• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
-sigh of relief- She's alive, so I can give my relieved 'w00t'.
w000000000000000000000000000t! -shot-

Anywho, great chapter, as usual. It's great to see that Kairi survived. =o I just wonder how the three of them will escape. Dun dun DUN.

~Mega

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hi there.

This is nothing to do with KH:TFF, it's the first chappy of my new story. A work in progress, if you will. Or a first draft. Or something.

It's mostly for Squall18. I tried to send it in a PM, but it didn't work. Damn 5000 character rule.

Untitled, so far. CC would be appreciated.

One

Silent, she walked across the soft, maroon carpet, eyeing the looming bookcases that surrounded her. The room was dimly lit, over-crowded with matching mahogany bookcases, tables, and chairs. Glowing, white candles stood on the tables, inadequate to light the huge room. Trailing a light finger over the cool, burgundy leather, her hands tracing lines through the thin layer of dust, her piercing blue eyes examined the gold, embossed titles, before settling on the desired words. Removing the old, heavy book from the shelf, she made her way to the table, sitting down and lighting a small lamp. The candles weren’t able to provide enough light to read properly. The new orange radiance flickered in the dim library, casting a gentle light across the wooden table. Opening the book, she carefully flicked through the crinkled, gold-lined pages, finding the chapter she’d finished on last time. Happy in her silent seclusion, she began to read to herself, picking up where she’d left off.

History of Oberon
Chapter VI - War of the Mystics

For many years, relations between Oberon and Lapai had been less than satisfactory. The borderlands were highly disputed over, regularly leading to conflict between the countries. When a new leader, Tai-Yuan, rose to power in Lapai, he decided that enough was enough, and was determined to claim the marginal land for his country. He planned a massive invasion into the borderlands, determined to take the land by force.

Hearing of this, Lord Misaku, the leader of Oberon at the time, immediately ordered his army to gather in the borderlands, so that they would prevent the Lapai army from gaining the disputed lands. Unfortunately, Tai-Yuan’s troops had already entered the borderlands, and were fighting the inhabitants to gain control.

A small race, dubbed the ‘mystics’, lived in the borderlands at this time. The mystics were disapproved of at the time, as they had been born with the ability to use magic, and so were banished to this land by Lord Misaku’s predecessor, Lady Mei. They battled with the Lapai army, and, after a long, difficult war, managed to defeat them, using their magic, and inadvertently protecting Oberon from the invading army.

“Luna, I’m bored!” a shrill voice tore her from the words, removed her from her happy solitude. Sighing, she gazed up, saw a childish pout, and staring blue eyes. “Can we go already?”

“I just started reading, Astral,” Luna stated quietly, remembering she was in a library, trying not to raise her voice. It was difficult, considering her big sister’s impatience. Averting her eyes back to her book, she continued to whisper. “Besides, it’s not like I asked you to come with me. Rune was going to come, but he was busy. Go on home, I’ll be back in an hour.” Astral shook her head of long, luxurious blonde hair, a frown fixed on her pretty face.

“I promised Father I’d stay with you,” she sighed, immaturely stamping a foot. Seeing Luna was not interested, continuing to read, she peeked around the towering bookcases, making sure no-one was around. Leaning down over Luna’s shoulder, she parted her glossy black hair, whispered into her ear. “Come on, you know how everyone in town is around you. Father just wanted me to make sure you’d be alright. Anyway, I don‘t have time to sit and wait while you read. I have to organise some things.” Luna sighed, reluctantly closing the book, giving in to her moody sister before she lost her temper. Astral stood up straight, happy she’d gotten her own way, blowing out the table lamp as Luna slid the book back onto the bookcase.

“I’ll never finish that history book,” Luna thought to herself, slowly pacing back over to her sister. She nodded, letting Astral lead the way, following closely behind.

Now reaching the reception, Astral smiled at the librarian. The librarian was a thin, elderly woman, with crow-like features, beady eyes, and a shrivelled, bony face. Hunched over, stood behind the mahogany counter, she gave a smile as Astral passed by. Her smile faded into a judging glare as Luna hurried past, her head bowed, almost shrinking into the thick carpet. Clicking her tongue in disapproval, she returned to her duties as the two sisters left the library. Luna gave a sigh as they stepped out into the busy town square.

Bright awnings adorned the outsides of shops, pretty window boxes filled with flowers hanging beneath their decorated windows. The buildings were made of large stone bricks, supported with varnished wooden beams. Stood proudly in the centre of the cobbled square, the old clock tower chimed twelve o’clock, its yellowing face smiling down on the town from a great height. Lying on the floor of the Forgotten Valley, the town was a pretty place, alive with colour, filled with friendly faces. Friendly to everyone, with a single exception. Luna.

Since she was a child, Luna had always stood out from the others. It seemed that whenever she was around, strange things would occur. Once, while at a town fête, a candle floated through mid-air as she walked past, before falling to the ground and setting a patch of grass into flames. A huge display strangely collapsed as she walked into a shop. The wheels of a cart collapsed when she looked at it, sending the horse into panic, causing it to run, throwing several people down onto the ground. Over time, and after many more mysterious events such as these, the gossipy small-town folk had begun to treat her as an outcast, claiming her presence to be a bad omen. Luna herself knew these events were just coincidental, a case of bad timing and misjudgement, but the townspeople did not accept this explanation. They did not frown upon the rest of her family, treated them as good friends, although this was probably because they ran one of the only farms, providing the majority of the food for the town.

Astral crossed the square, giving a smile to everyone she saw. Living in such a small town, everyone was familiar with everyone else, and nobody was a stranger. People greeted Astral as she passed, her sunny smile greeting them back. They then frowned at Luna as she followed her sister along, keeping herself to herself, trying to make herself inconspicuous. Her small frame and tiny body made this much easier. She knew that the worst was over once she’d crossed the square, reminded herself it was only a few short steps. Although, these short steps felt like an absolute lifetime to her, with all the frowning faces, and the hurtful comments.

