• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dragon Age: Inquisition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: Dragon Age II

It definitely sounds like they're taking ideas from dark souls.

EDIT: So is Inquisition Dragon Age 3 or a midquel like Dream Drop Distance?
This is Dragon Age 3.

[video=youtube;uO2h4qUNJ60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2h4qUNJ60[/video]

October 7 release date. My fingers are crossed so hard for this game to be good.

Someone change the thread title.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

The embargo has been lifted and the reviews are coming in.

Lots of strong, positive reviews. Currently sitting on an 89 at Metacritic - Dragon Age: Inquisition for PlayStation 4 Reviews - Metacritic

Dragon Age II has an 82 on Metacritic so that metric doesn't say much, but I think the franchise as a whole was notably harmed after DAII to the point where a lot of people were resistant to it. So I think for reviews to be this positive for Inquisition is a very good thing.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

No regrets on Digital Deluxe then. This will be quite an adventure.

Also, the Keep? Holy hell, I think it is literally every possible choice in the games. I wonder if every single one will matter.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Never played a Dragon Age game before, but I'm very interested in playing Inquisition.

So, I started digging through the lore and whatnot in the wiki. Gotta say, it's a lot more enjoyable to learn about than I expected. Really fleshed out and intricate. Not too impenetrable though, which is helpful.

Updated the thread title, btw

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'm in the same boat as you. I wish my backlog of games was a bit smaller so I could play through the others, I really have a lot of interest in Inquisition.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Yeah I love the ShoddyCast lore series. I started following them because they had alot of news on Elder Scrolls Online before it came out, but he lore series kept me subscribed.

And I really love the Dragon Age lore. It feels very unique compared to other Tolkien-inspired fantasy worlds. The fact that elves lost their immortality and were enslaved by men is particularly cool, because it's the first time tension between the two races felt justified (as well as creates parallels to real life). And the DA version of magic is so unique. It's the first time magic felt like it had consequences, to me.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The more I learn, the more I realize that I am going to stress over my world state in the same way that I stress over character customization.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I bought a new computer on Wednesday. First time I ever built one, and I did it just for this game.

I am not disappointed. God does it look beautiful in 60fps.

Zul

Awards
So then...I'm about five years behind you guys. Recently bought ultimate edition(DA:O) on steam, very fun so far, reminiscent of Neverwinter Nights.

Beat golems of amgarrak on hard with a new-made mage so enjoying 300+ gold at the start of the game huehue.

I just hope this laptop can run DA2.

Dargons! Dargons I say!

DAGRON!

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
God.

I love Sera.

I love Sera so much.
I knew you would. I'm an Iron Bull fan myself.

"I like your horns. But they are not bull horns. They are dragons. You should have called yourself the Iron Dragon."

"Oh... shit. That's much better."

So I've met with Alistair, Anora and Hawke so far. I'm hoping that we get see at least a majority of the old companions. I have a feeling Zevran is going to pop up somewhere. The Tevinter's are playing a big part in the game so Fenris should be around. Aveline and Carver are in hiding. I know the Warden doesn't appear, unfortunately. Which is bullshit. I think Wynne is canonically dead. I hope I get to hunt down Anders. Sebastian has appeared on the War Table. Apparently he went back to Starkhaven and invaded Kirkwall.

I know where is Morrigan is and I can't wait to see her. But I'm saving that for when I'm a bit stronger.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I knew you would. I'm an Iron Bull fan myself.

"I like your horns. But they are not bull horns. They are dragons. You should have called yourself the Iron Dragon."

"Oh... shit. That's much better."

So I've met with Alistair, Anora and Hawke so far. I'm hoping that we get see at least a majority of the old companions. I have a feeling Zevran is going to pop up somewhere. The Tevinter's are playing a big part in the game so Fenris should be around. Aveline and Carver are in hiding. I know the Warden doesn't appear, unfortunately. Which is bullshit. I think Wynne is canonically dead. I hope I get to hunt down Anders. Sebastian has appeared on the War Table. Apparently he went back to Starkhaven and invaded Kirkwall.

I know where is Morrigan is and I can't wait to see her. But I'm saving that for when I'm a bit stronger.

Oh, I love Bull too. My Qunari is trying to screw him currently. Doesn't seem to pick up on innuendos very well.But I heard it is worth the wait.

Met up with Hawke and Alistair. Too much fun having a Clever Hawke and Clever inquisitor trying to outwit each other. Dialogue went perfect together, considering the whole Arishok deal. I only just reached Skyhold so I haven't seen much of anyone else.

Cassandra is pretty damn tsundere right now. I can't deal with how cute she is for such a badass.

Is anyone bugged with Leliana's Under Her Skin quest? She is stuck at Busy and I can't access her at all.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Haven't experienced any quest breaking bugs like that. Worst that's happened is that sometimes the dialog scenes don't advance like they're supposed to. Normally, I can just skip to the next line, but I've had to restart the game a couple times.

Also, this game triggers my RPG OCD like nobody's business. It's to the point where I'm struggling to decide whether to clear out a current area or do everything on the war map first. My productivity has dropped down into the negatives, I'm pretty sure.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Beat the game last night. Took me 48 hours but I still have a bunch of side quests to do. Glad how my canon play through ended.

My favorite companion has to be Cole with Sera and Bull tied for 2nd and then Cassandra because she was my romance. But really all the companions are awesome.

Although Solas and Blackwall told me that they didn't like me. Solas made a racist comment about my Qunari Inquistor and I punch him haha. And Blackwall became my friend after I did his personal quest.

Great game. Only hard part is choosing which class and race I'll do for my second play through.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Anyone know a good build for Iron Dies-A-Lot? He just keeps eating dirt for me.

This game.

This fucking game.

Made me choose between Alistair and Hawke? You can't do that. You can't do that to me Bioware...

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I bought this game the other day (literally a day before the GOTY edition was announced =_____=)

i'm not really sure what to expect

but I'm very excited to get my gay mage on.

GOTY edition for those who might not have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back