• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Conversation with Creators with Tetsuya Nomura Interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Actually, it was Birth By Sleep Final Mix. Re:coded was released in Japan October 2010.
For Japan, yes. For America, it was January, 2011.

In regards to KH3's release date, I still think 2015 is unrealistic. I really think 2017 is the most realistic option for having a polished, finished game on our hands. Maybe 2016 at the soonest, but I really think 2015 is pushing it.

KH3 may brake that cycle after all.

I'm pretty sure they'll just have KH3 brake the cycle.
Unless they want to do a KH Theatrhythm game to release in 2015. But then there's 2016, and KH3 may or may not release at that time. So then maybe the cycle would brake then? I dunno.

Personally, I sincerely hope KH3 doesn't release until 2017. I know that "fans" have been "waiting seven years" for a game that was never officially announced until this year, but I really want them to take their time on this one.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
For Japan, yes. For America, it was January, 2011.

In regards to KH3's release date, I still think 2015 is unrealistic. I really think 2017 is the most realistic option for having a polished, finished game on our hands. Maybe 2016 at the soonest, but I really think 2015 is pushing it.

2017? Really? I think 2016 would be the latest we'd see it. Keep in mind that the PS4 is a great deal easier to develop on than the PS3 was, and it makes sense too since development already looks fantastic with the little we've seen.

I think 2015 is realistic, but I wouldn't doubt if we saw a 2016 release for KH3 with a re-release of DDD in 2015.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
D'aww. That part in the interview, about how Nomura wants to live up to how happy people were when KHIII was announced, is so sweet! He cares about the fans so much, and always wants to make the best game possible for us. My heart goes out to you, Nomura and S-E. You've given me some of the best years of my life, and I know KH will always continue to make me very, very happy.

And now I wonder if anyone at S-E has seen the E3 reaction videos...

Also, I sympathize with Nomura in having to decide what to keep and what to cut. It sounds like all the possibilities would be really fun to decide on, and yet very stressful, as well. And for all we know... the ride summons might very well be cut in the end game (I hope not, but you never know). So, yeah. If this doesn't confirm that KHIII is still very early development, I don't know what does. But I'm cool with it. I've waited seven years for this game, so I can wait a few more. Just as long as they use the time to make this the best game they can:D

Edit: And I think I agree with you one-hundred-percent, Cataclysm. Especially since I can't get the idea of a DDD FM out of my head now, but we'll see what happens, I guess. It's going to be so interesting to see what might be revealed at the end of II.5...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
2017? Really? I think 2016 would be the latest we'd see it. Keep in mind that the PS4 is a great deal easier to develop on than the PS3 was, and it makes sense too since development already looks fantastic with the little we've seen.

Just because you're working on a more powerful console that can be ported from a PC to the console doesn't mean that development would be soooo much faster. Because you'd still have to step up the game in terms of what is possible with next-gen. You'd have to take advantage of the technology presented to you and create things that are on par with what is available. If they were to just use the same old PS2 models, but develop the game for the PS4, then yes, I can see where your argument would be valid, but that is not the case.

I'm just gonna leave the statement that I have always repeated. KH2 came out 4 years after KH1. BBS came out 4 years after KH2. Both of which were main-title games with decent replay value. KH3 will most likely follow same pattern.

Sorry, I really don't find 2015 realistic at all. I can totally see FFXV being released at that date, but KH3? I don't see that at all unless the game will be super unpolished and a little buggy.

I dunno, if I ever see a trailer saying "KH3 releases in 2015," I would just be extremely worried about the quality of the game. 2016 I'm more okay with, but I would feel completely safe with a 2017 release date.

Last edited:

iLeen

Awards
Nomura: We're preparing a fair number of actions that involve the world maps. Things like climbing up a cliff that crumbles with falling stones, and enemies lifting up a building that you are in.

Oh boy, I'm doomed already. But I like all the additional details they're adding! Sounds like fun, anyhow :]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yeah, Re:coded.

Seriously though, Dissidia was going to be a KH fighter until Disney decided that their characters couldn't fight each other...
which is almost the entirety of the franchise's premise so GG Disney

I would be totally fine with an original-cast-only fighter though. I might even prefer it that way.

The main problem Disney most likely saw was not the complete premise of their characters fighting, but the tournament and beat-em-up style of the proposed title Dissidia has.

For example, I could imagine that Disney (and lots of parents too) would be horrified to see uploaded videos on Youtube where players of "KH: Dissidia" choose to play as Vanitas or Ansem SoD and beat the crap out of Donald, Mickey or Goofy. In the KH series itself, when Disney characters fight, it's almost always either in a cutscene or on your side.

In a Dissidia-style game however, you can also choose to play as the villains or even when you take one of the good original characters, the possibility that i.e. Mickey or Donald would pop up as an opponent is there, and that's what Disney most likely can't stand because it would be going against the image those characters have worldwide.

