• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

did anybody else... hate Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I don't understand why you guys love Aqua so much, you all say she isnt a mary sue but shes just as straight laced as the other chicks in KH(if not more), not ounce does she go against what her master says, & wont even think about going against the light & she never slips or makes a mistake :/

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT DOESN'T MAKE HER A SUE!!!!*facepalm* She's a freaking teacher's pet! That's a personality flaw and it conflicts with her friendship between Terra and Ven. Dx

She slips up and makes the biggest mistake in the history of KH; she let Terranort get of the RoD and took his place instead! Because of a selflessly-intended action, Aqua made the biggest mistake that destined many worlds to ruin!

Dude, face it, Aqua isn't a Mary Sue at all. =/

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT DOESN'T MAKE HER A SUE!!!!*facepalm* She's a freaking teacher's pet! That's a personality flaw and it conflicts with her friendship between Terra and Ven. Dx

She slips up and makes the biggest mistake in the history of KH; she let Terranort get of the RoD and took his place instead! Because of a selflessly-intended action, Aqua made the biggest mistake that destined many worlds to ruin!

Dude, face it, Aqua isn't a Mary Sue at all. =/

sense when was beeing a teachers pet a character flaw, thats exactly what made her flat & uninteresting. & releasing Terrahnort (imo) was also very sue-ish

edit: releasing terrahnort semed more stupid & air headed imo it was the las straw that made me make this thread in the 1st place!

also i find it interesting that your offline/online light is NEVER on is their a way to dissable it?

Sempied

sense when was beeing a teachers pet a character flaw, thats exactly what made her flat & uninteresting. & releasing Terrahnort (imo) was also very sue-ish

edit: releasing terrahnort semed more stupid & air headed imo it was the las straw that made me make this thread in the 1st place!

also i find it interesting that your offline/online light is NEVER on is their a way to dissable it?
Why? Have you even played the full game to base your points on these ballsy complaints?

Aqua is loyal, and just. She was told to go bring Ven back home, and supervise Terra. It was her responsibility as a keyblade master to do such. She was fulfilling her duty, and staying true to her character simple as that.

And how was she supposed to know that she'd unleash the demon? She thought she had saved Terra, and that her armor/Rainfell would provide guidance, not cause another course of letting the sh!t hit the fan for the future.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com

When has being a teacher's pet been seen as something POSITIVE by anyone other than the teacher's pet?

If it was stupid and air-headed of her to do so, THOSE ARE FLAWS. True Sues lack flaws. You just screwed up your own point.

Theart

Awards

If that's the case, then I get the feeling you REALLY don't know what the heck a Mary Sue is. =/ Aqua's got negative qualities about her. It doesn't make her perfect in the slightest.
Mary Sue - Television Tropes & Idioms

I'm Batman. I can just totally do that, ya know. ;)

R

Rooster Cogburn

You don't know what a Mary Sue is do you?

Theart

Awards
Why? Have you even played the full game to base your points on these ballsy complaints?

Highly doubt it; he's already admitted to not finishing Days and already claiming that Xion's a better character. =/

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
If that's the case, then I get the feeling you REALLY don't know what the heck a Mary Sue is. =/ Aqua's got negative qualities about her. It doesn't make her perfect in the slightest.

Agreed. She has faults:

- She's a teacher's pet, especially after gaining the title of Master, and sometimes puts that BEFORE her OWN FRIENDS. The fact that she's changed in a negative way is even something HER OWN FRIEND remarked on. Considering how huge a deal friendship is in the series, that's a BIG ass flaw for a main character, because it goes against one of the main elements of the games.

- Her saving Terra at the end, thus dooming herself, while selfless, was also not a completely thought out plan, considering the whole Terra/Xehanort thing that Aqua even knew about. It's because of her that Xehanort the apprentice came about screwed up everyone's lives in KH1 and forward. Granted, this could be seen as a situational flaw, and thus not a flaw against her own character. However, it was a situation she had control over, which DOES go against her character.

- She can be rather blinded, whether it's blinded because of her duties and/or title, or blinded by her love for her friends. This can cause her to fail to see the bad in one thing, but focus on the bad of the other instead of looking at both sides in a fair manner.

It's hard to shove a ton of flaws into all three characters, considering how short each scenario was. But these were three of the main flaws of Aqua's character that we saw.

Highly doubt it; he's already admitted to not finishing Days and already claiming that Xion's a better character. =/

This is especially damning considering he also didn't see the majority of Xion's actual character, and thus cannot make a full and fair judgment of the two, since he only has partial information.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Someone explain to my how BBS is long enough to say Aqua is a teacher's pet? Her only instruction was to keep Terra safe and bring Ven home. Then Terra is a teacher's pet too since finding MX is what his master said to do. Following orders does not make a character a "teacher's pet".

