength did the gun swing fall forward again; until a hand caught hold of it and stopping the blow. Each Soldier had a look of astonishment when they saw Cam had grabbed hold it; startling the Soldier behind him, causing him to panick and try to pull the gun away. Except it held fast.

"Where you think your going?" Cam spoke darkly, half of his face covered in shadow, slowly a malice grin could be seen; causing fear to make its way into some of the Soldiers hearts.

No one spoke. Even with the chaos around them, they were too transfixed on Cam standing there to look away. Jolting in shock when Cam drew his head back and laughed to his hearts content. Cackling darkly and stopping mid laugh, staring intently at all of them.

"All I wanted, was to find my brother and not put up with this crap. But no, you guys got in my way, taking an innocent girl and throwing her to the sharks...and now..." Cam drew all the air into his lungs and roared out "I AM PISSED OFF! YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG GUY!"

Flipping both arrow guns into the air, he grabbed each by the handle, crossing them across his body and pulled the trigger. A blast of aeroga sent the Soldiers flying back, some of them into the ground while others smacked into lower beings of heartless and walls of fallen buildings of Midgar. Oh no, Cam was nowhere near down with the cowering Soldiers crawling away from him. With each step he took, the Soldier lying before his feet scrambled to get up but, Cam wasn't about to have that. The blunt of his arrow gun connected forecly into the Soldier back, causing a groan of pain to come forth and with his other arrow gun; did Cam pull the trigger and a small jet of flames appeared.

"Any last words before I fry you to ashes and stomp on your remains?" Cam growled out, ready to put an end to his problems and held the arrow gun dangerously to the man beneath him.

"Yeah! How bout you back off, before we fill your body full of bullets!" One of the Soldiers spoke up again.

Cam twisted around, spotting the Soldier that had spoken and smiled menacingly; his arms lifting up and away from his body. Some of the Soldiers moved uneasily at the sight, shifting on their feet as Cam stood there looking completely harmless and made no move to stop them. "Try me."

Unknowingly to the Soldiers, they didn't feel the magic penetrate the air as Cam casted Gravity. Stopping the bullets in midair, leaving his body unharmed and with a raised arrow gun, did he pull it back; mimicking their actions and watching the bullets move in reverse. Knocking each Soldier back, leaving them out of commison.

"Anyone else want to fight me?" Cam called out.

~Time is of the Essence~

Kaze took one look at the situation and decided he had no real reason to be here. Even being powered hungry as he was, he could wait until he was called upon by the Leader of Hikari. Slashing his Keyblade forward horizontally through the air, a corridor of darkness opened up and he slipped through. "Another time, I'll return and see what havoc I can cause amongst you people of Light." With that, he was gone and making his was to another world.

~A helping hand?~

Trisha gazed about wildly, watching everyone fight one another and playfully cocked her head to the side. "You'd think a little lady like me would draw some attention," She sighed, leaping in on the action, twirling around constantly as she sliced through some wandering heartless and took on the Neoshadows running straight for her.

"I don't taste good," Trisha said, "Not for silly heartless like yourselves."

She held onto both dual blades fast, deflecting some of the blows from the first Neoshadow she encountered, the edges of her blades becoming jagged and slicing the Neoshadow to ribbons. Noticing the heartless weren't nearly as strong. With a cheerful smile, she vanquished it in one blow to the chest and notice the heartless were lessening.

"I wonder of that woman I encountered earlier took care of her partner?" Trish said thoughtfully, watching a boy with blonde hair come running down an alley way across from her, coming to a stop and bracing himself; speaking to a blue haired woman Trish didn't notice before.

Last edited:

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
~Location: Orsanian Realm; Planet Tuurkalumys~

The sun rays were hot enough to add further scorch marks to the already barren wasteland Irritum and his apprentice gazed upon. Heat would have caused any normal man to sweat profusely in this type of climate but Irritum was able to use magic to counter the heat. He merely used the effects of blue mana to draw any moisture from the air directly near his person and cause a cooling effect.

