• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Nice chappy. ^^ Twas very explanatory, and I like the cliffy at the end. Makes me eager to see the next chap. =D Keep up da good work!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hi!

Give me a sec, Sorasheart, I'll go read it soon! ^-^

Thanks Soradude, but which question didn't it answer? I'll answer for ya!

Thanks Mega, it's probably the first cliffy in a long time!

I have serious writer's block right now, I'm nearly finished the whole thing but I'm trying to think of a good ending... Argh!

Chapter Fifty-Nine

Stepping out of the shadows, a huge, shining sword held in one hand, he shook his head of long, black hair. It was getting in the way, but he’d have to wait to move it. It was Ryu. He stood tall, arrogant and aggressive in his stance. His eyes narrowed as he examined Sora and Riku. A half-smile formed on his face.

Sora stood silently, looking Ryu up and down, taking this all in. Riku did not wait to see what he’d say, wanted to get the first word in.

“Oh, and I thought I’d never see your ugly mug again!” Riku laughed sarcastically, mocking him. Ryu didn’t seem to take too kindly to this. His smile dropped, replaced by a glare. Sora gave Riku a sharp elbow in the ribs, tried to shut him up.

“I thought you said we had to be careful around him!” Sora whispered to Riku. “What are you doing?!” Riku smiled back.

“That was before you broke the shield down,” Riku smiled, eyeing Ryu’s every move. “I think you could take him!” He was confident in his best friend’s ability, believed he’d have a chance against Ryu. Sora’s jaw dropped as he stared at the mountain of a man before him.

“No way,” Sora whispered back, shaking, as Ryu began talking again.

“You little rat,” Ryu sneered at Riku, “I shoulda killed you when I had the chance.” He scowled at him, before turning to Sora. “You’re Sora?!” He laughed loudly, looking him up and down, examining his thin frame. “Kinda scrawny lookin’, ain’t ya!” Sora frowned, clenched his fists. He wanted to summon the Keyblade, but decided against it. He didn’t want to start any fights. He looked up to Riku, who laughed again. It seemed he was trying to antagonise Ryu further. He sighed heavily as Riku began his verbal assaults again.

“Scrawny?” he repeated Ryu’s words, almost in disbelief again. “You gotta be kidding me. Sora destroyed your pathetic shield.” Ryu shook his head, rolled his eyes at Riku.

“Really?” he looked back to Sora again. “Then wait ‘til Mikado gets his hands on you. You won’t look so tough then, punk.” Riku gave a smile, scoffing at Ryu’s words. Sora stayed quiet, trying not to instigate any fights.

“Please,” Riku sighed, dismissing what Ryu had said. “Sora’s here to stop him, and there’s nothing you can do about it. Isn’t that right, Sora?” He looked down at his friend, who did not seem so confident. His expression seemed to be the opposite of all Riku had said. Riku groaned, slapping himself on the head as Ryu burst out laughing at Sora. His laugh was loud, obnoxious.

“Damn, you’re a joker, kid,” he snorted, a wide grin on his face. Pointing at Sora, he raised his voice to a shout. “That scrawny little kid couldn’t beat us if we were blindfolded.” Sora’s frown grew into a scowl. “The others are out lookin’ for your so-called friends.” Tired of being mocked, Sora wanted to stand up for himself.

“So why are you here?” he asked, trying to look tough in front of Riku. He tried to mimic the way he intimidated Ryu. He‘d always looked up to Riku‘s strength. “Did you forget where they went?” Ryu smirked at Sora’s pathetic attempts, laughed loudly again.

“Jeez,” Riku breathed to himself, quietly embarrassed at Sora’s words. He quickly raised his voice again, tried to regain control of the situation. “Yeah, at least we have friends. What about you? You’re here ‘cause the others didn’t want you there.” Ryu scowled.

