• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

do you honestly believe in that?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Is Carmax real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Are you one of those people that believe there is a force that balances the universe? Some people call it "karma" or they say "what goes around, comes around", "uno cosecha lo que siembra" and so forth.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i wouldnt say i beleive its real more like hope it is >:D

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
No, and I've seen nothing to indicate it is. While I don't believe in the mystical karma thing, it makes sense that negative or stupid actions will favour in mostly unsavoury results.

E

Eyesore

I don't believe in it.
Karma is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
If there was such a powerful force as karma. Humans wouldn't have the need to punish others for their deeds with "prison". If you kill somebody, the aftermath for you should be the same. Putting you in prison or getting you into the electric chair won't solve the problem. If you caused pain, you should be driven to suffer the same pain.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
If there was such a powerful force as karma. Humans wouldn't have the need to punish others for their deeds with "prison". If you kill somebody, the aftermath for you should be the same. Putting you in prison or getting you into the electric chair won't solve the problem. If you caused pain, you should be driven to suffer the same pain.
Pain and suffering doesn't necessarily promise a better future, it only promises suffering for more people. Learning from mistakes and aiming to be a better person is better than justice.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Pain and suffering doesn't necessarily promise a better future, it only promises suffering for more people. Learning from mistakes and aiming to be a better person is better than justice.
Yeah, but how do each people "learn" to be a better person? through life-changing experiences that 95% of the time include suffering and pain. So you are basically saying that if some guy raped a guy's daughter, everything would be ok if he decided to change and be a better person? What about the trauma he caused to the girl? What would the father do? Life is more than "admitting you were wrong" or "trying to be a better person". There are some mistakes that can't go unnoticed. Now all i'm saying is that i don't believe in human justice.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Yeah, but how do each people "learn" to be a better person? through life-changing experiences that 95% of the time include suffering and pain.
Pain may have a higher success rate, but that still doesn't make it any better of an option than regular therapy or whatnot; pain is pain.
So you are basically saying that if some guy raped a guy's daughter, everything would be ok if he decided to change and be a better person? What about the trauma he caused to the girl? What would the father do? Life is more than "admitting you were wrong" or "trying to be a better person". There are some mistakes that can't go unnoticed. Now all i'm saying is that i don't believe in human justice.
Having said person suffer isn't going to change how he traumatized the daughter. The past is dead and gone, all you can do is look towards a better future.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Having said person suffer isn't going to change how he traumatized the daughter
That's exactly where i'm trying to get. If nothing is gonna change the trauma. Then where does all the sadness, and hate of her family towards that man goes? I like to think it'll eventually become the energy that causes the man to learn the lesson through whatever method. But anyway, you haven't answered the question. Do you or do you not believe in carwax?
carmex is a type of chapstick, laz-chan...oh man, you jokester
Me cogio el chiste, and here i was thinking the pun would go unnoticed.

Nayru's Love

Awards

That's exactly where i'm trying to get. If nothing is gonna change the trauma. Then where does all the sadness, and hate of her family towards that man goes? I like to think it'll eventually become the energy that causes the man to learn the lesson through whatever method.

I can't speak from experience, but I think it'd be pretty cruel to wish ill upon someone who has alreadly learned their lesson.
But anyway, you haven't answered the question. Do you or do you not believe in carwax?
In a weird way, yes. If you do something good, something good will happen to either you or someone else (like donating money). If you do something bad, something bad will happen to either you or someone else (like pirating music). It's a theory that has some flaws, but I like to think society works in unison.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
In a weird way, yes. If you do something good, something good will happen to either you or someone else (like donating money). If you do something bad, something bad will happen to either you or someone else (like pirating music). It's a theory that has some flaws, but I like to think society works in unison.
See? This is what I wanna hear. Now if you have the keys..shut up and vote, vote, vote...please?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I think that it varies. Some people who are mean and cruel eventually get there just desserts, but others just don't. To that end, karma doesn't truly exist.

Though I believe that if you piss enough people off, eventually it'll come back to haunt you. (kinda obvious I think)

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I believe in karma, not so much as it being some mystical force that makes sure you get dealt back an equal amount of bad energy that you unleashed upon the world, but as something in the basics of human interaction.

If you get treated poorly, chances are, you'll treat someone else poorly in your frustration. That person would then go on to treat another person without respect and so on and so forth, until it eventually reaches back to you. It's not magic, it's just basic emotions.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Laz: don't be an attention whore.

As for the topic at hand, personally, believing in Karma or whatever you may call it seems to me as a way of false reassurance. Sure it gives some hope, but I'm a realist, so when I'm wronged by someone I conclude possible outcomes for their future depending on how they decide to ride through life.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
If you get treated poorly, chances are, you'll treat someone else poorly in your frustration. That person would then go on to treat another person without respect and so on and so forth, until it eventually reaches back to you. It's not magic, it's just basic emotions.
So you are basically just implying some chain of bad emtions that goes on? This is not entirely true, what about the person that decides too put the other cheek when slapped? Metaphorically speaking and not implying any kind of masochism in said person.

Laz, don't be an attention whore
I'm sorry, i can't help it. It's a curse; will you be my pimp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back