For a sage such as the Azure One a day on the Heartless Planes could still be considered more dangerous. One simple reason for this was the fact that the Heartless Plains were crawling with their namesake...HEARTLESS. A request from the city across the plains had entailed taking down a horde of three heartless species that had been making it difficult for others to travel from the forest nearby that led out onto the plains. The forest itself was also full of monsters and heartless but Serah and Zidane hadn't seen anything yet. The duo had yet to escape the forest and move on the Heartless Plains where Irritum, Vento and Serana were located.

Tuurkalumys was a world of peace makers. Recent localized attacks of heartless across the world had been causing one disaster after another; the people of such a world didn't like to fight which was why for many years there had been no conflict there. A recent discovery of a material dubbed orsanite was the cause of these happenings. The mysterious elemental compound held both astral energy and forces of darkness within it. People wanted to use it to increase the effectiveness of machinery and knowledge on Tuurkalumys.

Far too many experiments on animals, humans and other types of creatures had gone wrong, the element had been draining the hearts and souls directly from the bodies of whomever or whatever was experimented on, thus forming heartless that ate hearts and formed more heartless. It was almost like a zombie apocalypse. The only real difference was that most of the heartless formed didn't have a desire to eat flesh; an emphasis on most made the situation more dire than ever. Irritum and Serana had been on Tuurkalumys for months dealing with outbreaks of heartless all across the planet.

Creatures that had been dismantled of their very hearts didn't care who or what you were, Irritum had known this for longer than he wanted to admit to anybody. "These heartless are definitely getting smarter guys. I mean they're even trying to team up to take us out." Irritum spoke to his apprentice, Serana. He called out to her to watch her back, scorpion heartless were coming her way. "Geez, this girl...I have no idea how she has lasted this long in those heels."

There were two other types of heartless present, the first being hawk heartless which were scouting the skies and sending down small bolts of darkness to power up the second type; panthers. Such creatures were very agile, already Irritum had found himself flipping over the body of one panther and using his keyblade to perform an assault on another. Using blue mana made the task even more fun in Irritum's opinion, he'd taken out several heartless at the same time, the smaller scorpion heartless were immune to the bio effects that his keyblade applied but their bodies were easily knocked into various claw attacks that each panther heartless was able to perform. In fact it seemed to be their favorite method of attack.

"Serana, didn't I tell you to pay attention!?!?!" Irritum swapped out his Key of Lament and materialized his other weapon from literally nothing. One second Irritum's hand was empty and the next he held in it a dark staff with a glowing sphere at the top. "Come and get me..." In the distance Irritum saw that Vento was now tearing apart the aerial heartless and with his outburst Serana kicked a scorpion in the face, the long heel of her stiletto penetrating the head. "Hahahaha."

Orbs of ruin fired from the tip of his magical staff Ananda, exploding around a group of three panthers whom had given chase after him. Their bodies were wracked with pain from the combination of damage types the ruin spells had produced. Each pink burst of magic linked up with the ruin spell next to it and spread outward in a miasma field. Using the first tier of the spell apparently wasn't completely effective, the largest panther heartless jumped from the ruin zone where its allies had been killed. "Oh my, you're a mad kitty aren't you??" Irritum's eyes radiated with an intense blue light that got brighter with each second. He didn't seem to be rattled by the panther charging his way.

With only inches to spare and the panther opening its mouth to pounce, Irritum still didn't move, falling backward as the panther started to chomp down after plowing into Irritum. "They don't call me the Azure One for nothing." A thick stream of blue mana shot out from Irrium's open eyes, the panther was killed instantly as the optic blast tore into the heartless' mouth and then continued to stream out, blowing the heartless' head clean off...

Shinra

Banned
Awards
-Die,Die,Die! Stubborn Cat!-

Deadpool smirked as he nailed the large leo heartless time and time again with his burning keyblade as wheels of flame injured the Leo heartless. Lightning had taken out the other smaller attacking heartless and he smiled as he thought Lightning would make for a good sweetheart for 1.0 I believe... they'd be perfect for each other!

