• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IchigoNeko

Oh, wow...Have fun, then, snowdog! I shall have a chappy to read when I get home from school.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hey there.

*Joins in the dance* Thanks for all the comments, I lurve you guys.

The Manga night was awesome, I lost a drawing contest, but... meh! It was a lot of fun. IchigoNeko, I know this is off-topic, but I couldn't find Tsubasa Chronicles or Full Moon! :(

Anyway, on with the chapter. Oh and if anyone thinks they know what's going on... don't post it! Might ruin it for others... whether you're right or wrong :p

Chapter Fifty-Six

Voices. Swimming up from the darkest depths of his mind. Tried to move. Still paralysed. Tried to call out. The words would not come.

Still partially unconscious, Sora could hear muffled voices, but could not move at all. He could not even open his eyes to see what was going on. He could feel himself moving, then suddenly stop. Felt himself thrown against a solid object. He could not tell exactly what, was only beginning to come around.

The muffled voices seemed to be speaking to each other. Shouting. Arguing. Then fell silent.

The feeling in his limbs returned slowly, a tingling sensation shivering down his arms and legs, rippling through his entire body. Rubbing his closed eyes, his hands shook as he made his first movements. Wearily blinking, feeling drained, he opened his eyes. Opening his eyes seemed no different to keeping them closed, could only see the threatening shadows lurking above him. Easing himself up gradually, he looked around, trying to see anything in the darkness. Nothing in front, to the left, or right. Grey mists swirled around his stretched out legs, his hips as he sat on the cold ground. He struggled to his feet, scratching his head in confusion. He could hear a faint dripping noise.

“Where am I?” he thought to himself, his surroundings unfamiliar and frightening.

He took another look around, took a step forward to test the ground. His footsteps echoed in the empty darkness, alongside the dripping noises. Mist coiled around his legs. Sora shivered, the touch cold against his skin. Afraid, he looked around, tried to find something, anything in the shadows. Still, nothing. Looking back over his shoulder, he got the biggest shock of his life. It was beginning to dawn on him that his dream was becoming a nightmare reality.

“Riku?”

Sora pinched himself, made sure he wasn’t dreaming again. It was him. He really was there. It was the day he’d been looking forward to since the moment they’d been parted. He forgot his fight with Kali and the unknown creature that had knocked him out. Remembering his dream, he took slow, apprehensive steps towards Riku. He was not sure what would happen.

His back turned, silver hair shining even in the dim light, Riku stood tall, his head bowed. Wearing the trademark head-to-foot black clothing, Sora braced himself for the worst, his heart dreading what might follow. Riku’s clothing did not ease Sora’s worries, only made them escalate further. He wore a long black coat and black trousers, tucked into huge, black, leather boots. A sword was strapped at his side. Sora stepped towards Riku cautiously. Although he was certain that he really was there, it really was him, he was still apprehensive. Sora decided to stay on the safe side of things, just in case. After all, anything could happen here.

“Riku?” he reached one clammy hand forward, touched Riku’s shoulder gently. His friend did not speak, did not even move. Sora thought this was odd, but he still tried to talk to his friend, get any kind of response from him.

Sora took slow steps around Riku, standing before him, his head tilted towards the floor. Sora squatted, resting his hands on his bent knees, trying to look up at Riku’s dipped face. Unsure of what to say, Sora tried to communicate with him.

“It’s me, Sora,” Sora spoke quietly, his voice echoing. “I came to find you, Riku.” Raising his head a little, Riku gave a short sigh. Sora smiled. At least it was a sign he could hear him. “Sorry I couldn’t find you sooner. Come on, we should get out of here.” He reached out to take Riku by the arm, try to help him find a way out of this darkness. Riku pulled his arm away with fast reflexes, before striking Sora’s hand with a clenched fist. Sora jumped back a little, grasping his injured hand.

“Sorry isn’t good enough,” Riku hissed, his familiar voice filled with unfamiliar contempt. Sora jumped again, flinching at the sudden words from his friend. The first time he’d heard him speak in such a long time. Although he sounded scornful, Sora couldn’t help but smile to hear Riku’s voice. “Two years, Sora.” Sora rubbed his sore hand, nodded guiltily, his happy smile gone from his face. He knew Riku was right, despite his hurtful way of putting it.