The transcript from Famitsu has been translated, with many thanks to SQEXGAL!

Reading all this again reminds me how much of a hardworking man Nomura is and how much he is into "his" Kingdom Hearts-series and loves what he's doing.

This passion and dedication is admirable and much of the flak and bitching he gets especially from some parts of the western fanbase is totally uncalled for.

A fun thing to note is that even someone as experienced as Nomura is astounded by the possibilities the PS4 apparently has to offer, which means that we can probably expect KH III to vastly outlast both KH 1 and 2 in terms of both gameplay and story length.

Silent hero_

Awards
Reading all this again reminds me how much of a hardworking man Nomura is and how much he is into "his" Kingdom Hearts-series and loves what he's doing.

This passion and dedication is admirable and much of the flak and bitching he gets especially from some parts of the western fanbase is totally uncalled for.

A fun thing to note is that even someone as experienced as Nomura is astounded by the possibilities the PS4 apparently has to offer, which means that we can probably expect KH III to vastly outlast both KH 1 and 2 in terms of both gameplay and story length.

I very much hope so that's the case. I want my KH3 experience to last as long as possible. The story length should at least be longer than previous games', considering how many plot points KH3 has to deal with.

SoraroS

Awards
Just to be different I'll say that we will have a 2018 release!!! (ahahah HOPE NOT, only joking). I sincerely hope they release a Re: DDD for the PS4 and also I would love a release of a possible BBS 2! Just to keep us entertained until we have a III release in, lets say... December 2016 to March 2017???

limit

"enemies lifting the building you're in"

OH MY GOSHHHH
I've always wanted to see epic stuff like this in a game! This is what I was expecting from KH3, so freaking hyped! Not to mention, there's gonna be a lot more mobility and free-running, YES!

"fans have so many expectations..."
Aww, I have faith in you, Nomura!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I very much hope so that's the case. I want my KH3 experience to last as long as possible. The story length should at least be longer than previous games', considering how many plot points KH3 has to deal with.

Agreed. Given how much kh3 has to cover, it would be shocking if kh3 wasn't as long or longer than kh2

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

Zven

Well Nomura said in the interview he wants to put out KH3 quickly, so late 2015 seems very possible for me, Japan only or worldwide that I don't know.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd say 2015 if were lucky. At the latest, it will most likely be sometime in 2016. the fact that Nomura said he wants to get kh3 out quickly gives me some hope that we will get a 2015 release date

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Nothing, huh? But of course new worlds will be introduced, right?
Nomura: As for worlds, I've made some choices and started making them, but at this stage I can't announce what world and which characters. Information will come little by little... There are a lot of new worlds since there are so many Disney titles that haven't appeared yet. As for familiar worlds and characters, you can expect that the locations will be completely, the visuals will be different.

is he saying that the disneyworld we revisit will look completely different here? (like Agrabah)

Other then that, great interview and it sound very promising

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nothing, huh? But of course new worlds will be introduced, right?
Nomura: As for worlds, I've made some choices and started making them, but at this stage I can't announce what world and which characters. Information will come little by little... There are a lot of new worlds since there are so many Disney titles that haven't appeared yet. As for familiar worlds and characters, you can expect that the locations will be completely, the visuals will be different.

is he saying that the disneyworld we revisit will look completely different here? (like Agrabah)

Other then that, great interview and it sound very promising

Right; he's saying that for worlds that have already appeared in past titles, if they show up again in KH3, we'll visit completely new areas.

Agrabah has a pretty big chance to be included in KH3 and luckily for us, the final chapter of the story is the King of Thieves, where we spend very little time in the city and desert.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Right; he's saying that for worlds that have already appeared in past titles, if they show up again in KH3, we'll visit completely new areas.

Agrabah has a pretty big chance to be included in KH3 and luckily for us, the final chapter of the story is the King of Thieves, where we spend very little time in the city and desert.

Great. There are some old worlds I would love to revisit like hollow bastion and Olympus colisseum. Can't wait to see what new areas he has in mind

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"There's a party here in Agrabah~"

The Princesses of Heart worlds are also bound to re-appear so I'd say we have a pretty decent amount of worlds to go to.

I wouldn't expect all of their worlds. That'd be too many old worlds and there are still more interesting, old non-PoH worlds to visit.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Well, this is their chance to make an Atlantica that fans will like. Who knows, we might be able to explore the landmass portion, instead of the seas, with normal controls.

I'm really excited to see the new areas in Twilight Town and Radiant Garden. For the latter, hopefully there's a chance to revisit the areas seen in BbS... I absolutely adore this version of RG for its perceived completeness and majesty (and the music). It's just what a capital of light should look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back