• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Expect a wait between Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SORA619

Awards
I'm pretty sure that XV will come first but the problem is when. Game has been announced since 2006 and we have only seen some 3-4 gameplay trailers ever since. We Don't even know how far is the development. As for KHIII I don't think we will see it before 2015. The plot was ready some time now but it obviously is in the very beggining of delevopment.

Pestilence

Awards
My prediction: FFXV early 2015 in Japan and US+EU (like February-May) and KH3 is very late 2015 in Japan (like December late) and early 2016 in US+EU (February-March).

''Both have Tetsuya Nomura as their director, so we can’t create these two big games at the same time.'' is bunch of crap by the way. That is what the co-directors are there for. Nomura isn't needed 24/7 inspecting both projects. I suspect he is much more involved with XV than KH3 and KH3 will mainly be Tai Yasues baby.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Not to mention that development is being headed by two totally different teams, I don't know why Square would say something like this unless they're trying to lower expectations for TGS.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I think this is obvious. XV has been in development longer than KH3 so I don't see why they would release anywhere near each other. Unless they have more problems with XV again, then I can see that happening.

XV will release first, then KH3 a while after that.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
FFXV will most likely come out in late 2014. Around that same time, KH 2.5 will probably be released. All the while, KH3 will be in development. So, KH3 is probably coming out in late 2015. Therefore, we have a good two years to wait.

Gonzales95

Awards
I thought KH3 would be further along in development than it is, but the information we have suggests that it really isn't that far along. I think it's quite reasonable to expect a half decent trailer with at least some gameplay in it. Nothing like a final build of course, but some actual gameplay from the in game engine would be perfectly reasonable. Revealing KH2.5 Remix would be a welcome bonus.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
2.5 in 2014
0.5 in 2015
KH3 in 2016

That's my prediction.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't think anyone really thought the two would be released within the same time frame.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't think anyone really thought the two would be released within the same time frame.

agreed. its unrealistic to expect both of those games to be released at the same time. this article is kind of redundant when you think about it since its not telling us anything we dont already know

Gram

Banned
Awards
agreed. its unrealistic to expect both of those games to be released at the same time. this article is kind of redundant when you think about it since its not telling us anything we dont already know

Agreed, plus as many have stated I also view FFXV way before kh3.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Zero Point~0.5 was Birth by Sleep Final Mix's secret ending, 2.5 will in all likelihood have KHIIFM, BBS FM, and RECoded in cutscene format.

& it's where the whole ".5" thing comes from. You really don't think there's a connection between 0.5 & 1.5? Plus it's Square-Enix, if they can find a way to wring more money out of us, they will.

2.5=KH2FM, DDD, RE:Coded theater

0.5=BBSFM, the resurrected BBSV2, something with Chi

MizuMikomi

Awards
& it's where the whole ".5" thing comes from. You really don't think there's a connection between 0.5 & 1.5? Plus it's Square-Enix, if they can find a way to wring more money out of us, they will.

2.5=KH2FM, DDD, RE:Coded theater

0.5=BBSFM, the resurrected BBSV2, something with Chi
Dream Drop Distance in HD is extremely unrealistic in all forms; theater mode or otherwise, as its only been a year since its release worldwide. Anyone who thinks that Dream Drop Distance could feasibly be included in an HD remaster within a year of the first remaster being released is in serious need of a reality check.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Dream Drop Distance in HD is extremely unrealistic in all forms; theater mode or otherwise, as its only been a year since its release worldwide. Anyone who thinks that Dream Drop Distance could feasibly be included in an HD remaster within a year of the first remaster being released is in serious need of a reality check.

As reasonable as your thoughts are, it has happened before. I know that Konami is a different company, but MGS: Peace Walker on the PSP was released on June 2010, and the HD Collection (which includes PW HD) was released on November 2011. Assuming that there is at least another year before we get 2.5, it would be more than a year since DDD came out by then.

Having said that, I'm not sure just how plausible DDD being in 2.5 is. Anything could happen I imagine.

As for the topic, well, no surprise really. I don't think it would be feasible to have both released within a small time frame from each other anyway.

WaveK89

I suppose it's bad that I was expecting Versus to be released next year worldwide (not necessarily simultaneously)? Perhaps, TGS may give a release window for FFXV, but I guess I am getting my hopes up to high.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
It'll probably/better be XV. Previous interviews kinda show that XV is the main thing Nomura is working on right now. I honestly think work on XV is slowly but surely reaching it's conclusion and Nomura is just starting to come up with concepts for KH3.

MizuMikomi

Awards
As reasonable as your thoughts are, it has happened before. I know that Konami is a different company, but MGS: Peace Walker on the PSP was released on June 2010, and the HD Collection (which includes PW HD) was released on November 2011. Assuming that there is at least another year before we get 2.5, it would be more than a year since DDD came out by then.

Having said that, I'm not sure just how plausible DDD being in 2.5 is. Anything could happen I imagine.
It could happen, but it is highly unreasonable that it would be in 2.5. We're talking a jump from a screen smaller than the PSP's to 1080p 30fps, while lacking touch screen controls AND the depth of field that Kingdom Hearts 3D so desperately relies on for its presentation. That aside, and on topic, I never expected Kingdom Hearts III before Final Fantasy XV. Despite the fact they are being made by separate teams, they both share the same director, and Nomura seems to have a broad vision for both titles which could counteract and compete against each other if they hit the market at the same time. It would be a terrible business decision to release them even within the same fiscal year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back