• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drugs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy

Bronze Member
For the people who dislike the use of drugs, why do you dislike them overall? Even things as insignificant as weed, which isn't as bad as alcohol or cigarettes, which are both legal. I understand things like coke, meth, etc. But why smaller things?

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
It kills you. No matter how fast or how slow, it kills you.

Joy

Bronze Member
So does the pollutants in the air I'm breathing right now. Hell, my own cells end up committing suicide. The food you eat is not good for you, and if continued eating, it will kill you. The wear and tear of moving around will eventually kill you. Being upset, will shorten your life. Being happy and unaware, can shorten your life.

There are so many things that are already killing me. Why put this subject on such a pedestal?

Trag

Bronze Member
You know, you just articulated everything I would have said, Time.
I've got nothing against drugs, I just don't like how alcohol can make some of the kids I hang around even dumber.

L

Lunar Rain

Weed is statistically one of the smallest percentage of things that kill you. Alcohol is understandable if your stupid with it and drive or something. But the smaller things that Time mentions is just as horrible as some of the things that are around us daily.

Rix

:)
Awards
well... Some people are overdoing it and dying because of that.. It's fine with me if someone smokes some weed just to chill, but then they should just chill and don't do anything stupid like driving afterwards. I'm not smoking weed or anything myself, but I don't have problems with those that are doing it if they know what they are doing. Stronger drugs arent acceptable though.

Joy

Bronze Member
Weed is statistically one of the smallest percentage of things that kill you. Alcohol is understandable if your stupid with it and drive or something. But the smaller things that Time mentions is just as horrible as some of the things that are around us daily.

I'm pretty sure that weed has never killed anyone. Impossible to overdose, because you'll pass out from it way before you reach the point of ODing.

Also, what about things such as mushrooms? I'm not entirely sure on the longer effect of drugs such as mushrooms or LSD, or other psychedelic drugs, but overall are they really that bad? They're not addicting, and it's up to the mental will of the person to stop it. If they were weak to begin with, then it's a personal problem, not the drugs' fault.

L

Lunar Rain

Yeah it was along those lines Time.

Personally if it doesn't affect you in any way of harm, let people do what they want to do. Don't judge others because they make a choice. Sometimes they do it because of emotional problems and they look for a way out.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Well, with the exception of Caffeine, I don't do drugs because

A) I don't need anything hindering my ability to think clearly.

B) I don't need anything that will kill me because of either the above or because it's just that strong.

C) I don't want anything else to shorten my life expectancy.

Now, I don't disagree with having a beer every now and then (seriously, as long as you don't go overboard, I don't mind). The main problem that I have with smoking is that it's highly addictive and (because of the Tobacco) will kill your lungs over a period of time (which would be fine except for the fact that it is addictive and difficult to quit, so you'll probably reach that state eventually).

While smoking a joint won't kill you, and might not be nearly as addictive as other drugs, the fact is that it is still illegal. Maybe I'm just too much of a "traditionalist", but I'm just under the impression that if the law says you shouldn't do it, then you shouldn't do it. After all, the only reason that alcohol isn't illegal is because they let it go for too long, and people just wouldn't stop even after they made the effort, so the law was basically pointless and they amended it.

Last edited:

Joy

Bronze Member
Well, with the exception of Caffeine, I don't do drugs because

A) I don't need anything hindering my ability to think clearly.

B) I don't need anything that will kill me because of either the above or because it's just that strong.

C) I don't want anything else to shorten my life expectancy.

Now, I don't disagree with having a beer every now and then (seriously, as long as you don't go overboard, I don't mind). The main problem that I have with smoking is that it's highly addictive and (because of the Tobacco) will kill your lungs over a period of time (which would be fine except for the fact that it is addictive and difficult to quit, so you'll probably reach that state eventually).

While smoking a joint won't kill you, and might not be nearly as addictive as other drugs, the fact is that it is still illegal. Maybe I'm just too much of a "traditionalist", but I'm just under the impression that if the law says you shouldn't do it, then you shouldn't do it. After all, the only reason that alcohol isn't illegal is because they let it go for too long, and people just wouldn't stop even after they made the effort, so the law was basically pointless and they amended it.

Are you 17?

If so, what're you doing drinking underage, pointing out the fact you said you shouldn't be doing anything illegal.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Are you 17?

If so, what're you doing drinking underage, pointing out the fact you said you shouldn't be doing anything illegal.

