• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fate of A Hero: The Prequel to "The Road to Dawn"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aria

braver by the minute
Re: Fate of A Hero

ahaha the first part made me....

[IMG]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9849/lowlrly.png[/IMG]

-double facepalms-

lowl Xane's reaction made me laugh.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards

Haha, I really love the first part. XD

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

Wow nice 1 belly bell I didn't know she could stop time now, I thought she could only do it later on in RTD...

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.

Gah, omigod, this is such a LATE update D:

Sorry for the hold-up, I've been swamped with school and training; usually i find time, but i guess i lost track of time.

Anyway, my apologies, I'm trying to get back on track because I'm WAY behind schedule, and I will get the hang of this once more.

Enough of my babbling, here's the new chapter!

Bell<3

Day 61
The First Test
Part 3

"AH!" Akira jumped in the air, keyblade above her head, and smashed it down onto the antlion's head. It kept on moving, following the circular path its 'friends' had carved in the sand. Akira tried to keep it with it, hitting and slashing it from behind. She looked over at Xane, and saw she was in the same dillema. Only she had already killed off one.

Akira pouted angrily. No way she's getting a higher score, she thought. Akira turned to the antlion she was tailing, opened her legs in a parallel position, and aimed her keyblade downwards. She closed her eyes for a few seconds, and felt the grip on her blade burn hotter and hotter. She raised the blade up slowly, to find the right shot at the creature.

The antlion was growing taller, shooting boxes out of nowhere. A tornado-like wind surrounded it, encasing it in protection.

Akira held the blade with both her hands, and closed one of her red eyes, to find the perfect spot. There was a fault in the tornado force-field, and she had just found it. She braced herself and commanded:

"FIRAGA!"

Fire shot out of the keyblade, surrounding the antlion, now with its tornado down. The blasts of fire kept shooting, and finally, they brought the antlion down, pieces of it falling everywhere. Akira turned back and started to run. She jumped over boxes and evaded the trash. She flipped over a piece of metal as it came crashing down.

"AKIRA!"

Akira turned to see Xane in the middle of the last anlion's circled path. She had a scared look on her face.

"What? What's wrong!?" Akira took a step forward.

Xane looked at her, panic in her eyes.

"I'm all out of magic."

Akira's eyes widened, and she started for Xane, to assist in any way, when suddenly-

Akira gasped. She clutched her heart, while a jab of pain went through it. Akira fell on her knee, then on the other. She put her other hand on the ground.

"Akira! Are you-"

Akira slumped down to the ground.

---------

Murky.....quiet....still.....

Where am I?

Akira opened her eyes and saw she was in water.

Floating.....

Melting....

Away......

"AKIRA!"

Akira smiled. This felt good. This felt....free. She closed her eyes slowly.

"AKIRA!"

But...Xane. She needed her help.

"GET UP! DON'T LEAVE ME!"

And Roxas- she couldn't let him down.

"No, no, no! Akira...."

"Akira."

Huh? This wasn't Xane.

"Get up. The darkness....your light-"

Akira opened her eyes quickly, and looked around. Who is this? Where is this coming from?

A blur of white stood far in front of her. Akira couldn't tell what it was-but she couldn't help but notice she'd seen whatever it was before.

"-gone. Go. NOW!"

--------

"AH!" Akira gasped for air, and sat up. Xane was beside her, eyes wide.

"MOTHERF-ING PRINCESS DON'T YOU EVER DIE AND RESSURECT ON ME AGAIN!" Xane shouted at Akira, smacking her on the head.

"Ow!" Akira rubbed her head intently, then stopped. "The antlion?"

"Over there. Distracted it for a bit." Xane gestured to a box in the middle of the antlion's circle. "But, I think it noticed we're over here."

"Crap." Akira got up and dusted the sand off her coat. She looked at Xane.

"I don't know how long the time stop lasts. But it's not long. We need to kill that last one. I'm sure we've done the 358 on the minor heartless already. Xane," Akira put her hand on her shoulder, "We have to work together on this one."

Xane shook her off and looked away. "Let's do this, brat." She summoned her blade and stood beside Akira as she herself got her keyblade. The antlion charged for them.