“I know,” Sora admitted gingerly, genuinely feeling guilty. “But believe me, I mean it.” He scratched his neck nervously. “I guess all that doesn’t matter now, I found you, didn’t I?” Sora tried to smile again, raise the tense atmosphere. It seemed eerily quiet. Something was wrong, but Sora couldn’t put his finger on exactly what. It was probably the spooky surroundings.

“It doesn’t matter?” Riku seemed to be angered by Sora’s words. “It doesn’t matter?” He opened his once tightly-closed eyes. “Believe me, it does matter.” Drawing a sword, he kicked Sora onto his back. He raised his voice to a shout. “If that’s all I mean to you, I guess you aren’t the great friend I thought you were. You left me down here alone, to suffer.” Standing over Sora, a scowl etched into his face, Riku growled, his narrowed aqua eyes glaring at Sora. “You don’t care about me, or Kairi.” He looked around. Giving an angry shout, he leaned over, right in Sora’s face. “Where is she?”

“Kairi?” Sora mumbled, terrified of what Riku might do. All this pointed to one solution. The letters and dreams were true. Riku had joined them. His heart grew heavy at the thought of this. Seeing Riku’s anger at his momentary pause, he frantically began to mumble a fast response. “I, uh, I mean… we kinda got… separated… but don’t worry, I - ” Riku’s eyes seemed to blaze in his fury at Sora’s indirect, inept answer, and the news that he‘d lost Kairi.

“You don’t know where she is?!” Riku shouted in disgust, worried for Kairi. This seemed to be frightening Sora further. “You promised, Sora!” He flinched at Riku’s loud shouting, his heart pounding.

“You don’t know what happened!” Sora protested, his words rapid, trying to defend himself. He knew it had been the right decision, he just had to explain this to Riku. “It was the only way to save her!” Riku seemed more angered with every passing second, his sword lingering precariously over Sora’s body. He did not seem too interested in Sora’s explanation, saw it as a feeble excuse to protect himself.

“I told you to take care of her,” he growled, interrupting as he watched Sora get back on his feet. He sighed, massaged his forehead. “You know why I joined them, Sora?” His words were quiet. Sora stayed silent, unable to speak, respond. His heart had stopped, his breathing laboured.

There it was, the final testimony, proving that he really had been drawn in by the New Generation. Sora felt his stomach drop like a stone, pain swelling up inside him. He shook his heavy head, feeling weaker as the seconds passed. He couldn’t help but feel rejected, hurt, and terrified, all at the same time. This wasn’t a dream. This was real, to his obvious despair.

“You’re always letting me down, that’s why,” Riku said coldly, right up in Sora’s face again, intimidating. Sora closed his eyes tightly, tried to block the hurtful words out. “The single thing I asked you to do was to take care of Kairi. You couldn’t even do that. The New Generation never let me down. Being taken by those guys was the best thing that ever happened to me. Now I see I was foolish to ever believe in you.” He rested his sword on his shoulder. Seeing the blade so close to him, Sora’s protective instincts wanted to summon the Keyblade, to be able to defend himself from a possible attack. He could not do it. Riku was still his best friend, no matter what he said. “I guess I’m better off without you.” Sora shook his head in disbelief, his hurting heart becoming worse with every word.

“You aren’t,” Sora whispered. “I didn’t lie, I didn’t.” Riku circled him, sword down at his side. “I did look after Kairi, Kali was gonna…” Looking up at Riku’s emotionless eyes, the careless expression on his face, Sora stopped trying to explain. Why bother, Riku obviously would not listen. It seemed he’d taken too long to find him, had lost him to the New Generation. Another reason to hate them, another reason to stop them. His list of reasons was getting longer as these eventful days passed.