Luna breathed a sigh of relief as they reached the outskirts of town. Crossing the stone bridge over the crystal-blue river, she smiled as she looked forward to home. Tall, golden crops stood at either side of the gently sloping path, lining the beaten trail up to the farmhouse. The familiar white stone building sat on the sloping valley side, partially hidden by the small orchard that stood before it. Astral sauntered up to the wooden front door, while Luna lingered amongst the trees. Looking to her right, she frowned as she saw Kirune, happily lying asleep in the shade of an apple tree. She took off her shoes, felt the unusually warm grass between her toes as she walked towards him. The hot sun shone down upon the ground, the soft, cool breeze providing some relief from the unrelenting heat. The branches gently swayed in the wind, making soothing, rustling noises as they moved. She looked down on her older brother, narrowing her eyes.

“Enjoying a busy day, huh, Rune?” she said sarcastically, looking down at him. “I thought you were too busy to come into town.” Lying with his bulky arms behind his head, he opened a single, deep, green eye. Sighing, he shifted his huge body, sat up. Stretching his arms and looking back up at her, he gestured for her to sit beneath the tree with him.

“Hi, Luna,” he yawned, ruffling his short blonde hair with a single, paw-like hand. He sighed, seeing the frown on his little sister’s pale face as she slouched in the grass. “I thought I was making a delivery today, but when I got into work, it turned out I wasn‘t, so I just came home. By the time I got back, you and Astral had already gone into town. Sorry I couldn‘t come with you.” Luna nodded, and he gave a wide, bright smile.

“It’s fine,” she raised a small smile, looking out over the field, out towards the small town. As she eyed the town hall, watching the Oberon flag rippling in the breeze, she remembered something. “When is that guy coming over?” Rune screwed up his face, stared back with a look of confusion. Luna pointed out the town hall, and he realised what she was talking about.

“Oh, Yakuza,” he mused, rubbing his stubbly chin. He frowned as he spoke, showing his dislike of this man. “Tomorrow, I think. I won’t be here, though.” Luna widened her eyes, sitting up properly, staring at him in shock.

“You won’t be here?” she repeated, looking up at Kirune, who casually leaned back on the tree trunk. “You have to be here, he wants to discuss the wedding.” He smiled, shrugging his shoulders carelessly. It seemed he was not too bothered about the details of his younger sister’s big day.

“Too bad,” he smiled, looking at Luna with a grin. “Astral knows I’m against the whole thing anyway. That Yakuza guy gives me the creeps. Sure, he’s the Mayor’s son and everything, but I don’t trust him. I don‘t want my little sister to have to fit into his schedule.” Luna nodded, watching a white, puffy cloud gently floating along in the great azure sky.

“I don’t trust him either,” Luna sighed, averting her eyes from her brother’s tanned face, “but I suppose it’s up to Astral. It‘s her choice. I just hope she made the right decision.” She absent-mindedly picked up a rosy, fallen apple, hurled it as far as she could over the golden field. It dropped into the swaying ocean of waving crops. “So why won’t you be there?” Kirune flopped down onto his front, lazily resting his head on his arms. The hot weather was uncomfortable, making him fidget in the itchy grass.

“I’m making a delivery to Xanadu,” he replied, looking over his shoulder at her. “I leave early tomorrow morning, so I won’t be there to discuss the plans.” Luna raised an eyebrow.

“All the way to Xanadu?” she repeated him again, in disbelief. This was unusual, as the delivery group Kirune worked for usually only sent items to the small villages in the Forgotten Valley. Xanadu, also known as the ‘Flower City’, was about a day’s journey away, therefore well outside his usual area of delivery. “Why would you need to go there?” Restless, he rolled onto his back, looking up into the intertwined branches of the apple tree.

“Something for the Mystic Academy,” he mused, eyeing the fruit dangling on the branches. “Not sure what though, the boss didn’t mention much else.” Luna thought for a moment, remembering the chapter she’d started reading earlier. She was intrigued by the Mystics, but didn’t have the chance to learn much else about them.

“The Mystic Academy?” she repeated quietly, looking at him. Her very expression told him that she wasn’t sure of what this was.

“About this time of year, the new students start gathering there,” he explained. “The Academy is where the young Mystics start their training. They stay there for the basics, then go off across Oberon, journeying to Zyria.” Luna nodded, interested.

“What kind of training?” she asked, curious. “Sounds hard. Zyria is so far away, it’s right on the border with Lapai.” Kirune nodded, closing his eyes in the heat, sweat glistening on his forehead.

“I don’t know much about it,” he continued, “I think they learn to control their magic properly. You know about the Misaku agreement, right?” Misaku was another name that rung a bell in the back of her mind. She shook her head, a sheen rolling across her black hair. “The War of the Mystics?” She shook her head again. Kirune sighed. “I thought you were reading a history book? Anyway, after the War of the Mystics, Lord Misaku made an agreement with them. If Oberon is ever involved in a war, the fully trained mystics have to go out and help the army. In return, all of the Mystics are allowed to live wherever they want to, not confined to the borderlands any more. ‘Course, they have to graduate from the Academy before they can help the Army.”

“So that’s how it ended,” Luna thought to herself. At least she didn’t have to wait to find out what had happened at the end of the chapter.

Kirune stood up, stretched in the light that streamed down through the branches of the tree. With legs like tree trunks, he paced around in the grass, his huge body casting an equally huge shadow. Kirune was affectionately known as the ‘gentle giant’, because of his gigantic stature, and his friendly, caring demeanour. He looked down at his little sister. She was lost in her own mind, obviously absorbed with all he’d just said. Smiling, he had a thought.

“You wanna come with me?” he asked with his gentle tone. She looked up at him, raised an eyebrow.