"And this is just the first test," Akira groaned as she braced herself.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

geeze bell half ur story was babbling xD haha jk

OMEGEEZE!!!! that was epic, Xane makes me laugh

Aria

braver by the minute

Lowl Xane is funny xD

But who was talking to Akira then? O_______O

Bellaisima358

Day 61
The First Test
Part 4

"Xane, go!" Akira and Xane split up, Xane going to the left, Akira to the right. They both sprinted, gaining great speed as the antilion charged for them. Xane looked uncertainly to her side, looking for her cue. Akira looked at her and nodded, a prepared look on her face. They prepared their weapons, crossing them, then extending just as they reached the heartless. They hit it straight on the head, making it lose twenty five percent of it's hp. Akira slid to a stop, same as Xane.

"Heal!" Akira shot a green beam of medicine at Xane, drowning her with it. Xane nodded in thanks; her blade began to glow green again.

"We need to bring it down!" Akira shouted, pointing at the monster as it now grew higher and higher, a tornado protecting it from any attacks. Boxes began to fly out of it's forcefield. Xane began to dodge them as Akira hid behind a rock.

"But-" Xane jumped out of the way. "How?" Xane ran for a rock, then looked back at Akira.

"Hm," Akira looked at the antilion as it looked for them. "Lighting?"

Xane grinned. "My pleasure." She stood and aimed at the antlion, and Akira copied.

"LIGHTNING!" They shouted, and lightning strikes came down upon the tall heartless. The forcefield dissapeared, which meant that it was at it's limit!

"Akira!"

Akira turned to look at Xane, her hand out at her. Akira hesitated, then ran and reached for it. As they grabbed hands, they twirled around eachother, putting their hands behind their backs, still holding on to eachother. A blue force blinked from the floor and around the two girls as they interlocked hands, and the two girls prepared their weapons, Xane's glowing with an electric charge and Akira's flaring with fire.

"Gotta work together!" Akira said through her gritted teeth. "-Can't believe I'm doing this..." Said Xane after.

They spun up to the sky, then went sideways, arms still connected and outstretched between them. They twirled around, then as the antilion beckoned close to them, they stopped twirling, blades aimed at it.

"Electric Flare!" They cried, and a lightning bolt intertwined with a burst of flame as they shot out of the blades of each girl, traveling to the middle of the heartless's chest. The thing burst into flames, glowing in amber light of the electric charge. It began to diminish.

The two girls landed on their knees in a regal position, then broke free of their grasp. The wind began to pick up again.

"Akira, I think the time is-"

RIIIIINNNNNGGGG! A bell sounded, and Akira and Xane found themselves before the whole organization, in the meeting room. The girl shook the sand off of them and looked up at them, panting.

Xemnas looked down emotionlessly at them for a long time. Akira and Xane stole nervous glances at eachother, waiting for a response.

Suddenly, Xemnas....grinned.

He gestured his hand in a shoo-ing manner, gesturing them to leave. Akira and Xane slowly and hesitantly left the room, unsure of what to do. As they got to the door, they picked up their hoods. The door closed behind them as they reached the hallway, making them turn to look at them.

"Talk about keeping quiet," Xane mumbled. Akira chuckled.

"You know Xane, you're actually pretty funny," Akira said, smiling. Only her smile was visible, the rest of her face was darkened by her hood. Xane looked away, her lips pouting slightly.