Sora, now close to tears at Riku’s betrayal, his involvement in a plan to find him and possibly kill him, dropped onto his knees. The turmoil going on inside him was becoming far too much to bear. His heavy stomach knotted, his heart tearing in two. His mind told him something was not right, all his instincts trying to force him to run, leave Riku behind and get out of there. His foolish heart told him to stay. After all, Riku was his best friend, as they had been since they were children. Deep inside him, the hope remained that Riku would reconsider, see the true colours of the New Generation. However, his logical thinking and all his knowledge of Riku’s personality told him that this may never happen. Sora, kneeling down with his eyes tightly shut, his mind fraught with worry, did not notice Riku silently looming behind him, sword raised high in the air.

Riku clubbed Sora over the head with the handle of his sword, watched his friend’s still body drop into the cool, grey, swirling mists. The painful thud echoed loudly amongst the distant drips. Feeling no remorse, no guilt, Riku simply stood still, his sword back at his side, his aqua eyes fixed on Sora’s motionless body, a contemptuous smirk etched on his face.

So.... Yeah. Expect the next chappy sometime soon ^-^ Some CC would be great.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

...WHAT THE HECK?!

Riku is about as out of character as he can get. First he says he suffered, then he says he was happy to join the NG. And what kind of right does he have to call Sora a bad friend when he wouldn;t even LISTEN? Plus, this is different from what Taiko told him, right? He said the Riku used him as a threat. No matter how much he's been through down there, he wouldn't lose hope just like that.

Oh, and not finding the mangas would have stunk...I'll find other ones you might like.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hey there.

IchigoNeko, I should seriously get you to check my chappies before I post them, you're awesome at CC :) Anywhom, Sora had a total mind blank at actually seeing Riku again (I know, I should have mentioned it properly -.-; My bad.) and completely forgot everything he'd been told. Oh, and Riku was supposed to act out of character, but I kinda didn't make it too obvious. It's to keep you guys guessing! ^-^ Although I can understand why it doesn't seem that way.

Thanks sh im playin kh2, I'm glad you like it so much.

Chapter Fifty-Seven

Again, nothingness, endless black surrounding him. Partially conscious, able to feel, he could feel himself moving. Being carried. Tight arms holding his legs, a shoulder digging into his stomach. He could hear faint voices, but could not make out any particular words or phrases. Unable to open his eyes, cry for help, or even move, his body was floppy, like a lifeless rag doll. Helpless, his mind echoed the previous events, going over and over thinking about it, scrutinising every word his so-called friend had spoken, analysing each movement in detail. Feeling the carrying movement slow down, then ultimately, draw to a stop, he hoped all this would not lead to anything negative, although he knew in his heart that nothing good would befall him for a while. He felt a sudden rush of air, felt himself hurtling downwards, then coming to an abrupt stop as he hit the floor. He could feel cold mist on his face, condensing on his warm skin, letting him know he was still in the same, dark place.

Sora opened his eyes, his vision blurred for a second. Nothing but darkness, all around.

“Great,” he thought. “Could things get any worse?” After being left alone, separated from Kairi, and being knocked out by his so-called best friend, things had hit rock bottom for Sora. The only way was up.

It seemed that, sadly, his words had tempted fate. He heard echoing footsteps, breathing behind him. In a panic, he tried to scramble to his feet, protect himself, but his exhausted limbs failed him. Vulnerable, sprawled out on the freezing cold floor, he closed his eyes again, knowing he was at the mercy of whatever was behind him.

“Sora?” the voice whispered, resonant in the empty darkness.

No, it couldn’t be. Not again. He couldn’t be mistaken, this voice was way too familiar.

“Riku?” Sora stuttered, felt his insides contorting at the sound of Riku’s voice. Dreading the response, he closed his eyes tightly. Part of him almost expected to be clubbed again.

“It’s really you!” Riku’s voice was filled with joyful delight. Unusual, considering he’d just knocked Sora out after barking painful criticism at him for what had seemed like a lifetime. “I can’t believe this, you made it!” Sora, helplessly stuck on the floor, could not turn to look at him. He sounded like a completely different person to the young man who’d attacked him earlier.

“Yeah, I bet you’re surprised I survived that blow to the head,” Sora frowned, determined to let Riku see how much pain he’d caused him.

