• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Destati Character Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcana-Key

Awards
I love how much effort you and your friends have put into this. I've never seen a fanfic with this much forethought, artwork, and supplementary reading put into it. (Then again, I haven't read THAT many fanfics before... BUT STILL.) And now we even have animation! Seriously, this stuff is making me pretty excited for the actual story. Keep it up!

Hahah, I really appreciate it, it means a lot! The characters just sort of took a life of their own because-- I just love the series, a lot. I love Disney, a lot. When I first got art of her and her friends, it was more for roleplay purposes, but it ended up spanning out into me writing one shots before we all decided it'd be enjoyable to just write the story and bounce ideas around with one another. ;n; Hyuei is the best though, he nails the KH style and genuinely inspires me to write more.

Speaking of I do have to post that new chapter this week oops--

Arcana-Key

Awards
The peace of her home would always be something that Suihei took to Heart. It wasn't the best place...but it wasn't the worst, either.
Every day before hanging with her friends, she would make a point of sitting against her balcony to gaze at the clock that overlooked the town like a stalwart defender.

It was Home. And even though she'd always had fancied the thought of seeing other places beyond the town she had been raised in, it would always be the place that she loved the most.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

She just never knew that until she had to fight for it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Two pieces from a contest that I recently hosted that- inadvertently ended up complimenting one another quite well.
Sinister Sundown is loosely based off of the tail end of Chapter III in Destati. At least by my headcanons- ;w;​

Lazy Afternoons by JessLB
Sinister Sundown by Enmoire

Anagram

Banned
The peace of her home would always be something that Suihei took to Heart. It wasn't the best place...but it wasn't the worst, either.
Every day before hanging with her friends, she would make a point of sitting against her balcony to gaze at the clock that overlooked the town like a stalwart defender.

It was Home. And even though she'd always had fancied the thought of seeing other places beyond the town she had been raised in, it would always be the place that she loved the most.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

She just never knew that until she had to fight for it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Two pieces from a contest that I recently hosted that- inadvertently ended up complimenting one another quite well.
Sinister Sundown is loosely based off of the tail end of Chapter III in Destati. At least by my headcanons- ;w;​

Lazy Afternoons by JessLB
Sinister Sundown by Enmoire

I know I've praised it a lot but holy damn! These two really did a great job on the art! o_0 It looks kinda like speedpaints of actual gameplay.

Arcana-Key

Awards
It should be important to know that the development of Suihei's design changed and modified over time ; the second attire, Act 1, was originally her conceptual appearance. When she was drawn in her Act 1 attire, we decided to step away from it a bit- though, my friend ended up messing up with the skin pigmentation a bit, leading to a minor inconsistency. Though the constant changes across her age bring with them minor things ; a darker hair colour, eyes infected with a minor bit of orange and ambers.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The original attire for Suihei once development started going underway. It's Sora's KH2 outfit, but I felt that it complimented her more - something that I think a few people on the forums agreed with. A funny story is that when she was in her conceptual stage, I had originally envisioned her as a sort of 'Player 2' alternate story for Kingdom Hearts. You start off in a different world and go on a different adventure. Another idea that came along the lines was that she was a Replica of Sora, but that was something overdone, as well as the descendant thing. It wouldn't have made sense. Instead, we touched on something else that interwove protagonists across the two-thousand or so year gap.

'course that's spoilers. Feel free to post on what you speculate here. c:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

While the Act 3 attire was just tossed together by way of an art trade, we decided to take elements from both costumes ( ie suspenders and color coordination ; gloves and wristlets ) while making it marginally sportier due to her athletic nature. By the time Act 3 does come around though ( and really its tentative here ), Suihei has cut her hair shorter, to about shoulder length. I've always joked that when her hair is shorter, it becomes a bit less tamed, alluding to her father's side of the family. Her coat carries the heart logo familiar of the KH series, and her wayfinder, though unpictured, is secured around her neck.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Suihei Artwork by Infinitehearts

Arcana-Key

Awards
I know I've praised it a lot but holy damn! These two really did a great job on the art! o_0 It looks kinda like speedpaints of actual gameplay.

