• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FF characters you feel sorry for.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squall18

Out of all of the FF games, name any characters you feel sorry for and why you feel sorry for them.

I felt sorry for Auron in FFX when he went to avenge Braska and Jecht.
He just got killed by Yunalesca, he didn't stand a chance.:(

I also felt sorry for Vivi in FFIX when he had to watch the Black Mages falling from the airship and there was nothing he could do to save them.:(

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I felt sorry for Auron. And I kind of felt sorry for Yuna in FFX for her having to lose someone she was starting to love. I also felt sorry for Tidus because of the whole dream thing and having to fade away from existence. I used to feel sorry for Cloud, but now I just think there's something wrong with him mentally. Vincent, however, I do feel sorry for.

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
Squall18 said:
I also felt sorry for Vivi in FFIX when he had to watch the Black Mages falling from the airship and there was nothing he could do to save them.:(
^ I thought Vivi too.

But more because he found he was just a clone or something like that, I forget the story.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
There are two characters that I was especially sympathetic to.

( FFVI SPOILERS. )
In Final Fantasy VI, Kefka manages to bring the world into ruin in an effort to become a god. After the traumatic event, everyone is scattered across the now desolate world. Celes washes up on a shore of a desert island, where she lies in a coma for an entire year with Cid watching over. Pulling through, she awakens to Cid near her bedside. They talk briefly about what has happened, Cid speculates that they might be the only two left alive in the world. Celes asks if she can call Cid her "Grandad", and he is flattered. He breaks into a coughing fit and reveals that he is ill. One of the best lines in the game is delivered here:

"I... I'm not long for this cruel, new world... My worst nightmare is to think of you alone here on this wretched island... "

And so, you're actually given control of Cid's fate by feeding him different kinds of fish from the ocean. Celes catches them herself and brings them to him; but I'll go down the path where Cid dies, as it is far more memorable. Celes stands on top of a cliff on the northern end of the island, contemplating suicide. It was then, that I felt sorry and compassionate to her.

At another point, was in Final Fantasy IX, when Freya reunited her beloved Fratley only for him to mysteriously forget her entirely. She had been searching for years for him, and he couldn't even remember her name. Even at the end of the game, she sits with him in Burmecia and leans her head against his chest, she says something like:

"He still doesn't remember..."

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
I feel sorry for Tifa, Barret, Red XIII, Vincent, Yuffie and Cid, because they had to hang around with Cloud. How unbearable. Not Cait Sith, he can crawl in a hole and die.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
^I agree
I feel sorry just for everyone that ment Cloud.

I feel sorry for Tifa and Aerith though.. You have to feel sorry for girls that like losers and a guy who has no clue whats he wants. Could've hade someone even two people that loved, but he was such loser he didnt see that. I mean he could've even hade Sehpy. Cloud derves to die alone..

edit
I also for feel for all the Characters Nomura did..:p(thats a joke, so dont flame)

Last edited:

Josiah

Quarian Power!
i felt very bad for aeris...i mean...she really didnt deserve that...*why sephiroth, why?...*

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
I felt most sorry for Vivi. He had no idea who he was or why he existed. Everyone who saw him after a certain point hated him. When he finally found out, it just brought his mortality into the light. He also had to watch things that were pretty much his brothers die. He had a horribly sad story.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
The only Final Fantasy character that I felt sorry for was Tidus. Tidus thought that he was real, but he was just a dream of the faith. I was so annoyed by that. Everything in his childhood or early past, that he thought was real was actually created from the faith's dreams and such. The only real things was when Auron finally came to see him as a boy and became his guardian, and when he met up with Yuna and the group. And when the faith stops dreaming Tidus dissapears.

In a way I do feel sorry for Jecth. Other than than, every other Final Fantasy character diserved what they got. In my opinion.

Murasame

Sora_HeroOfLight said:
I felt most sorry for Vivi. He had no idea who he was or why he existed. Everyone who saw him after a certain point hated him. When he finally found out, it just brought his mortality into the light. He also had to watch things that were pretty much his brothers die. He had a horribly sad story.
same here , T.T, seeing that happen actually made me pretty sad, i couldn't even begin to imagine what that must feel like.

