• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ever been hacked?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

<3

Call me Love, love.
I have been hacked several times on Runescape, which ultimately forced me to begin new accounts. But now, on my latest account, I have gotten further than I ever have on the game and little under an hour ago, I just got hacked. I literally freaked out.

A guy added me and asked if I wanted to join his clan, and sent me a link. Told me to type up my stats and see if I could get accepted, then he told me to just send him my combat stats, I naively did so, and all of a sudden I couldn't log on with my usual details. I sent a request to Jagex to recover and change my password, and luckily I was granted it. Now I have everything written down in a little note book.

Once I got back on, I checked the damage. He's pinched all my Dragon armor, pretty much everything I had on me at the time, which was worth a good ten mil. Luckily I have a pin on my bank, or else the damage would have been a lot worse.

Now, I'm freaking out that he'll get my details again and do the same thing, but hopefully, with my new recovery questions and password, I should be able to fend him off. My mate told me it was because of the site I went to, but I'm still being cautious.

Anyway, have you ever been hacked, on any online gaming site, what was the damage, and how exactly did you get snagged?

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
No
spacer.gif

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Luckily for me,with all the MMO's i played i've never been hacked.Though there's times where some of my items mysteriously disappear.. hm...

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
my old Runescape account got hacked twice. The first time it was hacked because I was stupid and gave the guy my password when he told me he needed it to make me a member (I was new at the game at the time, so i didn't know the guy was about to screw me over). Thankfully I got it back afterwords.

The second time I got hacked was when one of my friends found out my password and gave it to some random kid on April fools day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

no, because i don't have down syndrome and don't click random links that are sent to me

Maxyli138

My old Maplestory account got hacked and they changed the password and messed up all my characters. Now I don't play anymore.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
yes I have... It resulted in a near full suspension of my school computer account... I had to explain that I had tracked the hacker to a undisclosed adress but I still ended up suspended from the computer for a week

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No. At least I don't think so. I never stick to those online games long enough to get hacked, nor would I allow myself to interact with people except when it was guilds made by friends. And never has it happened on my IMs...-decides to change all passwords now-

Sparks

gone
Facebook, kinda.

I tried to log on once one day and it said that someone from an unfamiliar location (Nebraska...) was on my account looking at my personal information and friends. I did the option to change my password securing it with my email, and I haven't had a problem since.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
When I was younger I had a Gaia account for a loooong time and had a lot of expensive items. Somehow I was hacked, not by clicking on a link... or giving out my password either. There's really nothing I did to get hacked, but none the less it happened and I lost everything.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Never been hacked. You should always be careful in big social places on the internet (forums, irc channels, games etc) because you just never know who you meet or what their capable of doing.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Someone pulled a direct mouse jack on me years back when I was at uno. Thought my mouse was bugging out on me, but the guy started an anti-virus scan on my hardrive. Immediately started looking through my processes trying smoke that guy out. He jumped ship before I could find the process(es) he was using. Needless to say I took a long, hard look at my security afterwards.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Just my Yahoo account(thankfully). Though, it's not really a big deal to me. I rarely used it, but it got hacked by some kind of IQ Test Spambot, but it was one that gave me laughs. So, I guess I can say I enjoyed getting hacked..sort of, but oh gawd, I'm taking extra precautions for everything else.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
I think the only time I've ever been hacked was just my old Neopets account. My friend has worse luck though. His WoW account was hacked into twice in a week, and a couple other times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back