“Why would you want me to come?” Luna answered his question with another question, looking up with bright blue eyes, a single raised eyebrow. “You’re working, Rune, it’s not like a day trip or something.” Sitting back down in the shade of the tree, Kirune gave a smile.

“You seem kinda interested in the Academy,” he smiled, his green eyes beaming. “I mean, it’s not like you could join or anything, but you can go take a look around for yourself. I think they’re open to everyone when the new students get there this weekend.” Luna thought about it for a second, in a daze, watching a small flower happily swaying in the gentle breeze. She’d love to go, it seemed so fascinating to her. After everything Kirune had said about them, she was surprised she’d never heard about the Mystics before. The way he spoke, they seemed quite important. Especially with the Misaku Agreement. She looked back up at him, a sad smile on her pale face.

“I can’t,” she sighed regretfully, running her fingers in the lush grass. “I have to stay here, for Astral.” Kirune’s happy smile faded.

“Come on, Luna,” he tried to convince her. Hearing a rustle in the grass, he looked over his shoulder, saw his father walking over, carrying a ladder, and a woven basket. He gave a wave, before looking back to his sister. His father smiled back, propping the ladder up against a nearby tree, climbing up to collect the fruit. Kirune spoke again. “Besides, I happen to know you’d do anything to get out of here.”

Luna sighed heavily, knowing he was right. Her older brother was the only one who knew this, as he was the only one she could trust with the information. She trusted her mother and father, but thought they may be offended by her opinion, as justified as it was. Her younger brothers wouldn’t understand, and her moody big sister Astral would just blurt it out at any given opportunity. She wanted to get out of the valley as soon as possible, hated the fact that she could not even go into town without being ridiculed. Running a farm wasn’t her idea of a fun life. She detested the small-town life, and the equally small-minded people that lived there. The only reason she stayed was because she did not want to leave her family behind, go out into the world alone. Although, if she went to Xanadu, she would not be alone. The different surrounding would make a nice change, considering she’d never left the valley in all her seventeen years.

“You‘re right,” she sighed heavily, sliding onto her back in the grass, closing her eyes. “I hate this place. Just two days away would be great.” Kirune smiled, seeing she was coming around to the idea. She continued to talk, convincing herself to accept this offer, justifying her reasons. “Besides, we could see Yakuza at any time, he lives so close. It’s not like we’re missing the wedding or anything.” Kirune nodded as she sat back up, wrapping her arms around her raised knees.

“It’ll be fun,” he said, nodding. “So is that a yes?” He hoped she’d go with him. Some company would be great, and he knew Luna would love a few days away from it all. The way he saw it, the trip would be fun for both of them.

“I’ll think about it,” she replied, resting her head on her knees. Suddenly, a crash echoed from behind the farm house, followed by frantic barks and loud rattling. Then a soft thud, as his father jumped down from the ladder, pacing over to Luna and Kirune.

“Rune, that had better not be your dog back there,” he sighed, smiling, placing the half-filled basket down on the ground. He gave a small laugh. “Although, I doubt the old girl could hurt the chickens anymore.” Kirune immediately leapt to his feet, giving Luna a nod as she grinned back at him.

“I’ll talk to you about it later,” he sighed, rolling his eyes as he took off running through the orchard, away from her. She smiled, waving as he disappeared behind the white building, then looked up at her father, her hair gently flowing in the light winds.

So... yeah. Let me know what you think, good or bad!

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
Wow. I'm impressed. Judging from how you wrote back when you first started ficcing, and now, you've made a whole (butt)load of progress. Great job. I'd like to see more of this fic. Will there be more? :O

Squall18

Great start!:)

I really liked the chapter and look forward to reading more of them.

I hope you'll continue this one.

Again I say, GREAT!:thumbsup:

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
:) Thanks! I'm definitely going to continue it, but it won't be for a while yet. I want to finish KH: TFF before I start regularly updating and stuff. Thanks for the comments.

I was kinda worried that people would read the first chapter and get bored. I like to describe stuff. A lot. Some people find that boring, I guess...

Thanks for the comments. CC is always appreciated ^-^

Squall18

:) Thanks! I'm definitely going to continue it, but it won't be for a while yet. I want to finish KH: TFF before I start regularly updating and stuff. Thanks for the comments.

I was kinda worried that people would read the first chapter and get bored. I like to describe stuff. A lot. Some people find that boring, I guess...

Thanks for the comments. CC is always appreciated ^-^

It's not boring:) , description is good and anyone who does find it boring are boring themselves.

IchigoNeko

Hi there snowdog! I didn't post comment yet (I was at a con--it was really fun; I cosplayed Namine (from CoM)) so here we go again!

So, why didn't the NG just kill Kairi? Sure, they poisoned her, but tossing her in there with two people with magic (does Riku have magic) wasn't the smartest thing to do. If they'd just straight-out killed her, it may not have broken them as much, but it would prevent any astounding comebacks.

Speaking of which, why didn't they go through Sora's (and Riku's) pockets to make sure they didn't have any kind of communication or anything?

Oh, and I really liked the first chapter of the new story. She really likes history, huh?

Last edited:

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Yup, she does ^-^ I'm really excited about this new story, it's hard not to keep writing it.

I'll answer your questions sometime soon (I promise!) I'm not feeling so well at the moment. I'll post this chappy and be on my way.

Chapter Sixty-Two

Sora embraced Kairi as she drifted off into a peaceful slumber, a warm smile on her face. After more hours of talking, they’d decided to go to sleep, knowing that they’d no chance of escaping just yet. Riku and Kairi had since fallen asleep quickly.