“Sora, what are you talking about?” a familiar pair of yellow shoes stood before Sora.

Looking up, a confused expression spread across Sora’s face. It was Riku again, but not in the head-to-foot black clothes he’d been wearing previously. He wore the same clothes as he always did, but they were far too small now, covered in rips and even bloodstains. He still had a sword, but it was different to the one before. A gigantic, genuine smile across his face, he looked down at Sora, his aqua eyes smiling, his usually immaculately groomed silver hair all over the place.

“You got no idea how happy I am to see you!” Riku dropped to the floor, grabbed Sora for a friendly, overwhelming hug. “I missed you so much, Sora!” Trying to push Riku away, sceptical, unsure of what was going on, Sora tried to get away. He grabbed Riku’s arms, tried to force them away. He was still doubtful, the events still echoing through his mind. Riku grabbed Sora’s hands, stopped him from making weak grasps at his arms. He tipped his head to one side, raised an eyebrow. “What’s going on, Sora?”

“I should be asking you the same thing!” Sora breathed, regaining his energy after frantically trying to get away. “You just knocked me out, remember?” Riku pulled away a little, his face screwed up. Sora wasn’t making any sense at all, seemed to be rambling on about things he had no idea about.

“Sora, I really don’t know what you’re talking about,” Riku shook his head slowly, bewildered at all Sora was saying. “What do you mean? I didn’t knock you out!” He pulled further away, watched a look of sheer confusion spread across Sora’s face. He rubbed his hand through his messed hair, waited for his injured friend to continue. Sora sighed, decided to remind Riku of what he’d done.

“Kali brought me here,” he sighed again. “I saw you, we talked a while, and then you knocked me out.” He said, matter-of-factly. “Typical day, really.” Riku frowned at Sora’s sarcastic words, shaking his head in serious disagreement. He genuinely had no idea of what Sora was talking about.

“I don’t get what’s going on, Sora,” Riku stated, “but I know I didn’t do that. I’d never do that.” He spoke honestly, from the heart. “I haven’t seen you in two years, and that’s hardly what I’d call a great reunion.” Although he was still greatly confused, Sora continued to listen. Something told him that this Riku meant every word. Seeing his friend was finally paying attention, hearing him out, Riku smiled a little. “I must have a twin walking around,” he joked, trying to lighten the uncertain mood.

Sora’s eyes widened. That was it. No wonder Riku had no idea what he was talking about. He was telling the truth. He really didn’t do it. This was the real Riku.

“It wasn’t you,” he whispered almost inaudibly, the reality sinking in. It seemed painfully obvious now. He began talking to himself. “Jinn… Jinn did it.” He looked up at Riku, still unable to get up alone. “Taiko…” Riku watched Sora’s facial expression change as he thought all this through. “You know all the members, right?” Sora raised his voice to speak. Riku nodded slowly in response. “Jinn… he’s a shape shifter, right?”

“That’s right,” Riku nodded. “What are you trying to say?”

“Jinn transformed himself into you,” Sora shakily got up onto his feet. “He talked to me and did all that kind of stuff while pretending to be you!” Riku stroked his chin, taking Sora by the arm to support him. This helped Sora’s ramblings make lot of sense. Riku nodded as the pieces of the puzzle fell into place.

“It’s possible,” he nodded, happy to finally be on the same wavelength. “But why would he go to all that trouble just to throw you back in with me? It makes everything he did a complete waste of time.” Sora laughed.

“No way,” Sora shook his head, by now fully aware of how their minds worked. “He would do it just to mess with my head. Just look at how I reacted to you. That’s exactly what he would have wanted me to do, and it worked. Believe me, you’ve got no idea what’s been going on. Those guys have been tormenting us while we’ve been searching for you.” He sighed, looked away from Riku, remembering all the turmoil that had taken place in his mind, his conflicted emotions eating away at him for days on end. “It’s been tough.”

