• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

False Advertisement in KH I.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

When it get's down to bare-bones, Square is a business. Businesses pull shit to get sales and that's just how it goes. IF enough people complain, MAYBE they will do something about it, but that's a stretch.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yeah, I remember when this exact thing happened with DDD's release. People started spazzing because Neku's headphones were completely round during in-game videos like they were in the pre-release bullshots.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ahhh such a shame but no matter, I'll still be getting the game regardless and it already looks gorgeous gameplay wise.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
^you shouldn't let this hinder you from playing.

I meant "not playing" as in "not lying" before giving my opinion on the matter. I already preordered this forever ago. It's coming out on my birthday, so you can bet it will be playing all up in my PS3 fo. sho. BUT, I still think the bullshot tactic is cheap (just like any other strain of skewed, biased news), regardless if the game looks much better than it did on the PS2.

BagelBreath

Awards
That's so disappointing, that's some serious bullshotting.
Someone should grab a screenie from the PS2 version so we can see how bad it really is.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Everything in the trailers looked so good though D:

But guys, remember there is a three-month gap between the JAP and the NA release. Like they did with BBS, a big revamp was probably (hopefully...) done for 1.5.

Fortissimo

But guys, remember there is a three-month gap between the JAP and the NA release. Like they did with BBS, a big revamp was probably (hopefully...) done for 1.5.

Then wouldn't that upset the japanese fans like it did when BBS came out in NA? I can't imagine them doing another Japanese release.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I meant "not playing" as in "not lying" before giving my opinion on the matter. I already preordered this forever ago. It's coming out on my birthday, so you can bet it will be playing all up in my PS3 fo. sho. BUT, I still think the bullshot tactic is cheap (just like any other strain of skewed, biased news), regardless if the game looks much better than it did on the PS2.
Oh, of course. Took it a little too literally.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

This is not happening. 100% not happening. I can confirm 100% it is 100% not happening so lower those hopes now.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Yeah, we should be careful especially once 2.5 screenshots arise; take those as a grain of salt as well. It must be for advertising purposes since it's not appealing to take screenshots that are jagged/buggy.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Oh that's really shitty. So in reality the updated model were probably higher poly and the textures are just original textures either upscaled in a higher resolution or sampled from their original high resolution

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
9d5fca40-081a-4ecd-9888-44bdfade2f4e_zpse630d765.jpg

Here's a higher quality screen from an HD version of the cutscene on YouTube. Take in mind that there is compression from YouTube and then probably the initial capturing of the video itself.

Something to keep in mind about these things is that taking screens from a YouTube video doesn't really represent what the game. Honestly, taking it from any video doesn't really represent it. Almost any recorded video that's paused will look a little odd. It's meant to be seen moving. This is the video I took the screen from, [JPN - #88] Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX [KH Final Mix, All Cutscenes HD 1080p] - YouTube, and while it still doesn't look as good as the doctored one, watching it makes it look better than my screen or the OP's screen. And the actual game will even look slightly better than that YouTube video because no compression and all that.

Raw footage of the game running will always look better than screenshots and video, unless you doctor it, in which case it'll look better than the raw footage but oh well. If you want to see what the game actually looks like, you have to actually see it in person.

Also, if you thought the game would look like the doctored photos, you're probably extremely gullible and it's kinda your fault if you expected it too look that good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh that's really shitty. So in reality the updated model were probably higher poly and the textures are just original textures either upscaled in a higher resolution or sampled from their original high resolution

Again for like the millionth time, bullshots are extremely common in all forms of media. Video game companies make them for press releases and display purposes. The game is still a huge improvement from the original KHFM.

Also not original textures. Most of KH1 had to be rebuilt because the original data was lost, so they used what they could as well as copies of the data and rebuilt the game and many of the textures from scratch.

Also I'm closing this. We're beating this topic to death.

SE makes bullshots. So do other companies. This is nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back