Sora was not so quick to fall asleep, lay close to Kairi, his arms wrapped around her as she breathed gently, her body slowly rising and falling against his own. Lying on one side, he propped himself up onto his elbow, lazily rested his head on his hand. He looked at her dreamily, traced a slow finger across her cheek with his loving touch. To him, she was perfect. He tenderly stroked her cheek, running his hand up into her silky crimson hair, felt the cool softness as it fell over his skin. Looking on in quiet awe of her beauty, he gave a small smile. He knew that, in his life, the remaining constant would always be Kairi, thanks to their Paopu fruit. She’d always be there. It was heartening to him. He was in a dreamlike state now, contentedly smiling, his arms circling her body, nothing interrupting his silent happiness.

He jumped as a loud snore shattered the silence. Turning a little, he saw Riku, sprawled out in a deep sleep, a short distance away. Sora grinned after the initial shock. It was almost as if Riku was reminding Sora not to forget about him. Sora could never forget about Riku. Just like Kairi, he’d always be there too. They’d always be best friends. Sora smiled. He’d never be alone.

He was astounded at how Kairi and Riku could just fall asleep here, leaving themselves vulnerable, an easy target for any of the members. Then again, Riku was used to it, and little Kairi was exhausted. Sora wasn’t feeling so secure. Although exhausted after days without proper rest, he could not relax enough to sleep, was paranoid they’d come after Riku or Kairi as they slept. He wanted to stay awake, protect them, no matter what it took.

Hours later, it was still dark, cold and dank. The distant drips persisted, their sound regularly echoing through the shadows. Every so often, Sora was convinced he could hear far-off voices, although he was not sure whether it was just his fearful mind again. He assumed this was probably the members, squabbling amongst themselves.

“At least they sound far away,”
he thought to himself, looking back down at Kairi. She was still curled up at his side, the smile still on her face. He eased himself down onto his side, lay next to her, his forehead gently touching hers. Gently stroking her back with his huge hands, he noticed her expression changing. Her eyes flickered. She smiled as she opened her eyes, recognising Sora’s face. She stretched her arms out.

“What are you doing awake?” she yawned, letting her arms fall around his slim waist. She was surprised at the fact he wasn‘t sleeping while he still had the chance. “You should be getting some rest!” Sora yawned, shook his heavy head.

“I can’t sleep,” he sighed, looking back at her with tired eyes. “Kinda worried they’ll come after you and Riku while you’re asleep, I guess.” She smiled back, reached up with a delicate hand. “Go to sleep, you’ll need some rest.” He smiled at her gentle touch as she caressed his face.

“You’re too nice for your own good,” she smiled. They spoke quietly, fearful of waking Riku. “You’re a light sleeper, Sora, I’m sure you’d wake up if they were around.” He nodded, knowing she was right, and he was being too edgy.

“I know,” he said quietly, “but I wanted to make sure.” He pulled her closer, held her tighter.

“That’s sweet,” she smiled, snuggling up into his chest. She looked up at his beaming face, saw the loving look in his eyes. It faded a little for a moment. She tipped her head to the side, examined his slowly fading expression. She could read his emotions like a book, whether he spoke or not. “Something wrong?” Sora sighed, knowing she could tell in an instant.

“I was wondering,” he mused, “what do you think King Mickey and the others are doing?” Kairi thought for a few minutes, playing with the creases in Sora’s shirt.

“I think they could be on their way here,” she concluded. “It’s where we were heading, after all.” Sora nodded, remembering that Kairi had promised to come after him, and the others had agreed to this plan.

“Yeah,” Sora responded, “and there’s no way they’d ever leave without us.” Kairi nodded, looking back up at him. “Taiko will probably show them the way. How is he?” Kairi shrugged a little.

“Fine, I guess,” she replied, “he was a lot more irritated than usual. After Kali left with you, he seemed like a different person. Really quiet and angry, all the time.” She thought again. “He must be even worse now, King Mickey and the others are gonna be really frustrated by now. Especially Donald.” She giggled.

“No surprises there,” Sora grinned. “I’m sure Taiko will calm down once he gets here. He’ll probably be a little afraid.” Kairi screwed up her face.

“Afraid?” she was confused. “Why would he be afraid?” Sora sighed.

“Same reason I was so afraid of him,” he explained. “After that first fight with Meiji, I was terrified of the members, even though I beat him. Taiko got beaten up by them all, and told he‘d be killed if he went back. Imagine how scared he must feel, having to go back.” Kairi nodded, understanding.

“I see what you mean,” she nodded. “At least he isn’t alone this time. King Mickey won‘t let anything happen to him.”

“I know,” Sora agreed quietly. He glanced back at Riku, who was noisily sleeping a short distance away. His limbs were sprawled out over the floor. Sora looked back to Kairi. She looked up at him with wide, curious eyes.

“Sora,” she whispered, looking up at him, “aren’t you… afraid, too?”

“What do you mean?” he asked, avoiding answering her question with another question.

“Well, the fact they’ve trapped you, for a start,” she replied, staring up at his blank expression. “Aren’t you afraid of what they might do?” Sora was quiet, sat contemplating her question.

“Y’know,” he started, “it’s kinda funny, but… no. I’m not afraid at all, really.” Kairi’s eyes widened, bewildered. He’d been terrified throughout the whole journey, but now he seemed calm and placid. “Not for myself, anyway.”

“Then what are you afraid of?” she asked, rubbing his back with gentle fingers.

“All along the journey,” he explained, “I was afraid of the stuff I didn’t know. The New Generation, what they’d done to Riku, Square-One, that kind of thing. Now, I’ve been in Square-One a few days, Riku is here with me, I know a little about most of the members, so I don’t have much else to be afraid of.” Sora had had a lot of time to think over the journey, and after getting used to the situation, he was much more level headed. The shaky, terrified side of him had gone, replaced with a calm, nonchalant demeanour. Kairi slowly nodded.

“But… what about Mikado?” she whispered, jumping as Riku suddenly shouted something in his sleep. Sighing, realising it was Riku, she looked back up at Sora. “Aren’t you a little scared about what he has to do with this? He’s their leader, after all.” Sora thought a while, the contemplation showing in his face.

