• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy V - "Ha! I lied! Like a rug!"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Woah, Jesus, yes. Source please. It doesn't look like a Nomura work at all. Where are the extra belts!? Where are the gratuitous zippers!? lol kidding~

Seriously though, Bartz face is the only giveaway.

Actually it looks very reminiscient of his FFVII sketches which date after these, and matches his style for that period of time. Setzer and Strago from the FFVI drawing definitely give it away.

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Actually it looks very reminiscient of his FFVII sketches which date after these, and matches his style for that period of time. Setzer and Strago from the FFVI drawing definitely give it away.

The person who posted these didn't say where they got them, but I'm pretty positive these are legit.

I've seen those. To me, they look nothing like this. Matter of opinion. Not doubting it's legitimacy, art evolves. I was joking about everything else, but Bartz shows a clear sign of Nomura.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
WOW! I'd been thinking about tracking down the GBA version (I have a working GBA) later on when I had more monies, but this is AWESOME. I got to really <3 FF5, and the GBA version can be quite expensive. I'll proly go for this. Hopefully they won't crap up the graphics too much. :)

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Ah, perfect! I was wondering if the 2D Final Fantasy games would see a Steam release. VI is probably inevitable now! Hopefully Dimensions might show up some day too.

I liked this version a great deal, so I'll probably buy a steam copy just to support it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Square does know I & II aren't on Steam, right? :p

Since it's obviously a direct port of the mobile version, does said mobile version have the same script as GBA version?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I think it does, I'd have to check.

If the others are any indication tho, Steam version will come first Mat, then it'll end up on Good Old Games as well. As I recall, that's what happened with the other ports.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
If the others are any indication tho, Steam version will come first Mat, then it'll end up on Good Old Games as well. As I recall, that's what happened.

GOG doesn't presently have any of the Final Fantasy games, actually. Odd as that may be.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Weird. I could of sworn that they put FF3 at least one more place other than Steam. I'll check once I got dinner in the oven.
[Edit] I must of remembered wrong. Checked FF Wiki, no sign of it. Sorry. I must of had a big old brain fart.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
OKAY! gomenasi about the double post, but it's out. Seems like a lazy port of the iOS version sadly, tho since I <3 this game and have been thinking of searching out the GBA version (since I have a working GBA SP) this will save me some trouble. I can ignore some bad graphics as long as it plays good; Love me some classic gaming. <3

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
maryadavies, I have question about the Steam version. How easy it is to play with the keyboard? I have not played much with a PC, and I had to struggle with Half-Life 2 when I started playing it. Would a controller be better? All thou I think and JRPG is not as hard to control as first person shooter.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I haven't bought it so I can't tell you, not to mention I use a controller on my pc. (I HIGHLY recommend that if you get into serious PC gaming, mouse/kb tend to hurt my hands. I'm partial to using a Dual Shock 3, tho a wired Xbox 360 controller could also work very well.)

But from playing rpgs on pcs with emulators before I got to be a really heavy controller user; It should not be bad at all. It was originally a SNES rpg, so config it so it's two keys and the arrow keys and you should be a-okay.

Don't be afraid of the bad reviews either. What they're complaining about is bad graphics..Uh. This is a old game. So graphic wise, you SHOULD keep your expectations really low there.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I haven't bought it so I can't tell you, not to mention I use a controller on my pc. (I HIGHLY recommend that if you get into serious PC gaming, mouse/kb tend to hurt my hands. I'm partial to using a Dual Shock 3, tho a wired Xbox 360 controller could also work very well.)

But from playing rpgs on pcs with emulators before I got to be a really heavy controller user; It should not be bad at all. It was originally a SNES rpg, so config it so it's two keys and the arrow keys and you should be a-okay.

Don't be afraid of the bad reviews either. What they're complaining about is bad graphics..Uh. This is a old game. So graphic wise, you SHOULD keep your expectations really low there.

Thanks maryadavies! I have a PS3 controller, so I`ll try using that. If it proves too difficult to connect, I shall just use the keyboard.
I am not really worried about the graphics. I completed VI a few months back, and I found the old art style/graphics quite charming. The only thing that worries me a bit is the amount of grinding. It has not been that bad in the older FF games and I understand that it belongs to the JRPG games, but VI had a large cast of characters, and keeping all of them on a proper level kinda made the game a little bit too grindy. A really awesome game despite that, and I am really curious to see what number V holds in store.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, to help with that: Don't use the old stupid driver you prolly will read about if you google. It's spyware and it's shit.

Try this or This and install according to the directions, and you should be good. Dual Shock 3's are not plug and play, you do need some kinda driver. Those two are the best unofficial drivers available. ^^ It's basically a fakeout, they're using the drivers for Xbox 360 to get it to work. Both work very well btw. Oh and make sure you keep it plugged in if you use it wired and it's synced to your PS3; if your PS3 is in the same room when it comes unplugged, it'll turn on, annoyingly enough.

Last edited:

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well, to help with that: Don't use the old stupid driver you prolly will read about if you google. It's spyware and it's shit.

Try this or This and install according to the directions, and you should be good. Dual Shock 3's are not plug and play, you do need some kinda driver. Those two are the best unofficial drivers available. ^^
Oh dam, I had a feeling it was not going to be simple plug and play. Thanks for those links! :) Gonna check them tomorrow when I get back to my apartment and my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back