• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

do you honestly believe in that?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Carmax real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

I suppose I do, but not like it's a magical force that constantly watches our every move, waiting to take us down. But I do believe good and bad things happen to people everyday, mostly triggered by our past actions, and when we can't connect a good or bad deed we've done to a positive or negative occurrence in our lives, we blame Karma. I like to think that all the terrible things now happening in the lives of those who wronged me in the past are due to Karma, but I know it's just they made terrible decisions that got them there. You could say that I believe in human-induced Karma. Still, the universe is ridiculous and strange and we have yet to understand the tip of the ice burg. Random and impossible things happen everyday as well, so why not believe?

Last edited:

VagueSimplicity

Awards
I believe that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and transforms and disperses itself across the universe equally. As for the whole, good vs. bad energy equilibrium named "karma", it's much more metaphysical and therefore indeterminable. But speaking from perception, I believe in it as one believes in miracles; sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
Since it happens around me all the time, ppl getting what they give, I do believe that what goes around comes around. Do I think it's a magical mystical superspecialawesome force? No. But some times when good or bad things happen to me it's b/c I've done something good or bad to someone else.

But I also believe that some things ppl just bring upon themselves. Not everything bad that happens to us is "magical payback" for something we've done wrong. A lot of times, in fact, most times I think, we make unhealthy decisions and suffer the consequences. For instance, if someone calls someone else a name or whatever and they get beat up, that's their own fault for harassing the person. Karma has nothing to do with it. Furthermore, I've always thought of karma as getting what you "deserve" but sometimes bad things happen to good ppl. This is again due to poor decision. That, or it's just an unfortunate mishap.

Silfarion

I don't necessarily believe in karma itself, but I am very sure that what you do will ultimately effect the consequences you will take.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
There is no definitive proof that such a thing as karma exists, but my 'paranoia' puts the idea that my actions will come back around to me someday in my head. Of course, while I'm pissed off and acting in line with my anger, I don't think about karma, but I do worry that something might happen to me to settle the score. This is probably the reason for why I don't walk over three consecutive grids or walk under sign posts, etc.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
'Karma' is an Indian religious concept in contradistinction to 'faith' espoused by Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam), which view all human dramas as the will of God as opposed to present—and past—life actions. In theistic schools of Hinduism, humans have free will to choose good or evil and suffer the consequences, which require the will of God to implement karma's consequences, unlike Buddhism or Jainism which do not accord any role to a supreme God or gods. In Indian beliefs, the karmic effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala
There are so many wrong things about that sentence

Last edited:

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
What is wrong about that sentence?

humans have free will to choose good or evil and suffer the consequences
I could mock you right now or make fun of the sentence's grammar or any of those stupid things i'm known for. But instead i'm gonna leave it up to your neurons. What do YOU think is wrong with that statement? and when I say "you" I mean all of you.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

I could mock you right now or make fun of the sentence's grammar or any of those stupid things i'm known for. But instead i'm gonna leave it up to your neurons. What do YOU think is wrong with that statement? and when I say "you" I mean all of you.

Nothing, to be honest. Other than the fact that you can't suffer consequences from making good choices. I'm afraid you'll have to spell it out for me :x

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Nothing, to be honest. Other than the fact that you can't suffer consequences from making good choices. I'm afraid you'll have to spell it out for me :x
...Nope. You can make good choices and still get screwed up. Let me put it this way, an old lady decides to help a kid by giving him some food and shelter. The kid in return stole one of her antiques. See where i'm getting at now?

Last edited:

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
...Nope. You can make good choices and still get screwed up. Let me put it this way, an old lady decides to help kid by giving him some food and shelter. The kid in return stole one of her antiques. See where i'm getting at now?

No you can't actually. If you make a choice that brings undesirable results then it's not a good choice, it's a bad one. She may have thought she was making the right choice but she wasn't.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
She may have thought she was making the right choice but she wasn't.
Whether the choice was good or not; it still was a good deed. A good deed that got returned with a bad one. I can't tell you how much that screws up the whole "karma" concept.
So from your point of view is safe to say that we humans never make the right choices; as we are always bumping into troubles and hardships through our lives. Whether you are the son of a billionaire or the kid that lives beneath the bridge.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Whether the choice was good or not; it still was a good deed. A good deed that got returned with a bad one. I can't tell you how much that screws up the whole "karma" concept.
So from your point of view is safe to say that we humans never make the right choices; as we are always bumping into troubles and hardships through our lives. Whether you are the son of a billionaire or the kid that lives beneath the bridge.

I thought we were talking about choices, deeds are a different subject.

And I never said bad choices were all we could make, if we never made the right choices then obviously the whole world would be a different place. You wouldn't even have billionaires in the first place.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
I thought we were talking about choices, deeds are a different subject.
A choice is always about making a deed or not making it. So it's pretty much the same thing.

And I never said bad choices were all we could make, if we never made the right choices then obviously the whole world would be a different place. You wouldn't even have billionaires in the first place.
Really? It can get worse that what it's turning into? Who knew? So you are saying that a billionaire is the example of a person who made the right choices/deeds at the right time?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
A choice is always about making a deed or not making it. So it's pretty much the same thing.

Not always. You can choose to do something and your choice will influence certain things but the base of all choices is not about making a deed.

Really? It can get worse that what it's turning into? Who knew? So you are saying that a billionaire is the example of a person who made the right choices/deeds at the right time?

Is there any way to become a billionaire from making bad choices?

EDIT: Nevermind I just thought about stealing. Although that's a different type of choice than what we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back