Shut up Deadpool! focus on the fight! What if we die hunh? What then?!

Geez... calm yourself down will you? Don't you let Cloud out in your rage... He thought as he blocked a charging bite attack from the large Leo. He charged forward and detonated creepy-crawly fire as he dodged right toward the capcized arm that was now limping. The fire caused it to tumble back in the other direction to avoid the rest of the spell but Deadpool knew what to do as he smiled... "We're having barbecue lion heartless tonight people!" He then forced his midair feet and jumped at an angle toward the tumbled heartless and then went right into a midair flipping slam with both hands on his keyblade as he said: "This move was inspired by an attack from persona 4 arena: Labrys's Midair Guillotine Axe." and he landed on his feet in a crouch as three pillars of fire streamed right into the heartless. And he stood up as he looked at the heartless. Was it dead? He turned his back to look at the other heartless streaming toward Lightning. But that was his big mistake... He was slashed in the back by the claw of the leo who was still alive. He landed on his hand as he turned around and the anger rose in him. "You persistent pest of a kitten!" He charged forward with his emotion driving him as he unleashed dark haze and followed up with a swift 3 hit combo to the skull but the Heartless roared and Deadpool jumped back... thinking it was some sort of attack. Sure enough it was charging something above it's head.

No Deadpool! Don't give in! You'll let him out!

"I DON'T CARE!" He said as a dark aura surrounded him... "Random attack time! Dark step!" He charged again for the heartless as it charged what seemed to be a ball of pure dark energy and Deadpool took this chance to sever it's throat but the head began lowering too quickly and the dark orb fired at him but Deadpool blocked it and with the force of his rage deflected it away.

It was then that Cloud had come back and with a larger dark aura and an smirk on his face as he said: "Command style: Blazing might." And his commands had swapped immediately with his commands; Ars Solum, Sacrifice, and Limit storm.

The Leo tried to pounce on Cloud but he jumped backwards just enough to look into it's eyes. "Hmph... you call yourself a heartless? barely worth my time..." He turned away from the heartless and started walking away back towards Lightning. The Heartless leaped forward to slash him in the back like last time but this time it didn't work. He blocked the claw with his arm, leaving fresh claw marks on it. And the fire in Cloud's eyes was lit. He kicked it back with great force and sent it flying backwards about 12 feet and when it landed it still had the strength to get up again. He ran towards it dragging his keyblade on the ground then thrusted forward and said: "This is the end!" He charged in and black petals danced out from his black and crimson keyblade, dealing five consecutive blows... "I know this is overkill but who cares!" He spun once horazontally then did a flipping spin attack that sent the heartless chin first into the air. then Cloud leaped up and slammed undying resolve in between the eyes of his foe. He saw the heart fade out of the body of the heartless as he landed.

"It's good to be back..." He said as his smirk turned into a mere smile...

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
---------------------------------------------------

The panic filled screams of the people throughout Midgar, which at first had been an ear ringing mass, had now been reduced greatly with the arrival of SOLDIER handling the ever depleting numbers of the Heartless. Watching as the giant of light was further snared and twisted by the ever growing tendrils, the masked woman stood watch, even when the Lightside erupted and disappeared in a powerful display of its power, incinerating the dark tentacles completely and causing them to fade into dark ash which now littered the street where the giants were. The light seemed to radiate outwards in the giants wake, and though it wasn’t as powerful as being at ground zero, the energy was enough to destroy any of the lesser Heartless that found themselves out in the open as it passed.

Raising her staff in front of herself, the tendrils that continued to sway and squirm from the clasps on its head suddenly flared once more, growing to impressive lengths as the tentacles wrapped and thickened around themselves, forming a barrier between the woman and the approaching light. After Corbenik’s last display of power ended, the tendrils, now covered with scorch marks due to the power, slowly began to heal before retracting back into whatever pocket dimension the staff must of held within itself, at least a thought from those who wouldn’t know better.

