• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IchigoNeko

Dang. Foiled again! Um...

Will Sora make contact with Riku when he gets there? It would seem smart to not let them see each other, in my opinion, but...

IchigoNeko

Grrr...Oh well. Ummmmm...A more undertsandable version of an earlier question. So, Kairi and the NG know she's a princess. How does the NG know? Did Ansem tell them? If so, why? Did they force it out of Riku? Again, why would they?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Doesn't come up in the fanfic, but Ansem probably told them about it. Why? Knowledge is power. Could come in handy sometime.

<3 <3

EDIT - Didn't see you there, sh im playin kh2! Thanks ^-^ Cool, that's why I use them! I feel bad about them too, leaving you guys wanting to know more :D

IchigoNeko

Alright!

Wait...it's the DAY BEFORE SCHOOL for me....nooooo! :( Oh well. I'll read fanfiction, and go to the pool! XD

IchigoNeko

Lucky...Of course, we get out in late May, so it's an okay trade-off...but it sure doesn't seem that way at the beginning of the year...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hi everyone ^-^

Not much to say, so on with the chappy...

Oh yeah, violence and stuff.

Chapter Fifty-Six

His hands firmly fixed in his pockets, Sora reluctantly followed Kali along. He wanted to run back, be reunited with the others, with Kairi, but he knew Kali was too fast. She’d only grab him again and end up dragging him along. He’d managed to break out of her grasp earlier, and had convinced her to let him walk alone. The path was bumpy, uneven, rocky, getting more narrow with every step. They were incredibly close to the volcano now. Sora could hear the bubbling slops of the lava at the other side of the huge rocks, could see the thick dollops spilling over the tops. Even with the lava so close, the night was still freezing cold. Sora warmed himself with his hands, rubbing his arms.

Kali walked at a normal pace, a single arm held forward. Her hand was spread, a small ball of light hovering over her palm, lighting the unrelenting darkness of the night. She kept trying to talk to him, but he stubbornly refused to respond. Angered by his persistent refusals, she turned to insulting him.

“You know, you’re a pig-headed little brat,” she groaned. “Didn’t your mother teach you to respect your elders?” She looked down at him, then jerked her head forward. “A pure heart? Pah. Someone with a pure heart wouldn’t be acting like a stupid teenager.” She smirked as she turned her head back to look at him. “Oh, wait. You are a stupid teenager.” He frowned, and she cackled. “You’re stupid to believe in the Light. It’s pathetic. Darkness is the way forward. You’ll see. Wait until the others get a load of you.” She turned to face forwards again. “You aren’t gonna see your friends again, kid. Get used to it.”

“That’s what you think,” he mumbled to himself. “They’re gonna come after me. You’ll be sorry.” She laughed at his words.

“The other brat keeps saying that,” she hooted, looking back at Sora. “What’s-his-name.” She clicked her fingers, searching her mind for the name. “Riku.”

“Riku?” Sora looked at her, walked quickly to catch up to her. “What about Riku?” It seemed all the members knew how to push his buttons.

“Oh, so you wanna talk now,” she replied sarcastically. “Well maybe I don’t wanna say anything.” She ran a single hand through her long, blonde hair, twirling the ends in her claw-like fingers. “He’s a stubborn little rat too. I have to admit, though. You aren’t even half as aggressive as he is, but we have ways of keeping him quiet.” She glanced at Sora with a knowing, cruel grin. She, like Meiji, knew that Riku was Sora’s weakness, along with Kairi.

“What have you done to him?!” Sora shouted, frightened by her suggestive words.

“Nothing too bad,” she smiled coldly, knowing her words conjured up images of cruelty in Sora’s mind. “Knocked him out a couple of times. That kid gets a crack across the head every day. It’s the only way to shut him up.” Sora trudged unwillingly at her side, worried for Riku’s safety again.

“Taiko told me that you guys are taking care of him,” Sora pointed out, looking for uniformity between their words.

“Unfortunately,” she sighed. “We’re only keeping him until we’re done with you. If he doesn’t meddle in our plans for you, then he’s free to go. We don’t need him for anything anymore.” Sora nodded, kicking a small stone along as he went.

“What did you need him for?” Sora asked. Although he’d asked both Taiko and Meiji the same question, he asked Kali too, looking for consistency in their answers. She seemed more talkative now, forgetting his previous insolence towards her.

“You,” she smiled vindictively, knowing their cruel plan would hurt Sora. “He was the bait, really. You’re the one we need. Don’t bother asking me what for, ‘cause I think we both know I won’t tell you. You’ll find out soon enough.”