Haha, it would be pretty amazing. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for seeing how people would try to portray Sui in different art styles.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I absolutely love the battle animation of Suihei the most! Do you know if more of it will be made in the future? Seriously, it's really awesome to see Suihei come to life like that. It'd be nice to see her colored in too. Or fighting off a heartless.

Everything else looks great! I do want to point out the 'Lazy Afternoon' picture didn't show up, when I clicked on the tab. Therefore, you might want to fix it later, when you can, Arcana-Key. :D

Arcana-Key

Awards
" No matter what we face, we'll get through it together. "

She knew morale often depended on her ; the Light of the team, the one to keep spirits high. Suihei knew that even if she was feeling down, even if the odds were stacked, it was often for the best if she her head remained held high. Justifying it could have been what she was doing it - even though her heart was pounding a mile a minute against her ribcage, she was sure that everything would come out alright.

" So don't worry too much about me, okay? It's just a match. "

Competitively, Suihei had never been weak. She had an iron-will, an unfaltering design of her own nature that had been tested time and again. So what if she'd actually gotten into trouble a few times? Backing down from a challenge had never been on her plate.

Which is why she'd opted to throw herself into the Pandora Cup without the backing of her party ; the Coliseum had its rules after all, and she always enjoyed a challenge.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Art by HYUEI / Colors by Me

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I still love Suihei's overall design and the optimism she has. It's still really cool to know a lot more about her and the stubborn iron will she has. I admire that greatly about her and imagine she did well in the Pandora Cup fight by herself. :)

Arcana-Key

Awards
I still love Suihei's overall design and the optimism she has. It's still really cool to know a lot more about her and the stubborn iron will she has. I admire that greatly about her and imagine she did well in the Pandora Cup fight by herself. :)

Ah! Welcome back! I think this was originally supposed to be a snippet for the ( spoilers ) Olympus Coliseum thing ; I never quite figured out if I wanted to do the set of tournaments in four separate chapters throughout the story as sort of breaks from the more intensive workload of world hopping ;w;

Arcana-Key

Awards
Practiced a bit with Graphic Design! Lately, I've learned how to do that on Photoshop and figured that it wouldn't hurt learning how to do it proper. Since Hyuei recently finished a commission of the trinity in a new set of clothes, I felt that it'd be neat to have their younger selves set next to their older selves. Below are annotations on their designs, courtesy of my ramblings, alongside the three of them together in the recent artwork.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
❝ Sometimes, yeah━ the heart can be weak, and sometimes... it may even give in. But, I've never been the sort to go down without a fight! My friends... they're the ones that give me strength! ❞

The difference between Suihei's designs are a bit more subtle than clothing ; when Hyuei was drawing this, I had to pass over a piece of coloring to represent this. Her hair and skin are darker, while her eyes have lightened from a cherry / chocolate to a more subtle hazel / orange. Aside from this, her hair is also modified to be slightly tamer than her Act 1 appearance, lending itself to something slightly more familiar to those that've indulged in the Kingdom Hearts series. While the opportunity was there to change her Act 2 attire into something more unique, we opted to stick with the modified KH2 look, if only because it seemed to fit the character a bit better. The thematic element of passing down the torch with the trio shows itself in Suihei more prominently. Her Keyblade resembles Sora's, her clothes come to resembles Sora's, even the subtler things, like personality quirks, vaguely come to resemble Sora's. This is done intentionally, as a major part of Destati eventually comes down to the cycle of Hearts, not unlike the Lifestream in Final Fantasy.

