• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
first off, i just want to make a few things clear...

1. i haven't played kh2 yet, so some stuff in this fanfic may be completely irrelevant and untrue to the game. however, once i've played it, i'll clear as much stuff up as possible.
2. i need to practise descriptive writing, so be prepared for lots of metaphors, and paragraphs setting up locations and characters. (especially in the first chappy, it's quite long and most of it is description, but once it's out of the way, things should pick up)
3. i'll be writing new chappies as i go along, so there'll be a lot of unexpected stuff ^_^
4. there'll be romance involved, i've never really had a chance to write anything like this! expect mushy stuff.
EDIT: 5. Some violence towards the later chapters, I guess I should put a warning in here.
6. The beginning is terrible. I know. It's unoriginal, but I couldn't think of another starting point. Plus, some of it ties in with later events ^-^

i've been thinking of writing a fanfic for a while, but i haven't had time recently. i've worked on this for the past week or so, and already two chapters are finished ^_^ it picks up where KH1 left off.

EDIT: When I first wrote this, there was no title, but a friend named it for me. Kingdom Hearts: The Final Frontier.

Chapter One

Crystal waves gently washed up the golden sands of the shoreline, then erupted in a shining silver explosion as they broke. Tall, hanging palm trees offered some much-needed shelter from the blazing hot summer sun. The endless blue sky was unspoilt, without a single fluffy cloud to obscure the view. It was so clear that you could see the horizon, off in the distance, over the inviting warm seas. True, it seemed like a lost island paradise, like the most beautiful place in all of the worlds, like an idyllic perception of a perfect place. Well, almost perfect. To her, it always seemed as though something important was missing.

Kairi stood at the water's edge, sand between her toes, the waves gently reaching for her feet, almost inviting her to swim in its depths. The gentle summer breeze lifted her long crimson hair from her shoulders. It swirled in the currents for a moment, then fell back down to her skin. Her peircing blue eyes gazed off towards the horizon, always watching, waiting. The once happy, carefree girl was gone, replaced by a distant figure, a different person. Every day for the past two years, she'd gone out to the beach, looking toward the horizon, forever awaiting his return.

She sighed heavily. "Come back to me, Sora," she thought. "I miss you."

Everything she saw on the island reminded her of Sora. The blue skies reminded her of his beautiful, perfect blue eyes, that loving gaze that she missed so much. The bright summer sunshine reminded her of his smile, a smile that could always cheer her up. Even the soft golden sands reminded her of his touch. She was surrounded by memories of him. She remembered how he and Riku had raced to share a paopu with her, how they'd spend hours talking, and how they'd always had their own "Secret Place".

Kairi hadn't been to the Secret Place for the long two years, the memories were just too painful. She had decided a while ago that she'd only go once Sora had returned. The last time she visited, she carved herself giving him half a paopu fruit. Once he was back, she planned to give him half, so that he'd never be away from her again. In her heart, she wanted to believe he'd return, but after two long years of waiting, she was beginning to lose hope. She often wondered if they'd ever meet again. Just the thought of never seeing his beautiful eyes was enough to bring her to tears, so she tried not to think of it. But, at times, it was hard for her not to break down. A single, silver tear rolled down her cheek.

"He'll come back," she whispered, reassuring herself. "He promised he would."

She sat down on the sand, and drew her legs up. She then wrapped her arms around her legs, and rested her chin on her knees. A shower of silver tears fell as she continued to think of him. She knew she needed to stop this, and try to get on with her life, but she couldn't stop thinking of him. Kairi longed for him more than anything else. She sighed again and wiped the tears from her eyes, wondering if she'd be alone with her thoughts forever.

The sun had begun to set, hovering above the horizon, flooding the sky with a pink and orange haze. Even the crystal blue sea had been tinted with an orange glow. The air was slightly cooler, and the once warm, gentle breeze had begun to pick up. The long summer day was beginning to come to an end, but still, Kairi sat on the beach, forever waiting. She was getting drowsy, and needed to squint her eyes to see properly. Disappointed with another day of just sitting around, waitng, she realised that it was time to leave. Kairi reluctantly picked up her shoes, took one last, long look at the ocean, and turned to leave the beach.

That was when she heard it.

long, eh? ^_^ sorry about that, i wanted to set up the atmosphere, emotions, and mood. if anyone posts, ill update tomorrow.
criticism is appreciated, but dont be too mean, its my first fanfic :eek:

Last edited:

lv_kh0720

hey snowdog I've promised to read your fanfic, sorry coz I'm out of fanfics stuff this whole week :D

Are you going to involve Sora in this story? (I guess you will) :D just continue it!