“I guess,” he thought, “but I beat Ansem, and Mikado can’t be much worse… right?” He blinked, thinking this over. Perhaps Mikado wasn’t as powerful as the others had made him out to be. Maybe he was just the brains behind it all, masterminding their plot. He hoped, anyway. Sora did not think of this for much longer. After all, he’d find all this out for himself soon enough. Noticing Kairi staring at him, he snapped out of his thoughts.

“Well, it’s weird, but…” he mused, looking back at her with his crystal blue eyes, “not really. I mean, we’re probably gonna meet him sometime soon, right?” Kairi nodded, listening to him. “I think we’ll find out all about him then, so I don’t see any point in getting too worried about it.” He was thinking of this logically. His brave smile faded, now he looked a little sheepish, his eyes away from hers. “I guess the only thing I’m afraid of now is them taking you and Riku from me.” He rolled onto his back, looked up into the blanket of shadows lingering above his head. “I never want that to happen again.” He dreamily traced into the darkness with shaky hands, drawing faded images of happier times. Feeling a warm touch on his chest, he looked down to see Kairi lying there, one arm curling around his neck.

“It won’t happen,” Kairi reassured him, propping herself up on his chest. “We’ll stay with you, Sora. It’s like you said, you’ll always be with me.” She leaned up, kissed him softly. He nodded, smiled back at her.

“That’s good to know,” he smiled, kissing her again. He embraced her, pulled her closer, held her body tight against his own.

Kairi giggled as he leaned in for another kiss. Suddenly, as their lips were about to touch, he stopped, pulling away and lifting her back down onto the floor. Kairi sighed, disappointed at his abrupt ending to what could have been one of the few nice memories of her time here.

He carefully sat her down on his warm coat, stood up. Looking around, suspicious, he shushed her as she tried to speak. The perfect silence surrounded him as he listened carefully, all the while peering into the intimidating darkness. Kairi got up, stood next to him. Completely on edge, his expression told her that Sora didn’t like this situation. Alert, he summoned the Keyblade. He wasn’t taking any chances.

After standing perfectly still and silent for a minute, Sora dismissed the Keyblade, sat back down on the floor. Kairi joined him, sitting in front of him, her arms around his neck.

“What was all that about?” she asked, slightly unnerved by Sora’s actions.

“Sorry,” he said, putting his arms at her slim waist. He kissed her softly. “I thought I heard something.” Kairi smiled, her hands finding their way into his spiky brown hair. She looked into his smiling eyes, knowing he was only trying to protect both her and Riku. About to kiss him, she closed her eyes.

“Sora…”

A ghostly voice stopped her dead, sent a paralysing shiver down her spine. Trembling, she opened her eyes, saw a frown fixed on Sora’s face.

“I knew I heard something,” he whispered, letting go of her and standing back up. He looked down at Kairi. She’d instantly curled up, almost in a ball, sat with her legs up and her forehead resting on her knees. Her hair fell down over her, almost hiding her. “Kai, wake Riku up.” She looked up at him, nodded a single time. Crawling along on her hands and knees, she tried to be as quiet as she possibly could.

Sora stood tall, the Keyblade at his side, ready to defend his friends. Looking out into the darkness, he could not see any obvious threats. He knew it was probably the New Generation playing tricks with his mind, but wanted to take every precaution. It was better to be safe than sorry, after all.

“Kairi…”

Sora glanced at Kairi, sat at Riku’s side. He was slowly waking up now, was sitting up next to her. Each of her hairs stood on end, goose bumps popping up all over her skin. Wide-eyed and petrified, she trembled as she stood up, clung to Sora for safety. He put one arm around her, holding the Keyblade with the other.

“What’s going on?” Riku yawned, stretching his arms as he stood up. He cleared his throat, making his voice return to normal. “Y’know, I was having a great sleep there. This had better be worth it.” He stood at their sides, his arms tightly folded. Riku hated being woken up.

“We can hear something,” Kairi whimpered, grasping Sora tightly around the middle with both arms. “Something out there.” She tore one arm away from him for a second, pointed out into the uncertain shadows with a shaky finger.

Hope you like it.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Darn cliffies. XD Anyway, it was good. Do they think Kairi is dead? And it does make sense for the NG to try and take Riku and Kairi back...Did you ever answer why they put Sora in with Riku in the first place? And then Kairi? If you did, I forgot...

IchigoNeko

Darn cliffies. XD Anyway, it was good. Do they think Kairi is dead? And it does make sense for the NG to try and take Riku and Kairi back...Did you ever answer why they put Sora in with Riku in the first place? And then Kairi? If you did, I forgot...

EDIT: Sorry, double post.

Last edited:

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
hi everyone i'm back! i hope u didnt forget me i've been really busy with school and stuff great chappies snowdog! RIKU's BACK!!! YAY!!!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hi.

Right, IchigoNeko, I'm feeling better today so you can have some answers. I'll do my best.

Riku can't use magic in this fanfic, so only Sora can use it. TNG think Kairi is dead, so throwing her in there would be another way to torment 'em. And no, they're too dumb to search them... Oh, and they put Sora and Riku together to confuse him... I think it's explained somewhere in the fic.

Hey Oathkeeper2u and sh im playin kh2 :) Nice to see ya. Thanks for the comments!

Chapter Sixty-Three

Riku sighed. They’d woken him up for this?

“It’ll be the members,” Riku dismissed their actions, rolling his eyes. “Come on, Sora, you‘re just scaring Kai now.” Kairi turned to Riku, shook her head.

“No way,” she whimpered, “I heard it myself, it said Sora, then Kairi.” Riku clicked his tongue.

