• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII - PC-to-PS4 Port out now!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII - Coming to PS4 Spring 2015!

That feel when things get revealed and you can finally talk

CHlhcRTWUAAcYyD.png

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

iqtxy.gif

I'm done. I'm so fucking done.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

[video=youtube;Kznek1uNVsg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg[/video]

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I feel like they felt bad for trolling so hard and immediately went forward with this

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I need a PS4 now! oh my gosh, it's glorious! It's REAL! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS! Totally worth it! I don't care if the remake has to censor stuff. I need it. I want it.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII - PC-to-PS4 Port coming October 2015!

I'm fairly interested in the PC port honestly. Did it add anything else to the original game besides upgraded graphics?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Huh? It's still Aeris in the Steam version IIRC, although it does say Aerith on the official website. The funny thing is that her default name in the game code has always been Aerith, which changes to Aeris the moment you get to change her name. There have been rumours of the PS4 port getting a brand new translation. That would be awesome. There's also a new fan translation out which is supposed to be as close to the original Japanese script as possible.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Huh? It's still Aeris in the Steam version IIRC, although it does say Aerith on the official website. The funny thing is that her default name in the game code has always been Aerith, which changes to Aeris the moment you get to change her name. There have been rumours of the PS4 port getting a brand new translation. That would be awesome. There's also a new fan translation out which is supposed to be as close to the original Japanese script as possible.

Ah, I've never played the Steam version so I didn't know. I remembered when it was coming out that the Aerith thing was something they had promoted with the game...rofl gg SE

I'd like a mix of old and new, honestly. Some of the quotes in FFVII were pure gold, though there are parts that are just complete screw ups.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

I'd have to get the mods that allow you to play the pc version on Windows versions higher than 98, but I think it was "Aeris" in the original PC version too. I'll try doing that, since my disks still work ^^

Xblade13

Awards

That's great, so yeah, I'll look into getting this :3 I haven't played FFVII in ages, so all of this FFVII love lately has me excited. I just need a PS4 LOL.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's great, so yeah, I'll look into getting this :3 I haven't played FFVII in ages, so all of this FFVII love lately has me excited. I just need a PS4 LOL.

You can play FFVII on the PS3 right now if you don't want to wait xD It won't have trophies, obviously.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

So many things were lost in translation. For example, Mayor Domino and Deputy Mayor Hart. It's supposed to be Hut, as their names are based on Domino's Pizza and Pizza Hut - and Midgar is known as "the pizza".

As for the PS4 version having trophies, they'll probably be ridiculously easy like the Steam achievements. I mostly want the PS4 version because it's the best the original version of the game is ever going to look. And I want a physical release. Would be really nice if they put together some limited edition package with the soundtrack, an artbook and/or a statue.

Xblade13

Awards

You can play FFVII on the PS3 right now if you don't want to wait xD It won't have trophies, obviously.
Sadly I lost my PS3, so I literally only have a 3DS at the moment :( So I might as well just get it when I get a PS4 at some point. Which I definitely am anyway.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Haha. Square Enix being Square Enix. Chaser, you don't happen to know if they've got any plans on releasing a physical version of this port?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Haha. Square Enix being Square Enix. Chaser, you don't happen to know if they've got any plans on releasing a physical version of this port?
I'd imagine Digital only to avoid consumer confusion.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

A bundle with the inevitable PC-2-PS4 port of FFVIII would seem like a good idea then :p

Back