• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
hey i have a question i'm thinking about starting a fanfic but i need advice! did anyone start one about axel?

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hi.

Oathkeeper2u, I don't mean to sound mean, (and I'm really sorry if you think I do), but you should start a thread for your new fic. People won't see it if it's in here ^-^ I know you had a spoiler warning, but my thread really isn't the place. Maybe you should post a thread. I really hope it didn't sound horrible, cause I didn't mean it that way. :(

I promise I'll read once I've played KH2. Really. :) And tips for writing?

• Description is an awesome thing, so the more, the better!
  • Try to keep a Thesaurus handy, to avoid repetition of the same words, giving your writing more variety and effect.
  • Type out your work in MSWord before posting it. The grammar and spelling will be perfect, which helps your fic to be taken more seriously. Plus, it's easier to read.
  • Don't post short chapters, length is a good thing.
  • Make sure you update frequently. Don't forget people will be waiting to read :)

Hope all that helps, I'll read it when I get KH2! Just post a thread about it next time, instead of putting it here, 'kay? ^-^

Anyway, time for a chapter. Yay.

Chapter Sixty-Five
Stood in front of Sora and Riku was a tall, slim-built man, with a superior smirk upon his youthful face. He must have been at least half Taiko’s age, maybe just a few years older than Riku. He had lengthy black hair, sculpted into long spikes down his back. Long eyelashes blinked, a fluttering black outline along his unusually coloured, bright orange eyes. A determined look on his pale face, his facial features were sharp, pointed. He wore a floor-length black coat with flared sleeves, but his hands could still be seen within. He wore a number of rings, all silver, with black detail. Inner sleeves poked out of his coat’s sleeves. His trousers were flared too, but the toecaps of his huge boots stuck out of the bottom. All of his clothes were trimmed with intricate silver stitching along the edges. Looking down on Sora and Riku, he looked incredibly grand, his appearance immaculate, his presence demanding the utmost respect.

He did not speak, simply pushed past them. With great, sweeping movements, he made his way over to King Mickey, his arms behind his back. He looked down at the King with a cruel smile, then proceeded to examine the rest of the group. Donald stood with narrowed eyes and a sour expression, while Goofy just stood completely still. Kairi, stood shivering with fear, looked up at him with terrified eyes. He frowned at her. It was obvious he’d thought Kairi was dead, especially when he turned back to the members, who all shrugged. He glared, before eyeing a heavily breathing Taiko, raising a single eyebrow.

“You know, I did not believe the others when they told me,” he smiled. His voice was powerful, authoritative, yet strangely quiet. Hearing slow footsteps behind him, he paused, looking over his shoulder. Sora was stood behind him, holding his Keyblade back, ready to attack. The man raised his eyebrow again, gave Sora an icy glare. Slightly unnerved, Sora took a few steps away from him. His very presence was sinister, the atmosphere growing more uncertain with each passing second. Turning back to Taiko, he gave a frown. “I hear you came to break your ‘friend’ out.” The other members sniggered in the background, until he held out an arm, silently ordering them to be quiet. They immediately stopped, obeying his command.

“That is true,” Taiko said quietly, standing tall, trying to appear confident again. “This is just too sick, even for you.” The man smiled, looking him up and down.

“Taiko,” he sighed, taking a step back. “I’m sure you knew what would happen if you came back.” He raised one arm towards Taiko, his fist clenched.

“This was worth risking my own life,” Taiko stated, staring back with a look of disgust, the man‘s fist in his face. “They’re just kids, you can’t go around using them to get what you want.” The man frowned a little, his orange eyes narrowing at his words.

“Surely you’d know me better than that by now, Taiko,” his frown grew into a fiendish smile as he tensed the muscles in his arms, slightly bending his knees. “It seems you’ve given you life for these mere children. You could have had it all, Taiko, but you‘ve wasted your opportunities.” He gave a final, cruel smile at Taiko. “Don’t say we didn’t warn you.”