I feel sorry for Vincent Valentine here read this,
When he was assigned to supervise a project spear-headed by his father Grimoire, he fell in love with a scientist named "Lucrecia Crescent," an assistant to her father. However, despite his feelings for her, they parted ways when Grimoire died saving Lucrecia's life. Vincent would later meet her for a second time while assigned to supervise the Jenova Project in Nibelheim, where she was serving as an assistant to Professor Gast. There, Vincent tried expressing his feelings to her, but she rejected him out of guilt over Grimoire's death, ultimately entering a relationship with her associate Hojo instead. Lucrecia became pregnant afterwards, supplying a test subject for the Jenova Project's intentions to investigate the effect of Jenova cells on an unborn child. Vincent objected to the use of humans—especially Lucrecia and her unborn child, whose parentage he was uncertain of—as live test subjects. Even so, in the interest of science, Lucrecia proceeded with the treatment and suffered various ill effects as a result. Outraged, Vincent confronted Hojo in the Shinra Mansion's underground laboratory and a heated argument ensued. Hojo ended this confrontation by pulling a gun from his lab coat and shooting Vincent down in cold blood. Vincent's body was placed in a large experimental capsule for use in Hojo's experiments based on Lucrecia's research of the Lifestream, originating from the time of her assistance to Grimoire. While Hojo's experimentation resulted in Vincent's anatomy being altered to where he could temporarily change his phyiscal form into monsterous enities (Galian Beast, Hellmasker, and Death Gigas), Lucrecia exposed Vincent's body to G Substance, a contaminated form of mako, and he became Chaos, an entity intended to pave the way for Omega WEAPON by killing all living things. Under the influence of Chaos, Vincent became consumed in feral rage and broke out of his confinement. Lucrecia then used a materia that could control Chaos' power to calm Vincent and place him in a deep slumber. By the time Vincent reawakened on the operating table—with Hojo and Lucrecia nowhere in sight—he responded to his modified body with both anguish and rage. Later, during the time frame of the game, Vincent is discovered by Cloud's party in a locked room in the basement of the mansion. Here, he had been sleeping inside a coffin for some 23 years as a self-inflicted punishment for his inability to prevent the Jenova Project.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
The Conquerer said:
The only Final Fantasy character that I felt sorry for was Tidus. Tidus thought that he was real, but he was just a dream of the faith. I was so annoyed by that. Everything in his childhood or early past, that he thought was real was actually created from the faith's dreams and such. The only real things was when Auron finally came to see him as a boy and became his guardian, and when he met up with Yuna and the group. And when the faith stops dreaming Tidus dissapears.

In a way I do feel sorry for Jecht. Other than than, every other Final Fantasy character diserved what they got. In my opinion.

I agree with the Tidus part, not the "Everybody else deserved it" part.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
The Conquerer said:
Other than than, every other Final Fantasy character diserved what they got. In my opinion.

I highly disagree. How did Vivi deserve what he got? How did Yuna? Vivi was only born. He was innocent and a kind soul and look at what life gave him. Yuna was the same, and her heart was broken. You are confused. Unless you only played FFX and FF7, this is not true. Most the characters in FF7 and 10 ultimately got what they deserved.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Sora_HeroOfLight said:
I highly disagree. How did Vivi deserve what he got? How did Yuna? Vivi was only born. He was innocent and a kind soul and look at what life gave him. Yuna was the same, and her heart was broken. You are confused. Unless you only played FFX and FF7, this is not true. Most the characters in FF7 and 10 ultimately got what they deserved.

Yuna was happy at the end of FF X-2, so how can you be sorry for her? Vivi, well tough luck, my sister thinks that he looks rather cute.lol, Auron was already dead, so having him going to the farplane was actually a blessing.

Well Aerith was killed, but cloud excepts this in Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children, along with his best friend who was killed a while ago.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
As I said, in FFX and 7, almost every one of them ultimately got what they deserved. Aerith was one of the only ones who didn't. She didn't deserve to die. I felt sorry for her. In FFIX, Vivi's problem was never really ever resolved. He went from one problem (not knowing who or what he was) to another (the question of when he'll die). I don't see how he deserved any of what he got. You've said yourself that he didn't deserve any of that. Yuna didn't deserve to lose Tidus in the first place. Tifa didn't deserve to fall in love with a jerk like Cloud. Cloud deserved to go through that pain. He was an emo jerk who never deserved to have Tifa or Aerith in love with him. In the end, almost every FF character got a happy ending except Vivi. He just got more problems. He came to terms with them, but I'm sure they bugged him for the rest of his life. Tidus was a similar scenario. Both were circumstances that neither could control.

xCursedXRebellionx said:
I agree with the Tidus part, not the "Everybody else deserved it" part.
Yes I to was thinking the same, don't curse the other Characters, The Conquerer think of Yuna or Riku, they to felt the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back