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
wow, thanks for all the comments... i didnt expect anyone to read this ^^
yeah, sora's involved in this, just wait and see ;)
i've got about 5 chapters written out so far, but i've got all of the storyline completely finished. the next chapter will be up a little later tonight.

thanks dark dutchman, that's really flattering :)

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
sorry about double-posting, but i said i'd have the chappy up tonight, and here it is :) :

Chapter Two

There it was again. A voice, swimming up through the thunderous crashes of the waves. Kairi listened carefully, ignoring all of the distractions. She wouldn't turn around to look at the ocean, thinking it was her lonely mind playing tricks on her.

"Kairi!" She realised what it was saying, it was calling her name. Shocked, she turned around, looking over the ocean, looking for whatever was calling her name.

"Kairi!" There it was again. Louder and clearer now. She dropped her shoes and slowly paced forward, following the shouts. The cool waves exploded over her feet, washing up over her ankles. She stood perfectly still in the shadows, scanning the water. Something caught her eye. Something moving towards her. The ever-dimming light was more and more difficult to see in. The fact that she was completely exhausted didn't help either. She squinted her eyes to look at it.

No... It couldn't be... Could it?

"Sora?" she said under her breath, full of quiet hope.

As it came closer, she could see it much more clearly. Her bright blue eyes widened. She was suddenly full of energy and life. A huge smile spread across her face as she watched the spiky hair bouncing up and down as he swam.

"Sora!" She began to run through the waves, as they sprayed her legs with the salty water. She splashed as she went, struggling to fight the larger waves. Her delicate frame wasn't strong enough to run at full speed against the oncoming water.

He too had reached much more shallow water, he could wade now, instead of swimming. Kairi could see the huge smile beaming from his face as he got closer and closer. She'd dreamt of this moment ever since he left, and time seemed to stand still. He was running now, flinging the water as he went, sending the sparkling droplets like precious diamonds in the late sun. His arms were spread wide open, ready to pluck her from the water. Kairi slowly spread her arms too, unable to fully comprehend what was happening, frozen to the same spot.

After a few minutes that had seemed like an eternity, he had reached her. Sora threw his arms around her, holding her tiny body close to his own, so tightly that he thought he'd never be able to let go. She didn't want him to let go.

"Oh, Kairi," he pulled away slightly so that he could take a proper look at her face. "I've missed you so much." Seeing her face stunned him, the cute little girl he'd left behind had blossomed into a beautiful young woman. She smiled, looking back at him. He didn't look different at all. He still had the same beautiful blue eyes, and spiky, messy hair. He was much taller, though, and a little more muscular.

"Thank goodness you're safe," she said. "I was so worried about you." Tears of happiness tumbled down her cheeks as she held him tightly again. "I missed you so much, I just can't believe you're really here!" He smiled back at her.

"I've waited for so long," she sniffed. "I wasn't sure if you were going to come back at all." She buried her face in his chest.

"I promised you I'd be back," he leaned down and whispered gently into her ear. "And here I am. You don't have to worry any longer. We're together again." His loving words reassured her, and she looked up at him. Saw his tear-stained face.

"We are," she smiled, wiping a tear from his soft cheek. "Nothing can change that." He looked down at her with his deep blue eyes. Their eyes met, and Sora smiled. Kairi gazed back at him. She'd missed him for such a long time. The moment seemed perfect. She felt her heart bursting in her chest, and couldn't fight it any longer. Sora was still gazing blissfully into her eyes. She moved her arms around his neck, and stood on her toes, leaning in to kiss him.

Overjoyed, he leaned down to kiss her back. He had missed her a lot, and being away gave him time to think. He loved her, and wanted to be with her all the time he was gone. Just before their lips could touch, in a moment of realisation, Sora moved away. Instead, to distract her attention, he picked her up, and carried her to the shore. Disappointed in himself, he sighed heavily.

"Come on," he said, trying to sound a little happier. " We've got a lot to catch up on."

chapter three will be up soon.
sorry about it being so slow moving, i want it to be perfect ^^
theres a lot of crying to be done, but is it sad or happy? ;)

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
ok, double posting again ^^;

this one's rather longish too, i keep trying to shorten them but it doesnt sound as good :confused: let me know if it's too long.

Chapter Three

It was darker now. The full, white moon hung in the dotted blanket of the sky, casting its pure light over the calm ocean, lining the waves with a silver edge. Sora and Kairi sat on the beach together, hand in hand. Kairi was a little disappointed about her failed attempt at kissing him, but after remembering that Sora was shy, she didn't let it get in the way of them catching up.

