• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fear: A Psychological look as to why Sora does not and may not tell Kairi that he love her

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsu

To all guys on this board, I'm pretty sure you are all going agree and know what I'm saying.

Throughout the series, there has been lots of hints that Sora is in love with Kairi. However he's never going to say it. And here's why. To all the guys on this board, have you ever had a friend who was female and maybe you started getting attracted to her and maybe thought about making a move but you stopped because you got afraid of what might happen. Well this fear is this and I think Sora suffering from the same thing: what if you tell them how you feel about them and they react negatively to the whole thing or worst they dump the friendship all together and you never speak or see them again. Naturally you love them a lot and would never want to lose the friendship you have all over something like that. So hold back telling them your feelings towards in fear that you will lose them forever.

This is what Sora is suffering from. He fears like a lot of us would that if he tells Kairi he likes her in that way that she would react negatively and drop him and the friendship.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
To all guys on this board, I'm pretty sure you are all going agree and know what I'm saying.

lol It was nice knowing you.

Throughout the series, there has been lots of hints that Sora is in love with Kairi. However he's never going to say it. And here's why. To all the guys on this board, have you ever had a friend who was female and maybe you started getting attracted to her and maybe thought about making a move but you stopped because you got afraid of what might happen. Well this fear is this and I think Sora suffering from the same thing: what if you tell them how you feel about them and they react negatively to the whole thing or worst they dump the friendship all together and you never speak or see them again. Naturally you love them a lot and would never want to lose the friendship you have all over something like that. So hold back telling them your feelings towards in fear that you will lose them forever.

This is what Sora is suffering from. He fears like a lot of us would that if he tells Kairi he likes her in that way that she would react negatively and drop him and the friendship.

inb4haters

Personally, I have nothing against SoKai, but there's a good number of folks against the pairing. xD

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I think Sora doesn't tell Kairi anything because he has bigger things to worry about.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think after KH2 Sora got the gist that Kairi likes him. Besides there also what Heartseams said, he has bigger things to worry about. Not to mention they're seperated through out the most of the series.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Telling Kairi he loves her would also break the whole "no pairing is canon" thing going on.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I would like SoKai to happen, but it won't. I remember I got flamed when I made a thread about this lol

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
ummmm does it really matter? no pairings r cannon anyways

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
ummmm does it really matter? no pairings r cannon anyways
But the majority of the fanbase supports SoKai, it's a pretty popular pairing.
Besides, the "no pairings are canon, it's all up to the fans" will most likely be retconned by Nomura, especially when it's from an interview back in like, '05.

If Sora told Kairi (or Kairi told Sora) anything, it wouldn't be until everything's over since like mentioned before, Sora has bigger things to worry about. It would be really cliche, but yeah.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I think the "No pairing is canon" thing is made up. I looked through all of the interviews I could find of Nomura's (many stretching from KH1-KH2) and he never mentions that... anywhere. I think it's something that has been accepted by the fanbase, but was never actually real to begin with. I've found no evidence that Nomura has ever said that about KH.

And, honestly, in hindsight, it's pretty obvious that it wasn't a real statement. The games show, to a ridiculous extent, that it IS SoKai.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sora's too genuinely stupid to see this as a repercussion of his actions. We see time and time again he alone can't foresee the consequences of his own actions, and this is another one of them. Sora loves Kairi sort of like a sibling, the same way it could be said he loves Riku. Whether or not the former relationship develops further is up to subsequent games.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
∞;5311856 said:
Sora's too genuinely stupid to see this as a repercussion of his actions. We see time and time again he alone can't foresee the consequences of his own actions, and this is another one of them. Sora loves Kairi sort of like a sibling, the same way it could be said he loves Riku. Whether or not the former relationship develops further is up to subsequent games.
He was daydreaming dancing with Kairi. When seeing Will and Elizabeth reunite he was thinking of Kairi when Donald called him out on it he got embarrassed.
Honestly the "hints" (and I use the word loosley since its pretty obvious the game bashes you over the head that SORA LUVSSSSS KAIRI and that there relationship is starting to go beyond just "sibling love")of a romantic relationship are there.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
The fuck would that accomplish anyway?

I love you, GTG for a while bai. There really isn't even time for that shit to happen.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
What does it being Disney have to do with anything...?

It doesn't. There are romances in disney all the time, even IN KH, so disney has nothing to do with no romance in the games.

Zak1403

Didn't Nomura say that a relationship between Sora and Kairi wouldn't be happening anytime soon?
I remember it was from some interview (don't have it) but I think that's what he said, because Sora has to much to worry about or something like that.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I think Sora doesn't tell Kairi he loves her because they are kids.
Teenage love is reserved for Disney Channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back