“No,” he insisted, trying to defend himself. “I’m here to stop you little rats gettin’ away. An’ that’s what I’m gonna do.” He held his sword up from the ground, rested it on his shoulder. “Besides, I’m sure you’ll wanna see your friends one last time. Ain’t that right, eh Sora?” He cruelly grinned at Sora, looking him in the eye. Sora stood still, quietly thinking this over. He looked up at Ryu with wide, innocent eyes, filled with a sudden fear.

“Last… time?” he whispered, suddenly afraid. “What do you mean, last time?” He took a step forward, but Riku grabbed his arm to stop him growing dangerously close to Ryu. “What are you gonna do?” Ryu gave a cruel laugh.

“An’ I’m gonna tell you… why?” he smirked, thinking he‘d be clever with them. “Anyways, we know you’ll stay if they’re comin’. After all, who’d protect little Kairi if you weren’t around, Sora?” Sora’s eyes widened, his heart pounded, his rage grew inside him. “If you guys left, she’d never get outta here alive.” Like all the other members, Ryu knew that Kairi was Sora’s biggest weakness, and so exploited this as much as they could. He’d changed the subject just to include her, and mess with Sora’s head. It was working.

“What about Kairi?!” Sora shouted, paranoid. He was afraid the words ‘last time’ were referring to Kairi. Again, he was making the fatal mistake of showing his weaknesses. “What are you gonna do to her?” Riku jumped in front of Sora, turned to hold him by the shoulders. Riku could see through the threats, but Sora could not.

“Ignore him, Sora,” he whispered, looking Sora in the eyes. “He’s only doing this because he knows you’ll want to defend her. She’ll be fine if we leave, trust me! I care about Kai just as much as you do, I wouldn‘t do this if I wasn‘t sure!” Sora stood a moment to think, all the while looking at Ryu’s vindictive grin. He shook his head slowly, his eyes still fixed on Ryu’s face.

“I trust you,” he whispered back to Riku, “but I can’t take any chances with her, it‘s too risky.” Blinded by the thoughts conjured up by Ryu’s words, accompanied by Kairi’s haunting screams, he couldn’t bring himself to leave. “Kairi and the others are heading here anyway, I know they could turn up any time now.” Riku nodded, stood by Sora again. He wasn’t going to leave without Sora, regardless of whether he thought he was right or wrong. “I’m not going anywhere.” Ryu nodded, hearing Sora’s louder response.

“Good choice, brat,” he grinned. “See, things are easier when you come quietly.” He heard a shout from a while away. “Speak o’ the devil. I think you got company.” More footsteps followed. A figure appeared in the darkness.

He was thin, his skin lily-white. His eyes were sunken in, his cheekbones jutting out from his shrivelled face. Almost looking like a ghost, he stood, back arched, next to the comparatively huge Ryu. He wore a long, black coat with a high collar, hiding the bottom half of his face. His bald head peeked over the top. Like all the others, he wore huge leather boots. Sora quietly wondered how he could even lift his feet. He was so thin and bony, like a walking skeleton. Without a sword, he had no means of defending himself. He stared coldly at both Sora and Riku, then turned to Ryu.

“We are leaving to find her,” he hissed. His voice was grating, irritating. “Tell Mikado of this.” He seemed to draw out each word, making it longer than necessary.

“What are you gonna do to Kairi?!” Sora shouted, interrupting him rudely. The man turned to Sora immediately, with a sudden sharp jerk of his head. He could move much faster than expected. Surprising, considering how frail he looked.

“Silence,” he shushed Sora loudly. A disapproving scowl formed in his wrinkled face. He looked at Ryu again. “How did he get out of your shield?” Ryu blushed a little, stuttered a fast response to defend himself.

“H-he, uh, broke through it,” Ryu explained sheepishly, nodding at Sora. “Seriously, Jinn, that kid’s a nightmare.”

“I see,” he growled. “Your shields are terrible, Ryu. I knew we should have used mine instead.” Jinn held out a single arm. Sora and Riku felt themselves hurtle back, hit the floor a short distance away. He approached them, clicked his thin, knobbly fingers. “That should hold them. I’ll send the girl when we find her.” With that, he left, along with a now grinning Ryu.