"Yeah well, you're not so bad yourself, brat." Xane grumbled. She walked away from Akira, leaving her alone in the hallway.

~~~~~~~

Xemnas sat back, toying with his fingers as everyone waited for the verdict.

Finally, he spoke, "I didn't think they'd work so well together. Did you see that combo attack near the end? Remarkable."

Roxas let out a breath of relief. Larxene sneered. The rest of the room nodded.

"Alright, you all can leave now. Saix, stay. Zexion, you too." Xemnas said quietly, a thoughtfull look on his face.

The rest of the room dissapeared in their own little dark portals, leaving the three men alone.

"Discuss." Xemnas motioned forward at them, giving them permission to speak.

[<3]

Aria

braver by the minute

I still think Xane's inner bitch is down there somewhere :/

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

*jaw drop* that was so unexpected, but i guess its a good thing

Bellaisima358

Inspiration:YouTube - 11. Vanilla Twilight -Owl City- Ocean Eyes;

Day 61
Rest

Akira closed the door behind her, then leaned against it's cold surface. Her hood fell, revealing her long and tangled hair. She shook off the sand stuck on her bangs.

"Akira?"

Akira looked up to see Roxas standing before her, eyes wide. He smiled and ran to her, giving her a hug. Akira stayed stiff, arms beside her.

"How'd it go? Are you okay?" Roxas drilled, hugging her tightly.

Akira stayed still for a bit longer, nerves tingling through her. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around Roxas's waist, and nuzzled her head to his chest, for she was shorter than him.

"I'm...fine..." Akira mumbled thoughtfully. This felt...nice. All was quiet, as though it seemed the clock had stopped again. Was this normal, to feel this way?

"Ehem."

They let go quickly, dusting themselves off. Roxas scratched his head, looking at the floor. Akira played with her fingers.

"Um, hey Axel," Roxas grumbled. Axel, his ego shining through his sly grin as he stood before the two young teens, had his arms crossed, tapping his foot on the floor.

Akira sheepishly rubbed her arm. "Hi." She squeaked. Axel laughed.

"Where's my hug, huh?" He asked sarcastically. Akira let out a breath of relief and walked to him, giving him a small hug.

"Atta girl. Now how'd it go?" He asked. Akira sat on her bed, thinking.

"Well...it was good, I guess. Xane and I put our differences aside and did our best." She looked upt at the two boys. "She's not that bad, you guys."

Roxas and Axel jumped back in surprise, eyes wide in horror. "WHAT?!" They shouted in unison, "HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT?!"

Akira laughed. "She's not all horrible. She's even kinda...funny."

Roxas, his eyes still wide, sat beside her. "I think you need to get some sleep. Maybe your head is clogged with sand."

Akira moved away from him. "...How did you know I was near sand?"

Roxas looked at Axel from his peripheral view, then back at Akira, smiling in embarrasment. "Er...well...we kinda watched the whole thing."

Akira's mouth dropped open. "Everything?'' She asked. Roxas and Axel nodded.

"Well," Akira jumped off her bed, "Then you don't need me to tell you what happened, now do you? C'mon. I'm in great need of icecream.''

-----

"So?" Xemnas prompted. Zexion and Saix did not answer quickly.

Xemnas laughed. "Brought aback, now, aren't you?"

Zexion toyed with his chin, a thoughtful look in his cold stare. "I think-I think they did rather well. For her first time, she did okay. Xane on the other hand, needed a lot of help."

"But the level of team work," Saix added thoughfully, "It was...unbelievable. I didn't think they'd be able to do it."

Xemnas put his chin on his fist as he rested it on the arm of his chair. "But was it enough?"

All three quited again. Zexion toyed with a strand of his hair before answering, "Perhaps we need to put them on solo missions for the next test to be sure."

Xemnas nodded slowly. "You do have a point..."

"Then the next one will be a mission. Sounds fair, no?" Saix said. Xemnas laughed again.

"Why, who said it was to be fair?" He questioned. Without an answer, he continued. "Alright. A mission it shall be then."

-----

Akira lay in bed, covers neatly over her cold body. It was getting chilly outside.

"Night guys," Axel called from his bunk. Roxas came out of the restroom, drying his wet, blonde hair with a towel.

"Night Ax," He replied, Axel already snoring. He laughed and threw the towel on the hamper in the corner.

"Roxas?"

Roxas jumped, startled. "You're still up?" He asked, standing beside Akira's bed. Akira shrugged.

"What's up?" he asked, sitting on her bed. Akira sat up.

"Have you ever wondered....what it feels like to have a heart?" She squeaked. Roxas was taken aback by the sudden question.

"What do you...mean?" He forced out. Akira looked at his deep blue eyes.

"Like...have you wondered how it is to feel?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. Roxas blushed.

"I think I have a pretty good idea..." He said, scratching his arm. She smiled.

"That must be horrible, not being able to feel," She said, "But you have me and Axel."

"Yeah," He said, looking at her red eyes, "You and Axel." He looked away and stood.

"You need some sleep." He said gently. Akira grinned.

"Oh, well," Akira lay back down, covering herself again, "Good night..." She yawned, "Roxas."

Roxas stood there for minutes, waiting for a good enough response. Finally, he turned to speak, but stopped.

Akira was asleep, breathing lightly. Her eyes were closed, her black lashes over her ivory skin. Her pink lips were parted, her exhales coming out from them like small snores.

Roxas blushed and smiled. He stroked her cheek and moved her bangs, kissing her on the forehead. He stayed there for a few seconds, then stopped, stepping back, stirring her a bit. He yawned, "Good night, Akira."

Akira smiled in her sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back