• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Frozen II - November 2019

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Disney's Frozen - French Poster

talk about an entrance
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don't care what anyone says, Elsa looks fabulous here.

Gram

Banned
Awards

^ The words "I'm fabulous" is all that gif is missing. lol

Last edited:

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

[video=youtube;hdv0wt-hTGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdv0wt-hTGQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

What is it with Disney labeling their fantasy films with titles like 'Tangled' and 'Frozen' nowadays? It's not a problem for me or anything, but I'm curious.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What is it with Disney labeling their fantasy films with titles like 'Tangled' and 'Frozen' nowadays? It's not a problem for me or anything, but I'm curious.

Marketing strategy to attract both a male and female audience in America. "The Snow Queen" or "Rapunzel" makes it feel very female-oriented.

Note that "Frozen" and "Tangled" is only used in America and Canada. "The Snow Queen" and "Rapunzel" are the names in other countries, mainly because Disney's international branches don't have that issue with the demographics.

It is also why America got the comedic teaser and every other country has gotten the teaser with the characters.

It's dumb, honestly.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

They are afraid that titles that allude to princesses or girl's names will drive away boys from the cinemas. So they make their titles as abstract as they can.

Specifically for Frozen, Disney is trying to replicate Tangled's success. So you have a CGI musical with similar characters and character designs, an abstract title etc

EDIT: Spockanort was faster

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Marketing strategy to attract both a male and female audience in America. "The Snow Queen" or "Rapunzel" makes it feel very female-oriented.

Note that "Frozen" and "Tangled" is only used in America and Canada. "The Snow Queen" and "Rapunzel" are the names in other countries, mainly because Disney's international branches don't have that issue with the demographics.

It is also why America got the comedic teaser and every other country has gotten the teaser with the characters.

It's dumb, honestly.

Indeed.

*sigh* I suppose what matters in the end is the quality of the actual film itself.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Re: Disney's Frozen - French Trailer & Posters

Well it's not really a problem, everyone still knows what the movies are based on. It's funny how they never seemed to have this problem back in the 90s.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Re: Disney's Frozen - French Trailer & Posters

It sounds and looks like a good movie! Sounds like I know what I'm going to go see with my older nieces... xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Disney's Frozen - Character Stills & Details

Bunch of stuff this morning! Character stills with descriptions!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Source: Yahoo!

Gram

Banned
Awards

Wow that quite a bit for one morning. *o*
For some reason I can't help but take a liking to Marshmallow xD
So the reason the sisters aren't as close anymore is cause Elsa's magic nearly killed Anna.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Great to see the characters. I'm glad Anna doesn't look as much like a Rapunzel rip-off like we initially were lead to believe by the fake posters.

Elsa's description makes her sound more like a victem than a villain, wonder where they're going to go with this.
I wonder how big the roles will be fore these other newly introduced characters will be.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The more info that comes out, the more certain that this film won't have a traditional villain. The Duke of Weselton seems like he'd be the type to rally people together to "take down the evil Snow Queen", though.

I feel like I knew about the thing between Elsa and Anna...Maybe from some closed-doors event info about Frozen earlier this year/late last year.

Oh! New interview!

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

The more info that comes out, the more certain that this film won't have a traditional villain. The Duke of Weselton seems like he'd be the type to rally people together to "take down the evil Snow Queen", though.

I feel like I knew about the thing between Elsa and Anna...Maybe from some closed-doors event info about Frozen earlier this year/late last year.

Oh! New interview!

That was an interesting interview, after reading it I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this movie. Also I think the Interview made it even more clear she won't be a traditional Disney villain. Also it doesn't really sound like the original Snow Queen tale, which could be interesting.

Shogo-Kun

Awards

Out of all these characters, I'm really liking Marshmallow and Sven.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Oh! New interview!

Decent interview, has made the story catch my attention even more. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out with it's not so traditional villain.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Kristen Bell? Now Im gonna have Assassin's Creed on my mind /jk.

Nice to see Alan Tudyk after Wreck-It-Ralph and Idina Menzel is always good.

Back