“And you put up with it all to find me?” Riku asked quietly, seeing the silent pain on Sora’s face, the emotion obvious in his clear blue eyes. “Thanks, Sora.” Smiling, he gave Sora another friendly hug. Sora reciprocated this time, knowing that this was the real Riku. His best friend, who he’d been searching for all this time. It was amazing to finally see him, to know he was safe. Best of all, Sora finally knew the truth. Riku hadn’t joined them.

However, this reunion was bittersweet. Although he’d finally found his best friend after years of searching, he was now at the mercy of the New Generation, trapped until they could find a way out. Kairi, King Mickey and the others were still out there, in Square-One somewhere, all alone. Sora hoped the members wouldn’t find them, that he and Riku would be able to escape to them, that they‘d return to the Gummi Ship and get out of there.

CC would be appreciated... I personally hate this chapter, I think it could have been much better... -.-

<3 <3

.:Mega:.

Awards
Aww, it's not THAT bad. ^^ I like it just because it's great to see Sora and Riku reunited at last. Sure, it's shortner than norm, but nonetheless, twas enjoyable, IMO. Anyway, I haven't commented in a while, but I have been reading. XD Hope to see more soon!

IchigoNeko

Yayness! It's awesome...Anyway my suspicions were right! Hooray! Riku isn't that mean.

Now it's question time XD.

Why'd Jinn turn into Riku if he'd just get reunited with the real one later? Sure, Sora's response was kind of cold, but they got past it pretty quick; he's "too nice for his own good" (quote from KH2). The NG is smart; wouldn't they have calculated that? And...will Sora meet other members now? What kind of stuff did they do to Riku? Is he really so strong to endure that without a trace?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Howdy doo.

Like Sora said, IchigoNeko, just to mess with his head ^-^ Riku asked the same question. Yah, he'll meet some of the others now. Read this chappy, it answers most of your questions ^-^ You too, Soradude!

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Chapter Fifty-Eight

Both sat in the cold, empty darkness, Riku and Sora were happy to be back in each other’s company. The grey mists lingered, hovering low around their waists. The floor was cool and damp, but neither complained. They sat facing each other, with a small gap between. Sora was sat up, his energy regained, leaning back on his arms, his legs crossed. Riku rested on one straight arm, his legs sprawled out to one side. He played with his shoelaces.

“Shouldn’t there be a member here?” Sora asked, peering into the shadows. “I mean, to guard you or something?” Riku shook his head, a weak sheen rolling across his messy hair.

“Nah,” he looked up at Sora. “If they aren’t here then they cast a shield to stop me getting out.” He fumbled around on the shadowed floor, found a rounded stone. He threw it a distance away, where it bounced back in thin air, shooting bright sparks in all directions. A horrible electric noise buzzed through the air. Riku caught it as it ricocheted back. Sora smiled. “Anyway, how did you know they stay to guard me?”

“Taiko told me,” Sora replied. “How long will they be?” Riku thought a moment.

“Usually a couple hours,” Riku responded, shifting his weight, “but when they dropped you here they were talking about waiting until the others arrived.” Sora nodded. It could be a while. He thought ‘the others’ meant his friends. “How do you know Taiko?”

“He saved us from Duossus,” he ran a wet hand through his hair, pausing as he was unsure of whether Riku knew what he was talking about. Riku nodded, obviously knowing of the beast, so he continued. “I was a jerk to him at first, but the others really liked him straight away. I was a little too hasty on judging him, I guess.” Smiling, Riku nodded again. Sora began to muse to himself. “It was amazing, all he did was whistle and Duossus stopped attacking us.” Riku nodded.

“Apparently Duossus is from Foris, Taiko’s world,” Riku explained. Sora’s jaw dropped, his facial expression screaming with disbelief.

“But how would they get it to Square-One?” Sora gasped. This mammoth task seemed impossible.

“I’m not sure,” Riku shrugged. “Taiko didn't say, but he told me all about Duossus, though. It was considered a legendary ‘beast of the forest’ in Foris, all the people were afraid of it. Taiko’s job was a forest ranger, which meant it was his job was to protect his village from Duossus.” Sora sat quietly, listening to Riku. “After months of walking through the forest, every day, guarding the village, he finally encountered the beast. But, it seemed that Duossus was not the beast his reputation made him out to be. He was much friendlier than Taiko had thought, was very gentle around him.” Sora narrowed his eyes.

