• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dead Space

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert_Punk

This is probably one of the scariest survivor horror games I've ever played. The environment and the sounds definitely are what freak me out the most. Add a Necromorph leaping up from the ground to all that and you've got me swearing and pressing the pause button on impulse.

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Yeha.. well the game's good and it has a scary feeling to it but not scary scary like Doom 3. But I has some nice yet original concepts to it. This game comes third next to Left 4 dead and Doom 3

Q

Banned
Yeha.. well the game's good and it has a scary feeling to it but not scary scary like Doom 3. But I has some nice yet original concepts to it. This game comes third next to Left 4 dead and Doom 3

uhh no

Those games aren't scary at all

Bioshock was WAY scarier than Left 4 Dead and Doom 3 combined, Doom 3 was just really faggy with the stupid flashlight. But yeah Dead Space is freaky, mostly because you can't see what's behind you

;__;

Desert_Punk

uhh no

Bioshock was WAY scarier than Left 4 Dead and Doom 3 combined, Doom 3 was just really faggy with the stupid flashlight. But yeah Dead Space is freaky, mostly because you can't see what's behind you

;__;

BioShock...isn't all that scary. Yeah, there were a few points that made me jump, but thats about it.

The scary thing about Dead Space is the environment. The way that sounds carry. You think that something is coming when it doesn't. And then when you're comfortable, something jumps out. Shadows have you thinking something is coming when it turns out to be a trashcan, only for you to turn around having an alien zombie swinging at you. No survivor horror game has freaked me out this much.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Never jumped in fright with Left 4 dead, or Bioshock.
Try playing Doom 3 as a 10 year old, at night though. Fuck.
Dead Space seemed to copy that . Holy shit when you turned around with low health, and slash. Your fucking dismantled.

ONIZO201

Indeed, the atmosphere in this game was quite gritty and spooky as opposed to the other Survival "horror" I've played(Which consist of mainly Resident Evil and Silent Hill).

I will also have to say that Dead Space is one of the few survival horror games where I actually enjoy all the various ways you can get killed in the game. The way they presented some of the ways you could die in the intro was just awesome.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
This shit is scary next to Resident Evil, i would not play this game in the dark

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
uhh no

;__;

You're right but Bioshock isn't scary... like that guy said, it's very jumpy literally. And I admit that the flashlight thing on Doom 3 was pretty inconvenient, I was saying to myself, "A flashlight? Are you fucking kidding me?" geez its the future and they still use flashlights LOL, why not a shoulder light or a neon like in dead space.

But if you want scary games I recommend the original Silent Hill on PSX or the original Fatal Frame. I dare you all to top these scary motherfuckers. These are classic.

Dead Space's enemies are a bitch, guns are useless and your best bet is the plasma saw except on bosses and certain enemies.

Macabre

Gold Member
Dead Space's enemies are a bitch, guns are useless and your best bet is the plasma saw except on bosses and certain enemies.
I prefer the Pulse Rifle over every other weapon I have right now in Dead Space.
I've upgraded it to maximum and it's become my standard weapon.

[Strykr]

I love using the Plasma Cutter over the other weapons for some reason. XD

Dead Space is indeed an awesome game. For some reason, I found Doom 3 scarier.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Appranlty the prequel thing makes some inconsistencies with the game story itself. I don't remember if that's true or not. I've finished the whole game, and I"m currently trying to upgrade all my weaopns to max. And get the achievements by getting 30 kills with each weapon.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back