Sora ran towards them, but crashed nosily into an invisible wall. A shock surged through his body, much stronger than the last. He dropped to the ground, a tingling sensation burning through him. Riku sighed heavily as he watched Sora struggle back to his feet. He summoned the Keyblade, tried to break through the walls, just like he did last time, but came crashing to the floor again. Determined, he tried again, time after time, trying desperately to break free. Nothing worked, but he did not stop trying. He had to escape. Knowing they were after Kairi was so difficult for him, he just wanted to find her, keep her safe from harm.

Hope you like it, it's a little shorter than usual... They get longer, though ^-^

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Phwee, it's good. ^^ I thought that Jinn would try to mess with Sora's head vis Riku...of course, it's not like he doesn't have enough problems. Does Jinn jave to do anything special to shape-shift? Does it have anything to do with him looking like a ghost? Why didn't Ryu just knock Sora and Riku out, as opposed to all that arguing (for lack of a better word)?

soradude

I think i know what jinn will do, "I'll send the girl soon as we find her" :eek:hmy:

My unanswered Question: Why was riku locked in a cage all beaten up, but he has a sword?

Great chapter snow, 'tis truely awsome :thumbup:

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Y'know, I should hold a KH:TFF Q&A session :) I love questions.

IchigoNeko, I'll answer your question with a quote...

snowdog said:
He’s as strong as Mikado, too, but he’s nowhere near as smart ... kinda like a big dumb ox.

He's a little too slow to think of that ^^;

Soradude, Riku was pretty much the underdog. If he fought, it would be a five-on-one battle... not a good idea, no matter how strong he is... -.-

Thanks for all the awesome comments ^-^ Sh im playin kh2, you're so right. My teachers are like that too... at least I have two weeks to enjoy my freedom.

Anyway, on with the chapter.

Chapter Sixty (... wow!)

Sora spent the next few hours banging on the walls of the shield, slowly getting more and more exhausted with each strike. He had dismissed the Keyblade, seeing as it had not worked after an hour of trying. Riku had almost given up trying to dissuade him from his escape attempts, as his encouraging words had fallen on deaf ears. Sora simply would not listen, was too concerned with the thought of Kairi, knowing she was in the grasp of the New Generation. Who knew what had happened to King Mickey and the others, they had not even been mentioned by the man he’d suspected to be Jinn. Sora hoped they were safe somewhere as his clenched fist sent more sparks through the air with each strike. Riku stood up, the cold mist circling his legs.

“Come on, Sora,” he sighed, striding towards his friend. He put a warm hand on his shoulder. “You’ve been trying for hours and haven’t gotten anywhere. You should get some rest.” Sora silently shook his head, continuing to punch at the walls. He was in a trancelike state, his eyes pale and his movements lethargic. Riku rolled his eyes, sighed again. He was tired, wanted to rest a while, but was too concerned for his best friend. “Do it for Kai, Sora. She needs you.” His spirits lifted as Sora slowly got to his feet. He watched, relieved as Sora took a few steps away from the wall. It seemed his words had worked.

Not for long, as Sora turned, threw himself at the wall. The electrifying buzz surged through his body, suspending him in mid-air a moment. Bolts of lightning shot off in all directions. His body then dropped to the ground, the mists swirling as they hovered over his still body.

“Sora!” Riku fell to his side in a panic. There must have been a huge amount of electricity inside the invisible wall, and he was afraid that it had caused Sora some serious damage. He knelt beside Sora, lifted his head onto his knee to support his shoulders. Riku heaved a sigh of relief as he felt Sora’s heartbeat. “You had me worried there.” Sora gave a small nod, his eyes tightly closed. “You seriously need some sleep, or something.” Sora shook his head weakly.

“I can’t,” he said quietly, his breathing heavy, “Kai’s out there with them, I can’t just sit here knowing that.” Riku sighed again. He admired Sora’s dedication, but knew there really was nothing he could do yet.

