• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Girl Meets World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueKey777

Banned
Now this is one series I'm always going to watch! I'm a huge fan of boy meets world and it was hype to hear that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are part of the main cast!!

Gram

Banned
Awards
Now this is one series I'm always going to watch! I'm a huge fan of boy meets world and it was hype to hear that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel are part of the main cast!!

Its definitely got promise and as mentioned on the page before older cast will appear from time to time as well. Sadly Mr. Feeny has only appeared in one short scene though. ='[

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
So after catching the most recent episodes, I am so far unimpressed. The only good scenes at all in my opinion are the ones with Cory in it :c

I'm going to give the first season a chance though before I decide on whether or not to drop it

nxtgarnett5

When I watched the first episode, I felt like they were trying to hard to be like the original, they had one "sad moment" and then the whole "making my own world" or whatever, I felt like they just tried too hard. I haven't had time though to catch up on the episodes after that so I hope it has gotten better.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I didn't even realize this was finally out. I'm scared to try it.... Part of me wants to live in my world where they will just bring the actual boy meets world back...

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I don't know why I'm so critical of the sequel. I mean, it's tackling the same issues that BMW did. I'm liking the story they have with Maya. I think they're addressing it in a really interesting manner; especially since it's on Disney Channel.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I don't know why I'm so critical of the sequel. I mean, it's tackling the same issues that BMW did. I'm liking the story they have with Maya. I think they're addressing it in a really interesting manner; especially since it's on Disney Channel.

I'm surprised Boy Meets World got away with some of the stuff it did, there was quite a bit of talk about some more mature subjects such as sex and whatnot. Does GMW seem like it can really pull the same thing off? I mean, Disney seems way different today than it used to

Gram

Banned
Awards
Does GMW seem like it can really pull the same thing off?

It does compared to BMW's first season or two. It wasn't until Cory reached middle/junior school and higher that the much more mature things came in on a regular basis.
Heck I remember one halloween episode of them in college, I think college, were people kept dying (cue actual "they killed kenny joke") and when Cory took the mask off the killer it was himself.
Deep shit that episode man.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm surprised Boy Meets World got away with some of the stuff it did, there was quite a bit of talk about some more mature subjects such as sex and whatnot. Does GMW seem like it can really pull the same thing off? I mean, Disney seems way different today than it used to

Simple. Boy Meets World was on ABC on fridays. Sure, it was part of the TGIF, family-friendly block, but it was on a network channel, so it could tackle the deep issues that it did. For Girl Meets World, it's on Disney Channel and it's blatantly addressing divorce. I mean, it's not even trying to hide it and Disney seems to be on-board with it.

It does compared to BMW's first season or two. It wasn't until Cory reached middle/junior school and higher that the much more mature things came in on a regular basis.
Heck I remember one halloween episode of them in college, I think college, were people kept dying (cue actual "they killed kenny joke") and when Cory took the mask off the killer it was himself.
Deep shit that episode man.

I remember that episode. It was a Halloween one, it was a detention-centered episode. and it was Cory who was the killer; it was Shawn.

Also, wouldn't it be pretty wicked if Maya's dad is Shawn. would open up doors about how he ended up on being like Jecht.(dunno the proper spelling of his dad's name).

MegaCore5

Awards
Its definitely got promise and as mentioned on the page before older cast will appear from time to time as well. Sadly Mr. Feeny has only appeared in one short scene though. ='[
Mr. Feeny ( the actor) is still alive?! Dang that guy must be really old now! Shawn is promised to get an episode or two as well!

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Already? Wow, the TV ratings must be pretty good.

That's kind of nice that this type of show is still relevant to kids.

I think the major player here is that you can watch each episode on Disney's new app. Nickelodeon should take notes.

Also, it isn't just kids who watch it. A bunch of fans from the original series are giving it a go as well, including me. I haven't watched anything on Disney channel since the first season of Suite Life of Zack and Cody, but this show not only brings back memories of Boy Meets World (the recent episode actually includes a flashback), but of a time when Disney Channel actually produced quality shows.

Wow that is fast. Hopefully it lasts as long as the original and reaches it's level of quality.

There's only a select few Disney Channel shows that surpassed 3 seasons. I think the only show I can remember that got more than that was That's So Raven, which had a hundred episodes despite the "65 episodes" rule. Hopefully GMW can reach that level of popularity.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I think the major player here is that you can watch each episode on Disney's new app. Nickelodeon should take notes.

Also, it isn't just kids who watch it. A bunch of fans from the original series are giving it a go as well, including me. I haven't watched anything on Disney channel since the first season of Suite Life of Zack and Cody, but this show not only brings back memories of Boy Meets World (the recent episode actually includes a flashback), but of a time when Disney Channel actually produced quality shows..

I think Disney Channel had its best years, non-cartoon, between 2000 and 2007. Within those years, we had the wonderful shows of That's So Raven, Lizzy McGuire, Even Stevens, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Phil of the Future(event though it didn't last that long :( ).

Also, was it just me or did this weeks episode really remind me of that Boy Meets World Episode where Cory was invited to that geek party? I mean, obviously they took a different turn, but it had the same concept of it all at the end of it. That just has me worried that we'll see similar concepts from BMW episodes in GMW. :/

Gram

Banned
Awards
I rather enjoyed tonights episode. I've only been watching them here and there but I made sure to see this one cause of nostalgia. Seeing Shawn and Cory's parents was great. I liked when Shawn met Farkle. His first words was "Minkus?" xD

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm with Gram. It definitely was one of the better episodes so far. I'm not just saying that cause Shawn and Cory's parents were in this week's episode. It actually had some of the best writing thus far.

Anagram

Banned

This single episode, nye this single moment, made my week.

-------------------------EDIT--------------------------------

IT'S HERE! WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY HERE!!!

girl-meets-world-cory-eric.jpg

Has anyone else seen the episode?

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

This single episode, nye this single moment, made my week.

-------------------------EDIT--------------------------------

IT'S HERE! WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IS FINALLY HERE!!!

girl-meets-world-cory-eric.jpg

Has anyone else seen the episode?

I honestly haven't been keeping up with the show but I saw those pics of Eric and I thought "I need to see this episode!" xD ....Still haven't though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back