Friendly?” he spluttered, in disbelief. “It attacked us!”

“Let me finish!” Riku said, looking up at Sora. Sora fell silent. “Over months, Taiko and Duossus developed a bond. Duossus was a lot like a big pet horse to him. When Ansem turned up, started speaking with Taiko, he found out about Duossus, was instantly interested in it. Ansem decided he would capture Duossus, bring it back to Square-One. Naturally, Taiko was against the idea, but went along with it, afraid Ansem might hurt Duossus if he didn’t. Eventually they caught it, and returned here. Taiko released Duossus within a day or so, could not stand to see it confined down here. At least out there, it would be free. When the members heard about this, they went crazy. It‘s part of the reason they gave for kicking him out.” Sora raised an eyebrow, sceptical of this seemingly far-fetched story.

“I suppose,” Sora nodded, interrupting, “but why didn’t Taiko tell me that himself?” He rubbed his fingers through his spiky brown hair.

“Because he feels awful about it,” Riku explained, retelling the story Taiko had told him. “I think he only told me to get it off his chest. He feels guilty, because he betrayed Duossus’ trust. Taiko could see a change in its temperament straight away. Duossus was much more aggressive than usual, but still trusted Taiko, obeyed his commands and stuff. Taiko didn’t think it was fair to keep it chained up, so he released it.” Sora smiled.

“He‘s such a great guy,” Sora smiled at the end of Riku‘s story. “We’re gonna help him get back to his world. Well, it was Kairi’s idea, really.” Riku’s face lit up.

“Where is Kairi?” he asked, eager to hear about her, forgetting about Taiko for a moment. “She‘s on the islands, right? It‘s way too dangerous for her to be here.” Sora shrank, hunched his shoulders, knowing Riku might not be too pleased to hear this story. Riku’s face contorted as he watched Sora almost sink down into the floor.

“I’ll tell you, but you gotta promise you won’t jump to any conclusions, ok?” Sora felt his face turning pink. He was relieved that it was too dark for Riku to notice this. Riku nodded slowly, apprehensive but curious as to why Sora was making such a big deal about this. He did not know that Sora was afraid he’d have the same response as the fake Riku gave him. After all, Riku was incredibly close to Kairi, and often let his anger control his actions.

“Ok,” he nodded, his voice without any tone or expression. He wanted to keep an open mindset towards whatever Sora might say.

“Kairi’s here,” Sora stated quietly, “she’s out there somewhere with the others. King Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Taiko, that is.” Riku remained quiet, listening intently. Kairi was like his little sister, he felt incredibly protective over her, felt a need to look after her. “Kali attacked us yesterday. She got Kai from us.” Riku’s eyes widened. Sora sighed, knowing Riku was already a little sceptical. His voice began to quake, knowing he had to continue. “I tried to grab her, but I missed and split Kali’s lip open. It made her really angry.” Sora paused, took a deep breath and continued. Kairi’s terrified screams haunted his memories of this moment. “Before I knew what was going on, Kali had her sword at her throat. If I didn’t turn myself in, she was gonna…” His voice shivered, unable to say the next few words. Riku understood anyway, seeing the anguish in Sora’s expression.

“So you turned yourself in to save her,” Riku said quietly, finishing Sora’s story. He smiled. “I knew I could count on you, Sora.” Sora gave a nod, and a faint smile. “She’ll be safe with the others, they’ll take good care of her.” Riku lazily drew in the air with a finger, disturbing the hover of the mist, sending it into grasping grey tendrils, climbing a little higher into the air. “It’ll be great to see her.”

“She’s been saying the same thing,” Sora grinned, watching the wisps of mist rising, then drifting back down to the ground. “She misses you a lot.” Riku smiled again.

“I miss her too,” he replied dreamily, resting back on both arms and stretching his legs out on the cold floor. “Is she ok about being here? I thought she would have been safer on the islands.” Sora shook his head.

