• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drive Forms vs Summons

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dou you prefer Summons or Drive forms?

• Drive forms

Votes: 35 97.2%
  • Summons

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volktio

What do you prefer who do you think is better in a battle put your opinion in here :D
i really think Drive forms are better .

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Which summons are you speaking of here the ones found in KH1 and KH2 or the ones in BBS.

Then again I'm tired my mind isn't working correctly cause I don't think those were summons in BBS.

Volktio

I mean in general the ones from kh,khcom and khII i prefer Sora cloth change than a disney summon except for cloud he was awesome xD

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I prefer Drive Forms overall. I found them much more practical, whereas with Summons I felt somewhat confined to a certain area, and felt oblidged to only start them up when there were a lot of enemies around to make full use of them. Their use in CoM was completely different though, so in that respect I did like them, but in KH1 and KH2 they weren't really my cup of tea.

Gram

Banned
Awards
aside from Tinker bell in kh1 i never used the summons in any game cept to just see what there like or level them (kh2) so i prefer drives, tho honestly i hardly ever used drives either cept for their growth abilites :/

tho between the two i enjoyed drives more, mostly anti, valor and limit form tho.

WaveK89

Drive forms for the most part. Perhaps, if summons were implemented like D-Links, I'd be more willing to use them.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah, I prefer Drive Forms as well. I mean, with Summons you lose both your party members, but with Drive Forms (namely Valor and Wisdom) you only lose one. And for a good chunk of the game you only really have those two.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
While the concept of summons is really cool, I never ever wanted to waste my precious magic (primarily/only Cure) on one. So my total practical usage of summons (as in not messing around seeing what they're like) is zero.

Drive Forms I actually use; they tap into a different pool than magic, and they're really useful. They also look friggin' sweet.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I personally hope future summons actually are as powerful as Final Fantasy portrays their summons to be. There weren't really a lot of useful summons besides Tinkerbell or I guess Bambi to some extent. They felt more like... for the fun of it. I do love the summon animations from the first game.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
In that case neither then I didn't like summons so well and I hated drive forms.

I don't like the drive forms because they were too easy to pull off for me, and depending on which one it was extremely overpowered(Master/Final). Plus the penalty for doing it too much should have been greater I know you go into Anti-Form, but it just wasn't enough for me.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Drive forms though it would of been awesome if drive forms had there own limit attacks as well..but then again that would of made the game even easier so if they implement drive forms in the future they better add limit attacks.

Vexdon

Drive forms...Drives were one of my favorite new features to KH2...I never was a huge summon user..to me they served more of a purpose in KH1 mostly cuz that game was more difficult..in number 2 it seemed that Sora was stronger at a lower level than the first one, add the drive forms to that and the summon spells lost their importance to me

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I barely ever used summons. They need to be made more relevant and useful. In FF I constantly used summons because they did a significant amount of damage. I'd rather go into a Drive Form and fight alone than call in Chicken Little to pelt Darkside with baseballs.

I want REAL summons. I want to summon Chernabog. Or Bahamut. Someone who can seriously cause some damage.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Odysseus

Yes actually in Halloween Town still managed to get by with that happening. Actually I liked Anti-Form the best out of the whole set that's quite backwards, but maybe because it was a little challenge to it.

Volktio

i really just used summons to see how they looked like. but i really liked the drive forms system because of the special moves and the way sora used his keyblade was really cool to be watched but i think they are a little too easier to be used. it would be cool if they use a drive-command style so when you use too much magic you transform in wisdom and if you fight just with physical attacks valor something like that

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
They need to make summons....well... useful for people to start actually using them. I remember the first summon in KH2 was Chicken Little and that was just.....sigh.....just so terrible. Lets fire baseballs and firecrackers that do 1-5 points of damage OR just keep fighting normally and kill everything.

Drive forms were fun to use because they were crazy powerful. Make summons like that and they'll be fun too.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I always thought about Maleficent Dragon form being a summon but I wonder how it'll be negotiated between Sora/Riku since she's a villian and all but I always viewed her as some sort of Disney Bahamut.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
If an FF summon showed up (I'm looking at you, Bahamut) then I'd be inclined to change my mind, but Drives are generally more useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back