As the staff moved out of her sight, the bright purple glow from behind the mask watched as the quickly approaching figure flew from the city and soon came face to mask with the figure herself. Images suddenly appeared again within not only the woman’s mind, but possible that of Reforge himself. Images of a massive and ancient city that could easily rival any other, while the appearance of Darksides descending upon it appeared to be too much and would be the end of the city itself, especially with only a lone figure standing before the creatures.

Though there was only one, that one figure, with staff raised high, showed no fear and defended her city from the giants of darkness, though even her impressive magic was put to the test against them. A fist of light was soon to change that, as a creature, rivalling the massive Darksides in appearance but still shorter, connected its large fist and took on two of the giant Heartless itself.

The aftermath of the battle had the creature of light soon fade away, leaving behind a robed man to speak with the staff wielding woman. From that moment on, it seemed the two met many more times, and many of which were clearly in happier circumstances than the first time they met.

"Are you serious?? DANU!?!?! IS THAT YOU UNDER THAT MASK!?!?!?" Spoke Reforge once the thoughts finally connected in his mind, staring at the now weathered and faded emerald mask that rested on Danu’s face, the brief glimpses of her skin in the light of the setting sun clearly much more sickly and dark than normal.

Good Evening, Lord Reforge. We am honoured you would remember us, especially after so long.” Danu said, clutching the large staff tightly as she moved it to the side to better look at Reforge more clearly.

When she spoke, though her voice came out clear, with the same dictation and tone as any person who grew up to be a queen would have, a powerful second presence echoed with her words, layered and twisted with her own speech with the combined and mix-matched voice of a thousand people, both men and women.

We would believe it is quite hard for you to think we are real, what with your abandonment to us.” As she spoke, allowing her words to seep into Reforge the longer he was there, scenes of destruction flashed through the minds yet again.

Scenes of the once magnificent city tumbling in on itself, with the arrival of the greatest gathering of Heartless ever at that point in history, and of the lone masked figure who stood at the highest point of her kingdom as she continued to battle the creatures of darkness, even as they swarmed below her like an ocean. Such carnage and darkness was soon gone with an all consuming sphere of light from the woman’s staff, taking with it not only the Heartless and darkness, but everything, leaving nothing but a crater as the end for the spell.

Well, we are very much real. And we, are quite displeased.” With that said, Danu’s grip on her staff tightened as the hill itself began to rumble and finally quake violently beneath the two figures just before the large chunk of soil and rock began to rise behind the masked Danu, coming down directly towards the floating Reforge with as much force as a colliding comet. The eruption of earth as the slab smashed into thousands of pieces showered down heavily once they had been thrown into the air seconds before, acting as a brief screen between the two mysterious beings. While one moment Danu stood in view of Reforge on her side of the raining rock and soil, it only took another to see her opening a large tear once again and finally another moment to just see her stepping through into the mist covered realm that lay through the now closing tear, the brief glimpse of her rage now in the form of the butchered hill and comet collision of earth.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
These few past months have really been something for Vento. He'd always tried to make the best of a bad situation, and the overwhelming feeling of Heartless everywhere was definitely a bad situation. Even despite the fact the planet that he, Serana, and Irritum were on is, most of the time, a peaceful planet, even it wouldn't be immune to the gathering of Heartless. With such a place on the planet being named Heartless Planes, Vento was quite sure there will be times where the Tri-Force would have to fight the heartless here and there. At the very moment, it is one of those times and this place is one of those places of fighting time.

As Irritum and Serana were fighting a Panther and Scorpion-type Heartless, Vento was graciously gifted with the aerial-type of heartless. Vento wasn't mad at all. If anything, he was ecstatic. His prowess was of wind and being in the air made him feel even better about this. However, this heartless would not make it easy for Vento. For one, this heartless was quite big...and fast. However, Vento was also quite fast and he would display just how fast he is. The bird-shaped heartless came at Vento from below in a vertical attack, and Vento, who was floating in the air via the wind currents, just side-stepped the bird heartless. In a simultaneous motion, Vento gathered lights amount of wind around him into the form of a miniature tornado that had thus surrounded him. In one graceful roundhouse kick, Vento had not only separated the heartless from its head, but he had also completely demolished it with pure wind.