Taiko frowned back, knowing what was to come next. He closed his eyes, bracing himself for the worst. Kairi screamed as the man spread his fingers suddenly, unleashing a instant burst of power. Taiko flew backwards, hit the floor with a painful, echoing crash. King Mickey gasped, turned to Goofy and Donald.

“Take care of him,” he whispered as the man turned to Sora and Riku again. Following their King’s orders, Goofy and Donald fled to Taiko’s side. Kairi stood perfectly still, frozen to the spot, whimpering as she stared at Taiko’s lifeless body.

Sora and Riku stood wide-eyed, breathing heavily as they tried to take in what had just happened. They wanted to help Taiko, make sure he was alright, but did not dare to move an inch. The man strode arrogantly towards them, his coat flowing behind as he stepped. He did not seem to feel any sort of remorse after possibly killing Taiko, simply sauntered over, casual, as if nothing had happened at all. His arms behind his back, he stood tall before them.

“I will not waste time on pointless introductions,” he said, nonchalant, no expression on his face. “After all, I’m sure you’ve already guessed who I am.” Sora nodded slowly, looking up with a frown.

“You’re Mikado,” Sora whispered, staring up at the man before him. “Leader of the New Generation.”

“I see my reputation precedes me,” he laughed, giving a conceited smile. “Well, so does yours, Sora. Although I have to admit, I have been greatly disappointed so far.” Riku glowered at him, running a single hand through his hair, resting his sword on his shoulder.

“And what is that supposed to mean?” Riku spat, sticking up for his less vocal friend. Mikado stared coldly at Riku. He did not speak, ignoring his comments and turning back to Sora.

“I have heard many stories,” Mikado continued, pacing back and forth before Sora, his arms behind his back. He seemed to glide along as he walked, his movements smooth and graceful. “Stories of the ‘mighty Keyblade wielder’, the one powerful enough to defeat our great Master Ansem, my predecessor. Stories of the one to hold the Key, the one to vanquish all darkness.” He stopped, looking Sora up and down. “What I see before me is a trembling little boy, hiding behind the mighty reputation he has been given, wasting his immense power defending the Light.” Sora’s eyes narrowed a little at his cold comments.

“It’s not wasting my power,” Sora insisted, dismissing the Keyblade. “Protecting the light is the right thing to do, defend others against the Heartless.” Mikado leered at him, turning to face him.

“Don’t you tell me I am wrong,” he shouted, his eyebrows slanting into a hideous frown. Arrogant and stubborn, Mikado hated being told he was wrong. He bent down to be face-to-face with Sora. “You are but a mere child.” He stood tall again, his arms at his sides, lowering his voice. “Defending the light is a pointless waste of your vast power, Sora.” Now, his face was without expression. “I believe I have a better use for your power. I am willing to make an offer.” Sora stood silently, Riku close at his side. “Join us. If you join us, we shall let your ‘friends’ go, and spare your life. If you refuse, you and your ‘friends’ shall suffer. None shall be given mercy, including yourself. My plans do not require you to be alive.” As Mikado finished speaking, Riku grabbed Sora’s shoulders before he could respond. He looked Sora in the eye.

“Don’t say anything!” he whispered, with alarm in his quietened voice. Convinced this must have been a trick question, or some sort of plan, Riku wanted to think this over for a while with his friend. He was secretly afraid something could happen to Sora if he said the wrong thing. Although, after hearing the options, he was convinced that taking either option would be doing the wrong thing. “Don’t incriminate yourself.” He turned to Mikado, spoke respectfully. “Would you be willing to give us some time to think this over?” Much more polite than before, Riku was trying to get what he wanted. He wanted them all to discuss the options, try to think of a plan together. Of course, he would not tell Mikado this.

“I suppose I could be lenient,” he sighed, rubbing his chin. “After all, it will be no great loss to me. Whichever decision you choose, I will gain greatly from it.” Just as selfish as Taiko had said, he was only concerned with how he would benefit. He looked to Jinn, gave a nod. Jinn walked over slowly, bowed to Mikado. “Jinn. Please see to it that they are imprisoned again.” Riku’s jaw dropped.

