• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did anyone else love Ven?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Actually this is completely untrue......His maximum health and HP boosts are the exact same as Terra and Aqua, he literally goes EXACTLY the same amount of distance as Aqua and Terra with Dodge Roll as they do with cartwheel and and dash. He also takes an extremely similar amount of damage to Terra and Aqua......

I've found it to be different. I completed the game with Terra, not much side stuff done, lotsa hp. Same with Aqua. Ven has less.
I feel that slide dash and cartwheel goes further than dodge roll does but that may be because I haven't played a game with DR in a long time.
I've also found myself healing a lot more for ven because his health goes low than what I did with Aqua and Terra.

Sorry, but thats how it's been for me

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I really like Ven, as "love" is a bit strong a word for a fictional character anyways, but yeah, I'm quite fond of him, especially the scenes combined with his character theme.
As I'm also fond of light and "angel" references I clearly enjoyed slashing through groups of enemys with wingblade and using his
exclusive commands.
Beside that, I personally felt his story to be the most sad one, I mean, i felt a little stab in my heart when Vanitas said after his explanation of
the Unversed:
"You never stood a chance, Ventus..."
...so no matter what he tried it was futile to begin with, MX and Vanitas really did their homework.

Furthermore, as I am also a type who likes cuteness Ven was a major win for me...however he still can't top four-year old Sora,Riku and Kairi or Stitch.

character-wise, @Sign and @Taocha, yesterday, after reading your posts I was bothered I really got down to compare Ven and Sora closer to actually find different nuances in their
personalities, as they might be similar but two persons never have a exact same personality.

What I found out about differences between Ven/Sora was:

- Ven's cuteness factor and innocence level seems to be a tad higher than Sora's.
- Ven seems to be more susceptible to being emotionally hurt.
- Ven doesn't get pissed that easily or snaps (Sora in CoM and KH II anyone?).
- Ven tends to be a tad over-friendly towards anyone.

Granted, these are from my personal observation, but I think if you look close enough you'll find differences...the same also applies for Terra and
Riku, whose personalities are also similar...

@Another Key:
Yes, their HP-Boosts may be the same, but not their max. HP, cuz they have different starting HP.
It is fact that Terra has the most HP and Ven the lowest, Aqua is somewhere between them.

@KeyOfDestiny1313:
Completely agree with all you said. ;)

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Ven was a good character, and to those of you who say Ventus is another Sora, it's supposed to be the other way around. Ven influenced Sora in many ways, so why should it suprise any of you that Ven acts like Sora? Because of Ven, we have the Sora we all know. Now all that's left to wonder about is what Sora would've been like without Ven and Ven's original personality before the VAT trio...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Now all that's left to wonder about is what Sora would've been like without Ven and Ven's original personality before the VAT trio...
I think they would be still very similar in aspects of helping others and making friends.
Sora was just born and without being asked to decided to offer the injured Ven help...and in Ven's true ending Sora once again showed he was a kind one to begin with.
Due to some hints in the Xehanort Reports, some flashbacks and also some remarks MX made we can deduce that Ven also had a very benign and kind personality to begin with.
Heck, Xehanort even said Ven was too goodhearted for his own good.
Example being that scene with the Neoshadows, it's not that Ven didn't know about his own darkness, he simply refused to use it...

Radar

Bronze Member
I still think Ven has the most tradgic ending of the three. I mean aqua's is sad too but at least she is awake and can walk around. Also, what would have happened if aqua simply let terranort fall into the darkness at the end..

that's something to think about, maybe somewhere else though..

Grey

I played Ven's story first and was a little annoyed at how there was a lack of a clear basis to the story. It isn't really established in Ven's story the basis for the entire story--just 'Terra's leaving, go be impulsive.' I didn't like that, but I enjoyed it more when I replayed each scenario, starting with Terra's.

So that was one bad, that Ven's story seems aimless and superficial without being properly introduced to the story's driving forces.

I'm glad he wasn't just a Roxas clone, but I didn't like that he was a more childish Sora (or, in a sadder sense, Sora is a more mature Ven...). I wish he had been a little more mature, because a little more maturity still would have allowed for innocence. But, his innocence at least made sense due to the nature of his heart.

All in all, I liked Ven, but I didn't find him to be quite as fun as Aqua and Terra. Ven's behavior just annoyed me too much. Roxas I adored (and still adore) because he acted his age--a teenager who is angsty, yet still mature. Ven's innocence paved the way for him to be very naive, unfortunately.

(Which then makes Roxas seem out-of-place if he has Ven's heart. At this point, I hope he doesn't.)

Last edited:

Sinker

Awards
(Which then makes Roxas seem out-of-place if he has Ven's heart. At this point, I hope he doesn't.)
I believe that Roxas has Ven's heart, because well Roxas looks pretty much exactly like Ven (except for maybe a insignificantly small details) and the fact that Roxas can feel emotions, or he just seems to, but that is just what I think. That was off topic and I feel that, that is a conversation for the spoilers section anyway, so back on topic, I will probably always dislike him because of how poorly I feel that his story was developed and it didn't seem like it had much relevance to the actual story, and he acted like he was 11, (and he is what, like 15 years old?). So I feel that they could have done better in developing Ven's character and story.
(Sorry that my first sentence is off topic. I don't know why, but I like to argue about things sometimes.)

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
This sums it up in a blunt yet successful way. I second that

EDIT: I think it's ironic how i keep bashing on ven while I have his picture on my sig lol.

It's a love/hate relationship for you.

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN. :3

Problem solved.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
i liked him. he was the first character i played as first but... after awhile he got kinda annoying (hes so naive!)

Grey

I believe that Roxas has Ven's heart, because well Roxas looks pretty much exactly like Ven (except for maybe a insignificantly small details) and the fact that Roxas can feel emotions, or he just seems to, but that is just what I think.

I used to only believe that, and it's very possible, but I think it's also possible that Ven's heart is currently inside of him, but because of the unique connection between Sora's and Ven's hearts, when Sora created a Nobody it resembled Ven instead of himself. Roxas, being the nobody of a Keyblade wielder, could then wield his somebody's Keyblade even though he didn't have a heart inside of him. That could also cause him to feel emotions due to this connection. Then, when Xion and Roxas combined, Xion opened up the pathway to Ven's Heart, thus giving Roxas the usage of Ven's Keyblade in addition to Sora's. While I think the explanation of Sora having Ven's Heart inside of him and just passing it to Roxas, the above explanation covers why Ven's Heart stayed with Sora's body. It would allow for Ven to have his own memories back when he finally awakens, but I suppose he could just recover his old memories along with Roxas's.

As I typed that, I liked that explanation less. I think it's possible but I prefer the explanation you typed first, probably because it makes more sense.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
@Grey:

So are you basically saying that Ven's heart stayed with Sora's?
That's impossible, Sora's heart was consumed by it's own darkness and turned into a heartless, Ven's injured heart wouldn't be able to endure that darkness, and Ven's heart going back to it's original body isn't possible either because of it's heavily injured state from destroying the x-blade.

And what would Ven want with Roxas's memories?
Roxas's memories are in Sora's heart, not in Ven's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back