As Vento has finished off the heartless, he gently let himself to the ground, landing on one foot. His landing made no noise as the wind allowed him a graceful landing. As he did so, he was just in time to see Irritum completely tear the shit out of that heartless. Vento just smiled at that. "So, we all done here or are we going to kill more Heartless?" Vento's tone was between the lines of uninterested and bored. He definitely didn't want to waste his time doing tedious tasks such as killing Heartless. He'd rather take a nap or some shit like that.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
~Not going anywhere~

Sazh watched in satisfaction as his captive was recaptured and brought back on the stage. He smiled down at her and received a glare in response. Amused by her childishness (because really it was her own fault for getting caught to begin with) he looked over at Kari as she stared at the crowd and the heartless that should have gone away by now.

"So, do you think we'll be able to convince the remaining citizens that keybladers are dangerous?” she asked

“If this doesn’t do it then nothing will” he replied “when the fighting stops I have a speech to give that should not only drive the point home, but also give them some hope to. Which is where this little flower comes in” he nodded down at his captive, who had been inching away only for him to lazily shoot the spot in front of her, causing her to jump and retreat back to where she was.

“Seriously girl i’m not going to hurt you” he replied “I promise, your going to live to see tomorrow”

He wasn’t even lying to her either, she was of no use to him dead. He simply omitted the fact that the day AFTER tomorrow was fair game and he had no idea what the locals would do to her after he blithely handed her over to SOILDER when he was done showing off the reason why keybladers were about to lose the game.

They’d probably execute her or something, but that wasn’t his problem.

~A step behind~

They were almost gone.

Amanda wiped sweat off of her brow as she killed a neoshadow, not sure how many of the heartless she had slain. Going from reuniting with her cousin to traveling through a dark corridor to a brawl with heartless on Midgar, the whiplash was enough to make her head hurt just thinking about it. She had thought that the calvary arrived with those people from SOILDER had shown up in their helicopters and swinging around their large swords and guns, but she saw how they had taken away the girl, Harmony, and thrown her in front of the leader of Hikari. She had watched as they fought the boy who (according to his scream) just wanted to find his brother. They were the bad guys even through they fought the heartless and Amanda had been taught to never work with the bad guys. Well actually she’d been taught to avoid any situation involving teamwork in general because more often than not the person who offered their assistance to you in your desperate hour of need either wanted something from you or was planning to stab you in the back later on. It was a pessimistic way of thinking but Master Crowley had brought a mountain of examples, everything from recorded feeds to historical literature to a few newspaper comics, and she had taken his words to heart. Even if she didn’t follow them all the time.

But she was now.

“Are you hurt Ma’am?” one of the Soldiers asked

“Well I do have this pain in my...”

The man in question pushed her aside to tend to a woman behind her, who was nursing her ankle and glaring daggers at Amanda.

The keyblade wielder backed away from them, biting back a sarcastic remark, and looked around. The heartless were mostly gone, the stragglers being taken care of and the troops that had come to aid them were tending to the wounded. Provided that the wounded didn’t have a large key in their possession. Amanda scanned the area for her master but couldn’t see him anywhere. Nor her cousin for that matter. She sighed and winced as pain shot up her side, where she had received a nasty clawing. She wished activate regen but was out of magic for the moment thanks to multiple stop spells being cast to halt the attacking creature in its tracks. Damn lion. The magic was coming back to her, at a moderately quick pace, but she needed to get the wound looked at soon before it infected.

The dark skinned man stepped forward and spoke, voice magically amplifying so that all in the area could hear him.