“Hey, that wasn’t part of the deal!” he shouted. Mikado smiled.

“You really thought I’d leave you all here, free to get away?” he laughed, turning to leave. “Don’t try to fight your way out. You can’t win. Gather yourselves over there, or something.” King Mickey, Riku and Kairi instantly, although reluctantly, ran to Taiko’s side. Sora lingered near Mikado, looking up at him.

“Wait,” he said quietly. Mikado stopped walking, looked over his shoulder at Sora. “Something else I want to know.” Mikado nodded silently. “Either way, just what are you gonna do with me?” Smiling, he replied.

“I suppose it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t tell you,” he sighed with a small smile. “After all, what else could you base your response on?” Sora nodded, listening carefully, bracing himself for Mikado’s words. “As I said earlier, I believe I have a greater use for your power. I believe it could be used to serve Darkness, instead of Light. We want to undo all you strived to achieve before defeating Master Ansem. We want to unlock the Keyholes using your power, throwing all the worlds into a greater state of confusion and chaos, scattering people between the worlds again.” Sora quietly thought of this, then looked up again.

“But… why would you do that?” he asked, as Mikado turned to face him completely.

“Partially as a tribute to Master Ansem,” he smiled, folding his arms. “We will use the increase in power to send more Heartless across the worlds, use the power to cast mighty spells over long distances, like the storm we sent to the Islands. Great cities will bow to this power. Homes, families, and even whole worlds will be destroyed. All from here in Square-One. After doing this, we shall announce to the all the worlds that we can stop the suffering, return their homes to normal.” Sora scrunched his expression, sceptical.

“But you caused it in the first place,” Sora interrupted. “The only reason they’re suffering is because you made all that happen!”

“Exactly,” Mikado smiled. “But they won’t know that, will they? We shall offer our services to stop the Heartless, rid them of the spells robbing them of friends, family and homes. However, we will only carry this out if the New Generation are granted unquestioned rule over all the worlds. As the leader of the New Generation, it is only fair that I am given this omnipotent leadership, with the members there as secondary figures. Together, we shall begin a new reign of darkness over the worlds, eliminating the light within.” Sora frowned as he listened, seeing the callous smile on Mikado‘s face as he spoke of this.

“But you won’t be able to reseal the Keyholes without me,” Sora protested, trying to show fault in Mikado’s plan.

“Ah, you do not listen well, young one,” Mikado smiled superiorly, waggling a finger at Sora. “I didn’t say we’d reseal the Keyholes, did I?” Sora shook his head slowly. “That means that supernatural storms will continue to happen, people shall be scattered, lives will be ended.” Sora bowed his head at the thought of this, knowing how it felt to be separated from the ones he loved, the place where he belonged.

“But if you don’t seal the Keyholes, you aren’t restoring full order to their worlds like you said you would,” Sora said, looking up at Mikado, who nodded silently, running a hand through his hair. “You’d be willing to kill all those people just to get the power you want?” Sora questioned, almost in disbelief. Mikado nodded, still with a grin on his face.

“Indeed,” he replied, “reminding the people of the worlds that we’re in charge now. Reminding them that no-one would dare to question us.” Sora frowned.

“That’s sick,” Sora whispered, disgusted at his careless attitude towards the lives of these innocent people. He looked Mikado in the eyes, raised his voice again. “They’ll have no choice, of course they’ll have to grant you leadership!” Grinning, Mikado nodded.

“It is a foolproof plan,” Mikado smiled. “There is no way we can lose with this. It has all been planned out, all we need is the power to make it a reality. You have that power, Sora. Think about it. Grant us your power, and you too will become a secondary figure, with the chance of becoming the all-powerful leader someday.” Sora closed his eyes, shook his head.

“I can’t let you do that,” he whispered. Mikado raised an eyebrow as Sora looked up, raising his voice. “I won’t let you do that!” Riku and Kairi looked up, hearing Sora shouting back at Mikado. King Mickey stood up with Riku. In disbelief, he sprinted towards him, had to stop Sora before he said too much.