“You two need some more sleep,” he sighed, “you’re imagining things. Seriously, sleep deprivation is a terrible thing. You should get it checked out.” Sora frowned, holding Kairi tightly in one arm. Riku laughed, taking steps around the ground. “Soraaaa, Kairiii…” He dragged his words out, trying to sound ghostly and scary. Kairi closed her eyes, buried herself into Sora’s side. She knew he was only joking, but she was still afraid. Riku put his arms to his sides, strolled over to them. “There’s nothing there, just go to sleep.”

“Sora…”

Just as Riku had finished talking, there it went again. His eyes widened, his heartbeat accelerated. Trembling with fear, he stood close to Sora, drew his sword with shaky hands. It sure didn’t sound like any of the members.

“Told you,” Sora smiled. Riku scowled back.

“Sora…”

It was getting closer, louder, and more frequent. Sora held Kairi tightly with one arm, held the Keyblade forward with the other. He’d had enough of this, was going to find out what it was, once and for all. He let go of Kairi, stood forward, facing where he could hear the noises. Holding the Keyblade with both hands, concentrating his energy, he pointed it off into the shadows.

“Light!” he shouted. A blazing beam of white light burned into the darkness, lighting up the shadows. The ground was solid rock, littered with smaller stones. Higher rocks and pillars of stone towered over them, dotted around the vast landscape. The ravine was much bigger than expected. The mists blanketed the floor, forever swirling and flowing over the ground. Peering off into the distance, he saw figures looking back at him. They turned, began to run towards the shield.

“They’re coming this way,” Kairi wailed, peeking out from under her hands. She, like Sora and Riku, hoped it would not be the members.

As they grew closer, coming into focus, Riku dropped his sword. His jaw hit the ground as he took slow steps towards the invisible walls.

“What the - ” he rubbed his eyes. “It… can‘t be?!”

“Riku!” the voice shouted again. Now closer, it had lost the ghostly echo it once contained. It was much more familiar. Sora smiled in relief as he walked over to Riku. Kairi followed along.

“King Mickey?” she whispered. Riku and Sora nodded, too busy smiling to shout back.

Now up close, King Mickey stood at the opposite side of the shield, Donald and Goofy grinning at his sides. Taiko was stood behind them. He gave a nod to Kairi. She smiled back.

“You have no idea how happy we are to see you!” Sora smiled. He spoke quietly, to avoid attracting unwanted attention. “How did you get in here?” King Mickey shook his head, shushed him.

“There’ll be time for that later,” King Mickey explained, his tone hushed. “We need to get out of here, while we still can!” He turned to run, and along with the others, began to sprint away.

“Hey, hey!” Riku shouted, trying to get their attention, the exact opposite of what Sora was doing. He cupped his hands around his mouth, trying to make himself louder. “Some help would be great!” They turned back, seeing Sora, Kairi and Riku jumping up and down on the spot, waving their arms and shouting. It was an unusual sight to behold. Trying not to laugh, they walked back. “There’s a shield,” Riku pointed out. “We can’t get out.”

“Where?” Goofy put his hands out to find the invisible wall. Taiko jumped up in alarm, spread his arms to grab Goofy. He dragged him away from the shield, stood him further away.

“Unless you want to be shocked, I suggest you take Riku’s word for it,” he smiled, giving a friendly nod to Riku. Riku smiled back, happy to see his old friend. King Mickey scratched his chin.

“Try the Keyblade,” he said to Sora. “Maybe you can overpower it.” Sora shook his head.

“I did that to the last one,” Sora sighed, “and Riku and I got out. We weren’t out for long. Jinn cast a stronger shield to keep us in. I tried the Keyblade again, but it didn’t work.” Donald frowned.

“Just once?” he quacked in disapproval. “Try it again!” Riku laughed a little, and Kairi covered her mouth, trying not to let out a loud giggle.

“No way,” Sora shook his head, smiling. “I’m not getting shocked again just to prove it won’t work.” He ran a hand through his wet, spiky hair. Taiko stood still, quietly trying to think of a solution. He sighed miserably.

“I hate to be the voice of ill fortune,” he stated, “but the only way you’ll get out is if Jinn lets you out.” He made a disappointed click of the tongue, sighed heavily.

“There will be no chance of that happening,” a voice called from behind. They whirled around to see Meiji staring back at them, a cruel smile on his face. “I’ll make sure of it.” King Mickey, Donald and Goofy stood forward, ready to fight. Taiko held one arm out, stopping them.

“I’ll handle this,” he whispered, letting his rucksack drop to the ground. He took off his broken glasses, handed them to King Mickey.

Sora, Kairi and Riku looked on helplessly as Meiji circled Taiko, his sword drawn, ready to fight. True, Meiji was not very strong, but although Taiko’s wounds had healed, he was still disadvantaged. He didn’t even have a sword. How would he defend himself? Donald and Goofy looked to their King, waiting for an instruction. King Mickey’s mind raced, hoping Taiko would be alright. He was willing to step in if things got out of control, and so decided to let Taiko fight alone. He wanted his revenge, and the King did not want to get in his way.

“What’s this?” Meiji laughed, mocking Taiko. “You think you can fight me, old timer?” Taiko nodded, looking confident. “I suppose I’ll have to be the one that finishes what we started.” Cracking his gloved knuckles, Taiko stood, ready to fight, a determined look of his face.

“No,” he shook his head. “I know I can beat you.” He narrowed his eyes, scowling at Meiji. “There’s nothing to stop me getting my revenge right now. You don’t have the others here this time, Meiji.” Taiko seemed to be intimidating him, trying to throw his concentration. “And I think we both know how weak you are.” Meiji stopped, stood behind Taiko.

“Is that so?” Meiji smiled, although he knew Taiko was right. However, there was no way he’d let his doubt in himself show through. “You might want to rethink that.” His sword over his shoulder, he took a few steps away from Taiko.

Taiko, his eyes closed, seemed to be unaware of what was going on. Meiji held his sword back, ready to strike, took a running jump towards him.

“Look out!” Kairi screamed, terrified Taiko would not have time to react.

