• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dragon Age: Inquisition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: Dragon Age: Origins

Fcuk yeah. Finally bought Awakening. Going to import my Arcane Warrior first cause that guy is fucking awesome.

Also bought the Darkspawn Chronicles DLC. It's different and a bit fun. Playing from the Darkspawn point of view and annihilating the Warden and his merry men. The gameplay options aren't very varied, but it's decent "alternate ending".

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com

s1eyeballs

DRAGON AGE. DRAGON AGE. DRAGON.AGE.ORIGINS. <33333

I love this game so frickin' much that even these emotes on the message board can't begin to express how much love this game makes me have. Already played through Origins twice, and now I'm replaying it four more times with four other characters. Two on the X-Box and two on the computer.

A city elf warrior, a noble dwarf warrior, a human noble rouge and a human mage. The mage is gay and going to romance Zevran, because I said so. Kestrel, the elf, is a replaying on the computer and going to romance Alistair and Corriban, who is the human noble is going to get close to Morrigan and marry Anora. At lest I think that is her name. Not that I care, considering that I hate her so much. Regardless of such, I just...ffffff I love this game.

s1ellefaces1ellefaces1elleface

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Fcuk yeah. Finally bought Awakening. Going to import my Arcane Warrior first cause that guy is firetrucking awesome.

Better late than never, I guess.

Just a warning. Do anything and everything that the game lets you do.

I also love how we describe our characters as who we are going to let them fuck. Here I go!

First character was Fria, my Dalish Elf rogue. Being the woman that I am, I went straight for Alistair. My next played character is my elf mage Voltario. He is going after Princes Stabbity. And my last one was a city elf rogue...who I forget who he was. But he was going to screw Morrigan so lol. Kinda have them set up as a sibling set.

Awards

I remember making myself end up being able to screw both Leliana and Morrigan without recieving anymore penalty except for that one time. They complain, but they still take it.

Basically, my Rogue Warrior is a pimp.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

I remember making myself end up being able to screw both Leliana and Morrigan without recieving anymore penalty except for that one time. They complain, but they still take it.

That's a feat I wish there was an achievement for.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

I'm assuming you also screwed that one chick from the Dalish Elf camp. I'm kinda disturbed by how much joy I gained from her would-be-boyfriend's tears.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

One of you guys has to try to get into a foursome. Have to be female though and have enough patience with your Bi Buddies and Alistair.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Better late than never, I guess.

Just a warning. Do anything and everything that the game lets you do.
Well I think I've been doing pretty well so far. I got the Achievement for fully upgrading Vigil's Keep. Blocked of the entrance to the Deep Roads, paid the 80 sovereigns and found the granite desposits for the walls, had Wade and Herren make armour and weapons from the ore deposits I found and convinced the two merchants to come to Vigil's Keep. I should be alright.
Even had Wade craft all the weapons and armour for his quest. I've completed absolutely every single quest so far apart from Oghren's personal quest and am just about to move into the end game.

I didn't realise you could kill characters if you recruited them/made the Grey Warden's in the wrong order, but luckily I haven't done so.
I'll let you know how I fare with the Epilogue.

I got that, too. I was boning both of them and they didn't take notice. Got Morrigan's epilogue with my Old God kid and wondering about the ring she gave me and Leliana accompanying me after the end of the Blight. Should make Dragon Age 2 pretty interesting.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

More DLC;-=; I'm so far behind. Iwanted this for PC or PS3 but I may just go head and rent for the 360><(hopefully no 360 problems this time)that is why I been waiting so long on this.

Leliana's Song seems cool though.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Dragon Age 2

It's official, Link

http://dragonage.bioware.com/cdn/L/DA2/announce/concept-01-o.jpg

http://dragonage.bioware.com/cdn/L/DA2/announce/concept-02-o.jpg

Key Features:

* Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
* Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
* Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
* Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
* Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

Macabre

Gold Member

Dragon Age 2 announced.
BioWare | Dragon Age: Origins

* Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
* Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
* Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
* Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
* Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

Plot details:

You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Not too keen with the updated graphics. My computer can't deal with the graphics currently. So does this mean my Dalish Rogue has seen her last days? :<

Edit: So, the grea thing about the first Dragon Age was that you could be so many people. But in the sequel, we are all a human wit the last name Hawke. Does Bioware not realize what makes the first game awesome?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: Dragon Age Series Discussion - Dragon Age 2 Announced

Time to get a new computer, Sarah. I thought the first game was beautiful enough, but hey, I'll take a visual upgrade for sure.

I'm slightly disappointed that we're not continuing the Warden's story and the amount of depth there was to the first game will be sort of streamlined down to one character this time around. That kinda hurts, but nevertheless I'll pick this game up on the first day. If they go the ME2 route for Dragon Age, I won't complain (because I love ME2) but I hope there will continue to be as much depth, as much intricacy, difference and choice as there was in the first game. That's what will get me.

I also really, really, really need to know what happens to Morrigan. That bitch ran off with my child and I need to know what happens to it.

