• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devil May Cry (Where we wait for DMC5)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Re: Devil May Cry

Mundus could have had him go on missions in the intervening time. It wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I think I'd rather have the Sparda game. I done had DmC ruin Vergil, I dont need the same drama twice. TnT

Noel

Awards

[video=youtube;DSQAHLPAsqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSQAHLPAsqk[/video]

60FPS
Old Control Scheme
Harder difficulties?
<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Noel

Awards

i'm still waiting for my nero dlc, once you exceed act, you never go back

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Can't wait for the DMC4 special edition. The new DMC is cool but I really miss the original Dante mythology. And it also felt like it was unfinished with the whole introduction of Nero.

Gram

Banned
Awards

[video=youtube;DSQAHLPAsqk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSQAHLPAsqk[/video]

60FPS
Old Control Scheme
Harder difficulties?
<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Can't wait for the DMC4 special edition. The new DMC is cool but I really miss the original Dante mythology. And it also felt like it was unfinished with the whole introduction of Nero.

^ This ^^^^^^^

The best part about that whole thing to me was original mythology returning. I missed it so. ;A;

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

^ This ^^^^^^^

The best part about that whole thing to me was original mythology returning. I missed it so. ;A;

I miss the old pizza eating Dante....:( Y'know what would be cool for that Special Edition? It'd be nice if they could add Chaos Legion and make it a Special Collection.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Devil May Cry (Vergil returns in DMC4SE, oh and DmC DE)

I'm so ready for DMC4 Special Edition. Vergil <3 Dan Southworth better be Vergil or there is no point in existence. I also hope this means there is still a small chance of having a DMC5. I need to know the truth behind Nero's hand...

And I guess DmC Definitive Edition. I'll need to play through the original for some practice...

Noel

Awards

Dan Southworth better be Vergil

Is it bad that I find him even more awesome since he was literally the person who played the Quantum Ranger in Power Rangers: Time Force? x3

I'm very excited to see that they brought back the old control scheme. DMC just felt a little loose since you couldn't really lock on to a single target.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Is this thing bundled together? I sort of hope and hope not in a weird way, if I hear good enough stuff about the tweaks and higher difficulties for DmC then maaaybe I'll want to get it, but I'm mostly interested in DMC4. I've never picked it up, but I hear some good shit about its combo system.

Does remind me to buy the HD collection. I played DMC1-3 back in high school, but the only one I ever finished was the first one.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

ah, good. I don't really dislike DmC the way some justifiably do, but I'm not really interested based on what I've seen, and played.

In some weird way I missed the date that showed up in the trailer because the whole time I was waiting for the switch to the DMC4 part that I just completely glossed over it. So imagine my face when it's just a few seconds lel

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I remember how bad ass it was watching that DMC4 trailer back in the day. The hype was so unreal...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Makes me think they're planning on doing a Devil May Cry 5 and a DmC 2.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

Devil May Cry 5 would be nice. I liked the Devil Bringer gameplay. DMC4 is probably my second favorite, behind 3.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Did DmC1 sell enough to warrant a sequel? It didnt seem to sell al that welldue to.l the bad pr and fan backlash

Sdog

Awards

Did DmC1 sell enough to warrant a sequel? It didnt seem to sell al that welldue to.l the bad pr and fan backlash

While a sequel was definitely in mind while making the first, I remember Capcom going through some issues not too long after that. Not to say they still are, I haven't been keeping up, but it did sell about 1 million units. So I think that seems decent enough to warrant a sequel and the ratings weren't that bad. I enjoyed it myself personally.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

In Capcom terms, it probably didn't make what they wanted it to but it certainly made it over the 1mil units sold mark and this Definitive Edition is proof enough that Capcom still has some belief in the game. With the upgrades made, it's certainly something people want to buy more than the regular DmC so I don't think a sequel is out of the question.

I'd prefer a DMC4 sequel before DmC, though.

firaga101

DmC was a new twist on the devil may cry franchise. Although DMC4 was good Capcom hit a wall on where to take the gameplay next and how to innovate thus resulting in Ninja Theory's DmC. I don't think they'll give it a sequel unless they want to reboot all of it. So most probably they'll take DmC's positive points and put it into DMC5. Otherwise the Vergil tease seems kinda pointless if they're gonna reboot it all the same using Ninja Theory's DmC as a template. But capcom hasn't been very popular in its business practices these days so it might be a cheap tactic to make a quick buck.

Back