Sora sighed. She’d guessed his next question. It seemed he would just have to wait to find out, as all the members he’d met so far had already pointed out. They continued along the path, the ball of light in Kali’s hand casting dim brightness over the ground. The cold wind continued to blow, but Kali refused to stop moving, determined to reach her destination in time.

“Where are we going?” he asked, breaking the momentary silence.

“Doesn’t have a name,” she replied, walking at a faster pace now. “A ravine, just below the volcano. We’re almost there. It’s dark down there. Can’t see a thing unless you’re used to it. They’re waiting there for us.”

“Who is they?” Sora asked, apprehensive, but curious all the same.

“The other members,” her smile was almost as cold as the biting wind. “Master Mikado.”

“I heard all about him,” he stated, “from Taiko. He’s your leader, right?” Kali scowled, seemingly irritated.

“Just how much did he tell you?” she asked, suspicious. She folded her arms. “At least he doesn’t know our plans,” she thought to herself.

“Enough to know you guys are pretty evil,” Sora looked up at her, a frown on his face. “And I’m gonna be the one to stop you.”

“Is that so?” she laughed mockingly, giving him a quick slap across the head for his insolence. “I’d like to see you try.” She began to insult him yet again. “You know, I couldn’t believe you were the same ‘mighty Keyblade master’ I’d heard so much about. Shaking behind that ‘King’ mouse, terrified. Even crying.” It seemed her temper was incredibly short. “You’re nothing but a coward. Not even afraid for yourself, but for other people. Seriously, you gotta stop being so focused on your so-called friends.” She may have been beautiful on the outside, but was the complete opposite on the inside. She knew exactly how to get on his nerves, and was using this as much as she possibly could. “Surely you’ve learned that other people can only cause you pain, can only make you suffer?” Sora shook his sore head slowly. Kali scoffed at him. “It’s about time you learned it then. They don’t care about you.”

“They do,” he whispered. “They’ll help me.”

“Look around, you stupid little rat!” she stopped walking, gestured around with her arms, looked all around the path. “I don’t see them anywhere, do you?” Sora shook his head slowly, looking gingerly at his feet. Kali grabbed his arm, dragged him along as she started walking again. “If they were any friends at all, they’d be coming after you right now.” Sora shook his head again, disagreeing with everything she said, silently becoming more and more angered as she spoke.

“You’re wrong,” he whispered again. “They’ll be coming after me, I know it. They won’t just leave me like this.” He looked up at her, infuriated, his bright blue eyes filled with contempt for this foul woman.

“Hah!” she laughed at his determination. “They will. Trust me, the only person you can really rely on is yourself. Unless you’re too weak. You’re too weak to stand on your own two legs, too weak to rely on yourself, so weak that you need others to survive. People like you make me sick.” Sora gritted his teeth, trying not to lash out at her, knowing that she’d kill him at the drop of a hat. She was too fast to attack. “I mean, you rely on your friends. Especially that stupid girl. She’s just as weak as you are. She’s pathetic, just like you.” She looked up at the volcano, a self-satisfied smile on her face.

Sora’s temper got the better of him. He was an incredibly tolerant person, but this had pushed him over the edge. He summoned the Keyblade without her noticing, cracked it against her back in his fury. She fell to the cold ground, had been caught off guard by his attack. Sora stood over her, Keyblade pointed in her face.

“Don’t ever say that about Kairi,” he shouted, enraged by Kali’s offensive words towards her. “You can insult me, but don’t ever insult Kairi.” A smirk remained on Kali’s face, although she feared for her life. “They are coming after me. They are gonna find me. You‘re gonna pay for this. Just you watch.”

Standing over her, dismissing the Keyblade, he looked at her with a scowl. He was not as aggressive and violent as she was, had only used the Keyblade in a blind rage. He was slightly embarrassed by his unusually quick temper, was debating whether to let her go. Although he wanted to let her up, he knew that she’d probably have been enraged by this, and so would probably lash out at him. He was not sure of what to do.

Kali panicked, mistakenly thinking Sora wanted to fight. Knowing she was not as strong as she’d made out to be, she knew that Sora was much more powerful. The injury to her back meant that she wouldn’t be able to move as quickly either, which was another setback. Her mind frantic, she tried to think of a way to get out of this. She sneakily punched the back of Sora’s knee, knowing it would make his leg give way.

As she’d hoped, Sora stumbled to the ground, giving her a chance to get up. Standing tall, drawing her sword, Kali was determined to give this all she had, despite the fact that she knew she was terrible in battle after being robbed of her agility. Keeping the smirk on her face to hide her fear, she looked seemingly ready for whatever might follow.

Sora watched as she stood before him, her sword drawn, her expression focused. Unaware of her hidden weakness, he, too, was afraid. Holding the Keyblade tightly, he was unsure of whether to attack her. To be honest, he had not particularly wanted to fight. He feared her lightning-fast reflexes, knowing she could fatally strike him before he knew what was going on. However, he knew a strike to the back could slow her down a little, as it would be painful for her to move, let alone battle. He decided to wait for her to make the first move.