“Thank you keybladers. Thank you for protecting the town and saving us from the heartless, we are clearly in your debt”

His voice was dripping with sarcasm as he made a show of looking around the area, an area torn apart by the battle with the heartless. An area filled with the injured. They had done what the could, but it seemed that in the end, it wasn’t much.

“Citizens of Midgar, don’t worry. SOILDER has arrived to look at your wounds and get you to the medical centers, they can take you to your families and keep you safe if anymore heartless, or keybladers, show up. Speaking of which, you’ll be proud to know that the person who started this battle” he looked over at the now trembling girl beside him “is in your custody”

Hazen Gregory

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Shock was one of the immediate emotions that Reforge felt as he had listened to Danu. He should have known the entire time that she had been the causing a lot of the chaos. In the past she'd never been an evil individual but Reforge had been aware that she had been a person whom was susceptible to various dark forces. Clear as day he could recall fighting beside her and the sickness she'd come down with merely from being expose to so many heartless at the same time. Danu's obvious infusion with a dark being had changed her being to something Reforge barely was able to recognize but even so his use of magic to ascertain the nature of objects, people and other forces was uncanny.

“Thank you keybladers. Thank you for protecting the town and saving us from the heartless, we are clearly in your debt” Reforge's eyes opened and flashed with rage upon hearing the words of the dark skinned individual. Just what was with this guy?? His intentions were pretty clear to Ref after a single glance. In the days to come there would be one problem after another, this was how world changing catastrophes always started.

Reforge, now having moved from the area where Danu had destroyed the hill, was nearby the girl who stood shaking in a grip of fear. Reforge was annoyed with the situation. He felt like people were fairly clueless as time passed. Not only had the town been ravaged by the forces of darkness and heartless which were beings that keyblades were made to destroy with a focus far more extraordinary to other weapons, in reality the keybladers including himself should have been thanked. They had done quite a bit to help make the situation and if not for them things could have been much more horrible. "You're right," Reforge said, glaring at the man and then shutting his eyes. "You should be thanking us. If we weren't here Danu would have destroyed everything and everybody around here." As a keyblade master that had experienced many situations where there were those against keybladers, sometimes the only thing you could do was what was set before you by your heart. "People like you are simply foolish, your hearts aren't made for the strain that wielding a keyblade could even put on it but alas I'm not going to stand here and argue."

Midgar had been badly damaged by the heartless attack, originally when the darkside had first arrived it had smashed through many buildings and destroyed various structures beyond repair. Such damage was extensive and the people of Midgar had taken just as much damage as the town itself. Many civilians had had there limbs ripped apart or even eaten by heartless as they had no way to defend themselves. "Regardless of fools like you who would seek to tarnish further the name of keybladers along with others in this place who agree with you, my compassion isn't going to falter."

Reforge smiled at the girl, "Geez, you look scared as hell. Don't be, these guys aren't taking you anywhere." A flash of light enveloped the girl, spiraling around her body before she was just a white silhouette, Reforge had his hands clasped together, there were also particles of magical essence rapidly circling his body too.

"Magic of creation and restoration, spill forth from the white expanse and reform what has been lost, stringing together the bonds that have been torn asunder and misplaced." As Reforge spoke his body rose into the air several feet per word, his voice boomed so all could hear just as the man's had. All the while his body slowly became a white silhouette that radiated with a pink aura. "Reforge what has fallen and build up the framework into an extension what has been taken away." Different colored lights were now circling Reforge's silhouette form, splattering him with color and seeming to alter his very appearance.

A flash ensued from Reforge's position when he called out, "FULL RESTORE!!!" Anybody in Midgar could see the very colors inside the city drain completely away, leaving the city look like a monochrome husk of what it had previously been. They could also see that any destroyed item or structure was rebuilding itself whether it be a fence, a useless arm, or the hill that Danu had blasted apart upon exiting the scene. The output of magical force displayed by Reforge using this kind of spell was grandiose, citizen's were immediately healed left and right. Only those that had obtained scratches and inconsequential wounds weren't healed, they could be mended to in other ways.