“And you think I’m not worried either?” he asked, rhetorical. “I don’t just wanna leave her like this, but I know we can’t get out of here, no matter how hard we try. Jinn isn’t weak at magic like Ryu. We won’t be able to leave this shield until he gets rid of the spell, we can’t just break through like last time. You can’t go wasting your energy like this.” Sora sighed, opened his eyes. His eyelids drooped a little, showed just how tired he was getting. “I told you, do this for Kai.”

His attention wavered as he heard footsteps, approaching them. They echoed through the empty shadows, small splashes accompanying these periodic thuds. Getting louder and louder with each step, a figure emerged from the darkness. Ryu was back. He seemed to be carrying something. As Sora looked up, it became clear what he was carrying. Kairi. Ryu did not speak, simply gave a malicious smirk as he threw her into the shield, their prison. Riku scrambled to his feet, caught her body as she fell through the cold air. Taking a last look before disappearing into the shadows, Ryu smirked again. Sora pulled himself onto all fours, crawled over to Riku.

On his knees in a small puddle of icy water, Riku stared at Kairi, unable to speak. Blood dribbled from her heavy head, her body lying limp and lifeless in his arms. Dry blood was caked on her bluish lips. He tenderly cradled her, admiring her beautiful face, her crimson hair tumbling down over his forearm. He was surprised at how small she seemed, as she used to be so tall for her age. Now, she looked so small, so fragile before him. It was strange to see her like this, lifetimes away from the happy, vibrant young girl he’d grown to love. Fighting back tears, reluctant to show his emotions, Riku held her still body closely, holding her tightly in his arms.

Sora felt his body shaking, trembling as he looked at her. He could not bring himself to speak, paralysed with overwhelming fear. He raised an arm to touch her soft skin, find a pulse, a sign of life, anything.

There it was. A slow, but steady heartbeat, gently pulsing away in her chest. He took off his coat, placed it down on a dry area on the ground. He helped Riku ease her down onto it, wrapped her in it to keep her warm. She was alive, that was the main thing.

“W-what happened?” Riku whispered to her, his glassy eyes fixated on her drained face, lost of all its energy. He’d never imagined a reunion like this, not even in his worst nightmares. “Kai, what have they done to you?”

“Last time…” Sora whispered, repeating Ryu’s words. “This was what he meant…”

Now frantic, he fumbled around in his pockets, fishing around for anything he thought could help. He remembered that Donald had given him a special potion to be used in emergencies. This was his emergency. After sending rolled up bandages across the floor, he luckily managed to find it. A small bottle, containing a very small amount of fluid. The glass was a purplish colour, with a small brown cork stopping it up. Quickly removing the cork, he tipped her head to one side, pouring the drops of liquid into her mouth. He threw the empty bottle to one side, hearing it smash against the wall of the shield.

“What is that?” Riku asked, after watching Sora’s every move.

“A healing potion,” Sora explained quietly, his eyes fixed on Kairi. “Donald gave me it a long time ago, to use in emergencies. I just hope it works.” He tried to remember all the advice he’d been given, racked his brains for anything else he thought could be useful.

“How long will it take?” Riku questioned, hoping she’d be fine soon.

“I can’t remember,” Sora sighed, his hand slowly caressing her cool cheek. “I think an hour or so.” Riku sighed heavily, running his hands through his hair. He was desperate to help her, wanted to do anything to make her better. He couldn’t wait that long, wanted her to be alright now.

Rage erupted inside him as he kicked a rock, smashing it in two. Completely infuriated, he threw his fists at the sides of the shield, hearing the crash of the electricity as it swelled through his hands. He felt nothing, was numb. He let out a loud shout of frustration, his anger getting the better of him. He’d never felt this helpless and irate in his entire life, wanted revenge. Kairi was just an innocent young girl, what could she ever do to deserve this? He didn’t even want to think about what they’d done to his ‘little sister’, just knew there was no way he’d let them get away with it. Dropping back down to the ground, he searched for a stone, anything to hurl against the wall, let out his anger. Finding a large stone, he stood back up and hurled it against the wall with all his might. Sparks flew as it cracked off the invisible wall. It did not ricochet, it shattered into tiny pieces. He fell to his knees, punched the stone floor.