“She was gonna stay on the islands, but it was too dangerous there,” Sora explained. “The New Generation sent a huge storm to the islands, forced her into coming with us. We couldn’t leave her there all by herself.” Riku nodded. She wouldn’t stand a chance against the storm. “How have you been?” He was keen to find out how Riku had been treated by the New Generation.

“Ups and downs,” he grinned. “They’ve knocked me out so many times I’ve lost count.” Sora nodded, it was just as all the members had told him. “They’re a bunch of idiots. Except Taiko. He really is a nice guy.” He smiled. “I only knew him for a day, but he was great. It’s gonna be cool to see him again.” Sora agreed, but couldn’t help still feeling guilty about the way he’d treated Taiko.

“He’ll probably be happy to see you too,” Sora replied, a sunny smile firmly fixed on his face. It seemed to brighten up the dank, depressing darkness. “How did you end up here anyway?” They would be there a while yet, so Sora decided to ask about this. He’d been secretly wondering for a long time now.

“After I got separated from King Mickey?” Riku asked, a look of serious contemplation on his face. Sora nodded. “I got stuck in some world, I think it was called Kactos.” It had been only a few weeks ago, but it seemed Riku’s recollection of these events was watery. Sora sat patiently listening as Riku repeatedly paused, thought, then continued. “I was in a small town at the time, busy looking for a way out. I hated it there, it was so sandy and awful. It was really hot, well, not as hot as here, but still - ” Sora stopped Riku’s muddled ramblings, reminded him of what he was thinking about originally. “Oh, yeah. Kali and Ryu approached me, tried to convince me to join them. I didn’t trust them, so I walked away. They followed me until I was out of town, then knocked me out before I could do anything to stop them.” He laughed. “Kinda unoriginal. They do that to everyone.” Sora nodded, a smile on his face. Riku noticed the cut on Sora’s arm. “What happened there?” He pointed at it. Sora was shocked to see the cut on his arm, had forgotten about it for a while. It did not trouble him, it looked much worse than it really was.

“Oh, that,” he said, pulling a bandage from his pocket. “Kali did it when we were fighting.” Wrapping the bandage around the wound, he continued. “So who’s Ryu?”

“One of the members,” Riku explained. “You know there are five of them, right?” Sora nodded, while counting the members he knew on his fingers.

“I think I know about all of them but Ryu,” he concluded. “Kali, Meiji, Jinn and Mikado are the others, aren’t they?”

“Yeah, that‘s them,” Riku nodded, “Goofy has spoken to Ryu. I know he has.” Sora’s eyes widened. By process of elimination, Ryu must have been the member that had trashed Goofy’s room that night in the castle. He quickly nodded, after noticing Riku staring, probably confused by his long pause. “Thought so. He’s the one who brought you back here with Kali. He’s as strong as Mikado, too, but he’s nowhere near as smart. He just follows orders without questioning anything, kinda like a big dumb ox. You need to be really careful around him, he’s really tough. He won’t be a pushover if you have to fight him.” Sora sighed, folded his arms.

“Great,” he huffed. “Something else to look forward to, huh?” Riku laughed. Sora smiled too, resting his arms on his crossed legs, trailing his finger across the ground. Riku thought a moment, then looked up at Sora.

“You know, I met Jinn just after King Mickey and I were separated,” Riku stated, deciding to get this off his chest. Sora’s eyes widened, his expression asking if this was really true. “Yup. About a year ago. Of course, way back then, I didn’t know he was part of the New Generation. We got talking, and I told him about how I was looking for my best friend. He was really creepy, I didn‘t trust him at all.” Sora raised an eyebrow.

“So why did you start talking about me to him?” he asked, sceptical. Riku sighed, rubbed his forehead. He avoided Sora’s eyes.

“I really missed you, Sora,” he sighed, “I guess I just started blabbing on about you without realising. Seriously, back then, I used any excuse to start talking about you.” He smiled. “I only met him once, I didn’t see him again until I was brought here.” He avoided Sora’s eyes again. “I guess that’s how they found out how close we are. I’m sorry, Sora.” Sora nodded, forgiving. He’d spent a lot of time talking of Riku too, to anyone who’d listen. He’d instantly forgive his friend for something like this.