“Sora!” Riku shouted, running away from Taiko and Kairi. “Shut up, Sora!” He stood at Sora’s side, trying to convince Mikado he was kidding. “Give Sora some time to think this over, he’s not thinking straight right now. He needs to talk about his decision first!” Grabbing Sora by the arm, he tried to drag him towards Taiko and the others. Sora broke free, standing before Mikado’s towering figure. He looked ominous in the flickering torchlight, a sheen rolling across his long black hair.

“I don’t need to do any more thinking, Riku, I’ve already made my decision,” he turned to look at Riku, then back to Mikado.

“So, which will it be?” Mikado grinned, happy his plan was working, so far. “Will you join us?” The members stayed silent in the background, listening to the whole thing. Sora stood still, his arms at his sides, his fists clenched, a determined expression across his face.

“Neither,” he spoke loudly, showing confidence in himself.

Hope you like it, although I keep thinking there's something wrong with it... But other than that, this is another of my favourites!

IchigoNeko, this was the chappy I was gonna send you ^-^

<3 <3

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
good chappie snow i'm sorry for putting my fic there i just really need an opinion and i didnt want to start a thread because i wasnt sure POOR TAIKO :cry:

IchigoNeko

I finally got time to post here! Yes! Anyway, it's a great chapter...

Is it Sora they want, or the Keyblade? Wouldn't they need Sora alive to use the Keyblade, since it just vanishes when they try and take it from him? And, despite what they said, there wouldn't be any difference between giving the NG leadership anf not...Wouldn't they eventually try and revolt? Leon, Yuffie, Cloud, Aerith...There are plenty of srong people to take on the New Generation, even it Sora, Riku and Kairi are dead. I'm sure most of the people at Disney Castle can fight...

Oh, okay. Sorry I couldn't make it...Maybe once my schedule calms down...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Thanks.

Nothing to do with the Keyblade, just Sora. You're looking too far into it, lol. But I definitely get what you're saying. ^-^

Bad news, I'm afraid. My laptop is broken, and it's the only place I have the chappies -.-; So I'll be online, but I won't be able to post anything new until it's fixed... Sorry :(

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Oh, okay. Why Sora and not the Keyblade? Witout that, he's a regular kid (who can use magic, but there are probably much better spellcasters than him...like Donald, for example). Sure, he's very protective of his friends, but...? I don't get it.

I'm reading too far into what...?

.:Mega:.

Awards
I shoulda posted sooner! D= Anyway, ncie chappies you got there. Things are beginning to get interesting. >=) Anywya, the whole lappy thing stinks. Hope you can get it working soon, cuz I look forward to the next update. ^^

~Mega

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Oh, okay. Why Sora and not the Keyblade? Witout that, he's a regular kid (who can use magic, but there are probably much better spellcasters than him...like Donald, for example). Sure, he's very protective of his friends, but...? I don't get it.

I'm reading too far into what...?

I was kidding about that :)

Sora didn't need the Keyblade. I can't say much else without spoiling the rest, sorry :)

Thanks for the questions though. You rule.

Thanks Mega. I'll try to get it working asap.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Thanks.

Hmmm...*think* So, they could have brought him right over from Destiny Islands, waaay from the beginning, and it wouldn't impact his usefulness?

Oh, and I don't remember if I asked this already...When Jinn impersonated Riku, how did he know what Riku said to Sora-- "Take care of her"? Ansem was already dead, so how could they know?

IchigoNeko

Oh yeah. *forgot*

I mean, they could have whisked Sora over from Destiny Islands, back when he knew NOTHING, hadn't even had the "Awakening" dreams, no Keyblade, no magic, just an average, spiky-haired kid...and they'd still be able to use him for their plans in exactly the same way? (Minus them not knowing about him, of course)

IchigoNeko

Yes, but if they did want him for some reason, they could still use him in exactly the same way as they are going to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back