“That’s not gonna get you anywhere,” Sora whispered from behind, “and it sure isn’t gonna help Kai.”

Riku looked over his shoulder, saw Sora lying by her side, his arms wrapped around her. He was holding his coat around her, trying to keep her warm in the cold, dark shadows. He lay close to her, his body pressed against hers. She was freezing cold, and Sora was using his body heat to warm her. One hand was curled up to lovingly touch her face, let her know he was there, strands of her red hair falling over his fingers. Riku looked at them sheepishly, realising his mistakes. He stood up.

“I know,” he sighed, taking slow steps over. “I’m just frustrated, is all.” He sat down at her other side, feeling a little guilty at letting his anger control him. “Seriously, those guys are gonna pay for this.”

“Definitely,” Sora nodded in absolute agreement, but spoke quietly. “But we can think about that later. I just want to think about Kairi now.” Riku reached down to touch her skin.

“She’s a little warmer,” he smiled faintly, trying to give Sora some encouragement. It worked a little, Sora seemed to raise a weak smile.

Riku could see how much she meant to him now, realised Sora’s true feelings. He watched as Sora felt her forehead again. His heart sank as he saw the sudden fear in Sora’s eyes, his hand shaking as he drew it away from her face. She was quickly cooling down again, he knew he had to do something to help her. Sora rolled onto his stomach, still pressed up against her. He lifted himself up a little, leaned right over her body. He wrapped his arms around her, held himself up over her. He left just enough room for her to be able to breathe comfortably, but also made sure his body heat would be able to reach her, warm her. His back arched, his elbows resting on the floor, his upper body held in this difficult position, Sora knew he’d be in for a long, painful hour, but it was worth it, as long as it helped Kairi.

So... yeah. C&C is welcomed, as are questions ^-^ You guys rule!

<3 <3

.:Mega:.

Awards
Nice chappy. I jsut hope that poor Kairi survives. =( That New Generation must be made up of jerks, for sure. Nice cliffy too, as it left me wondering about what's gonna happen to Kairi along with where the heck Mickey and the others are.

~Mega

IchigoNeko

Wow...it was great, snowdog. You only answered one of my questions though. *prod* How did Kai get seperated from Donald, Goofy, Taiko and King Mickey? If she didn't, why didn't they throw them in there too? Were they afraid Donald might break the shield?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hi everyone :)

I know, 60 chapters O.O I had no idea KH:TFF would last so long!

IchigoNeko, read this chappy. It answers your question ^-^

*Dances the happy dance with Soradude*

Chapter Sixty-One

Sora closed his eyes, bit his tongue as the cramp in his arms got worse and worse. Still arched over Kairi, he was beginning to get tired. After forty-five minutes of holding the same position, his arms had become numb, and he felt as though he’d never be able to move his spine again. His elbows seemed to be stuck in a bent position, over the cold ground.

“Only fifteen minutes,” he reminded himself, “do this for Kai.”

At least his efforts were working. Her skin was back to its usual healthy pink glow, her body nice and warm. Hopefully she’d wake up soon, an hour after Sora had given her the potion. Riku sat a distance away, watching helplessly as Sora tried to keep Kairi warm. He’d stayed quiet for all this time, fearful of distracting Sora, making him fall. Seeing the pain in Sora’s face, he stood up and took slow steps over. He crouched next to him, deciding that he could maybe take his mind off the intense pain.

“Come on, it’s not much longer now,” Riku encouraged him. Sora smiled a little, recognising his efforts. Riku racked his brains for something else to say, tried to think of anything else he could say to engage Sora’s mind. “So… uh…” Nothing was springing to his mind. “You and Kai…” Well, it was something to say, he thought, and he‘d been wondering. “Are you two, uh…” Sora had to think for a moment to realise what Riku meant.