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Someone explain to my how BBS is long enough to say Aqua is a teacher's pet? Her only instruction was to keep Terra safe and bring Ven home. Then Terra is a teacher's pet too since finding MX is what his master said to do. Following orders does not make a character a "teacher's pet".

She followed orders at the risk of their friendship, though. Not to mention she basically "spied" on Terra because of those orders. At that point, it's a choice of which is more important; orders or friendship? In a game series where friendship is one of the key concepts, the latter would have been the right choice here. By following orders, their friendship became strained, as if Ven and Terra were students a school, and Aqua is the uptight hall monitor.
Granted, "teacher's pet" might be too strong a word for it. I can't think of a better term, though.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
She followed orders at the risk of their friendship, though. Not to mention she basically "spied" on Terra because of those orders. At that point, it's a choice of which is more important; orders or friendship? In a game series where friendship is one of the key concepts, the latter would have been the right choice here. By following orders, their friendship became strained, as if Ven and Terra were students a school, and Aqua is the uptight hall monitor.
Granted, "teacher's pet" might be too strong a word for it. I can't think of a better term, though.

...at the risk of friendship? That's kinda dumb to assume. Her orders were to watch over Terra and to bring Ven home. Let's face it. Terra was terrible at not doing dark things. So being a guardian isn't very insulting. Terra just got pissed over nothing. And Ven overreacts too. He wasn't allowed to leave in the first place and was placing himself in danger constantly. In Aqua's eyes, Ven was still a naive child. She did not want to see him get killed. She doesn't even force him. She lets him make the decision, but never once forces Ven to return with her.

How is it spying when she does not hide from Terra? Its not like she was purposely avoiding Terra's detection. They were both looking for MX. Aqua was just watching out for Terra since he obviously was showing the signs of leaning to the darkness. She was always looking out for her friends. How is letting Terra do whatever he wants and letting Ven risk his life considering friendship? Aqua's intentions were always about them. She was a better friend to them than they were to her.

Sempied

...at the risk of friendship? That's kinda dumb to assume. Her orders were to watch over Terra and to bring Ven home. Let's face it. Terra was terrible at not doing dark things. So being a guardian isn't very insulting. Terra just got pissed over nothing. And Ven overreacts too. He wasn't allowed to leave in the first place and was placing himself in danger constantly. In Aqua's eyes, Ven was still a naive child. She did not want to see him get killed. She doesn't even force him. She lets him make the decision, but never once forces Ven to return with her.

How is it spying when she does not hide from Terra? Its not like she was purposely avoiding Terra's detection. They were both looking for MX. Aqua was just watching out for Terra since he obviously was showing the signs of leaning to the darkness. She was always looking out for her friends. How is letting Terra do whatever he wants and letting Ven risk his life considering friendship? Aqua's intentions were always about them. She was a better friend to them than they were to her.
Remember in Radiant Garden after the armor fight how Ven notes: "Your horrible Aqua..." He was noting just how focused she was on her work than her literal protection of her friend using the darkness.

If you had been training for at the least of 4 years (going by Ventus style here), only to use the very thing you had been trying to keep in check for so long, and even when trying to hold it back, are told that "You have failed" would be a very sad, and dissapointing aspect to have yourself look at. The only reason Terra got into any "danger" was is gullible nature to MX.

Except Aqua didn't know why Eraqus wanted Ven back. She just simply went on it, while her aspects on Terra go with "He's not as weak as you think." She was more focused on duty rather than her friends.

Except she didn't try to look for MX at all. She found the MX scenario suspicious from Terra's darkness, and was told to find him by Eraqus, and retrieve Ven. How was Aqua supposed to know the full details of what would fall on Terra's plate?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
BBS fails to show us how Aqua was focused on her work. It seriously just was "YOU SPYIN ON ME??" and Ven jumps on board with Terra. Ven is pretty pissy in that fact. He really just follows Terra like a very stupid puppy and leaves Aqua behind. Same goes for Terra. Both of them just drop Aqua and turn on her. What the hell is wrong for following Eraqus's orders? They are all supposed to do that. None of them at the time mistrusted Eraqus nor had a reason to. If anything, both of them should be mad at Eraqus, not Aqua.

Aqua had no reason to fuck Eraqus. They all were under his teachings for many years. Why should she be expected to ignore her own master?

Sempied

BBS fails to show us how Aqua was focused on her work. It seriously just was "YOU SPYIN ON ME??" and Ven jumps on board with Terra. Ven is pretty pissy in that fact. He really just follows Terra like a very stupid puppy and leaves Aqua behind. Same goes for Terra. Both of them just drop Aqua and turn on her. What the hell is wrong for following Eraqus's orders? They are all supposed to do that. None of them at the time mistrusted Eraqus nor had a reason to. If anything, both of them should be mad at Eraqus, not Aqua.

Aqua had no reason to fcuk Eraqus. They all were under his teachings for many years. Why should she be expected to ignore her own master?
Did you read all of my post? I suggest you do.

