• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

did anybody else... hate Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
why don't you reread that comment a little more carefullly.

i say terra's acting was close to the japanese, but the vice was different, unlike aqua. aqua's more opposite

Difference with Terra is that he was close to the original version, only with different voice, unlike aqua.

-rereads your quote- Hm. My reply still stands. You say Terra was close to the Japanese. And you also say Aqua's was far apart of the Japanese acting. And in my statement I was disagreeing and saying that Aqua's voice in English and Japanese are definitely closer in sound considering the pitch differences in both languages. Any "closer" to the Japanese range and you'd have had a young girly voice.

BeastieBlade

I think Willa's voice for Aqua was good. I just felt it was a little emotionless at times.

Last edited:
R

Rooster Cogburn

my opinion on VA's

Terra: Excellent
Eraqus: Excelent
Ven: ok
Aqua: needs to be shot
Master Xehanort: he did a good job but i personally did not like the voice

Lol, Ven was the best out of the trio.

Really? Terra had a terrible VA. It was like watching Twilight all over again. Little to no emotions. At least Aqua's VA tried.

Yeah, pretty much this. Other than the Keyblade Graveyard and Blank Points Terra was emotionless

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Out of 'em all, Haley Joel Osment (Vanitas) was the best as far as voices are concerned IMO, with Mark Hamill (Master Eraqus) and Leonard Nimoy (Master Xehanort) right behind him.

That being said, I personally have to agree with Ulti and Rooster Cogburn. But that's just me. xD I will give Jason Dohring credit for that epic scream at the end of his scenario though. ^_^

R

Rooster Cogburn

not at all but lol ok

that actually goes better with Aqua

I'm not sure what game you were playing, but ok. His exchange with all the Disney characters were so awkward and bland. But if you think he was good that's cool.

I will give Jason Dohring credit for that epic scream at the end of his scenario though. ^_^

Yeah, his scream was great.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I'm not sure what game you were playing, but ok. His exchange with all the Disney characters were so awkward and bland. But if you think he was good that's cool.

I was playing BBS, what game were YOU playing? His voice isn't like that at all, at least not as much as you claim there is.

But if you like to point out flaws more than recognizing something good thats cool

R

Rooster Cogburn

I was playing BBS, what game were YOU playing? His voice isn't like that at all, at least not as much as you claim there is.

But if you like to point out flaws more than recognizing something good thats cool

I suggest you re-read my previous posts. I mentioned Terra's flaws, but I also recognized his good points too.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
isn't this supposed to be about aqua

Well, it still kinda is, but now it's turned into another argument about who sounded more flat and emotionless...

Let's just agree to disagree.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I did hate when Aqua said "My name is Master Aqua..." though - Soooooooooooooo much better in japanese
exept for that part (and DI) she was great, Ven was also great. Terra could have been a bit better but he wasn't that bad - a bit ennoying in the beggining

R

Rooster Cogburn

No they weren't >_>

You have yet to explain how they were "emotionless" and comparing them to Twilight is reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally stretching it.

I didn't agree it was like Twilight. I agreed it was shitty and emotionless, and since you obviously think Dohring did well, you wouldn't even agree me if I told you why I thought it sounded emotionless.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Sounds good to me.

I did hate when Aqua said "My name is Master Aqua..." though - Soooooooooooooo much better in japanese

Yeah, that was pretty terrible.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

^this, 100x this if anyone had bland & akward exchanges with disney characters it was Aqua.

also for those of you who say Aqua's voice was a perfesct fit, you gotta stop kidding yourself, bitch sounds like shes 30, Aqua is anywhere from 17 to 19 years old and the senior chicks at my high school (for the most part) voices arnt as deep as willa's deep!

fun fact Willa Holland is 19 years old!

Last edited:

State

Awards
On the contrary, I feel for her. She's the most that had to go through. Suffer the loss of the one that raised her, suffer the loss of her home, leave one of her friends behind and see her other friend lose his identity. I thought before that she would be the least important of the three, but, look at her. xD

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
^this, 100x this if anyone had bland & akward exchanges with disney characters it was Aqua.

I disagree personally, but that's not important.

also for those of you who say Aqua's voice was a perfesct fit, you gotta stop kidding yourself, bitch sounds like shes 30, Aqua is anywhere from 17 to 19 years old and the senior chicks at my high school (for the most part) voices arnt as deep as willa's deep!

fun fact Willa Holland is 19 years old!

First off, only bitch in KH is Larxene. =/ Xion's just the KH version of Bella, and Kairi is the KH version of a Disney Princess. Namine's probably the most anime-personality inspired of the gals. xD

And as for Aqua's voice, the deepness DOES fit Aqua as a character. She's mature and seems to have been trained since childhood (late childhood more than likely), and her personality works well with a deeper voice. The only issue with the deepness is that Willa Holland, most likely due to her lack of experience with voice acting, had a mediocre performance. That being said, despite what a lot of detractors say, there were indeed good moments Willa provided ("He's not as weak as you think..." in LoD and "You freak!" in Neverland were both EPIC, for example) The potential IS there, Willa only needs to improve.

And yeah, I know she's 19; only two years older than me... P: Yummeh. <3

willa-holland-wallpaper.jpg

αsiя

space coke
The voice fits Aqua. Too bad she sounds like the most boringest person to be with.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
First off, only bitch in KH is Larxene. =/ Xion's just the KH version of Bella, and Kairi is the KH version of a Disney Princess. Namine's probably the most anime-personality inspired of the gals. xD

And as for Aqua's voice, the deepness DOES fit Aqua as a character. She's mature and seems to have been trained since childhood (late childhood more than likely), and her personality works well with a deeper voice. The only issue with the deepness is that Willa Holland, most likely due to her lack of experience with voice acting, had a mediocre performance. That being said, despite what a lot of detractors say, there were indeed good moments Willa provided ("He's not as weak as you think..." in LoD and "You freak!" in Neverland were both EPIC, for example) The potential IS there, Willa only needs to improve.

And yeah, I know she's 19; only two years older than me... P: Yummeh. <3

willa-holland-wallpaper.jpg

I don't understand why you guys love Aqua so much, you all say she isnt a mary sue but shes just as straight laced as the other chicks in KH(if not more), not ounce does she go against what her master says, & wont even think about going against the light & she never slips or makes a mistake :/

αsiя;5302852 said:
The voice fits Aqua. Too bad she sounds like the most boringest person to be with.

lol your comment made me think of how Aqua might sound sound in bed XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back