“Yeah,” he smiled weakly. He would nod, but he did not dare to move, afraid his arms might give way beneath his weight. He looked under his arm, back at Riku, who seemed to have a blank expression. Sora had always wondered whether Riku was just protective over Kairi, or whether he felt something more. He‘d hate for this to upset their friendship. “That’s alright with you… isn’t it?” Riku gave a single nod.

“Y‘know, I always knew you liked her,” he replied, “and she liked you.” Sora felt guilty at Riku’s indirect answer, worried it was a well-disguised ‘no’.

“But… do you love her?” Sora whispered, quite worried now. The last thing he needed right now was to feel like he was hurting Riku’s feelings. Riku widened his eyes, realising Sora had gotten the wrong idea.

“Of course,” he smiled, “just not in the way you’re thinking.” Reading Sora’s thoughts, he wanted to set the record straight once and for all. “I love her. I just want her to be happy.” Hearing Riku’s heartfelt emotions, Sora realised just how much Kairi meant to him. He loved her too, but in a different way.

“You‘ll never have to worry about that,” Sora raised another weak smile, taking a glance at Kairi‘s face, before looking back down to the ground.

Riku grinned, stood up. He put his hands in his pockets, slowly paced around the floor, felt tiny stones clicking beneath his feet. All this waiting was horrible. He paced around Kairi, took a look at her face. It was no longer pale, her lips no longer that awful bluish colour. At least all the blood had been cleaned up now. She almost looked as though she was merely sleeping. As if she’d wake up at any moment. Hopefully, she would.

He was not sure whether it was his foolish mind just playing tricks, at first. But as it happened more and more, he realised he wasn’t just imagining it. Her closed eyes were tightening a little, then relaxing again. Her lips moved a little, then stopped. She was starting to move, showing signs of conscious life.

“Sora,” he whispered. “I think… I think she’s waking up.” He couldn’t move his eyes from her.

“Nah,” Sora sighed, sadly dismissing his words as wishful thinking. “It’s too early, she still has ten minutes.”

“No, Sora, really!” Riku’s eyes darted to her gently twitching arm. “She’s waking up, I’m sure she is!”

Sora could feel her arm moving a little, heaved himself from his fixed position over her. He sat at her side, gently massaging his arms, trying to return the feeling. Riku fell to her other side, watching her like a hawk. Sora leaned over, touched her cheek. His shoulders ached as he moved. She was still warm, much to his delight. Her eyes fluttered a little at his touch, then she slowly woke up. She looked up with dozy blue eyes.

“Kairi!” Riku shouted at the top of his voice, overjoyed to see her awake.

Startled, she flinched, still not entirely sure of what was going on. At first, she thought she’d gone blind, after staring up into the infinite darkness looming overhead. She felt a little safer after Sora and Riku leaned over, their faces up close to her own, although Riku’s shouting had scared her at first.

“W-where am I?” she whispered, stuttering, her voice quaking. She looked up at them with her round, blue eyes. They widened as she recognised the face before her. “Riku?” She blinked, unsure of whether she was dreaming. Sceptical, she looked around for Sora, looked to him for reassurance. Sora nodded, smiling back at her. He was overjoyed to see she was alright, but knew she and Riku deserved some time to be reunited properly. She felt another warm, friendly hand taking her own. Looking up, she saw Riku, his face beaming.

“Shh,” Riku smiled, “you’re with us now, you’re safe.” He stroked her hand gently.

“It’s really… you, isn’t it?” she murmured, gazing up at his face. He looked so much older now, so much more mature, yet he had not changed at all. He still had the same aqua eyes, the same brazen grin fixed on his sharp face. “I… I can’t believe it!” She sounded as though she was half asleep, her words quiet, drawn out, and even slightly croaked at times. She could barely move, her body exhausted, but Riku could see the joy in her eyes.

“It’s good to see you, Kai,” he leaned down to give her a hug, tightly holding her delicate body close. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too,” she smiled, gladly receiving his hug. She could hardly lift her arms to reciprocate, but Riku understood. As Riku pulled away, she saw Sora, happily sat watching. She smiled at him, knowing he was kindly giving her and Riku some time together. “It’s good to see you didn’t join them.” She looked back at Riku, saw him shaking his head.