“It’s ok,” he smiled. In a moment of quiet contemplation, he thought of another question. It was a long shot, but he might as well ask. He looked up at Riku. “So, any idea why they wanted me here?” Riku shrugged, just happy that Sora had forgiven him.

“No idea,” he sighed, “sorry. They were really careful not to talk about anything like that while they were around me. Ryu started talking about you once, but another member kicked him to shut him up. They were worried I’d find out what they were up to.” Sora nodded.

“Ok,” he stood up. “Thanks anyway. All I know is that they were gonna let you go once they had me.” Riku’s eyes widened.

“Really?” he said quietly, with a glazed expression, lost in thought. He jumped a little as Sora spoke again.

“Yeah,” Sora absent-mindedly nodded in response. “I doubt if they will now, we’ve been in here too long. They would have done it by now.” He, too was lost in his own thought. Riku watched him pace restlessly in the shadows. He snapped out of his short daydream. Trying to make conversation, he looked back at Riku. “So why do you think they’re called the New Generation?” He’d been wondering, and Riku had been with the members for a while now. It was obvious that he’d been speaking to all of them.

“I think it’s because they’re continuing Ansem’s research into the Darkness,” Riku thought aloud, “learning about the Heartless, that kind of thing.”

“Oh,” Sora nodded, wandering around, restless. It was quite obvious when he thought about it. It was silent for a few moments, except for Sora‘s fidgety footsteps. “Isn’t there a way to get out?” Riku shook his head.

“Nope,” he sighed, “I’ve been trying the whole time I’ve been here. The shield‘s too tough.” He watched Sora summon the Keyblade, ready himself to strike the shield. He wanted to find this out for himself. Riku rolled his eyes, knowing what Sora would try. “Don’t waste your strength.” He knew his warnings were pointless, as Sora would not listen until he’d seen these things himself.

Sora defiantly held the Keyblade with tight hands, took many steps back to the opposite side of the shield. He’d decided to himself that it was worth a go. After all, they wouldn’t get anywhere if they didn’t have a try. He always had a subconscious need to prove himself in front of Riku, despite the fact that, in reality, he had no need to. Riku sighed, massaged his forehead, wincing as he looked away. He knew what would follow.

He ran forward, picking up speed with each pace, the Keyblade held with both hands. He held it straight in front of him, ready to try to plough through the shield. Running at full speed, his light footsteps echoing through the darkness, he closed his eyes, focused all his power into the Keyblade. He drove it into the shield. A terrible shock pulsated through his body, a low buzz emitting from the shield. It seemed to be growing louder, growing from a buzz into a rumble, then a piercing screech. Sparks flew from the Keyblade, smoke poured from the invisible shield. Forks of lightning flashed, lit the darkness for split-seconds, then went out again. The screech got higher and higher, louder and louder, until it grew into a deafening boom, followed by an explosion.

Sora flew backwards, fell back onto the cold floor. Riku shielded his eyes as small pieces of debris scattered through the air. Coughing, Sora dismissed the Keyblade, sat up again. He moved his arms to displace the smoke, standing up. Riku took slow steps towards Sora, trying to shoo the smoke with frantic hands. He looked on in complete disbelief as Sora threw a stone into the darkness. They watched it soar off into the shadows, then create a distant splash. Completely dumbfounded, Riku’s jaw dropped as Sora’s blue eyes lit up. He burst out laughing. It had taken him minutes to do what Riku could not accomplish in days.

“It worked!” he laughed, slapping a friendly hand on Riku’s back. Riku scratched his head, then raised a smile. They were free. Laughing, they took a few steps into the darkness, joking about what had happened. They stopped, hearing footsteps, closing in on them. A sudden shout ended their happiness as soon as it had started.

“What the hell do you think you’re doin’?!”

CC is appreciated... Hope you like it!

<3 <3

EDIT: Forgot to mention first time around... Last chappy until next week sometime. I'm off to see my grandmother this weekend, so I can't get online... Anyway, hope you like this chappy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back