• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Exclusive: KHInsider Interviews Tetsuya Nomura!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
He is very shy and reserved! We've always known that he isn't particularly fond of having to attend events like this and interact with the audience, but he's recently started to come out of his shell. Of course, he'll always be that typical Nomura.
Interesting. I wonder what has changed since he now comes to events like this?

Shimomura did not, but Livan, a brilliant pianist who attended the event by special request from Shimomura herself (he also worked with VGO as the pianist for the Lightning Returns soundtrack), played Scherzo di Notte. He also played Kairi - Andante Sostenuto, Missing You - Namine, Sora - Allegro con brio, Finale: Working Together - Allegro vivace, and Hand in Hand.

They played so many songs?! O_O It must have been epic! Wish I could go to an event like this someday. I assume it was not allowed to record the performance?

All in all a really good interview. I especially liied the part about Young Xehanort. I understand his actions better know, and why he is little confused. Wish you guys had more time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

If I had to make an assumption I'd say it has to do with the change at the upper echelons at Square Enix.
Under Yoichi Wada, things seem to have been more relaxed with much freedom for the developers, however since Matsuda took the helm it seems like the focus is more on "getting shit done timely" and requires the developers, Nomura included, to show more "presence" to audiences in general.

Nomura may be very reserved and personally doesn't like it very much to attend events (except Jump Festa apparently as he repeatedly stated that it is his favourite event), if his bosses order him to show presence he'll do it.

Muke

whatever
Awards
First: Congrats, you've got to meet him!

I really would like to see a BBS 2, but I'm not really hyped. ^^
Anyway; Good work, KHInsider Staff!
I really like this forum more and more, every day... :D

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Always mention BBSv2. Never forget.

I dodged some parts of the short interview, because I want to watch the Re:coded cinematics first, but I'll revisit the topic later. Gj, guys.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If I had to make an assumption I'd say it has to do with the change at the upper echelons at Square Enix.
Under Yoichi Wada, things seem to have been more relaxed with much freedom for the developers, however since Matsuda took the helm it seems like the focus is more on "getting shit done timely" and requires the developers, Nomura included, to show more "presence" to audiences in general.

Nomura may be very reserved and personally doesn't like it very much to attend events (except Jump Festa apparently as he repeatedly stated that it is his favourite event), if his bosses order him to show presence he'll do it.

Nomura said that Hidemi Matsuzaka (general manager of their merchandise department, likely a very good friend considering how often Nomura ends up there asking for things with his cats on it) kept telling him he should attend more events and interact with the fans which was how he ended up going to SDCC and then he ended up at NYCC.

After he went to SDCC, he said he started thinking that maybe he should start doing more events. I don't doubt any prior appearances he's had in the past were certainly required, but nobody is pointing a gun at his head...At least probably not now.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I thinks it`s really nice of him to visit these events with the other members from the KH-Team. I saw a picture from the event where Nomura, Shimomura, Hashimoto and other few people were sitting, and it just gave me this really warm feeling seeing them all together. :D
I really hope Nomura isn`t there against his will. Oh well. Maybe it is good for him to meet the KH-fandom.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I thinks it`s really nice of him to visit these events with the other members from the KH-Team. I saw a picture from the event where Nomura, Shimomura, Hashimoto and other few people were sitting, and it just gave me this really warm feeling seeing them all together. :D
I really hope Nomura isn`t there against his will. Oh well. Maybe it is good for him to meet the KH-fandom.

The two others are Emiko Yamamoto, the Executive Producer from Disney Interactive Japan and the other party from the legendary elevator story, and Livan, VGO's talented pianist :)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The two others are Emiko Yamamoto, the Executive Producer from Disney Interactive Japan and the other party from the legendary elevator story, and Livan, VGO's talented pianist :)

Thanks! I was wondering who the others were. I recognized Nomura, Hashimoto and Shimomura, but the other were a mystery.
Livan! I wish I had a cool name like that. And the person is an talented pianist. He must be one coolest guys in the world. :D

Gram

Banned
Awards
---One of the two new scenes in Re:coded features a conversation Xigbar has with Young Master Xehanort before the events of KH3D. In this scene, it appears that not even his younger self is entirely on board with Master Xehanort's plans, as if his status as a confident participant is uncertain. Could you tell us about his position at this current point in time and what we may look forward to in the future with him?

Nomura: As you know, Xehanort loses his memory at the end of KH3D. However, he has something like a beacon inside him that guides him unconsciously. It's a feeling in his heart that he doesn't quite understand but follows regardless. In that regard, you could say he really is just walking the path laid out for him.
So basically YX just goes with the flow. lol Killed any betrayal ideas.

Not a bad interview though. The only interesting aspect is BBSVol.2 and at this point I've honestly rather indifferent to it now.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So basically YX just goes with the flow. lol Killed any betrayal ideas.

Not a bad interview though. The only interesting aspect is BBSVol.2 and at this point I've honestly rather indifferent to it now.

He has been saying the same thing consistently for years.

Antar

Awards
I'm guessing this was done in Japanese without a translator? Amazing! Getting to talk with Nomura himself! :O

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm guessing this was done in Japanese without a translator? Amazing! Getting to talk with Nomura himself! :O

There's always a translator.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I've always been interested in the idea of BBSv2 just because I found the image of the castle from Cinderella looking all dystopian from the secret movie oddly moving.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I've always been interested in the idea of BBSv2 just because I found the image of the castle from Cinderella looking all dystopian from the secret movie oddly moving.
I think that scene was one of the more interesting things I had ever seen from KH and was really looking forward to it being elaborated on.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I did not play KH3D, but what?

When those who were plucked out of time return to their past, they forget everything that transpired while they were in the present.

At the end of KH3D, Young Xehanort forgets he was ever in the present but after the events that occurred, the impressions of these events have been "etched" into his heart and he has now been set on the path of his destiny. If that poetic dribble makes sense.

Patricier21

A little late to the party, but how was Nomura's English? Was he easy to understand or did he have a thick accent? Either way he set like a nice and well spoken guy. Glad he took the time to speak to you guys. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back