With lightning-fast reflexes, Taiko turned, grabbing Meiji’s arm before he hit the ground. Panicking, Meiji slashed with his sword, but it was no use. In a painfully slow split-second, Meiji saw Taiko smirk before throwing him to the ground. He crashed to the floor, his sword flying up into the air. Taiko caught it as it fell back to the ground, then hurled it off into the darkness. Meiji watched from the floor as it flew into the distance, its gleam fading away to black.

“Why did he throw the sword away?” Sora whispered to Riku, watching their battle from the shield. Riku smiled knowingly.

CC is appreciated, hope you like it.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Nice. Go Taiko. Does he use hand-to-hand combat, then?

And it was pretty dumb of them to toss Kairi in there without making sure she was dead. Seems a bit odd to me...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hello.

Back to school tomorrow -.-; which means less time to write chappies. *sigh* I'll keep updating though, no need to worry!

They're not as smart as you, IchigoNeko ^-^ They're pretty dumb at times.

Thanks oathkeeper2u, it's my second sig, I just started making 'em. Not so good yet though! ^-^

Chapter Sixty-Four

Meiji struggled back onto his feet, stood before Taiko. He seemed to be quietly apprehensive, but was shakily taking an aggressive stance. Taiko grinned, clenching his fists as Meiji reluctantly ran towards him.

“You’ll pay for that,” Meiji spat as he thundered towards Taiko. He flung himself forward, shoulder first, trying to knock Taiko back onto the floor.

Taiko bent his knees, put one stretched hand onto the floor. Just as Meiji was about to hit him, he pushed himself up off the ground, leaping up into the air. He effortlessly whirled around in mid-air, before making a perfect landing on the floor. Meiji had lost his balance a little, had stumbled onto the ground. He heaved himself from the floor, knowing he had to keep going.

Taiko ran at Meiji, throwing a clenched fist as he turned around. Meiji dropped to the floor, shielding his head with both hands. Taiko towered over him.

“Tell us how to get them out,” he whispered sternly, kneeling at Meiji’s side.

“No,” Meiji shouted, still on the floor. “I have orders to follow, old man.” He suddenly caught Taiko off guard, grabbed his hair, dragging his face to the ground. Meiji then pushed Taiko away, stood up as quickly as he possibly could.

Meiji kicked Taiko down to the floor as he tried to get up. He then turned, pacing away. Taiko looked up, saw Meiji had quickly turned again to attack with a running kick. He leapt to his feet, deftly back flipping away from Meiji’s attack. Angered, Meiji ran after Taiko, throwing punches and kicks as Taiko somersaulted away, dodging every single attack.

“That’s amazing,” Kairi whispered. Sora nodded, agreeing. “I had no idea Taiko could do something like that.” Riku smiled knowingly, giving Sora and Kairi a single nod. He’d known about Taiko’s acrobatic skills all along.

Their eyes widened as they watched Taiko skilfully somersaulting out of Meiji’s reach. Once fragile and weak, Taiko was more of a liability than an asset. Now performing back flips and cartwheels effortlessly, it seemed this had turned for the better. His agility in battle was astounding. Sora could now see why he’d thrown the sword away. He didn’t need it, his own body proving to be a greater weapon.

A short distance between them, Taiko and Meiji faced each other, both with narrowed eyes and pained expressions. Neither seemed willing to give in. Taiko slowly raised his fists, held them before his face in defence. It seemed he was more concerned with protecting himself than attacking Meiji. After all, it was Meiji that started their fight in the first place.

“Let them out,” Taiko said, a quiet but stern authority in his voice. He stretched one arm out, pointed at Sora, Kairi and Riku, trapped within the shield. Meiji folded his arms, frowning back at Taiko.

“I told you,” he replied, his voice raised, “they aren’t going anywhere.” He shifted his weight from one leg to the other. “Besides, I couldn’t let them out, even if I wanted to.” He gave a malicious smile.

“Great,” Taiko said to himself, under his breath. He looked up at Meiji, raised his voice. “They haven’t done anything to deserve this.” Meiji gave a loud laugh, scoffing at Taiko’s words.

King Mickey and the others stayed quiet, merely watching what was going on. They’d only step in if Taiko couldn’t handle the situation.

“Well, two of them haven’t done anything,” he commented, rubbing his chin. He gave a cruel nod at Sora. “He’s the one we were after.” Sora scowled back at him, narrowing his eyes in frustration. He wanted to get out there, help Taiko fight Meiji off.

“What do you want with him anyway?” Taiko asked, his tone angry and forceful, trying to scare Meiji into response.

“Better question,” Meiji smirked arrogantly. “Why are you so concerned about him?” He gestured to Sora with one arm, looking back and forth between him and Taiko. “He’s just some kid. You’re willing to fight me to get him out of there. There must be an ulterior motive somewhere.” He began to pace towards Taiko, a self-satisfied smile on his face. Taiko had not attacked him, had just defended himself. Meiji thought Taiko would not attack, and so had new-found confidence.

“He’s my friend,” Taiko smiled positively, watching Meiji sauntering over. “And friends don’t leave friends with sickos like you.” By now, Meiji was right up in his face, his icy cold eyes staring intently at him. A frown fixed on his tattooed face, Meiji seemed to be offended by Taiko’s comments. Still feeling confident, he smiled before speaking again. “Tell me. Why would the New Generation be interested in kidnapping him? After all, you must have a motive too.” Meiji grinned.

“I love how you think I’ll just divulge that information,” he laughed in Taiko’s face. “Forget it. Like I said, I have orders to follow. That includes not letting fools know Master Mikado’s plans.” Taiko sighed, letting his eyes wander a moment.

