• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry (Where we wait for DMC5)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: Devil May Cry (Vergil returns in DMC4SE, oh and DmC DE)

I do hope he returns to normal again or maybe something else. Who knows, I do hope we can find out more.
I imagine he could turn back normal if he managed to stay in the human realm when Dante sealed Mundus.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I imagine he could turn back normal if he managed to stay in the human realm when Dante sealed Mundus.

Wasn't he cursed though since he lost a "fight" from Hell? If that were the case, wouldn't he still be human while encountering Dante in DMC1?

Gram

Banned
Awards

Wasn't he cursed though since he lost a "fight" from Hell? If that were the case, wouldn't he still be human while encountering Dante in DMC1?
I wouldn't know. First time I've heard of anything tbh.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Going to be honest. I have only played 2 & 3. I've watched some what of 1 & 4.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Going to be honest. I have only played 2 & 3. I've watched some what of 1 & 4.

Ahhh I see. Well as far as I remember in 1, after the last fight, he pretty much just teleports away (or mundus sends him off, can't remember which).
In 4 he's not even seen. All that we has is a broken yamato the Order somehow got a hold of. In 1 Vergil never used yamato so there's no telling when they gained it. Dante mentions he has a brother but doesn't give a name and of course there's the unexplained Nero and his blood ties to Sparda.
And naturally we just see him rushing off to fight Mundus at the end of 3.

Unless there's interviews or other official sources I've not seen (if anyone knows more please state it) Vergil is pretty much rather vague after his ending bit in 3.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Ahhh I see. Well as far as I remember in 1, after the last fight, he pretty much just teleports away (or mundus sends him off, can't remember which).
In 4 he's not even seen. All that we has is a broken yamato the Order somehow got a hold of. In 1 Vergil never used yamato so there's no telling when they gained it. Dante mentions he has a brother but doesn't give a name and of course there's the unexplained Nero and his blood ties to Sparda.
And naturally we just see him rushing off to fight Mundus at the end of 3.

Unless there's interviews or other official sources I've not seen (if anyone knows more please state it) Vergil is pretty much rather vague after his ending bit in 3.

I do remember reading though that Nero is Vergil's son though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I do remember reading though that Nero is Vergil's son though.

That is only a popular theory (and the only one that makes sense). It was kind of hinted at in the DMC4 novel but nobody takes those novels seriously...He wouldn't be able to wield Yamato if he didn't have Sparda's blood, though. Being Vergil's son makes sense, but at the same time it is hard to imagine Vergil having any relations with a human in order to have sired a child to begin with.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

That is only a popular theory (and the only one that makes sense). It was kind of hinted at in the DMC4 novel but nobody takes those novels seriously...He wouldn't be able to wield Yamato if he didn't have Sparda's blood, though. Being Vergil's son makes sense, but at the same time it is hard to imagine Vergil having any relations with a human in order to have sired a child to begin with.

Hey, he was a teen once. He probably had... urges.

Gram

Banned
Awards

It is hard to imagine Vergil getting close to a human though. But that alone doesn't rule it out to me. Kinda hard to tell really since by the time he's introduced he's already matured into the powercrazed self of DMC3.
Though I think his desire for power stems from actually caring at one point. He remarks to Dante in 3 that you can't protect anything if your not strong. The last thing neither could protect was their mother.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Devils never cry, remember that one?

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Why does anyone think Vergil had to get close to someone? For all we know Nero's mom was a prostitute.

Alternatively, he DID get close to someone. And it led to his current personality.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I have been re-reading this again and again. And it feels like finding out that Santa Clause doesn't exist...:(

Anagram

Banned

tumblr_ngp943kQl51qkuwsro1_1280.png

This feels incredibly appropriate. haha

Kinda surprised this thread is buried with all the stuff of the DMC4SE around.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

If I remember correctly. From the DMC3SE, you were also allowed to play as Vergil but from his perspective, right?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

If I remember correctly. From the DMC3SE, you were also allowed to play as Vergil but from his perspective, right?

Well, you had the same mission as Dante, so there wasn`t any new story content for Vergil.
I wonder how they will do with this, since Lady, Trish and Vergil will be playable. I really hope that Vergil makes a return(the dmec 3 version). I thought DmC was a good game, but not a good DMC game, but enough about that.

Here is trailer, showing gameplay with Vergil, Trish and Lady and etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5lw3CFaEEw
Oh man, the trailer gave me chills. Looking good.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

DMC4 will be digital only in the west. LOL Capcom.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

So I really fuck with DMC. Story isn't half bad and the gameplay is pretty stellar. Is the hate for it just from people who loved the older games and didn't want change, or is it truly that bad compared to the other games? Cause I've a friend who swears it's the second best of the series (behind 3 or 4, can't remember which).

Anagram

Banned

Depends on the fan. I personally just really hate the reboots characterization of Dante, Vergil and especially Mundus.
I also same the gameplay is way WAY easier than the old games. In the new ones combat is a breeze compared to harder modes of the original.

I'm sure hate is due to simply change but from what I've seen a good deal more is the way it was changed. I gave it a shot, beat it, played Verdils dlc, everything but I can't stand it no matter how much I tried for both gameplay reasons and character reasons.
I do understand a reboot is meant to change and refresh an old formula but at the same time it's supposed to emulate and retain a bit of what made the original popular. The reboot doesn't do that and even pokes fun at the old series. (not in a good way)

Another more minor gripe is the script. The language irks me endlessly. Not because cursing but because how much. There's a point when cursing to express something falls to poor writing skills/ideas.

Back