She saw the glisten of fear in his azure eyes. She held her sword back over her shoulder, slowly strolled towards him. In a defensive stance, he protected himself with the Keyblade, horizontally held in front of his chest. He knew he had no choice now. As she grew closer, she began walking faster, slashing the air with her sword. She secretly hoped that this would deter him from fighting, but it only made him determined to battle her, realising she was willing to take him on. Sora ran forward, striking Kali with the Keyblade, knocking her back a little. He leapt backwards, keeping his distance after his attack.

Kali winced, injured by his attack, but decided it was clear she had to strike back. Holding the sword tightly in one hand, she lunged at Sora, aiming for his chest. She thrust the sword forward, but he swiftly dodged her attack. Falling forward, she dropped onto all fours, breathing heavily as she tried to regain her strength. Sora’s rapid footsteps echoed through the darkness as he ran towards her, his Keyblade held high above his head. He missed, cracked the cold, rocky ground as Kali deftly rolled out of the way. He struggled to pull the Keyblade from the ground as Kali managed to get back up.

Ripping the Keyblade up with all his strength, he turned to see Kali rushing towards him. Unable to get out of the way, she sliced his arm, leaving an open wound behind. The blood poured from his arm, spilling out onto the floor. He wiped some of the blood off with his gloved hand, frowning at her. He did not feel the pain, the rush of his adrenaline forcing him to continue the battle. He smiled, confident in his ability. He struck her with the Keyblade continually, barraging her with a chain of attacks to weaken her further.

Preoccupied with fighting her off, he did not notice the movement in the deepest shadows. It lurked in the darkness, circling them. Kali was aware of its presence, holding on as long as she possibly could, Sora’s constant attacks exhausting her. She knew she had to keep going until this new threat revealed itself. Watching the movement with her now glazed expression, following it with her eyes, Sora stopped, held the Keyblade at his side. He saw she was completely incapable of fighting back now, and so stopped his attacks. He would never use his power to kill anyone.

Still stalking around in the shadows, it seemed to be waiting. Continuing to follow the movement with her eyes, Kali seemed absent-minded to Sora, who still had not noticed the threat in the darkness. She was lying back on the ground, trying to get all her energy back. Leaning forward to look in the darkness, her eyes switched from Sora to the shadows. Sora had dismissed the Keyblade now, was pacing around in the small, dimly-lit area, unsure of what to do. He picked up the ball of light that had fallen to the ground in the fray, examined it carefully. His attention elsewhere, Kali took advantage of the situation. She gave a nod.

Removing itself from the darkness, it clubbed Sora over the back of the head, knocking him unconscious. It then tossed a bottle to Kali.

“Jeez, you took a lot there,” it said, “this should help.” Kali, sat on the floor, removed the top and drank the liquid inside. Feeling a rush of energy, she stood up, casting the broken bottle to one side. “Mikado is waiting.”

“Ok,” Kali nodded. “Pick up the brat and we can leave.”

Leaning down, it grasped Sora’s thin, motionless body in a single, hand, slinging him over its shoulder. The ball of light dropped to the floor, slipping out of his lifeless hand. It did not stop to pick it up, simply began walking down the path, Kali at its side. They strode off into the darkness, continuing towards the volcano.

Hope you guys like it, some CC would be greatly appreciated ^-^

Off topic for a sec... Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but once KH:TFF is finished, I'm going to post an original story. I'm going to post the first chapter in a few weeks to see if anyone's interested.

<3 <3

Last edited:

IchigoNeko

Hiya again! Well, it was good as usual, but isn't that the first time you described blood? I found that...odd. Not bad, just odd.

How long will a standard invisibility spell last, like the one Donald's using? Also, why didn't Kail just club him over the head, if that's what they were gonna do? She's so darn fast...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Howdy doo ^-^

There was a warning, lol. I wasn't sure to put it in there or not, I just thought it might make things sound a little more dramatic.

As long as Donald likes, it lasts until he gets rid of it. She didn't club him herself because he'd injured her back. She wouldn't move as fast if she was injured.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Yeah, but why didn't she just knock him out when he agreed to come? Well, maybe a bit out of sight, so they wouldn't kill her when they saw it...but still.

IchigoNeko

Good point, but you'd think she'd be used to it...

Um...I can't be out fo questions already! Let's see...Oh! Ansem told them about Riku, right? How did he know that Riku was his weakness? I mean, sure, there were heartfelt scenes in Hollow Bastion, but I don't think Ansem would really know how devoted he was to his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back