Otherwise, it's a superficial design that's more or less grown on me. While she's intentionally meant to resemble Sora, Suihei's design choices are also meant to pull her away from him too. As previously stated on another design post, we decided on something that interwove the protagonists together over the two-thousand year gap, and spoilers here -

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aside from this, her Elemental alignment meant to represent her in Act 2 would be Twilight ;

" The element of Twilight is balance in full. It is a force that represents the unity of Light and Darkness ; a remnant of the Realms prior to their separation in eons past that shows itself in Hearts that have reconciled their strengths and weaknesses. As with many forms of magic, it can take the form of Gemstones utilized for synthesis. It is a source of power that is incredibly potent. It is said that Twilight simply is. It is renewal, it is cleansing, and it consumes with all the frigid voraciousness of Darkness, and burns with all the tenacious Hunger of Light. It is an element that proves repulsive and inclusive in the same turn ; a source of contradiction due to the mixed essence between Light and Darkness. For those that Master it, it is an incredibly boon. "

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Some days I stare into water and ask my reflection, is there a place in this world for a creature that was never meant to be…? Did I really deserve the second chance over everybody else?

Pants, sweet, sweet pants. Noxic is someone that I've always envisioned to be the kind of big brother to the group ; he's also the heavy hitter, which is probably why he has the most detailed build out of all three from his trinity. His coat represents a lot to him, so while we couldn't get rid of it, we certainly could alter it to go with his slightly taller build. His appearance, like Sui's, focuses on the more subtle things. His headfluff is cut differently, and, again, his physical build is slightly bulkier, as well as taller. Attire wise, we looked at Nomura's artwork and collaborated until we had something that fit Noxic's aesthetic.

Turns out Jecht's Dissidia shorts were a good thing to tug at. The emblem on his person is a customized Heartless one ; presumably a design that Seria herself opted to come up with or something that Noxic took on his person during Act 1.5 As with the rest of his party, the changes focused on taking his fighting style into account, as well as his personality - wild, frenzied, and possibly the most energetic of his party, despite the scowl that regularly marrs his features.​

" Darkness surges within and the powers that come with it are ones he is both experienced with and uses relatively freely. Conjuring flame of shadow or becoming one with the night, his attacks can greatly vary depending on how he utilizes the arsenal his being graces him with. Skills are often influenced by this element as well, using it to both dodge and block with onyx barriers. This combined with his fighting style can offer him opportunities to mix it up and keep the opponent guessing, using it to fight at range if the situation calls for it or to find a new opening. "

❝ A lone, crimson tear falls to the sea... The echo of the remaining star cries out in the infinite vacuum. The least I can do is send my distant prayers over the wind of time, setting sail on dreams... .
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Aesthetic wise, you can see that Nyx now wears...shorts. His coat has been cut to reveal more as a sort of counter to that ; as I was focusing on tying his design more with something that would resemble his native World, or rather, a part of that World from which he hails from ( a set of isles with a multicultural demographic ) I realized how neat shorts would look on him as well. Considering that one of the major villages is a fishing one, I thought it'd fit. Hyuei and I also discussed the benefits of having his coat closely resemble one of the Organization's. In a way, it's meant to symbolise shedding his flesh as a Dusk

This is not to say that his design suffered by any means ; I've opted to focus on mobility and, whenever I work it into the series ( if I ever get around to grinding through it ) his magic of choice. We're deviating from Kingdom Hearts brand magic for another Square game for Nyx's own unique skillset.

So keep an ear out. Maybe.

It should also be noted that his distinct element of Act 2, meant to represent him, is Nothingness ;

" The element of Nothingness represents 'nul'. It is a force that has existed alongside Light and Darkness since the World of eons past Fractured. A quintessential balance between the realms, it is a source of power that acts in a contradictory nature. Mandated to keep the Realms of reality apart, but forsaken by every realm all the same. It is said that Nothingness is the void, the spatial concept that is experienced when the Heart leaves the body. To denizens of each realm, specifically those of the Realm of Light, it is a place of form and non-form, unnatural to be about and damaging to their souls, whereas Darkness proves dangerous to the body. "

As I had opted to grace him with Nothingness due to his lack of vivid memories of his life as a Somebody, he is meant to draw parallels to the Organization. Or at least he'll be meant to once he garners a few scenarios that focus on him.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Concordia is the Latin word for "harmony," literally "with (one) heart."It should be noted that by Act II, our Trinity will have experienced a great degree together. With a trial brushing along the horizon, their difficulties eventually come towards facing the Light as an adversary. During 1.5, Nyx goes as far as to touch upon the shores of his own Home World, which will remain tip-top secret until I figure out how exactly I want it to work.