After Terra has gone through those worlds, and didn't exactly leave a hunky dory leaving, and with what we later see of Aqua's inclusion, usually after Terra left would let her see what was currently going on with Terra, and his action in the worlds. Terra was the one who said it because of how would he know that Aqua went to Enchanted Dominion - not being able to not believe Maleficents, and the Queens propaganda from Dwarf Woodlands?

Aqua is accusing one of the 2 only friends Ven has ever had in his life of a very heinous offense that they stand in the very opposite of. How would you react if one of your best friends you've known your entire life was accused of a crime? I wonder if you really even bothered in the aspect of really why he does follow Terra. He was told that his best friend was going to leave him in the dust, and change into something anew forever.

"None"? Terra's whole story past Radiant Garden disproves that aspect, and even when Aqua says on Terra's past motifs "Thats not what the Master told you to do." Eraqus was blinded by the light, and basically told her to be cautious of Terra, and get back Ven, did you expect her to be like a drone, and say "Yes my master I understand", without having any train of thought?

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Hostility isn't a pleasant way to have an innocent discussion.

Why would Aqua have any inkling to think her master was wrong? She was practically raised by his hand. Eraqus was just as dear to her as the others were. Aqua has every right to accuse Terra of that because it was happening. Eraqus wanted to keep an eye on him in case he did fall. Aqua was sent to watch over him. Is that really terrible that Eraqus was worried about Terra? It isn't like Aqua is hampering Terra in any way. She is just looking out for him. He needed it.

Ven is an asshole in that accusing too. Does he even bother to wonder why Aqua is worried? Hell no. He belives Terra and only Terra is right and Aqua is a stupid bitch. Terra and Ven are horrible towards Aqua. She just wants to keep everyone safe and they attack her as if she is hurting them.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
...why is it that it's so rare to find anyone who can appreciate the full complexity of the relationships between characters in this series? Terra, Aqua, and Ven are all good people who love each other unconditionally, who just happen to hurt each other immensely because they simply don't understand what's really going on with the others.

From Aqua's perspective, it's completely reasonable for her to try to watch over her friends and make sure that they don't get hurt. From Terra and Ven's perspective, the lack of trust hurts tremendously and they react accordingly, lashing out not because they want to hurt Aqua but because they're in pain themselves. No one's really wrong, and no one's really right - they're all just human.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Hostility isn't a pleasant way to have an innocent discussion.

Why would Aqua have any inkling to think her master was wrong? She was practically raised by his hand. Eraqus was just as dear to her as the others were. Aqua has every right to accuse Terra of that because it was happening. Eraqus wanted to keep an eye on him in case he did fall. Aqua was sent to watch over him. Is that really terrible that Eraqus was worried about Terra? It isn't like Aqua is hampering Terra in any way. She is just looking out for him. He needed it.

Ven is an asshole in that accusing too. Does he even bother to wonder why Aqua is worried? Hell no. He belives Terra and only Terra is right and Aqua is a stupid bitch. Terra and Ven are horrible towards Aqua. She just wants to keep everyone safe and they attack her as if she is hurting them.

I don't think it's what they did; you're right, Eraqus and Aqua were only worried, and they had reason to be. It's how they went about it.

First, Eraqus tells Aqua these orders behind Terra's back. Terra wasn't aware he was even doing anything THAT wrong, so finding this bit of information would have been a huge blow, especially coming from the mouth of one of his best friends.
Secondly, his first meeting with both of his best friends (save for that short conversation with Aqua 3 worlds ago) was to find out one of his best friends had been ordered to spy on him by his practically father figure, and she was perfectly okay in doing so. True, she had good intentions. But hearing that she spied at all would have been tough to take; I'd be pissed, too, especially as, like I said, he didn't know he was even doing anything wrong.
And lastly, Aqua all but denied that she truly was spying on him. When Terra came up with the accusation, she didn't try to deny it, she tried to justify it. It's pretty much the equivalent of, "Yeah, I was spying on you, but this is why". That wouldn't have sounded very good, either, finding out his best friend was spying on him.

As for Ventus, I do agree that he overreacted. At the same time, I can also see and understand why he would. His brother/father figure is being accused of some pretty awful stuff by his own sister/mother figure. He's trusted them both so much and never had any reason to distrust them. All of this coming to light out of the blue must have been pretty hard for him to take in, especially at that age. And since Aqua was the accuser, with Terra being the accused, Terra looks more like the victim here, while Aqua looks like she stabbed them in the back. Add that to him being closer to Terra than Aqua, and it's pretty obvious why he would act that way. Yes, we may disagree, but we're also third parties and can understand the situation a lot better than all three of them, because we can see everything in a much larger perspective while they can't. We can't expect them to understand the situations like we do, because they aren't presented with what we're presented with; they don't have that information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back