“No way,” he said. “I’d never do that. Sora told me all about this stuff, how they’ve been messing with you and everything.” He held her hand tightly. “But what happened to you?” He watched her sigh, closing her eyes. Sora came closer, took her free hand, kissing it warmly. She acknowledged this with a smile.

“They ambushed us,” she whispered, her eyes still closed. “Kali, Meiji, and some other guy. I wasn’t sure who he was.” Both Riku and Sora assumed this must have been Jinn. They knew Ryu was there to guard them, and doubted Mikado would bother himself to leave the ravine. “They just grabbed me from out of nowhere. The others tried to fight, but Kali told them she’d kill me if they came after me. So the others just stayed still as they took me away.” She looked at Sora. “Kinda like they did with you.” Sora nodded. She took a painfully long time to speak, her words still slow and heavy. “I managed to struggle away from her, trying to get back to King Mickey, but I didn’t get far. They followed me and just lashed out when they found me. I remember Meiji and that other guy just standing there while Kali got at me with her sword. I didn’t have time to get my sword to defend myself, she hit my arm when I tried to reach for it. My arm smacked off my face, I think it split my lip open.”

“It did,” Sora pointed out, gently trailing a finger over the cut on her lip.

“I thought so, I had some blood on my arm,” she realised. “I sorta stopped for a second there, and she sliced at me with her sword. I tried to move away, but I couldn’t get far enough. She caught me with the tip of the sword, cut my head.”

“She’ll pay for that,” Riku growled, gently lifting her hair to reveal the cut across her head. He was more forward than Sora when it came to expressing his anger, although Sora was thinking the same thing.

“I got really angry then,” she blushed, embarrassed at her actions. “I lost it, I just punched her back and she fell over. That’s when the others stepped in. Meiji dragged Kali away, kicking and screaming. The other guy stood there, held his arms out, then clapped his hands together. All this weird yellow smoke puffed from his hands, it made me really dizzy. I felt really ill, my head suddenly felt like it was gonna explode or something. I thought I was gonna be sick as soon as I’d breathed it in. I think I just collapsed, I don’t remember much else after that.” Riku narrowed his eyes, thinking.

“Sounds like you were poisoned,” he mused, looking at her. “But you feel ok now, don’t you?” He hoped Sora’s potion had worked properly, getting rid of the toxins that had flowed through her veins.

“Yeah,” she nodded. “Thanks to you two.” She looked at them, examined their faces. Both pale, their usually bright eyes looked dull and dreary. “You look tired, shouldn’t you be resting?” Sora smiled at the coincidence.

“That’s what we were about to do,” Sora smiled, “until Ryu turned up with you. There was no way we were gonna sleep knowing you weren’t alright.” Kairi grinned.

“You could have slept,” she smiled, joking, “it’s not like I would have died or anything.” Her smile faded as Riku scratched his chin, an uneasy look on his face.

“Well, if Jinn poisoned you…” he said, slightly apprehensive, “then you would have, if Sora hadn’t used that potion on you.”

They were silent awhile, all in quiet thought, all thinking over the very same thing. Sora and Riku sat in silent relief, trying not to think of the worst possible outcome to this situation. It was an almost impossible task, now they knew what had happened in their absence. Kairi lay completely still, humbled by the thought of how unwittingly close she’d come to death.

Still, it was comforting to know she was completely safe now, happily back in the close company of Sora and Riku. She knew nothing at all could go wrong, as long as she was with them. She may have been kidnapped, attacked, poisoned and imprisoned by the New Generation, but now, in the cold, unforgiving, icy darkness, she felt strangely safe. Secure, with her closest friends at her side. Together, for the first time in two years. She wholeheartedly wished that nothing would separate them ever again.

Ta-da! Kairi didn't die, so you don't have to worry anymore. She has a thing with escaping death... meh. CC please!

<3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back