By this point, Suihei is roughly 17 years old, providing her with greater insight towards herself, and her role in the world. Concordia was chosen as a title due to the harmony that each eventually find with their innate elements, as well as the unity that they display in the face of the tribulations that may stack against them.

Art by HYUEI

Arcana-Key

Awards
I was wondering if you could do a drawing in copic marker of Sora's mom giving Sora a hug on the beach of Destiny Islands.

Sorry, I don't draw! All the work that I post has either been commissioned by me, or traded over! :< This is just a thread featuring art of the OC's from this fanfiction.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really love all of their designs. It's still hard to choose a favorite, because all three of them really shine with their outfit styles. I'd say it's a tie between Suihei and Noxic for me. What I really loved learning about the most is Suihei being close to reincarnation of Sora. That right there blows my mind. I still feel like Suihei is more her own person than entirely of Sora, despite what similarities they share. Honestly, I should've figured that out a lot more for myself.

Arcana-Key

Awards
An Armor Clad figure with unknown intentions. It appears that she wields the power of the Keyblade with great skill, she strikes with the powers of both Light and Darkness with incredible ease, making her an formidable threat. - Journal - Entry 1
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Going by the Journal Entry, which started off as a bit of a joke, one could assume that time traveling shenanigans were involved in order for a meeting of Keyblades, both past and present, to come together. The best way to discover one's flaws is to have them picked at by someone way out of your league, after all.

As a bonus boss, I envisioned her skills to be a peculiar blend of Armor of the Master and No Heart - that is, a phenomenal grasp on light manipulation, darkness manipulation, and a mastery of the Keyblade that allows her to cause it to change shapes in order to provide an absolutely decimating beatdown to any that may stand in her way. Chains of light, sentinels that zip and zoom around targets, a keychainsaw that sends out razor-sharp wheels of darkness. Y'know, the usual stuff. Combined with a budding proficiency in hand-to-hand that utilizes sharp kicks and fierce punches that would probably find their foundation in taekkyon and kickboxing, alongside a few classic Monk Skills ( Final Heaven, Dolphin Blow, Meteodive ), she'd, quite frankly-- kicks her younger counterpart's butt with ease.

Or at least toys around with her enough until she fights back to her satisfaction before returning back to her own time.

Or, to put it in a more succinct manner ; annoying as heck to fight.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Twilight Void looks badass. I could easily see her going toe to toe with her enemies. The armor is outstanding. I give high praise to whoever drew it, because it really is outstanding to look at. I could easily picture Twilight Void within the actual games of Kingdom Hearts. She'd definitely be a formidable foe to face against and try to defeat. I don't know why but, Suihei does come to mind when I look at her. And you mentioned time travel. So... lots of possibilities on who it could be. xD Definitely a favorite of mine!

Arcana-Key

Awards
Twilight Void looks badass. I could easily see her going toe to toe with her enemies. The armor is outstanding. I give high praise to whoever drew it, because it really is outstanding to look at. I could easily picture Twilight Void within the actual games of Kingdom Hearts. She'd definitely be a formidable foe to face against and try to defeat. I don't know why but, Suihei does come to mind when I look at her. And you mentioned time travel. So... lots of possibilities on who it could be. xD Definitely a favorite of mine!

Oh gosh, I totally forgot to credit the artist, didn't I? Kek, it's by ChromaticPresence. As for why it may be familiar, it might just be the colouring scheme! I need to get around to redoing it from the top and then grinding through it from there, haha. Color schemes are so hard to rife through whenever you have the misfortune of just having to pick a few things that are complimentary-

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
I got to say this artwork of everybody is absolutely gorgeous and I can easily see it as an anime show or videogame which is more perfect when you think about it.

As everybody keep saying, I do agree that the KH2 outfit works very well on Sui and I pretty much will have to follow you like the new fan that I am. :3

Arcana-Key

Awards
" Erm, well, it's not that I'm bad at using this thing or anything, but how do you not trip over it? "

Suihei as a mouse.

