• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Girl Meets World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Welp finally got bored enough to watch my first episode aaaaaaaaaaaaand....all I can really say is "not bad". It definitely gave the same vibe/feel the original show did, Cory's still the same, the small scene was Feeny was feelz abound, and the episode were their phones was taken really reminded me of the old show and it having a type of lesson/point to make.

Whether it'll maintain that or not, I'm not to sure as of yet. Plus given the present Disney compared to the older Disney that ran BMW I wonder if this newer show will even last long enough to get as good as it's inspiration.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I wanted to like this show, but it's only three episodes in and I have half of a mind to drop it. I don't know if Michael Jacobs and April Kelly don't give a shit anymore or are pressured by Disney to make it like their style of comedies, but it does not even have that same feel that the first episode of GMW had. I'm disappointed too cause it had so much potential. It still does, but the little brother of Riley's is just diddlying annoying. And what kind of name is Oogie? diddlying hell Disney, what are you doing? >_>

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wanted to like this show, but it's only three episodes in and I have half of a mind to drop it. I don't know if Michael Jacobs and April Kelly don't give a shit anymore or are pressured by Disney to make it like their style of comedies, but it does not even have that same feel that the first episode of GMW had. I'm disappointed too cause it had so much potential. It still does, but the little brother of Riley's is just fucking annoying. And what kind of name is Oogie? Fucking hell Disney, what are you doing? >_>
That's disappointing to hear. Only seen one episode myself but if that's as far as the BMW feel goes then derp forget it.
Yeah I don't even know why they added the brother. >_>

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
WEll, don't let me not really liking it change your possible opinions about it. I'm just saying for me it's not turning out how I hoped it would.

Also, I get why they added the brother. Cory had a younger sister and at the start of Boy Meets World, she was around the same age that Riley's little brother is, but I just think it's way too "disney". Idk, maybe it's just me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
WEll, don't let me not really liking it change your possible opinions about it. I'm just saying for me it's not turning out how I hoped it would.

Also, I get why they added the brother. Cory had a younger sister and at the start of Boy Meets World, she was around the same age that Riley's little brother is, but I just think it's way too "disney". Idk, maybe it's just me.
I was on the fence already so your opinion isn't so different to mine at current. I still intend to at least see one more before gaining a fuller opinion.

I feel the brother was unnecessary personally. The relationship just doesn't feel the same as Cory & Eric's to their sister. Perhaps the "too disney" thing.

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I wanted to like this show, but it's only three episodes in and I have half of a mind to drop it. I don't know if Michael Jacobs and April Kelly don't give a shit anymore or are pressured by Disney to make it like their style of comedies, but it does not even have that same feel that the first episode of GMW had. I'm disappointed too cause it had so much potential. It still does, but the little brother of Riley's is just diddlying annoying. And what kind of name is Oogie? diddlying hell Disney, what are you doing? >_>

Dude, if you remember anything about the first season of Boy Meets World, this new show is A LOT like it. Boy Meets World got more mature along the way, by the time they reached high school. I don't expect it to be as good as the original show of course, but clearly the shows target audience is not 20 yr old kids (the same way the first season of the original show wasn't). And if you compare it to other show on Disney channel this show is 10x better AND a worthy sequel imo.

fyi, the name Augie (not Oogie) is short for August.

Augie - meaning of Augie name

What kind of name is Topanga?

Or Minkus or Farkle. I just think the names are chosen to fit with the personality.

Death

Your #1 Bruh
I was watching the show and the first episode threw me off but the second and third episodes gave me the feeling of the original. Hopefully it keeps up the trend and I can't wait for the special guests to start rolling in.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Okay, so I watched the *very* first episode of Boy Meets World, and I gotta say, both series are alike. The pilot episode isn't anything amazing like the rest of the series is, and Topanga isn't even in it (Shawn is in it, though at a limited capacity). Is it bad that I laughed at more at Girl Meets World than I did in this pilot?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Okay, so I watched the *very* first episode of Boy Meets World, and I gotta say, both series are alike. The pilot episode isn't anything amazing like the rest of the series is, and Topanga isn't even in it (Shawn is in it, though at a limited capacity). Is it bad that I laughed at more at Girl Meets World than I did in this pilot?
Nah I wouldn't think so. It took time for BMW to get the claim it did or as funny.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It took time for BMW to get the claim it did or as funny.

Exactly. That's why I don't get why people are complaining about GMW. BMW took time to get where it was. Because Disney Channel shows only get 3 seasons, I don't think it will get as good as BMW, but GMW just started airing. It'll probably get better...at least, I hope it does.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Exactly. That's why I don't get why people are complaining about GMW. BMW took time to get where it was. Because Disney Channel shows only get 3 seasons, I don't think it will get as good as BMW, but GMW just started airing. It'll probably get better...at least, I hope it does.

It's mostly nostalgia to blame for the hate so far.
If 3 is all it gets then no it would be as good. Have to hope it keeps going like BMW did so it can be good.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It's mostly nostalgia to blame for the hate so far.
If 3 is all it gets then no it would be as good. Have to hope it keeps going like BMW did so it can be good.

Everyone will start praising it once we see the old characters and forget how much they hate it lol.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Everyone will start praising it once we see the old characters and forget how much they hate it lol.

lol Probably. I myself have mostly watched it to see old characters. Wanting Eric to appear. xD

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
lol Probably. I myself have mostly watched it to see old characters. Wanting Eric to appear. xD

So far, Minkus, Corey's parents, Eric, and Shawn are set to return. I also hope Mr. Feeny won't only appear in the pilot. I have no clue if he is alive or dead.

Gram

Banned
Awards
So far, Minkus, Corey's parents, Eric, and Shawn are set to return. I also hope Mr. Feeny won't only appear in the pilot. I have no clue if he is alive or dead.

Sweet! Totally looking forward to Eric and Shawn. Me too, Mr. Feeny was awesome. ='[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back