After all was said and done, the magic from the full restore spell still lingered, some of the larger objects being mended were slower to be completed but nonetheless Reforge's magic had been effective. "Whoa. That took quite a bit out of me." Reforge sighed deeply and rubbed his temples before looking to the girl sitting levitating just beyond his personal space. It was obvious he had her under some kind of spell to render her body into an unconscious state. Reforge had used a huge portion of magic casting full restore and done even more by allowing his spell to recreate his human form.

"Looks like I'm done here," Ref turned and walked away, "Where is that oddball Renn at??" Even with soldier still around, Reforge showed no signs of worry. As usual his eyes were closed and a serene expression graced his facial features.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
-A worthy opponent-

Cloud's eyes flared at the mention of one of the names he shared with the other consciousnesses in their body.

"Renn you say? might you be talking about that coward who only uses stalling attacks to take his foes down?" He said as he walked down towards Reforge. He had sensed a great upheaval of power come from this individual. "Are you the Reforge I heard of? I saw your power through Renn's eyes... now I have to say that was impressive... converting that darkside? wow and then healing all the badly wounded individuals as well as restoring this city... just astoundingly impressive... I think I might have found myself an exceptional rival... oh I forgot to properly introduce myself... I'm Cloud... the third and easily the most powerful persona that resides in my body's consciousness."

He smirks as Undying resolve appears in his hand. His weapon turned ebony and crimson

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
~Renergized~

Cam scowled in disgust when, none of the Soldiers he taunted move to attack him again. "Pathetic. All of you are pathetic and a waste of my time." Without a care in the world, Cam turned on his heel, letting his back face the Soldiers laying on the ground in a heap; not bothering to worry about them making any sudden movements on him again. His green eyes falling on Reforge assisting the girl from earlier, and hovering high in the air; lighting up like the sun. Instinctly, Cam lifted up his hand, using the back of his hand to cover his eyes from the blinding light. "What's going on?"

Once the light dimmed down, Cam whistle in appreciation. "Damn. I didn't know this guy had so much power to heal an entire city!" Lifting his arms up in the air, he crossed them behind his head and leaned back a little. Out of the corner of his left eye, he quietly watched the Soldiers he dealt with get up and leave. There was no ill intentions coming from behind him and he let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding. Shifting his green eyes forward again, Cam wonder why Reforge left the girl suspended in the air surrounded by light.

Of course, that thought was broken when, someone broke the silence a few yards away, and addressed Reforge. "Things finally settle down, and the first thing you want to do is fight?" Cam merely shook his head, staying completely out of this. Waiting to see if, anyone else showed up. Several questions popped into his head; as he moved to sit atop of a railing.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Climb So Fast To Fall Again -~

Kari watched the Heartless get driven back slowly, but she truly see it; her fear was making her scan the crowd for her friends. It wasn't hard to pick out Sora and Mandie, nor was it too hard to pick out Renn. Taking a step backward, she glared at the Heartless that got in her face before she snapped her hand out and shouted, "Shadow Barrier!" Feeling the shadows jump at her call; Kari smirked slightly as the Leo heartless clawed at it before it got sent flying backward from the force of the barrier shattering at her command of, "Shatter!"

“If this doesn’t do it then nothing will. When the fighting stops I have a speech to give that should not only drive the point home, but also give them some hope to. Which is where this little flower comes in.”

Looking around at the damaged buildings for a moment longer, Kari turned her attention to Sazh; not fully interested in the chaos anymore. Blocking the stray heartless that attacked her, Kari tried to sort through her words. Then, before she was aware of it, there was only the remaining traces of the fight that remained; damaged buildings and injured civilians being the biggest telltale signs. Stretching, Kari looked around to see how everyone had done. Nodding at Sazh, Kari jumped down off of the stage; stumbling slightly as her weak leg hit first.