“Not letting fools know Mikado’s plans?” Taiko grinned, repeating Meiji’s words. He got closer to his face, lowered his voice to a whisper. “Then just how did you find out about them?” Meiji roared in anger, grabbed Taiko by the throat. Although it wasn’t a very good joke, it had intensely infuriated Meiji. He was far too vain to take these cheap jibes at his expense, responded by lashing out. It seemed he wasn‘t at his most intelligent when under pressure, letting his mind become clouded with anger.

Enraged, he tightened his grip around Taiko’s neck, holding him with strong hands. Taiko did not struggle, simply stared back with a look of disdain.

“I told you, old man!” Meiji growled, glaring into Taiko’s deep jade eyes. “I’ll be the one to finish what the New Generation started.” Taiko slowly shook his head, his face turning red. He had to do something quickly.

Taiko clenched his fists, the leather of his gloves creasing as he tightened his grip. He would suffocate if he didn’t act now. Holding one fist back, he began to pummel Meiji in the stomach, trying to break free. Winded, he loosened his grip around Taiko’s throat, dropping to the ground. He clutched his stomach, wincing in pain. Taiko massaged his throat, wheezing as he tried to regain his interrupted breathing pattern. He kicked Meiji to the ground in frustration. Both breathing heavily, trying to regain energy, they scowled at each other. Meiji struggled to his feet, eager to get even with Taiko after that last attack. His ears twitched, he looked around as he heard a far away noise.

Footsteps echoed in the distance, getting closer and closer with each small thud, occasionally splashing through one of the many small puddles. Appearing from the darkness, stood like a mysterious phantom in the uncertain shadows, Jinn eyed the many people gathered there in the ravine. He looked to the shield, saw Sora, Kairi and Riku still trapped there, staring back at him with wide eyes, King Mickey, Donald and Goofy stood close. Last of all, he saw Meiji standing with his fists raised, Taiko stood looking back at him. The already aggressive atmosphere grew more even more intimidating, the tension building in the air.

“What is going on here, Meiji?!” Jinn hissed, standing near the shield. Everyone turned to look at him, his grating voice attracting their attention. His very presence commanded respect, as they all seemed to fall silent when he appeared. “How did they get in here?” He pointed to King Mickey, Donald and Goofy, before turning to Kairi. He glared at her. “You’re… alive?” He frowned as she nodded, a scowl on her face. His arms behind his back, Jinn strolled over to Taiko. “And you?!” Taiko stopped massaging his sore neck, gave Jinn his full attention. He may not have been a member any more, but for some reason was still afraid of Jinn.

“I don’t know how they got in here,” Meiji stuttered, trying to keep calm. “I came down here to look for the disturbance, just like you ordered, and found these guys trying to break them out.” Jinn looked him in the eye.

“I suppose you aren’t as competent as I once thought,” Jinn mused, scowling at Meiji. Meiji blushed, obviously embarrassed. He did not dare argue with Jinn, simply stepped back. Jinn turned to Taiko, narrowed his eyes in severe disapproval. “Now what are you doing here? I thought we scared you off for good, Taiko.” His irritating voice seemed to be like a constant hiss, a drone. Taiko looked at Sora, then back at Jinn. He took a deep breath.

“I came back for Sora,” Taiko stated, breathing deeply, exhausted from his battle. He managed to keep calm and confident. “ I came for Kairi and Riku too. I’m not letting them rot down here with you.” Jinn raised a small smile. Even his smile was creepy.

“But… why?” Jinn laughed mockingly. “I thought we told you. If you returned, we’d kill you.” Taiko sighed, having to explain himself again.

“They’re my friends,” he stated, proud, nodding at Sora. Jinn laughed louder.

“Seems you’re desperate,” he laughed, before turning to Sora. He took slow steps towards Sora, Kairi and Riku, glancing at King Mickey as he walked. King Mickey, Donald and Goofy all frowned back at him. They did not dare do or even say anything else, afraid of angering him. Meiji ran at his side, stopped him. He whispered in Jinn’s ear. Jinn then nodded, and Meiji scuttled off into the darkness. Jinn then stood at the other side of the shield, right in front of Sora.

“What do you want with him?” Riku shouted, pushing Sora aside to face Jinn. “And don’t think we haven’t worked out what happened to Sora, we know you were impersonating me!” Sora was a little scared at Jinn’s sinister presence, but Riku was much braver. He hadn’t forgotten what he’d done to Sora, and Kairi. If there wasn’t a wall between them, he’d have lashed out. Jinn smiled, seeing the anger blazing in Riku’s eyes. He sighed.

“Silence, young one,” Jinn smiled cruelly, looking Sora up and down with malicious eyes. “He will find out for himself, soon enough.” Giving one last smile, he wandered quite a distance away, looked away into the shadows. He seemed to be smiling, speaking to someone. They weren’t too sure who, until figures appeared in the darkness.

“They’re here,” Taiko whispered to the others, pointing out the obvious.

Jinn turned to them, snapped his fingers. A buzz filled the air, a smoky smell emanating from around the shield. Lightning flashed, lighting the shield up, making it visible. It cracked, then exploded. They shielded their eyes as smoke and debris flew through the air, swirling around, making it difficult for them to see. The invisible shield was gone. Sora ran out, stood a distance in front of King Mickey.

Jinn was now stood with three other members of the New Generation, but the swirling dust made it difficult to see properly. Sora squinted, trying to see which members were with him, but it was no use. He sighed, waiting for the dust to clear. Riku joined him, drew his sword. He gestured at Sora with it, silently urging him to summon the Keyblade. Sora understood, held the Keyblade tightly.

Taiko squinted, peering forward, then gasped.

“Sora! Riku! Get out of the way!” he shouted at the top of his voice. The dust cleared, revealing the silhouetted outline of a human figure stood right in front of them.

Jinn smiled sinisterly in the background, snapped his fingers. At that point, torches, attached to the taller rocks, were set ablaze, lighting up the darkness, unmasking the shadows.

Hope you like it. CC is appreciated.

<3 <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back