I've also managed to find a few things regarding the new game.

Firstly, an image -

1578443220Large.jpg

At least the art design is staying the same. I loved the bleak, pale colour palette. (Don't ask me where I found this, I got no idea myself.)

And a few tidbits from the upcoming Game Informer articles that comes out in week or so. I expect full scans around then but for now:

- Can import data from the original game
- Flemeth will appear
- Causing issues with party members won’t always be a bad thing:

“They won’t necessarily leave. They may still join you, but they’re going to try to show you up, and that may influence battle in a different way.”

- Mass Effect 2 conversation wheel, now a symbol is shown to show what sort of reply it is (ex: aggressive or sarcastic)
- Manner in which the story unfolds will be different than previous BioWare titles:

“Dragon Age II has a framed narrative structure, which means that the exploits of Hawke occured in the past, but are being retold in the present.” “Narrators with unique insights into the events in question tell the tale of his past adventures.”

- Events from the original at the start may be shown, but from a different perspective:

“Dragon Age II begins as the events of Origins are still taking place, so you may see some familiar events from a different angle.”

- Will see the consequences of our actions sooner instead of a little text at the end of the game
- PC version’s combat system the same for the most part:

“The PC version implements the same strategic approach afforded by a mouse-and-keyboard control scheme. Rather than try to mimic the PC experience on consoles, Dragon Age II has a battle system more tailored to the strengths of the PS3 and 360.”

Another quote:

“You may be controlling a different character in Dragon Age II, but the choices your Grey Warden made in Origins are still imported from your save and reflected in the world.”

About the conversation system:

“Dragon Age II uses a conversation system similar to Mass Effect’s, where players select paraphrased versions of the dialogue from a wheel. An icon in the middle of the wheel even illustrates the line’s basic intent (like aggressive or sarcastic), so you can focus more on the interaction rather than reading and analyzing your dialogue choices.”
Game Informer speaking about the game, having played the Xbox 360 version:
“[Game Informer] can confirm that it is faster, more responsive, and more fluid than before. As soon as you press a button, something happens. As a warrior, Hawke threw down special strikes and used a new dash move to slash through darkspawn with ease. It isn’t on the Dynasty Warriors side of the spectrum, but with obvious improvements to the targeting system and animations, playing Dragon Age II with a controller finally feels natural.”

Gaming Everything

At least the gameplay will stay the same for PC. Definitely going with that choice again. The dialogue wheel doesn't bother me. I liked it. And I'm glad the choices import. Though, depending on what you did there are some very big ramifications to be had in DA2. Especially concerning the Architect from Awakening.

Another bit I've found is that BioWare will hold on their promise to support DA:O with DLC for up to 2 years. There is plenty more DLC on the way and I would hope that the Warden's story is sorted out through this. (I also wouldn't mind if there was another Awakening type expansion.)

And lastly I have a theory about that white haired women in the concept art and the Game Informer cover (http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/gameinformer/covers/dragonagecoverspread.jpg). Tell me what you think:

2uohopi.png

Hmm?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Its a Morrigan with Flemeth hair. Obviously a mage. Game cover makes it seem like she can change into a dragon. So, I'm guessing she is Flemeth related.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Remember our discussion #junes before, Ulti? The Old Gods were dragons, too.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

No idea if the Old Gods could masquerade as humans though. I don't think Bioware is that blunt. An interesting idea but it seems way too easy to guess that right now. We do have two more Old Gods to see but I just can't see them losing their awesome form. I don't see the purpose unless they are trying to pass off a wicked intelligent Old God. But we went through that with the darkspawn.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Not what I was implying.

The concept art resembles Morrigan and post slaying of the Archdemon, (depending on your ending) she's walking around with an Old God in her belly. What if the power transferred to her?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

It is hard to read you then.

I don't take character designs are proof considering they reused a lot of designs in Awakening. I would love to see Morrigan again though. If the concept art stays the same as more information is released, there is a possiblity. But if it really is just concept art and Morrigan's design is just a placeholder, it might not work.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Finally got Awakening the other day, and I have to say the ending was pretty satisfying. To the point where I don't mind the idea of DA2 having a story that doesn't focus on the Grey Wardens. Honestly, only a few games have ever had an ending with such a satisfying feeling for me. I don't mind not being able to choose a different race in DA2 although I will miss playing an elf.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/07/14/dragon-age-ii-timeline-of-thedas.aspx

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards

Well, I absolutely love Dragon Age, and I wish I had a good PC so I could play it on the computer rather than my Xbox 360. Oh well.

Dragon Age 2, though, I'm already a little disappointed in. They're kind of pulling a Mass Effect, where we're not playing OUR character anymore, but rather their own character and we just get the luxury of changing the face. Except, if we're unlucky, it'll also be like Mass Effect, where no matter what, our created character will always look inferior to the actual Shepard.

Also, I'll miss the tactical combat on the 360, since they said it'd be changing to better fit console controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back