• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future Kingdom Hearts Theme Song

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I actually wouldn't mind KH using some J-Rock. Sora is growing up, maybe it is time for the theme to have a more mature sound, like Alice Nine or AKFG.

i always thought it was mature, or did you mean that in a different way?

Sempied

I like the idea of AKFG, but the whole J-Rock doesn't seem good in general for the series.

I'd like someone like LiSA, KOTOKO, or even Rungran.

WaveK89

Whatever the case, I do like how Yoko Shimomura can pull off an excellent orchestra/instrumental piece off of Utada's previous music. Perhaps, she could make a piece of her own for the theme. Sure, it won't be lyrical, but I think it could work.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Utada in her career, has only done a good few songs. Simple and Clean is one of them... and there's some that wasn't in Kingdom Hearts that were also good. But I'm glad Utada is gone. She's gone stale and talentless imo over the years.

Get School Food Punishment on. A bit of Electronica won't go amiss for future KH releases.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
I seriously wished that Fate of the Unknown would be the theme for BbS.

Get some power metal on. Sonata Arctica's "Broken" could be the theme.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I want UTADA back!
She's perfect for KH!
I think that no one else is better than UTADA for KH!

Wow, closing off other options before even giving them a try. =/

Seriously, there are a lot of other Japanese musicians out there that could do it. And there's a good chance that one of 'em could do a better job at it than Utada.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Hikari and Passion, in fact Simple & Clean was the first song I ever really got into as a kid, but you gotta respect Utada's wishes: she's not in KH anymore, and has stated her reasons why. Either everyone who's been trolling about Utada can accept that and respect her choice or you could just continue to troll about it.

Personally I think Yui has a good voice; she did the first opening theme for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (the song's called Again) and that series has ties to Square-Enix, so it's not a stretch to imagine. There's also the woman who did the song Sora-Iro Days from Gurren Lagann. Darker moods than Utada, no denying it, but that seems to be the direction the series is heading, so it makes sense to have the music reflect that.

s1naruto

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Whatever the case, I do like how Yoko Shimomura can pull off an excellent orchestra/instrumental piece off of Utada's previous music. Perhaps, she could make a piece of her own for the theme. Sure, it won't be lyrical, but I think it could work.

This is probably our best option. Besides, instrumental can often be better than lyrical.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
This is probably our best option. Besides, instrumental can often be better than lyrical.

The problem is, however, that if you have a lyrical song from a popular singer in your videogame, it can go hand-in-hand. Fans of 'x' singer would take an interest in the game, whilst fans of 'x' game will be interested in 'x' singer.

Plus I bet Square will get 'shares' out of it.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
a little uncalled for, but it's the same concept, you don't like the idea of a new singer, so you saying no, even though hikari left disney, what are you going to do? stilll say utada should same kh songs or bring in a new song?

I personally wish that Hikaru would do a new song for KH but I know that's not going to happen.
I would hate if they got someone else, i'm not gonna lie about that because I love her music as much as I love KH. But I would still give a new person a chance even if someone else did the theme as long as the quality is good but if it could happen, I would want for Utada to come back.

Just wondering, why did you get so defensive over that? I wasn't really trying to start anything I was just saying that I wish Utada would come back imo.
(Also, I'm just responding now because I got back from an all nighter fund raiser so I wanted to reply before I fall asleep.)

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
i guesss you could call it defensive, in these forums i have a tendencies of explaining my thoughts in detail in case someone misunderstood me

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I wouldn't mind if they got Leona Lewis for the english version of KH3. She did good for FF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back