I'm not saying that I drink, lol. I'm saying that I don't see a problem with a person having a beer as long as they don't go overboard and are the appropriate age.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
So does the pollutants in the air I'm breathing right now. Hell, my own cells end up committing suicide. The food you eat is not good for you, and if continued eating, it will kill you. The wear and tear of moving around will eventually kill you. Being upset, will shorten your life. Being happy and unaware, can shorten your life.

There are so many things that are already killing me. Why put this subject on such a pedestal?

You know what else will kill you? Foxdie.

You're right, saying 'it'll kill you' isn't a satisfactory answer. Everything will kill you, don't single out things when you know damn well that it's the same for everything else.

Trag

Bronze Member
What's the deal with Ecstasy? I'm terrified of pills, so I would never try it personally, but how dangerous is it?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
You know what else will kill you? Foxdie.

You're right, saying 'it'll kill you' isn't a satisfactory answer. Everything will kill you, don't single out things when you know damn well that it's the same for everything else.

True, and I understand your point. However, if all of the aforementioned things will kill you, then why would you want to expedite it by taking drugs?

What's the deal with Ecstasy? I'm terrified of pills, so I would never try it personally, but how dangerous is it?

A main issue is that it is an addictive drug (or as some people like to say nicely, "habit-forming")
Here is a list of short-term effects:

* Nausea
* Hallucinations
* Chills & sweating
* Increased body temp
* Tremors
* Muscle cramping
* Blurred vision

Also, in a study in 1998, it was found that Ecstasy hinders the transfer of a biochemical, serotonin, which is involved in functions like learning, sleep, and integration of emotion.

Sources: Ecstasy Side Effects

NIDA for Teens: Facts on Drugs - Ecstasy

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

Ecstasy is sorta an umbrella term, Ecstasy at it's very root is MDMA, but when something is "Ecstacy" there's a chance they've traced it with other chemicals.

Pure MDMA is nigh harmless, less so then alcohol, so instead of saying "Ecstasy" you should be specific and say MDMA, because the people will know what you're talking about.

On that note, MDMA is awesome.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

edit: nevermind

really, if you're gonna have the attitude that everything in this world is gonna kill you, i'm not going to be able to convince you that drugs are bad.

but just think how much time you waste being high. and you need more to get the same high. it's bad for your wallet, your body, and your life in general. so why do it? cuz it makes you feel good.

go outside. play sports. hang out with friends.

that's a lot more satisfactory than a short term high, that has a crash and makes you feel like crap.

again, if you have the mentality that drugs aren't bad for you, there's nothing myself or anyone else can do to change your mind.

Last edited:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Yes, we all know that TMM endorses MDMA.

However, if all of the aforementioned things will kill you, then why would you want to expedite it by taking drugs?

Probably because it: a. makes you feel good, b. is addictive, or c. you don't care.

Trag

Bronze Member
I don't waste my time getting high. In all honesty, there are very few things to do when you're sitting at home bored. It's no big deal if you want to get high once in a while, you make it sound like you have to throw your life away for it.

Joy

Bronze Member
ecstasy can knock you out easily. it's called a "date rape" drug for a reason. ecstasy is very dangerous.

really, if you're gonna have the attitude that everything in this world is gonna kill you, i'm not going to be able to convince you that drugs are bad.

but just think how much time you waste being high. and you need more to get the same high. it's bad for your wallet, your body, and your life in general. so why do it? cuz it makes you feel good.

go outside. play sports. hang out with friends.

that's a lot more satisfactory than a short term high, that has a crash and makes you feel like crap.

again, if you have the mentality that drugs aren't bad for you, there's nothing myself or anyone else can do to change your mind.

But I mean, why are they bad? Physically, something like weed only affects your lungs, and yeah, that's bad for you in the long run, i understand.

But there's nothing else bad about it. I understand other things, but if you act responsible, take tolerance breaks, don't try to do it to fit in, and just do it as you would play sports, what's the big deal?

Even things like LSD, and Shrooms, and DMT (as I'm very interested in psychedelic drugs, hence why i bring these up in particular), aren't as harmful as people make them out to be. hell, DMT is used naturally, in your sleep, for your dreams (well, we believe it to be used for that).

I mean, the McDonalds I eat is worse for me than smoking a joint, and it sure as hell makes me feel different, in the same way physical exercise may make you feel different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back