"Wow," said a breathless Sora. "So you've been out here every single night?" Kairi nodded. Sora felt very flattered, and felt his face turn bright pink. "She really does like me," he thought to himself, grinning. They'd spent a long time sitting on the beach talking, and remembering the old times together. Kairi hung on every word as he told her of what he'd gone through before finding her. She shivered in the midnight air. The wind was getting stronger and much colder.

"Brr," her whole body quivered. She felt the hairs on the back of her neck prick up. The cold, biting wind rustled through the palm trees, whipping up grains of sand. Sora stood up.

"Come on," he said to her, helping her up and wrapping his coat around her shoulders. "I know where we can go."

~~~

Streams of white moonlight lit up the small cave, revealing the dusty markings on the walls. Sora trailed his hand across the cool stone, sending the dust swirling in and out of the moonlight. He turned to face Kairi, who seemed just as happy to be there.

"What are you smiling at?" he asked playfully. "Is there something you're not telling me?" Kairi tried to hide her smiles, but she couldn't help it.

"I haven't been in here since you left," she confessed. "I'm just happy that everything's the way I left it." Sora's goofy smile grew even wider. Then, something caught his eye.

He knelt down on the floor and dusted the years from the stone. There it was, his carving of himself giving Kairi a paopu fruit. Sora looked up at her, and reached for her hand. He put his arm around her shoulder as she squatted down next to him. Rubbing away the cobwebs and dust, he revealed the rest of the picture, revealing Kairi's part of the carving. He then looked at Kairi, his smile even bigger than before.

"It's perfect," he breathed. "I didn't know you felt that way. Well... until before, that is."

"Yeah..." she replied, blushing. "I guess I always have, but I needed time to think it over properly." Her eyes lit up with joy as he leaned towards her. He closed his eyes, and kissed her softly on the lips. He lingered for a moment, then pulled away from her.

For the next few seconds, they sat, staring lovingly into eachother's eyes, smiling. Sora caressed her cheek softly with his fingers. His eyes met hers again, and his face suddenly changed. He couldn't sit there like that any longer, and he avoided her eyes, fidgeting.

"Kairi," he sighed, hanging his head, clutching her delicate hand in his own. "I can't do this." Her blue eyes widened.

"What?" she seemed puzzled by the situation. She squeezed his hand and tried to look into his eyes.

"I just..." Sora avoided her questioning gaze. "There's something you have to know, Kairi. I-"

"What?" an inquisitive Kairi interrupted. "Is this why... you wouldn't kiss me earlier?" She hoped this would provide some answers.

"Kind of," Sora's voice was shaky. Beads of sweat formed on his brow. His eyes wandered, darting everywhere but in her direction. "I need to..."

"You need to what?!" she was getting increasingly frustrated and impatient.

Sora took a deep breath. His eyes were much less vivid, and his face drained of all its colour. It was now or never.

"I..." he stuttered, then blurted it out. "I need to leave."

dum dum dum.... i have a thing about cliffhangers ^^;
these are way too long, lol.
comments are always appreciated :)

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
sorry, i know i'm double posting again, but i'm not risking 20 mins of typing through an edit, lol.

Chapter Four

Kairi was completely stunned. She couldn't believe what he's said as the words sunk in. All her renewed hopes of them being together came crashing down all around her. She tried to come to terms with what he was saying, frozen to the spot, her eyes transfixed on the floor. When she looked up again, she saw her perfect eyes welling up with tears. He was obviously shaken by what he'd had to do. Kairi hated to see him upset. She threw her arms around him, hugging him, holding him close to her body, like a mother comforting her precious child. She tried to reassure him, no matter how upset she was.

"But... Why do you have to leave?" she asked him, trying to sound calm, although, at that moment, that was the very last emotion she was feeling. Sora looked up at her, moving away so that he could see her face. He put her arms around her and began to explain himself.

"Riku is still missing," he confessed to her. "Donald, Goofy and I found King Mickey two days ago. He explained to us that, almost a year ago, he and Riku were separated. He didn't give us any details though." Shocked, Kairi suddenly began to worry about Riku's safety above all else.

"So... Where is he?" Kairi questioned, still trying to sound calm. "Couldn't you find him?" Sora shook his head, talking was becoming increasingly difficult. He was terrified about what could have happened to Riku.

"It's hard to say where he is," he said quietly. "If he'd only been gone a few days, he couldn't have gone far. But, since he's been gone a year..." He broke off mid-sentence, and gazed up through the cracked ceiling, into the clear midnight sky.