Dismissing it, she made her way through the combatants and citizens, searching to see if anyone still needed healing. Stopping suddenly, she spun around in a tight circle, trying to pinpoint the sound of someone sobbing softly. Urgency driving her forward, Kari gently started pushing people out of the way, not caring if she made someone mad from the way she was moving them. Catching the sudden of them again, Kari nearly bolted when the noise sounded closer to her.

"Kari!"

She heard her name being called, but it didn't matter to her. Looking around frantically, Kari distantly registered that her head started swimming from the fast change. "Nonononono! Where are they?" She hissed frantically, before she caught the sound again and bolted off to the right, growing more and more urgent the louder the sound grew.

Reaching an area, she started shoving the debris out of the way, and after a few minutes of digging; found what she was looking for. Bending down, she looked at the teenager (but no pointy ears) that sat crouched in the debris; dusty and scared, but for the most part uninjured. Kari didn't even think about it, reaching out a hand she brushed away some of the dirt as she stared at the young woman. Concern flashing in her eyes, Kari listened as the teen asked pitifully, "Where are my parents? They said they'd be right back! Mom! Dad!"

Looking back at the sixteen-year-old. Kari felt her heart break again. How was she supposed to tell this teenager that her parents weren't coming back? That she was an orphan now? Shaking her head mentally, Kari forced a smile and said gently, "I'm sure your parents just got a little tied up, how about you come with me and we'll go find them?" Watching as the teen nodded before she climbed back to her feet, smiling weakly, Kari got back to her full height and reached out and took the teen's hand.

"Come on, let's get going and find your parents. What's your name?"

Kari watched the teen through a stern look in her direction, a stubborn fire burning deep in her red eyes as the sixteen-year-old retorted coldly, "My parents called me Esperanza, I have no idea why though." Looking at the young woman in concern, Kari tried to figure out what could make the girl feel so bitter about her name. An idea coming to her, Kari said reassuringly, "I think it's a pretty name, Esper." Watching as the teen glared at her, Kari raised her hand and continued, "The worlds could use a little bit of hope right now, and I think you're the girl for the job."

Smiling in satisfaction as a grin spread across Esper's face, Kari was even more relieved when the ice and bitterness melted away. "Come on! Let's get going!" Esperanza chirped, before she took off running straight back toward the center of the rally. Grinning, Kari followed after her at a decent clip so Esper didn't get too far out of sight. Reaching the center stage again, Kari reached out a hand and pulled Esperanza toward her, keeping her hidden from the others even as Kari scanned the crowd for anyone that'd go after the teenager. Shock went through Kari as her mind finally registered that the buildings had mended themselves, apparently she'd been so focused on finding the source of who'd been crying earlier that she'd blocked everything else out until right then.

~- Would I Share What I Saw? -~

Zidane kept glancing over his shoulder, checking on the girl that was walking behind him before he focused ahead of him again. It'd be a shame if she'd gotten hurt, or more than she already was as Serah kindly reminded him via of the whimper she let go. He spun around and looked her up and down, searching to see what was wrong before his eyes darted to her ankle. Frowning as he took it in, Zidane shook his head and asked gently, "Would you mind a piggyback ride?"

Catching the huff from Serah, Zidane chuckled as she vigorously shook her head before she stalked off. "Okay, okay! A piggyback ride's out!' He laughed, before he jogged after his hot-tempered friend; and it didn't take too much effort for Zidane to catch up to her. Reaching out a hand to steady Serah as she stumbled, he tilted his head to the side in concern. "Are you sure---?"

"I'm fine!"

He cringed at the wail, knowing that he may have finally pushed her berserk button; Zidane raised his hands in a nonthreatening manner and said, "Whoa, easy there; there's no need to fight, right?" Before she could answer, Zidane motioned for Serah to be quiet as he unsheathed one of his daggers before he carefully made his way toward the edge of the woods. Crouching behind a tree, Zidane wasn't too surprised to feel Serah come up next to him; before she too crouched down in the grass. Shaking his head, Zidane peeked around the edge of the tree and watched the group of fighters taking on Heartless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back