The idea of her having no control over her tail was a bit too amusing for me, or the artist to pass up. Of course, since this is a sketch the tail is waaaay on the other end of the rest of the art for some god forsaken reason, so, we put her in a pinafore, gave her a jacket and a neat hat, hoped for the best. While I don't think it's time accurate ( doesn't Great Mouse Detective take place in 1897(???) it's p friggin' cute. So.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nyx doesn't like wearing pants. Something that Suihei forced on him, simply due to the fact that they were in a 'civilized society' and it 'wouldn't be proper' for him to go gallivanting around with his rear end showing all over the place. Personally, he believes that she may be overreacting.

He really hates being a mouse.

It sort of comes with the territory of normally being a cat, actually--
Spoiler Spoiler Show

“What are these things around me legs?! ‘n why do ey itch so much! What do’y mean I gotta wear them!? . . . Ugh.”

Noxic as a mouse.

4/7! Looks like the members of the infamous pantsless duo have been ‘pantified’! Look at his face, look at the discontent and sheer disgust in those eyes. Being a mouse? Eh. But pants? Pants?! Holy hell almighty, that—that is against the very laws of nature itself, it is like committing some heinous sin! The idea of him being forced to wear the things by his friends because they are in the highly held place known as London England was just too good to pass up tbh. As for the picture and concept itself, I love it! Patchy clothes and the overall pickpocket look suit mouse Nox, and it is drawn such it looks like he can slot right into the show. Extra points for Song, because I know she has a hard time with hats, but the little cap is great and completes the look!

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Suihei & Nyx by viiraa
Noxic art by Songgoishtar

Arcana-Key

Awards
“Do you remember my name, Something?”

“Mn… I can’t really say.” Her words seemed to muddle together and weigh her heart down. They sluggishly burbled from between her lips, even as she continued to sink, motionless against the current guiding her like air – a few bubbles rolled from between her fluttering clothes, and it was only the steady hand of Nyx that kept her from sinking further into Darkness. Brown eyes met those peculiar blue for but a moment, before they slid down to stare at Nyx’s chest.

She couldn’t even muster the will to look him in the eye, shamed as she was at forgetting his name. It felt like it should’ve been important. Her keyblade had taken a most peculiar shape – formless, torn between Kingdom and Neo-Kingdom alike, too broad to be the weapon that she had steadily been acclimating herself too, yet too slim to be the weapon that she had started with.

Within the abyss, Suihei caught sight of the glimmering gold eyes of a Heartless, splashing from the surface and diving further from the duo. Where was she? She couldn’t remember—everything just seemed too frustrating to try to drudge up.

Such a wretched fate, to be drowned in Darkness, is it not, Suihei Something?” His words were phantasmal against her ears, the words of the feline drawing her attention for but a feeble few moments. He was akin to a spectral guide, in this realm without light – without thoughts or memories, just scattered dreams and thoughts muddled by the abyss – she needed one.

“Mn…” Her noise was one of agreeance, as the churning thoughts of Darkness being bad flitted through her mind for the entirety of seconds. If she focused hard enough, she could just barely put names to a few of the muddled faces that passed through her mind at that word—Darkness.

Nyx sighed, peering at the listless girl before his eyes lifted up to the surface of the water just begging to be breached. “We promised to take care of you. Such a foolish, foolish child, throwing everything away for a Nothing such as myself.” His voice seemed ‘fond’ ; for some reason, Suihei found that thought far more amusing than she felt it should’ve been. “… but as Noxic has claimed. We’ll put you back together again, because you are our Light. But you must do your part too, Suihei Something. Do you understand?”

For the first time since their conversation started, the barest hints of awareness flickered into Suihei’s eyes, before they bloomed in understanding. Yes, yes, she understood—“Whatever happened…” Whatever happened had put her to sleep. So…

“Chain together your memories, and we will see what we can do when the time is right.” Nyx explained further, glancing back down to Suihei with a muted smile. "I am quite sure you can do it."

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Surrealistic art time + short story + spoilers all in one go.

Art by Sinnelius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back