"He could be anywhere," she said under her breath. She was still trying to take it all in. Sora nodded. "You have to go look for him. That's why you're leaving." She looked at his solemn face. Again, he nodded.

"Yes," he said very quietly. "And it's why I couldn't kiss you before." The peices of the puzzle were all fitting together. Kairi understood. It all made sense.

"Knowing you would be leaving..." she paused. "It would have been the kindest thing to do." He nodded a third time.

"I just couldn't..." he took a moment to collect his thoughts. "I couldn't lie to you Kairi. Don't get me wrong, I mean... When I saw you, it was so hard not to." Kairi managed a weak laugh. Sora gave a little smile. "But when I saw your carving, I realised how serious you were about it all."

"Well..." she grinned.

"When I saw your picture," he paused. "I couldn't fight it any longer. I just had to kiss you. I had to let you know I was serious too, even though I knew it would be unfair towards you."

"That's what upset you," she realised under her breath. He nodded and gently kissed her forehead. Kairi looked up at him, smiling.

"Just one little thing though..." she seemed a little nervous. Her smile had disappeared and her voice was shaky. "When are you leaving?" Sora's happy smile faded away.

"Tomorrow night."

sorry about the cliffhangers, i cant help it ^^
poor kids... :)
any comments and cc are appreciated :)

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
dark_dutchman said:
you don't have to apologize for cliffhangers, they almost force the reader to proceed with reading. so keep them coming

then you'll be happy, i've got about 12 chappies so far and almost every one ends in a cliffhanger ^^
thanks again for all the great comments, i didnt even expect anyone to read this!

Chapter Five

A huge wave of guilty feelings rippled through Sora's body as he watched her facial expressions go from bad to worse.

"Maybe it would have been kinder to find Riku first..." he thought. "No, of course not."

He wanted to stay with Kairi, but he knew he had to search for Riku. He just had to find Riku, he was so scared of what could happen to him, but he wasn't sure if Kairi could take another two years alone. Sora had Donald and Goofy for company, but Kairi was completely isolated. Then again, so was Riku. He was certain Kairi would be safe on the islands, but Riku could be anywhere. For all Sora knew, he could be in danger. But Kairi was a princess. She was especially vulnrable. Sora weighed up the pros and cons in his head, trying to work out the solution to the problem. Lost in his mind, he hadn't noticed that almost ten minutes had passed. He hadn't noticed Kairi sat with her back to him, sobbing her heart out.

Sora moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her, cradling her. He felt terrible about it all. So did Kairi.

Kairi was breaking down inside. Every word he'd said was sinking in. It was becoming too hard to bear. She couldn't stand the thought of Sora leaving, but she felt so selfish. Riku needed Sora much more than she did, she knew that. "But why does it still feel so bad?" she thought. Sora's return, discovering his feelings, hearing he had to leave, and hearing of Riku's disappearance... it was all too much to take for her. But, as he took her into his arms, she felt... safe. Secure. She leaned back into his chest.

Realising he had to calm down, for both their sakes, Sora stopped thinking about it. Kairi was safe. Riku wasn't. He knew what he had to do. He stroked her hair gently.

"It's ok," he whispered softly, trying to soothe her. "Don't you worry. Everything will be just fine, I know it will." After rummaging around in all of his pockets, he pulled something out. "Close your eyes."

Kairi closed her eyes. He took her hands and placed an item into them.

"Open them."

She looked down into her hands. Saw the bright yellow skin. Felt its cool, leathery touch. Smelled its sweet scent. It was a paopu fruit. She felt him kiss her cheek.

"If two people share one of these, their destinies become intertwined. They'll remain a part of eachothers lives forever, no matter what," he explained. "Riku told me that." He paused for a moment, remembering his lost friend. Then in a much more serious tone, he added: "It's what I want with you."

She turned to face him, with a look of disbelief. "Really?" she asked him.

"Yep," he replied. "Really. I want you to know that although I'll be going soon, I'll come back. It means that you'll always know I'll return for good next time. I just need to find Riku first."

Kairi understood.

"Sora, that's a great idea," she smiled. She broke the fruit and gave him half.

"I take it that's a yes?" he beamed, taking the fruit.

"Yes." Kairi's face lit up with a happy smile.

heh, no cliffhanger this time.... this chappy wasnt as gloomy either ^^
let me know how it was :) thanks again for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back