• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Evangelion - Anno apologizes about 3.0 + 1.0, 3.0 burned him out

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion

I keep getting told by a couple of friends to watch this- started yesterday. Looks great so far. :333333

Allister Rose

French Lover

i recommended it to my friend seeing this is his type of anime....he says he loves it and wants to see end of evangelion and the rebuild series

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

I have the first Rebuild movie, but haven't seen it yet. Currently busy with other series atm

Tails_Night

Bronze Member

Yeah it's a great series btu to prevent any confusion, it's also one of those tell yoru friends to tell you little, and forget anything and everything they've ever told you about the series, then you can catcyh your own view of it and not be like "wtf?" with a stupified face on.

impart

Climb The Sky

okay I just finished the anime yesterday and watched the end of Evangelion.
I really liked the first half of the anime, but I really hate everything after. not that I was expecting a happy ending but I wasn't expecting to hate Shinji by the end of it... I just do. I dono, I hate what they did with his character

ive got only one question though

at the very end why was he strangling Asuka? because she wouldn't help him???

Tails_Night

Bronze Member

okay I just finished the anime yesterday and watched the end of Evangelion.
I really liked the first half of the anime, but I really hate everything after. not that I was expecting a happy ending but I wasn't expecting to hate Shinji by the end of it... I just do. I dono, I hate what they did with his character

ive got only one question though

at the very end why was he strangling Asuka? because she wouldn't help him???

I think he was doing it because she was comatose and because of his psych out episode, and possibly being alone for so long. I mean look at the world, you have no timeframe of wether that was a few minutes after the eventes of EoE or if it was a few weeks between his rejection of instrumentality and the end of the movie. My thought was he wanted to see if he could do it like he did in his mental episode.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Ah yes! NGE is still my favorite anime. I own the original series and bought the first Rebuild movie and I'm nervously/eagerly awaiting the second one.

Also my take on the strangling of Asuka was because he was so angry with her for "dying" and leaving him alone after he had pleaded to himself for her to help him.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

I made some NGE demotivators. xD

They aren't meant to be offensive in any way. :3

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rei is a veg, by the way.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I made some NGE demotivators. xD

They aren't meant to be offensive in any way. :3

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Rei is a veg, by the way.
Lol, Shinji. Man I watched that movie for the first time when I was 14 with my 10 year old friend and like spazzed when that part came on because of her age... Wanking off to comatose Asuka wtf boii.

impart

Climb The Sky

hahah yeah. I hated how they turned shinji into a sex obsessed perv in the movie. its like you know he was never really interested. It's apparent in the beginning of the anime where he doesn't show any interest in Misato, like the other boys

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Did you guys see the one where Asuka fights alone against those white things and Shinji doesn't help her? I mean that was just... horrible to watch.. and wrong..

Was that part of a movie in Neon Genesis Evangelion? Also why did they end the anime the way they did in episode 25 and 26 episode?
I know part of it was money but still did they ever fix it so it could make sense? or at least a better ending?

for it made no sense when I watch it... other wise the rest of it was fine...

impart

Climb The Sky

^
the part where Asuka fights is in the movie, yes.

and the last episodes were like that because the director had no time.

the movie is an alternate ending, and I believe another alternate ending is in the making now....

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Okay, so the Asuka fight is in one of the movies.. ok ;) So there's alternate endings... any of them any good?

impart

Climb The Sky

IMO no. but I dont like the series at all after the first half of it.

I did like the Asuka fight scene though.
and I think there is only one alternate ending for the time being. the other one is being worked on

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I agree the series was good up to a certain part of it then it just went bad.. ;) I liked watching it but at the same time it bugs me to watch Asuka be attacked by those things and hearing her scream through it.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Did you guys see the one where Asuka fights alone against those white things and Shinji doesn't help her? I mean that was just... horrible to watch.. and wrong..

Was that part of a movie in Neon Genesis Evangelion? Also why did they end the anime the way they did in episode 25 and 26 episode?
I know part of it was money but still did they ever fix it so it could make sense? or at least a better ending?

for it made no sense when I watch it... other wise the rest of it was fine...

The white things?

You're talking about the mass-produced Evas. I'll give ya a backstory is they were too mind-screwy.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yes, that is part of a movie. Two, technically. Specifically, Episode 25' "AIR - Love is destructive.", the first part of The End of Evangelion and final part of Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth.

There are possibilities that the "Congratulations!" ending was a huge middle finger to the network for rejecting the original scripts for the last two episodes. Which ended up becoming The End of Evangelion.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Alright then thanks for explaining what the white things were, and where they came from :) including what movie.

I didn't really get why after wards in the movie Death and Rebirth with those White Evas were created to attack Nerv for? If they came from other places what were there true goals then? Just to get rid of Nerv? When Nerv took out all the angels thus leaving no impact...? So why attack them?

And that one boy who was recruit for the suit that went crazy why was he put in the suit to begin with?

So was Shinji father the bad guy then? I mean he had something to do with the angels and everything right?

AHHH I don't get it any more... ;) oh well, It's been awhile since I've watch the series, so sorry if some of the questions sound silly ;)

Last edited:

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards

Alright then thanks for explaining what the white things were, and where they came from :) including what movie.

I didn't really get why after wards in the movie Death and Rebirth with those White Evas were created to attack Nerv for? If they came from other places what were there true goals then? Just to get rid of Nerv? When Nerv took out all the angels thus leaving no impact...? So why attack them?

And that one boy who was recruit for the suit that went crazy why was he put in the suit to begin with?

So was Shinji father the bad guy then? I mean he had something to do with the angels and everything right?

AHHH I don't get it any more... ;) oh well, It's been awhile since I've watch the series, so sorry if some of the questions sound silly ;)

I'll answer EVERY SINGLE QUESTION you got, buddy. : )

LONG POST AHEAD.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

About the Angels and Third Impact, I'll just tell you that there are multiple versions of Third Impact.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

By the way, Shinji was chosen to pilot Eva-01 because it's housing his mom Yui's soul.

Tails_Night

Bronze Member

^
the part where Asuka fights is in the movie, yes.

and the last episodes were like that because the director had no time.

the movie is an alternate ending, and I believe another alternate ending is in the making now....
I think it's quite apparent at this time, if you've watched Evangelion 2.0/2.22 that this series is heading for an alternate ending of fangasmous proportions. I believe even some of the team and the series creator stated he planned to give Rebuild of Evangelion a completely new ending, one no one would see coming... and he included in the process a brunette as mysterious as sephiroth was... for the fanwankers.

Yeah the mass-production evas were pretty screwy, I remember how much I flipped when I paused the movie to see if the entry plugs said anything and I noticed they all had Kaworu written on them... I freaked... just to find out it was a long-known fact.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Thank you for answering my questions, and that's what episode 26 was about then. It makes sense but still what a complicated show this truly was.. lol ;)

So they really did have the third impact... right?

Back